Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I have systemic sclerosis otherwise known as scleroderma.  I have researched my disease and recently discovered that 70% of people with this disease have infertility.  This would certainly explain a lot.  It also says that 71% do obtain a pregnancy which is good news.  However it does say that we should be warned that our babies would have growth problems or congenital abnormalities.  13 years ago my son was born with two holes in his heart and we never knew why this happened but maybe now its coming to light.

Anyway my question is has anybody heard of this disease and knows someone with it who has had tx?  Probably not as it is so rare.

Thanks
NNxx

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi NN

I have probable SSc.

It is such a hard disease to diagnose that it can go undiagnosed for years.

I was always told that it had no relevance to fertility so am really pleased to read your post.

It is possible to obtain pg through tx as I now have a beautiful little boy who so far has been really healthy not even had a cold or a sniffle.

I was on a lot of drugs during tx so if you want any info don't hesitate to contact me.

I'm sooooo pleased to find someone else in my situation because as you have said it is so rare.  (not pleased you have this horrible disease but pleased that I am not alone, hope that makes sense)

Would be lovely to get to know you.

Take care

Love

Shelly_anne xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts