Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there in the Herts/Beds area? I'm new to all this.
I've just heard (after 6 months of waiting) that a consultant at the Luton/Dunstable hospital will see me (with a view to artificial insemination) but the waiting time is over 12 weeks.

Emma

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Emma ~ welcome to FF,

There's a few of us Herts girls on here......we're having a meet up in Welwyn soon and you're more than welcome to join us :)

If you look under 'meeting places' you should find the thread there (i'd do you a link but i don't know how to do it!!)

Lots of luck with your tx.......the waiting's awful, eh!!

Take care, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I just sussed how to do it........thanks Laine ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi emma   I have had three att at iui at luton/dun hosp and have three more trys. So if you have any questions just ask! I know what its like to be waiting not knowing whats going to happen? I live in beds about 1hr from luton hosp my nearest hosp is bedford but they dont do the treatment there.speak to you soon ^wings^sharonxxx

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sharon (and everybody else); thanks for replying. How long did you have to wait between seeing the consultant and starting IUI? How long did you have to wait between tries? Was the consultant (and nurses) friendly and approachable?
Good luck with your next go!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi emma once you have seen your doctor you could start strate away , its all down to the lady who does iui. My first cycle was cancelled because the lady was haveing a op then my seconed because she was on holiday but then i had two goes in a roe! ther is only one women in the hospital that does iui , i asked about this at the hosp and they said they are lucky to have her as she is very good. All the nurses ive seen have been very nice . I have to have injections on the ward as i dont ovulat prop and all the nurses are very nice.I was very upset when my first go was cancelled but it can happen so dont be two upset if it does happen. I should have been haveing done it done this week but she is on holiday so i should go ahead next month. Good luck emma speak to u soon sharonxxxx

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello, I have just found this lead and I am interested in joining as I live in Welwyn Garden City near the QE2.  I'm on my 2ww after IUI on Wednesday.

:) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts