Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,

Caron - our celebrity on the telly and crusader of the cause - well done caught you on the 6'oclock news with Dame - my mum saw yer too!.

Caron of course you can meet-up with us on the 30th.
Kathy booked us a table for 8, with you I think that brings the total to 7.
1.Ange
2. Kathy
3. Squeak
4. Struthie (Ruth),
5. Janny
6. Joy
7. Caron

If I've forgotten anyone - please advise. Think we still have room for another - can always increase the table size if others want to join in.

Kathy - what name was the table booked under?

We meet 12.30 onwards in the bar, casuals are fine.
White Hart (Toby) Hotel, Aylesbury End, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire,
HP9 1LW. (01494) 671211
http://www.multimap.com search on HP9 1LW close to Junction 2 A40/M40

Ange - I read the wrong column on my EDD chart I'm due 25th November (thank God and not December).

I've been very sick and totally exhausted this weekend, laid up in bed or on the sofa all of Saturday- the morning sickness and other symptoms are very bad this time.

Hi to everyone else!

Squeak

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls! ;)

Caron - I missed you on TV the other night - what was the interview on? Great news that you're coming to the meet-up - hope you'll be wearing your new mascara!! ;D Are you staying at mine on the Friday night and we can travel up together? Have you heard anymore about when EC will be? Did you like your breakfast mosh?

Debs - hope you're ok - wish I could come for a drink with you and Caron - make sure you have a few G&Ts for me! ^drink^

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage :'( - I know, as well as many others on here, how devastating that can be - have you decided what you're going to do next?

Jaq - it's good that you've got a bit more information about surrogacy - are there lots of agencies? When are you doing your next cycle? Are you on the waiting list?

Squeak - so how are we going to recognise each other at our meet-up - any ideas?! ;D

Had a lovely weekend - I organised a reunion with the people I used to work with and that was fun and on Saturday we went up to Sheffield to a surprise 40th birthday party - so lots of drinking was done - don't think I'll have lost any weight this week! ^scales^

Hope everyone else is ok

Ange x ^shake^

Ladies having treatment

Caron - EC week beginning 4 April
Dr Kate - scan 13 April

Ladies on 2 ww

Ladies awaiting treatment

Ange FET in April/May
AngieL waiting to start tx
Annabel inbetweenie
BigJ waiting to start tx in Spain
Deej on donor waiting list - 1st appt April
Dizzy waiting to start tx
Dollyz on donor waiting list
Janny Bear inbetweenie
Jaq pursuing surrogacy option
Jennifer31 inbetweenie
Joe33 inbetweenie
Niece inbetweenie
RSMUM inbetweenie
Tracey pursuing adoption route
Welshy pursuing adoption route

Our mums to be

Kathy mum-to-be - due October 2005
Lilypie mum-to-be - due ….. 2005
Longbaygirl mum-to-be - due …. 2005
Mandy mum-to-be - due August 2005
Natalie mum-to-be - due 9 August 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due 25 Nov 2005

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Ange,

Can you update me on the list? My EDD is 7 December.

Thanks

Joy

·
Registered
476 Posts
hiya girls

hope your all well  :)

got my next scan on friday morning, hope we'll find out then when our donor has her ec, Oh then it'll be Dames favourite bit  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ange - the smush wasnt a success, had to put in nearly all the jar of hunny our fruit must have been sour, also I need my porridge cooked  ;D we had a bacon buttie instead  ::) but definatly gonna make it for the boss to try sure he'll love it .
staying at yours on the friday would be great, was having a stress on when i read squeaks directions, will give you a call closer the time, and yes will be wearing my new mascara  ;D, glad you had a good weekend .

must e.mail deb to arrange our nite out tommorrow  ;D

love and luck to you all caron xx

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hiya ladies, great to see so many mums to be on the board and for those of you about to be GOOD LUCK. We are planning a move back to Wales, KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY A 3 BED HOUSE IN MARKET DEEPING NEAR PETERBOROUGH?????
wE WILL BE USING FROSTIE 5+6 BEFORE THE SUMMER BUT WILL KEEP IT A SECTRET i'M AFRAID. yOU ALL SEEM WELL AND i DO KEEP UP TO DATE.
lOVE
wELSHYxxxx

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi girls
Caron and Deb - hope you had a good time and you're not feeling too rough today! Good luck for your scan tomorrow Caron, and hope your donor's doing well too  :)
Dr Kate - are you on your HRT now? Hope all is going according to plan.
Jan - you sound excited to be going back to Wales. Sorry but don't know anyone looking for a house near Peterborough - if it were in New Zealand perhaps!!! Anyway, best of luck with your frosties  ^reiki^
Ange - you sound busy as usual. We're going to a friends 50th in a couple of weeks but can't think what to get him - any ideas anyone?? Back to me - I am on the DE waiting list (supposedly quite near the top now, but just have to wait until they call  ::) ). There are 2 surrogacy "groups" in the UK, plus independant surrogates, but advertising is illegal. The groups pass information about intended parents on to surrogates, and you can "talk" on websites and meet socially at get-togethers, but there is no waiting list as such and you just have to hope a surrogate will get in touch with you and offer to help.
Hi to everyone else.
Love Jaq

·
Registered
476 Posts
struthie if it was "TEST TUBE BABIES " programme yes !!!we filmed it last year with our 1st donor thats what got me hooked with the publicity thing i,m no good at waiting lists  ;D ;D

keep your fingers and toes crossed for me tommorrow that we get good news at scan sooooooo hope they will be able to tell me some news about donors ec ,scarey !!! here we go again !!

didnt feel too bad this morning jaq  ;D god i was so full of food and wine , and we never stopped gabbing all nite shes a right dark horse our Deb  ;D ;D been all over the world  :) keep trying to persuade her to put pen to paper and write that book , go on you lot tell her !!!!

going to get my bath now as have to be up early in morning to get to clinic, then meeting a girl off the site whos egg sharing at our clinic (not my donor  :)) god shes only 24 i'm old enough to be her mum and shes already been thru the mill had 2 ectopics like me so got no tubes ivf is there only hope too.

bye for now
love caron

pps anyone asked tracey if she could join the southern meet , would be great to meet her too , IF YOUR WATCHING TRACE !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hi

I am starting another donor egg cycle in June in Spain. I have just had an m/c at 8 weeks- heartened however by my first positive pregnancy test with my first donor egg after two years and much heartache with own eggs.
Am I too early to join this group?
As I've posted elsewhere, I am keen to find out more about success factors with donor eggs and whether I can influence anything. I am 44. My mother gave birth to me , her first and only child when she was 46, and if it wasnt for this I wouldn't have thought myself in with a chance.

Anyone else at IVI Spain?

Love

Roze.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Yes Caron thats the one!
Good luck today,hope its good news for you.

Good luck Roze,I'm sure the other girls will welcome you to this board too,I'm here under false pretences and they don't seem to mind!

xxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
hiya girls

Roze its never too early to join this thread , there are girls on our list at totallt differnt stages some moved on to next step but we're old friends and new ones are always welcome, sorry about your news , i feel its worse with donor eggs because we put so much more faith in it , but nature can be cruel as most on here will know.

had my scan yesterday linning thick but needed to up my hrt by one tablet wont know anything till care call , dont know when either but they cant see ec till later in week , donor was going for her scan today so lets hope alls well :)

dames brother turned up last night from london and is staying till monday so it'll be lots of food , drinking and late nights chatting, took him hours to drive down and we hadnt told him yet we will be coming to his at the end of the month.

bye for now love caron xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well done on the lining Caron - let's hope your donor's body's behaving as it should do!  :)

Hi Roze - welcome to the thread! There are few success stories on here from Spain so you're in good company!

Ange x

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi girls,

where and when is the southern meet? i have gone boggle eyed looking up my family tree today (cant read anymore  ^eyes^), been logged on all day..wont be able to sleep now im completely buzzing ... i have found one of my ancestors (however many removed cousins living near brighton) dating back to my family in the 1600's .. very exciting! (this is what i do now to fill in my time  ;D)

would be good to meet up (however my navigational skills are very lacking  :eek:)

well done with your lining caron - not long now, fingers crossed!
nite nite

tracey xxx

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi all

Been off the thread for ages so now dizzy with reading it all!

I have my day 9 scan on wednesday. HRT going ok, and have been doing ok with rest of my drugs for the immune side. Started back on the steroids yesterday (yuck).

So fingers crossed for donor success! She has a scan tomorrow so  maybe more news then.

Good luck and happiness to everyone else!
Love
Kate
xx

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi everyone

Well done Caron on your lining - hope your donor is doing well and you don't have much longer to wait  ^reiki^ Oh and that you had a great weekend with Dame's brother!
Kate - good to hear from you. Good luck for Wednesday  :)
Hi Tracey - have you discovered anything exciting in your family tree? (apart from getting back to the 1600s - well done! Our house dates from then and I often wonder who lived here and whether it was like Wuthering Heights in the past - we certainly have the wind, rain and bleakness at times!)
Hi to Deb, Ange, Roze, Struthie and everyone else  :)

Love Jaq

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi!

yes jaq our great grandfather so many removed was the rector of challacombe church in devon in the 1600's. he is on my grandads side, i was not surprised as my grandad was the dearest sweetest man so now i know where his genes came from!

^milestone^ the adoption people called today - they are coming around for the first visit on 27th april - yippee!

love tracey xx

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Just a little hello from me. I'm losing track of everyone on here. Wish I could come to the meet with Caron!So will you and Kate have ET around the same time then? All the best for you both - it's time we got some more postives on this thread!

Kate - are you having trouble with the steroids? I was ok with mine and the HRT made me loopy in a buzzy, energized way so I wasn't complaining ;D

Trace - I've sent you an IM - it's brill that you've done so much research and gone so far back.OOHHHH ! Just read your post - EXCELLENT news - will be thinking of you on the 27th. ;D ;D

Roze - welcome to the thread - and all the best with your tx - I'm thinking of going to Spain myself..haven't decided which clinic to go with yet..

Jan - Wherabouts in Wales are you going to? Anywhere near me and Caron?

Jaq - had forgotten you were still on the DE list - kind of got side tracked with the surrogacy stuff - hope you get the phone call soon..did they gvie you any idea how far up you weer?

Ange - I am soo impressed by your dieting - you are doing a FAB job - it's inspiring.I've put on another half a stone in the past few months and was horrifed that my BMI says I'm obese! Meanwhile DH is losing weight, drinking less and generally being well behaved. My excuse is I'm still grieving after the BFN -  2 weeks of waiting followed by 2 weeks of indulgance - fair enough I say! ::) ;D

As for me, STILL proctrastinating over Spain etc. but I DID finally ring CARE today and was horrified when I realised how much another DE go would cost us. They reckon the wait is now 5/6 months but the prices have gone up since my last go...hmmmm..v.depressing..on a postive note, I braved taking DD back to school this morning and facing all the preggie women ( 3 of them ) and mums who don't really have a clue, are supportive but don't
" get it" ::) if you know what I mean...so I'm pleased that I've got over THAT one..sigh!

Well, all the best to you all - especially Caron and Kate - and apologies to all those I've forgotten to mention.

Take care all of you,

Rsmum xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hiya all,
just a quickie.
Had a scan have one bub - on course but making me so very tired and sick that I've recently begun to vomit. I have frequent belts of feeling rough all day.

Lovely to hear from Welshy.

Ange - I'm short, blonde and have a big belly - what do you look like? Oh yes - slender and ....

Rose - your story and age is almost indentical to mine. Your not alone. I had a MC too but have just fallen again. You are right the experience has moved you forward.

Caron - well done. Fingers crossed.

Tracy course you can join in. We will send directions nearer the date.
Here's the list who will need directions?

1.Ange
2. Kathy
3. Squeak
4. Struthie (Ruth),
5. Janny
6. Joy
7. Caron
8. Tracey

We meet 12.30 onwards in the bar, casuals are fine.
White Hart (Toby) Hotel, Aylesbury End, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire,
HP9 1LW. (01494) 671211
http://www.multimap.com search on HP9 1LW close to Junction 2 A40/M40

Squeak,

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls!

Caron - I finish work by 5pm so you can come round whenever you want after that and we can all go up to the pub for a thai meal on the Friday night! Looking forward to it! What's happening with your ET? Any more news? :)

Welshy - good to hear from you - we might by doing our final frosties as the same time then - I'm doing mine at the end of June.

Tracey - hope you can come to the meet - it's in Beaconsfield on the 30th April. You can drive to me if you want in Cobham, Surrey and I can give both you and Caron a lift. Great news that you've got your appointment for your first visit - very exciting! Which website are you looking at to see your ancestors?

Kate - you must be really excited now - you're nearly there! You and Caron are going to be on your 2ww together!

Jaq - I should be quite near the top of my waiting list now - I think I'll give them a call this week - got to get myself prepared for my frosties not working. Get your mate a nice bottle of champagne or malt whisky for his 50th - that'll go down well!

Debs - I might end up looking at the Spain option - had a chat with DH yesterday about it and I didn't think he wanted to go abroad but he said he just meant the states - so we'll see. There's no way you're obese - you're dead skinny! Well done for getting through your first day back at school - not easy.

Squeak - congratulations on your scan - let's hope you're not still feeling sick when we meet up otherwise you'll not be eating lunch! By the way, there's no way I'm slender!!! Still a size 16/18! Can't wait for the meet up!!

Had a busy weekend - it just whizzed by. Finally got the house into some kind of order and had some friends and their kids over for Sunday lunch yesterday. Trying to decide what to do for my 40th - fancy a do but can't make my mind up - it's in June so I'd better make my mind up fast! Phoned the Lister last week to make sure they'd still got my frosties! I'm going to have to pay for an extra year's storage because my year runs out in May. Can't believe I've been posting on FF for a year now! It's been a great support network and I don't know how I'd have coped without you all!

Hi to everyone I've not mentioned

Ange x

Ladies having treatment

Caron - EC week beginning 11 April
Dr Kate - day 9 scan 12 April

Ladies on 2 ww

Ladies awaiting treatment

Ange FET in June
AngieL waiting to start tx
Annabel inbetweenie
BigJ waiting to start tx in Spain
Deej on donor waiting list - 1st appt April