Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 767 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

Thought it would be a good idea to set up a topic for James Cook University Hospital for us all to discuss treatment, concerns, etc... rather that us having lots of seperate posts on the hospital.  Think its good to keep everything together to make it easier for newbies.

There seem to be a few ladies due to start tx there in 2011, i'll be one of the too for my 3rd IVF.

Good luck to everyone, happy chatting

xx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Im also waiting for IVF, should hit the top of the list in March 2011! Fingers crossed for everyone!  ^pray^

Katie xx

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Hi girls, I had treatment at JC in sept/oct so might be able to help with questions etc  :)

Mandy the trial cannulation is a breeze, it hurts less than a smear which is nothing really. They pass a fine canula thru ur cervix into your uterus to make sure it is an easy enough route, in prep for when the embryos go back in. My actual embryo transfer was awful, sorry to say it. I was so swollen from treatment that it was not as easy as my trial run!

X

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi everyone
We have just received our letter for reaching the top of the list we see mr mufasa on 5th jan having iui to begin with so fingers crossed  ^pray^ ^pray^  this is a really good idea for us to have our own place to chat as Im struggling to keep up with everyone and feel like im missing everyones news as Im not that good at keeping up with everybody  ^idiot^ ^idiot^
Good luck to everyone  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ xxx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is a great idea as like Leanne0206 said its easier to keep  up with everyone!

We received our letter tooday to say e had reached the top of the list and have an appointment with Mr Mohamed on 29th December, they have also sent the forms out that need signing before we can start treatment and we need to sign them and take them back on this date. I have no idea what will happen on this appointment so if anyone has any ideas it would be great to hear them!!

We were told on our last appointment that we would probably have to have ICSI. I am really nervous, anxious, excited just like all of you will be and would be great if w could all support each other.

Looking forward to hearing about everyones journey down this road and hopefully we can hold each others hands through it ^hugme^

Lisa x x

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi everyone hope u have a magical Christmas and hopefully next year will provide miracles for us all  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy Christmas everyone, lets hope all our dreams come true in 2011

xx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi Girls,

Thanks Mandy for thinking of me :). Well we have been for our appointment today and they are going to be putting 2 embryos back in :) we are boooked in for egg collection week commencing 14th March and have to go see the nursing team middle of Feb.

I am trying so hard to be positive and thinking happy thoughts for my little embryo's that are going to be produced. Our problem is my DH has a low sperm count and I arent producing as many eggs as I should for a 31 year old. I am been put on the short protocol treatment and i am hoping an praying that the injections work and produce good quality eggs ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^.

Hope you all had a lovely christmas.

Lisa x x x

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Lisa
Glad your app went ok Im sure it will all be fine just keep thinking positive  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  we will all be sending good luck to you both too  :)  at least now you have a time scale of how things are going to work.

Have a great new year and keep us posted  ^hugme^

Love Lea xx

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck Lisa, March will be here in no time...

Quick question, are all you JCUH ladies having scans, bloods etc done there or is anyone going to have these done at Bishop Auckland or another??

x

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi nicky don't know of any1 having tests at bishop Auckland think they r all done at James cook  my app is on wed  any diff il let u know  :)
Hi mandy sure your letter will b coming but u will put your mind at rest by ringing let us know what they say  :)
Happy new year 2 everyone we have al got a busy year ahead  x x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie on here and have just been referred to James Cook. First appointment was meant to be 26th Jan but cancelled and changed to  15th February. Is it normal for them to cancel appointments? It just said 'due to unforeseen circumstances'?

I wondered if anyone could tell me what to expect of this first appointment in Feb? Not sure what the prob is we've been trying for 14 months now. I have irregular cycles (although seem to be getting better) and husbands sample results were 'inconclusive' so need to get to the bottom of it.

Will there be any examinations or bloods done or just a chat at the first one? (had all bloods etc... done with GP but wasnt sure uf they might repeat.

Thanks

xxx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi there NP
Dont worry about the appointment change I got a letter for one of my apps and the same day they rang to change the time so its pretty normal they are all really nice at James Cook so don't worry :)
You're first appointment will really to chat about what you are going through and what they need to do to help they may need to do additional blood tests to the ones you had at your gp depending on what you had done but they will have your results and go through them with you and what will happen next.
This site is great and everyone is lovely met some great ladies through it  :)  the only thing is everyones treatment is different so if it is happening to them it might not happen to you but the staff at the hosp are fab and really understanding no matter how strange you may feel the question is if you don't ask you wont find out....stay positive ^reiki^
Keep us all upto date with your news
Love Lea xx ^hugme^

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Lea and Mandy for responses- I'm feeling bit better already just knowing what to expect and knowing that people on here so supportive. Will keep postedon how firt appointment goes and good luck in your TTC journies! x

·
Registered
173 Posts
??? Oh and another thing- I don't understand all these abbreviations except TTC. Can you help in any way- I need to know all the cool shorthand he he x

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've been using the site 4 ages and i still don't know ;D if u go onto some of the posts on the home page there are some that explain them i just try and guess most of the time  ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mandy dont feel bad in feeling like this, i did feel exactly the same myself when we were cycling last time.

I did think about ringing today myself, but then put it off as was thinking they will be inundated with calls.  Did you try ringing the nursing team direct?  Let me know if you need a number

xx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas and new year!  :)

And mandy i hope you get sorted soon, i was terrible when i didn't get our letter saying we were on the list and it seemed to take forever! So i sympathise with you, its so frustrating! Hopefully it wont be much longer and i have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!  :)

Best wishes

Katie x

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Mandy I used to have problems actually speaking to someone when I was going thru treatment as they are so mega busy.
If my calculations are correct gemma is on maternity leave, she was always super organised.
I left several msgs on answer machines and they never got back to me, your beat bet is to keep ringing. I'd stick with the Gemma phone number as she (or whoever is covering) was the only one with access to the waiting list as she manages it. Just keep ringing tomorrow and you'll get someone eventually, I wouldn't bother with leaving msgs.

Becca.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Morning mandy
Hope you've had more luck today  ^hugme^ try ringing at different times of the day 2 if u can only way i got through
Let us know how u get on and remember were all here 4 u even if it is just 2 rant  ;D
Love lea x

1 - 20 of 767 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.