Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking to go to jinemed in February. I have asked them the same questions a few times but seem to get answers that are unrelated in reply?! Still, the have been good at replying so I thought I would ask you ladies here.

Has anyone found a clinic in the North West that will scan during stimulation and then hopped over to Istanbul for EC & ET?

Also, how to you organise meds in UK.

They have looked at all my tests/scan etc and told me to book flights and get back to them with details. but didn't say when to fly. I'd be hoping to go over no earlier than cycle day 9. Anyone managed this?

Many Many thanks in advance

Premium Member
zedbee, really sorry i missed this - only just seen your post and realised no-one has replied.聽 Have you managed to find an answer to this yet?

Registered
Hello Zedbee,聽 I can't help you with a clinic in the North West as I live down South and was able to use the Birth Company in London.聽 However, you could try ringing your local private hospital to see what they say or enlist the help of your GP.

As far as medication is concerned.聽 We used the Fazeley Pharmacy.聽 The Jinemed should give you all the details i.e. address and phone number and will send you a prescription by email.聽 You can then ring the pharmacy who will tell you exactly how much you need to pay.聽 They are really helpful and they will send you the drugs by special delivery to your home or wherever is most convenient for you.聽 Just make sure to mention if you need extra needles, sharps bin etc.聽 They were also by far the cheapest after I shopped around.

I booked my flights two weeks beforehand.聽 I actually flew out on cycle day 14, which meant I had my trigger shot the night before we flew out and had EC the following day.聽 This for me was touch and go as they thought I may need to go sooner and this would have meant changing my flights at a considerable cost.聽 If you email the clinic they should tell you when they would expect you to fly depending on your drug regime etc.聽

I hope this is of some help to you.聽 :) :)聽 Wishing you all the luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^.聽 My DH and I hope to return in about May time for our second attempt.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for your replies.

Really helpful to hear others have gone out there late. They have advised going out day 13, this sounded very late to me so reassuring to hear you went cd 14. Sorry that it didn't work for you this cycle, hopefully May is the one for you. Was the experience generally ok though with Jinemed? Can I also ask how many scans you needed to have before you went out there? Getting the meds sounds easier than I'd thought, which is great.

I asked my local private place, care bolton but they said over 拢200 per scan. I know the birth company is much cheaper, and i'm sure there must be others near by cheaper. I'l have a look at the links you have posted, thanks for those! The bolton one would be perfect as I work at Bolton hospital, I may even try dropping in on the gyny dept and seeing if they would help, worth a try I suppose! I think it would be daft for me to go out to Turkey, if it works out the same or more expensive once i've factored everything in. I need an accountant!!

Thanks again Ladies.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and many many congrats Dominique on the healthy baby boy your cooking! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy, I hopre youre enjoying it! xx

Registered
Hello Zedbee, Glad to have been of some help.聽 Everyone on here is really helpful and really helped me my first time round.聽 I ended up needing 4 scans which cost 拢180 a time and an oestrodial level as well on each visit. After my scans, they immediately emailed the Jinemed and by the time I got back home they gave me advice by email on my dosage. Depending on how you respond you may only need 3 scans.聽 Do you know what drug regime they are putting you on?聽 I was on Menopur and Cetrotide.

You say you work at Bolton Hospital.聽 I too worked for the NHS for 15 years, but sadly was not entitled to treatment as my DH already has children.聽 I think we worked it out that if we had the treatment done by our local consultant it would have been around 拢6,000-拢7,000 compared to 拢4,800 that it cost us in total to go to Turkey.聽

I could not have faulted the treatment we received at the Jinemed which is why we hope to go back in May when I have saved enough money!!聽 Are you in contact with Romina?聽 Just shout if you need any more info and I will do my best to help you. ^hugme^ ^hugme^聽 聽

Registered
Hi Zedbee 75.聽 Thanks for your congratulations.聽 So far, so good but daren't take it for granted yet!
The one in Bolton charged me 拢120 for the 1st scan and then 拢60 for a repeat one.聽 I only needed one scan but that will differ according to what treatment you're having and preferences of the clinic you're going to.
Working out the total cost is a bit of a headache you're right but necessary as costs can vary so much.聽 And all added up, it makes a big difference!
Good luck.
D.

Registered
Hi,
Just to ask does anyone know where to have scans near Liverpool?, Saves me travelling to manchester thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI

I would have replied on here alot sooner but ive been in bed all week with flu! only just starting to feel human again, been completely floored by it, never experienced anything like it!
Anyway I'm alive (just!) and thanks for your replies.聽 Buskin, good to hear your high regard of jinemed. I haven't been in contact with Romina, though ive seen her referred to a few times on here. The only contact I have had has been by email with Ugur, and its been pretty good, especially considering that they have no guarantees that youre actually going to turn up there at this stage! Did you do everything by email?

They have recommended gonal F & cetrotide, I did have a consultation at care too, who recommended menopur & cetrotide. I'm not sure im clear on the difference, ive read that menopur results in more pregnancies. Are they changing your protocol next time round?

chances - how are you getting on? have a look at some of the links people have put on this thread, there are locations in various places, sure to be lots in liverpool. hope you got your boiler fixed!

Im wondering if i should wait till march now as my temp has been over 38oC all week & may need a bit more time to get healthy again first. Decisions, decisions.

Well, thats me needing more bed rest now for a couple of hours at least聽 ::)

xxx

Registered
Hi Zedbee, so sorry to hear you have been unwell.聽 I had the flu bug all the way through my treatment, but this just made me determined to carry on as everything had been planned and the flights were booked etc.聽 I initially only had contact with Ugur by email and then Romina took over as soon as we arrived in Istanbul.聽 If you really don't feel up to it, like you say perhaps you should put treatment back a month.聽 There should be no pressure and you should do what is best for you.聽

When we go for a second attempt they have informed me that I will be using the same protocol i.e. Menopur and Cetrotide as I responded to this so well last time.聽 They did tell me my egg reserve was running low so the sooner I can raise the money again the better - time is of the essence!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon. ^hugme^

xx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for letting me know, just deleted some, dunno if yours will come through now.
Hope you're ok & start stimming soon x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts