Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi, Deej

Just wanted to say I think the waiting time for eggs at CARE, Nottingham is about 12-18 months at the moment because they are doing lots of egg sharing.

Worth finding out about as you are local to them. Tel: 0115 967 1670.

Love
Kate

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi girls

Janny - I'm hoping there's no news from you yet cos you've been too busy celebrating - keeping fingers crossed  ^reiki^
Squeak - hang on in there hun, only a few days to go now.
Kathy - how did the scan go? Really hope the little one has grown.
Debs - good luck for tomorrow, wishing for lots of lovely eggies for you.
Kate - welcome and hope your lining's gone nice and quiet and that your donors has too! I've read some of your other postings on the immune boards (so complicated  ::) ) and the surrogacy threads too - we've been advised to think about surrogacy and are trying to get to know some of the other surrogacy sites at the moment. Obviously, I hope you won't need to go down that route but maybe we'll meet up at one of their do's  :)
Ange - hope you're enjoying the skiing, and all that exercise and fresh air.
Caron - how's the jabbing going? When is your first scan? When you said about people meeting up in Manchester did you mean the HFEA consultation thing?
Hi to everyone else  :)

Love Jaq

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Sorrry I've not posted in a while I have been feeling sick and very tired which I am very pleased about.

Well we had our scan yesterday and it showed two sacs and two definite heart beats one was now only slightly smaller than the other and they confirmed that I'm having twins. I am in shock and absolutely over the moon and very scared. 
There is a 20% risk of M/c one upto 12 weeks and after that it goes down to 5%.

Good old Dr O at IM he certainly came up with the goods.

Kate : this was going to be our last try also so welcome and it can work.

Squeak : thanks for organising the meet-up.  Would you like me to go to the white heart and book a nice table in a corner for us.  Please let me know and how many for.  I'm thinking of you testing soon.

Good luck and love to you all
Kathy

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi everyone, just a quickie from me to say great news to Kathy (I have sent you an IM)

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ALSO - JANNY BEAR IS TESTING TODAY ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Loads of luck coming your way Jan, call me if you want to chat hun xx xx

·
Registered
957 Posts
Congrats Kathy - you have given me hope!!! Did you have 2 or 3 embryos put back? I am going to push for 3 as it's my last go but my centre are v strict about 2 only if donor eggs.

Jaq- DR scan this Thurs and donors is next week...hopefully on the way towards my own set of twins in a couple of weeks :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D Fingers crossed though.

I am deferring the surrogacy thing for the mo as we are totally preoccupied with this cycle and all the immune stuff. Complicated is definitely the right word!!! But that's where we will be going if this fails. It's good to have a plan for afterwards, isn't it.#

It's good to be on this thread now. I feel supoprted in the cycle, which is great. The last few months of ttc naturally with all the immune treatment has been horribly weird. It's almost a relief to be getting back into the routine of IVF again instead!! Never thought I would be saying that!

Well off home now. Going to watch the TV programme tonight - which will be all hearts and roses I am sure, lots of success after 'giving up', buying a dog, adopting, giving up work....etcetc etc etc All the same old, same old. Can't quite force myself not to watch though anyway. Ho hum

Love
Kate

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
;D ;DKathy - That's great news - you must be so  ^clapping^ ^cloud9^.

As for me - good news -we got 9 eggs!!! ;D

Will know more tom. p.m. but am soo relieved..one more hurdle over!

xx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Janny Bear : GOOD LUCK TODAY keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Rsmum : Great news on 9 eggs can't wait to find out how many embies...

Kate : I had 3 embroys put back both times I had Donor cycles.  The first time was because there were 3 average/good embies and they don't freeze single embies and didn't want to waste it.  The second time they wanted only to put back 2 perfect ones but since it had failed before I again pushed for 3 and he put in 2 perfect and one average.  We had two left to freeze.

I would recommend you ask why the donor is having IVF is it a sperm problem or unexplained infertility - whats her history?  Also it may depend on how many embies and their grades as to how many they put back.  I personnaly pushed for 3 as I thought I would rather live with the consequenses of triplets than to have another failed cycle as I didn't kow how much longer I could go on if at all.  Tell them it's your last go if that's how you feel.
Also my Dr told me that the third one of lesser quality can ofen help the others implant. 

Try to get as much info out of them as possible - good luck.

Kind regards
Kathy

·
Registered
957 Posts
RSMUM: Great news on the eggs!!

Kathy: My donor is having IVF for male factor so hopefully that should be good news. I think she may be close to the age limit though (35-36), not sure. I definitely want them to put 3 back and will be going for this big-time with my consultant. They know it's my last go, what with all the immune probs as well, so hopefully they will be receptive to my pleas. My chances will def. be enhanced by a third embryo.

Watched the TV programme last night and felt quite depressed by it. I had forgotten how greatly the numbers drop over a cycle (it's been 4 years since my last IVF cycle) ie. 16 follicles, 8 eggs, 4 embryos....etc I am now worried about whether I will actually get even 2 embryos from this egg share cycle. If we only get 6-8 eggs in the first place....

Nothing I can do about it either. This is my donor's first treatment cycle too, so she may not respond well to treatment at all. You just don't know. And if she gets too few eggs I would expect she'll decide to keep them for herself...and I am not sure where that leaves me as I am having another foul immune infusion this Friday in preparation for the donor-dh embryos in the next few weeks.

The thought of being cancelled in this cycle is quite depressing....hopefully it will all go ok, but that TV programme brought it all back about the uncertainty of it all. Never mind the worry about whether it will succeed once ET has taken place!!

I will try to keep chipper about it though. TRa la la.

Generally I thought the programme was disappointing and unrepresentative. Both women succeeded after 2 cycles. I think the next 2 progs. will get more serious in terms of the couples they follow so maybe it will give some insights to people out there aout what we go through when it doesn't work out so quickly. I thought the expert comments were good though.

That's all anyway. Prattle and whinge overwith for now!! ::)

Love
kate

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Quick one from me - 6 fertilized so keeping everything crossed..

;D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi everyone
Great news Debs - is your transfer tomorrow? Hope they all divide away fantastically! Good luck  ^reiki^
Kathy - so glad to hear both your little ones are doing well. When will you next have a scan? Hope you're enjoying the sickness and tiredness  ;D
Kate - how did you get so much info on your donor? Despite asking very nicely  ;D we found it so difficult to get any fertility info about the donors they offered us, even though the consultant had said we should ask for a proven donor after we got no fertilisation on our first DE cycle  ::) And sorry to pass on bad news but in the UK the HFEA rules do not allow transfer of more than 2 embies from donated eggs under any circumstances - I've double checked (and pleaded!) with both clinic and HFEA. I appreciate your worries about not getting to transfer - you tend to think once you've decided to go with DE that your chances are so much better, but there are even more hurdles to cross when you are dependent on someone else's response to the drugs, the likelihood of only getting 4-8 eggs, etc. However, the preg rates with DE are good, so that's the bit to focus on  :) Good luck for your scan tomorrow, and hope your infusion is not too yukky.
I too watched the TV prog last night - I agree with you Kate, but it did emphasise that it is not an easy route to parenthood, and it looks like next weeks might be on surrogacy, which I hope will put across the point that a sizeable proportion of couples cannot give birth, even with the wonders of modern medicine. When people find out I don't have any children (yet!!!) they always ask, well why haven't you tried IVF  :mad: Anyway, I'm rambling now  :p
Janny - where are you? We're all thinking about you  ^reiki^
Squeak - GOOD LUCK for tomorrow  ^reiki^
Hi to Jennifer (how are things hun?  ^hugme^ ), Caron, Ange and everyone else.
Love Jaq

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi

I don't really know much about her- they probably shouldn't have told me about her reasons for IVF so forget I mentioned it. Whoops. I am a bit confused about the 2 embryo thing though as Kathy says she has 3 put back both donor cycles.....maybe it depends how much they know about your chances of success. My chances are next to zero with all the immune stuff and my miscarriages so maybe they will relent and let me have 3- I will let you all know.

Good luck everyone out there. ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Kate

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Kate, Kathy went to Spain for treatment, the rules are different there which is why she was allowed 3.  Here its 2 only unfortunately.  There is a poll about it in The Voting Room.

Jennifer xx

·
Registered
476 Posts
hi girls

DEB -- fab news  ;D 6 embies , are you going to ask about blasts or go with 3 day transfer ? and have you found out time of et yet, it all seems to have gone quickley now after your weeks of d/r  ;D
how are we going to arrange getting to manchester for the hfea next week , shall we go together I could pick you up on the way past. let me know what you decide.

Kathy - 2 babies isnt that just the best news you've ever heard ?? ;D you look after yourself and your precious bundles.

Jaq- why dont you try and come to the meeting in manchester then we get to meet you  ;D, its the welfare of the child meeting from about 1pm till 5pm on 22nd march !!

Kate - I'm like you ,gonna beg !!!! plead !!!! to try and have 3 embys put back this time, but as i'm at same clinic as jaq dont hold out much hope, but i will ask about blastocyst transfer if we get enough to start with, clinics seem to want to tell us less and less these days god knows what they think we will do with the info  :p :p anyway good luck .

Janny - hope your test today was positive still got everything crossed for you  ;D

Squeak - same goes for you tommorrow xxx

Jennifer - hope things are getting easier for you , cant imagine how you must be feeling and coping with it all.

Ange- hope your having a fantastic time , keeping fit eating well and having lots of fun  ;D will have to have a good old chat when your home.

hi to deej, struthie, joy hope your all well

Tracey - wont be too long till your 1st holiday now will it ? hope alls well with you.

as for me still jabbing away every day, 1st scan on 25th  day early as its easter, no side affects or havent noticed any as i've been flued up and dosing myself with paracetamol, roll on the next stage  ;D

bye for now
love caron xxxxx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kathy C - I am so excited for you, how wonderful  :-* :-*

I hope Dr O has some baby dust for us too!!! ;)

Debs - fingers crossed and baby dust for your embies
^fairydust^

Jennifer - how's it going sweetie?????

apparently the Spanish let us know the donor's profession or study subject if it's a student.  At IM they claim to only use proven donors/women with children hence high success rate...did they confirm that to you Kathy??

My mum arrives from the Uk tonite and I'll be telling her all about the DE thing, I don't think it makes a difference to her, she just wants us to be happy and have the family we have wished for.

trying to get my wieght down a bit now,as I had a lot of problems with the anti-depressives causing water retention.  Still with 4 doggies to walk never a problem!!

love to you all

Jools ^excercise3^

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Hi all! Just wanted to wish you all the best, Squeak for today...thinking of you.

Yes, got the call - ET Friday very,very early! Expecting to hear from them today as to how they're going.Am excited,nervous etc..am worried as it's been so long since my last scan so hoping my lining's still good.We're just going to go with what the clinic say as, as yet we don't really know yet how good the qualtiy is.

Caron - it would be BRILL if you could pick me up - I will be a wreck that day thinking of implantation - so if you don't mind driving? Did you get their map?Happy Jabbing!

well, must go and wake DD - trying to avoid a repeat of yesterday -she was an absolute witch and refused to go into school - the teacher had to carry her screaming into the classroom! NIce stress--free start to my day eh?!

Take care all :)

xxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hello all

Just a brief note from me to post sad news i'm afraid. 

I spoke to Jan this morning and sadly she got a BFN.  :'(  She can't get near a PC to post at the moment and has had a couple of days off work.  Her GP is likely to send her for a scan today as AF has not arrived.  ^eyes^

Jennifer xx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I've been posting on the London girls thread - apologies for not updating here too.

My donor produced 11 eggs on Wednesday, and got a call today to say that 10 had fertilised. ET planned for tomorrow, so we will see how many are left then.

Not decided how many to put back yet - but know it will be more that allowed in the UK!

Shame I'm missing that IVF TV programme - would have liked to have seen it. Back home on Saturday.

Jan - sorry to hear the news, we are all here for you.

Joy

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.