Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm sorry if this is a silly post but I'm at the start of my 2ww and paranoid about everything!

Had ET on Sunday and my progesterone levels on the day were ok so told to just stay on the 2 pessaries of cyclogest and get retested today. I was given a standby prescription for gestone just in case, which I've now stupidly 'cashed-in' as didn't want to get stranded out in the snow today trying to find a chemist after the result came through ( I live in the sticks). However, the clinic has just rung me back to say that my progesterone levels are still ok and that I can just stay on the cyclogest until OTD.

I know I should be pleased not to have to do the dreaded gestone injections but I'm worried that everyone else on here seems to have got them as standard and that my levels may drop. I almost want to have the stupid drugs as a sort of insurance policy  ^idiot^ (they're staring at me in the kitchen saying inject ,inject!). My last IVF attempt (not at ARGC) was negative and I bled before OTD so it would seem low progesterone might have been a problem then. I know ARGC know what they are doing, I know I should just trust them, but I would just like the reassurance that not all people on here have had the gestone.

Thanks for letting me ramble on & lots of luck with your treatment

Sue

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi Sue - I've always been on the gestone as my progesterone level on both collection and transfer day has always been dodgy. But if I were you, I would call the clinic tomorrow and explain that you have bleed before OTD whilst on pessaries before and for peace of mind would they mind checking your progesterone level again for you. It's no skin off their nose if you want another test and will give you the reassurance you need. Or if it's a long way to travel, just tell your GP you have been asked to get it tested - although the results may take a little longer  ::)

Spin x

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi there
Congrats on being PUPO
On my first cycle I was only on 2 cyclogest per day. I did get a bfp (though didn't last). Try not to worry, they know what they are doing. If you are really stressing about it, you could ask them to check your prog again in a few days to check it.
Fingers crossed for good news on test day ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^hugme^
Krispi
Xxx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Sue

Grons who I cycled with was only on cyclogest - she has just had a little girl.

^reiki^  ^reiki^  for the rest of your 2ww

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies girls xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.