Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was referred to Hull after TTC for 7 years.  After all the tests we are unexplained.  At my last appointment they were already talking about IVF because of my age (34 is apparently old) and I have to see the consultant again in August to discuss things further.

So I was wondering has anyone had or know anyone thats been treated in Hull and what was their views?

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi ya nettie

i didn't have tx at hull but my dh worked with someone that did and his wife fell pg with twin girls first ivf cycle, he obviously didn't have a bad word to say about them  ;D

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Nettie,
Yes I go to the Hull fertility clinic
Haven't had any treatment yet as such but have had the investigations
Like you I have been refered for IVF- which is a 6 month wait I belive.

How are you finding things?
Pi  XXXX

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi saphy75

Thats the second couple that I know off that have had treatment in Hull and both have had twins!  Now that would be really nice but I wouldn't want to be greedy It would be lovely just to have one.
At the moment I have a puppy which I do treat as my baby people think I'm crackers  ^idiot^ But I'm starting to think they are right!

Hi Pi30

Its nice to know that someone else is going to the same place.  :)

So far I have found them great.  We have had all the tests which are all clear and fine and are just waiting to go back on August 10th. 
Last time we went we saw a lady registrar and she explained the test results to us and requested the hycosy to check my tubes but she did say that because of our ages (me 34 DH 40) they wouldn't put me on drugs and see what happens for 6 months they would go straight to IVF.  I asked about IUI and she said no IVF so I'm kind of hoping that in August they are thinking the same way again.  I'm just keeping my fingars crossed. 

What about you how are you finding them?  Have you finished all the tests?

·
Registered
128 Posts
hiya nettie

i just thought i would post to you and say
i have had treatment at the Hull ivf unit
the nurses and consultants are lovely there

i am currently 18wks preg with one darling
it has taken us a long time to get here 7 years this was my 4th cycle

i wish you lots & lots of luck for any future treatment you have and hope you get a much deserved  ^fairydust^ ^BFP^
luv vee xxxxx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi All

the only problem so far is that each time I go to the clinic, I see someone new.

I find it all quite emotional and its hard to build up trust or feel that you are being listened to when you never see the same doc twice.

Congrate Vee Bee on your pregnancy- there is some light at the end of the tunnel then!!!!

Pi XX

·
Registered
128 Posts
hiya pi
i can understand your concern regarding seeing the same docs
i ended out asking to speak or see one consultant prof killick he is excellent
and very much on your wave length

and when calling the clinic i liked to speak to karen one of the receptionists she never kept you waiting and dealt with your queries

denise one of the nurses is excellent too very understsnding and proffesional
^fairydust^ good luck for aug
luv vee xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks vee bee
I have met Prof Killick once already- your right he was lovely.

Next time I go I'm going to be brave and point out the inconsistancies- and ask to see the same doc.

Due back there in 3 weeks- got a blood test this week.....again.

Any ideas about the IVF waiting time at the mo?

Love Pi XX

·
Registered
165 Posts
hi there Nettie

i'm currently having ivf at hull i'm on my 2ww i found them excellent.  I have seen all the nurses at one point but each of them made us feel special i certainly don't feel i have suffered because i don't see the same one they all call me by name when i walk in the door the only problem i have is parking at the hospital - nightmare lol.

I am also under professor killick he is such a sweetheart and so down to earth i only saw him at my consultation and he did my et.  The nurses Maxine, Dawn, Denise and Audrey did everything else i must admit every scan i had was with someone different but it was always one of those 4 who saw me with my results, I cannot fault them in any way.

fingers crossed i get a bfp next week to add to the successes.  if you want to send me a msg you can its nice to talk to someone else there

love

Sam

xxxx

·
Registered
128 Posts
hiya girls
i am not too sure on the waiting list now pi
it was 3 years ago when i got called up they said to me it would be a 4 year waiting list but i was only waiting about 6 months  :)
i know a few others having treatment at hull and havent had to wait the full waiytng time
i hope its your turn very soon

hiya sam
wishing you lots and lots of luck for next week  ^fairydust^ ^BFP^ i have everything crossed for you

i only really saw denise & maxine at the clinic you get so attached to people
maxine cried when i got a bfp lol bless her

wishing you all lots of luck
luv vee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
165 Posts
thank you vee

hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

love

sam

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi all,
Sorry I didn't reply over the weekend I had a few computer problems anyway back on now.

Sambaz - good luck with your 2ww I will keep my everything crossed for you.  How you coping? I bet these 2 weeks feel like 2 years.

Veebee - Congratulations, I'm so pleased for you, bet your on  ^cloud9^.  Did you have all the 4 goes on the NHS or did you have to go private?  I'm tempted to ring the PCT to see how many attempts you can have just in case I need to start saving more pennies.

Pi - good luck with your blood tests.  I know when you make the appointments you can ask to see Prof Killick but I think most people do that.  I'm not really bothered who I see as long as they are all on the same wave length.  I too had heard that the waiting list is only 6 months which is quite good.  Keep me informed how things go in 3 weeks.

I feel in limbo at the moment, I don't like not knowing I will feel better after the August appointment as then I hopefully will now where I stand.  Its not knowing whether they are going to put me on the drugs for 6 months or the IVF list.  I've only got 6 weeks to wait and I have plenty of cupboards to tidy out a home.  Could be time for a clear out!

·
Registered
165 Posts
thanks nettie its not too bad at the moment only problem is i know a week from now i will know either way and that is scary.

Good luck for your appointment

keep us informed

Sam

·
Registered
128 Posts
hiya nettie

at hull we wre lucky we get 2 goes at IVF/ICSI on the NHS
and i am sure this is still on i would check with the unit next time you go

my first cycle was cancelled due to not responding to the meds
but they agreed as i didnt have EC i would still get 2 goes on the nhs

so i have had my 2 on the nhs hich both ended in a  neg- result
and i had eggs froze from both of these cycles

which i later went on to have FET last year in the april ,which we had to pay for ourselfes
i got a pos+ result but sadly had an earlie m/c

then i had a full cycle this march which we paid for and got a pos+ result

we had to have a year inbetween cycles to save up the money

good luck to all
luv vee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vee Bee - Thanks for the info - will start saving the pennies - just incase.

Pi - Good luck with the blood tests

Sambaz - How you doing - only a few more days than you can test - don't give up hope.  I'm keeping everything crossed for you (excepted my legs its  ^BMS^ time).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi all thanks for your advice.

I am feeling much calmer and rational this week- had my blood test done today- nurse was fab- really friendly.

Got my next appointment with the doctor in 3 weeks. Wishing you all the luck in the world

BTW thanks for the info about 2 IVF attempts - didn't know that

Pi

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Nettie

^roflmao^at  ^BMS^

2ww is driving me  ^idiot^  started brownish spotting on monday with usual period pains so was absolutely gutted thinking it had failed.

AF not arrived as yet, still light spotting  and pains not as bad, usually they get worse so bit more hopeful i remember i had this brown spotting before when i was preg with my daughter but before i knew and was convinced then that  ^witch^ was on her way.

I am tempted to do my test on sunday instead of monday as i will be able to deal with a -ve result better if i'm not working. It will be day 17 on sunday so it should be reliable.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ to all the hull girlies

love

Sam

xx

·
Registered
165 Posts
morning girls

^witch^ is coming today i think, brown spotting turned to red last night and after the -ve yesterday i think i can safely say its over. cried so much last night blaming my stupid body for not working properly and wondering why everything was going ok till i got hold of them.  Bit more rational this morning and realise i did everything i could and there was probably something that went wrong while they were developing but it still hurts.  So much for pineapple lol.

Spotting overnight was brown again  ??? but is a bit of both this morning so am expecting to come on any minute.

oh well hopefully will be able to go again as soon as clinic will let us, i think we will feel better knowing its not the end and we are getting back on the rollercoaster.  Still have to do my official test on mon morning and ring clinic but at least i will have dealt with the emotions by then and wont bawl down the phone.  There is one thing at least i am bang on 2 weeks from et if i come on today.

good luck to you 

love

Sam

XXX

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Morning Sam.

I'm so sorry but don't give up all hope until Monday.  My mum had AF every month while she carried me and I still clung on in there.(but that could explain a lot of things  ^idiot^)

Are you at work today? Sometimes I don't no whether that better or not.  You can keep yourself busy at work so you don't think about it or you can sit at home have a good cry, scream, bang and fling  eat chocolate and veg out on the sofa infront of the TV.

Don't worry about bawling down the phone - they be used to it.

I've been drinking the pineapple was well - I even make DH drink it. Every morning he has a glass to feed his 'boys' and I have a glass for the 'incubator' but when AF puts in an appearance stuff the pineapple she demands chips and chocolate washed down with wine.

Sam I'm sending you loads of  ^hugme^ and ^Cuddle^

Hang in there - keep us informed

Nettie

·
Registered
128 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhhh no sam  :(  :'(
i am so sorry to read about your spotting
but i am holding on until monday for you hun

its so awfull when u get a neg as you always blame your body
and think just what if !!!!!

i am thinking about you and good luck for you official date on monday

luv vee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.