Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am due to start dr on 9th dec.  This is our 2nd  icsi at LW.  We have beautiful 4 year old from our first try, still can't believe how lucky we were, (are) then in February we decided to thaw out our remaining four frosties of which sadly only one survived and was really poor quality, that cycle was negative so my dh and I are pinning all our hopes on this last try as I am 42 and we are self funding again!  Well that's me, if anyone is going through anything similar I'd love to hear about it. X

·
Registered
526 Posts
Only just seen this uniqua, but I'm a fellow Warringtonian  :)

We're still  in the very early stages of testing at LWH after being referred by our GP in Sept.

Good luck with your 2nd ICSI, lovely to hear your first try was so successful, as think we might be heading down the ICSI route!

Keep in touch, would love to hear how you go on!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi There,

Im a fellow Warringtonian, also refered to the Womens - we are going through IVF.

Not sure how things were for you at warrington hosp but i found it really frustration knowing that after all the tests we went through at the hospital when we came to the end of the our time with the hospital they just said -  there is nothing more we can do for you here and literally shut the door in our faces!

Luckily enough for us where we live we are covered by St helens PCT so our doctor was really supportive.

·
Registered
526 Posts
MrsRTodd, to be honest afte hubs inital sperm analysis thorugh our GP, we asked to be referred direct to LWH, as didn't see the point of going to Warrington.

That's lucky you are covered by St Helen's PCT, we are under Warrington so will have to pay for any treatment we'll need, grrr!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Aww Vickster, I know, how frustring is it that i live maybe 10-20 mins away from you somewhere in warrington and yet what different situations we have!!

When i found out that we were covered I had real mixed emotions as we had gone to the womens under the impression that we would have pay but after a post code lottery check we were lucky enough to find out we didnt which was a huge releif for us however i came out feeling really frustated saying to my husband im happy for us but it really bothers me that the person who lives at the end of my road might not qualifiy......its so wrong!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts