Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls...good luck x x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tracey

You're right - it seems everybody has a different protocol. Because I'm doing a frozen transfer my lining has to be thin before they start me on the hrt tablets - these make the lining thicken ready for implantation. Don't really know what your lining should be like - I remember my step-sis (my donor) started her gonal-f injections after her first scan showed a thin lining.

Don't let them hurry you along if you have questions - you're paying for this and you should feel comfortable that you understand the whole process.

Love Ange x

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi ange,

thanks for your reply - dont know if she just phrased it wrongly to me but i get the impression the donor is going to go ahead without me...i feel like a moaner and i keep going on but we have saved hard and been given money from family to do this and i want the best outcome. lady said that we may have to have frozen eggs instead. wouldnt mind this if some where left over but i want the best chance and i feel like i am being put second. then i feel like if i say things like this here everyone will think i am a moaning minnie! well i suppose i am!

love t x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tracey

Don't worry that you're moaning - you're not. I would call them and ask them to explain exactly what's going on. You need to be comfortable that you understand the process - you shouldn't be caused any undue stress.

Don't worry if you do have to have frozen ones though - Debs (RSMUM) has got frozen ones from her donor as the donor was ready before her.

Please call and stop worrying that you're moaning! This whole process is very stressful anyway and you need to have all the information to keep you sane!!

Love Ange x

·
Registered
154 Posts
ange,

thanks for listening hun, and reassurance that you dont mind the moans too much ... i do worry - it has made me feel alot better ;D. (i will phone care on monday.)

love t x

·
Registered
86 Posts
hi girls
tracey-sorry i miss understood wot u wrote.your lining should be thin at the beginning of tx but i was talking about it needs to be over 6mm for et.
hope the rest of you are doing ok.

·
Registered
476 Posts
hello girls

Ange- was lovely to hear from you , mrs assertive !!!!

Tracey - hey like Ange said dont you worry about moaning thats your not and thats what we are all here for, you do right calling care to find out exactly whats happening,if you dont have any joy with the nurses, ask to talk to julie or caroline,also the new one called tracie I,m always calling them !! must admit I'm finding this cycle very confusing myself , so your not alone, ask Deb about linning issues as I know she had problems with hers and has had a few dummy runs as well so she may be able to help.

Deb - hope your ok not seen a post from you for a few days, hows the names coming on ? I've even started going to bed with the ryming dictionary, but to no avail.

Joe - what diet you starting ?? try slimming world you get to eat loads ;D ;D heard anything from care yet ??did you call our care in manchester as well in case the list is shorter.

Squeak- bet your both smileing happy bunnys this weekend enjoy ;D ;D

well put the phone down from you tonite Ange and went to loo and af had arrived, my tablets were a waste of time !! was due naturally around 5.30 today and thats when it arrived only 3 days after the tabs :pso left a message with care as instructed, will wait and see what to do next.

hope your all well
love caron xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Girls

Just spent ages typing up a mail and lost the whole thing!!!! It's been a gorgeous day today - been to the gardens at RHS Wisley with a friend - great place - and now we're off out for a few drinks and a thai meal - really in the mood for a drink tonight!

Caron - good that AF started - you're so regular - even with tablets to control it!

Joe - Caron's right - Slimming World is a great diet - always works for me when I can get my head around actually sticking to it!

Tracey - hope you're feeling more positive today. Do you know when your next scan is?

Welshy - thinking of you - did you test again?

Squeak - bet you're having a fantastic weekend! Are you due in April?

Alison - hope you're feeling ok and not been too sick!

Debs - hope you're ok

Hi to everyone else

Love Ange x

Ladies having treatment
Ange d/r since 24 July, 1st scan 2 August, 2nd scan 10 August
Caron d/r since 27 July, 1st scan 6 August
Deb (RSMUM) d/r since 25 July, 1st scan 14 August
Tracey (new) d/r since 15 July 1st scan 5 August

2 week wait
Welshy ET 19 July - testing 2 August

Ladies awaiting treatment
Janny Bear waiting for donor
Jaq inbetweenie
Joe33 waiting for tx - new clinic
Sas Jane on waiting list
Sonja waiting for tx

Our mums to be
Alli mum-to-be - due Jan 2005
Lorraine mum-to-be - due Feb 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due April 2005

·
Registered
476 Posts
evening girls !!

god its quiet on here today what are you all up to ??

Ange- thanks for the updated list Again!! so glad you dont do those orange spots and hugs for pos and neg results , I never want to see a hug next to my name again, this time will be my 7th 2ww so I,m hoping and praying it will be lucky seven, ( I know Deb ,said I wasnt going to be supersticious this time, crazy but I cant help it ! ::) ::))
how was the meal Ange and are you getting sozzled, we've just got back from the Indians eaten far too much as per.

care didnt get back to me today, so just going to carry on with inj but no tabs till they tell me otherwise.
are/have any of you girls had really bad headaches while down/reg my head has been killing me, most nites have to have pain killers, thursday was even crying it was so bad, ( Dame was snoring which didnt help :eek:) cant remember this before must look up the symptons on the pack.

hope the rest of you are ok
love caron xxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
:)Hi Ange

No this is r 2nd time,
the 2 little embie we have just had put back where frozen from r 1st attemp, we had egg share last october & the donor had 8 egg & we had 7, 2 which we used last time & then had the remaining 5 frozen 3 survived thawing & 2 didn't , we had an 8cell & a 4cell put back this time, im due 2 test on friday but as it's friday the 13th i might leave it till the sat :)
im getting a lot of stabbing pains this time & im not sure if thats normal or not as i dont remeber having it so much last time, do you know if this is normal?
well take care everyone & all my wishes r with you all giid luckxxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Niece

I'm using my frozen embies from my first go too - ET probably in a week. Keeping everything crossed for your test on Fri/Sat!! I think everyone gets different symptoms - some people get pains from implantation and others feel nothing - try to keep positive!! :) - I'll add you to the list.

Caron - did get a bit sozzled last night - not feeling too healthy this morning!! Mike want's us to go out on a bike ride now - not feeling very energetic - best get it over and done with !!!!

Have a lovely Sunday girls!!

Love Ange x ^sunny^

·
Registered
476 Posts
hello girls

did a really long post earlier on today and it hasnt worked gutted got to start again.

welcome to the thread niece, didnt realise you were on a donor cycle just thought you'd posted on here by mistake, Ange said my name was on some of your previous posts ,so being the nosy cow I am I had a look ! we must have been on the same 2ww in oct last year, that was my last try using my own eggs and reading the posts brought it all back I had a good old cry ,cause with that neg cycle I was devastated, my last tx i was much more positive and feel even more so this time (could all change very quickly tho ::)) so fingers crossed for you this time, hope it works, I dont do 13 either so know how you feel either wait till sat or if your really desperate test on friday, our latest mum to be tested a day early and it was clearly positive, good luck ;D

Ange- cant believe mike wanted you to go on the bikes with a hangover, hope you managed ok, glad you had a good nite tho ;D ;D

deb- is your pc down ?? hows tx we've not heard from you for a while.

Tracey - hope you get sorted out tommorrow , fingers crossed the new protocol improves your linning, let us know what they say.

care called today to tell me they had left a message yesterday and I should have started my tabs then also (did our usual didnt check the phone messages, what are we like, she asked if we had a problem with our phone!!but I was on pc today ) anyway said it was ok to start tabs today and not to worry, next scan is thursday 12th at 8.30am, gonna have to leave the house at 6.30 am that will be fun !!(god help me if I ever have my baby/babies ;D ;D Dame will get the morning shift ;D ;D ;D)

hope the rest of you are all ok
love caron xxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
see I've posted where are you then ??
caronx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Caron - was in chat!!! Cycle ride did me a power of good. You've got to remember to check your phone messages missus!!! Get those tablets down your neck!!!

Ange x

·
Registered
154 Posts
hiya,

ange - feeling much better today thanks ... im not altogether sure that it isnt the buserelin making me anxious..i felt quite nauseus on thurs/fri...almost put me off my food (almost! ha! ^chuckle^) i feel like jeckyl and hyde sometimes! lee just ignores me - best way probably- he knows it isnt me. he is probably just glad im not chasing him round the house with a frying pan! i dug out the list of side effects for buserelin and there is a list as long as your arm! glad to hear you enjoyed your bike ride today!

well ive got my next scan next thursday - same as you caron. hope you are all had a nice weekend...this heat is getting to me a bit - got fans going all over the house. went to my friends babys christening today, he is so cute, not a peep out of him the whole time!

caron - how many points is an indian then?! i remember when i first did slimming world - you sit around dont you and say how much youve lost/what youve eaten etc...think it was my second time when i said that i had in fact eaten a whole pizza from pizza hut and i looked suitably guilty (i thought) as everyone looked on and i said 'yes 30 points! - but ive STILL lost weight!' thinking that was my humiliation over - the s/world rep said - 'i think you will find it is more like 100 points!' i could hear gasps around the room ha ha (couldnt believe i had unknowing owned up to that) ^oops^ still...gave everyone a good laugh at my expense. ;D

hope you are feeling better today caron, lee snores too - i make him sleep in the other room!

take care all,

tracey x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Ange thanks for your post & i will try to stay positive, would like to wish you all the luck in the world for your ET next week. i will be Keeping everything crossed for you 2 , thank you for adding me to the list.
good luck to everyone my wishes r with u all
love niece xxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi girls

well spoke to julie today and she said that basically what they are waiting for with me now is for me to have a period. julie said that if i dont the donor may have to be passed to someone else or i can have fet, she says that the stats for fet are 27% and fresh ET are 40%. lee and i will have to decide whether we want to go ahead or wait another couple of months for another donor. just hoping that i come on this week now. if i do wait julie said that i may have to have a different drug so that the same thing does not happen again.

well hope everything is going well with everyone else.

take care

love tracey x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls!

No sunbathing for me today - horrible rain! Went to the gym first thing and then up to London to see my consultant to discuss my cv - not very exciting! Wondering what my scan will show tomorrow - hopefully the lining will be nice and thick. Just bought a bumper pack of pregnancy tests - 50 for about £20 - thought I'd give them a go - another girl on the site used them this morning and she had a bfp so they do work! Also ordered some fsh testing strips so I can keep an eye on that - basically just give me a website and a credit card and I'm a gullible consumer!!!

Tracey - Glad that you've phoned and that you're clear now on what to do. Bit of a decision to make though now, isn't there? I'm sure you'll make the right one. You made me laugh with your pizza story!

Caron - saw you were logged in last night but then I disappeared to the chat room and missed your mails. Hope you're not forgetting your progynova! I'm not getting any obvious side effects - no headaches - are you still getting them?

Debs - where are you? Not heard from you for a while - hope you're ok.

Niece - only a few days left for you - have you bought your tests yet?

Alli - hope you're ok

Hi to everyone else, keep us updated with what you're up to!

Love Ange x

Ladies having treatment
Ange d/r since 24 July, 1st scan 2 August, 2nd scan 10 August
Caron d/r since 27 July, 1st scan 6 August, 2nd scan 12 August
Deb (RSMUM) d/r since 25 July, 1st scan 14 August
Tracey (new) d/r since 15 July 1st scan 5 August, 2nd scan 12 August

2 week wait
Niece ET 30 July - testing 13 August
Welshy ET 19 July - testing 2 August

Ladies awaiting treatment
Janny Bear waiting for donor
Jaq inbetweenie
Joe33 waiting for tx - new clinic
Sas Jane on waiting list
Sonja waiting for tx

Our mums to be
Alli mum-to-be - due Jan 2005
Lorraine mum-to-be - due Feb 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due April 2005

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Hi everyone - sorry haven't been around much - DH on line all the time and visitors all weekend..

just a quickie to say hello - all's going well here..counting down until Sat - only 5 more jabs to go ( but if it works maybe 7 months worth to follow..eek! :eek:)..doing ok but pretty tense and ratty - also get very tired about an hour after jab...did I read another post from someone worried about being anxious?! Me too! R has been VERY ,badly behaved and I had my nephew ( also 3 ) here today - but still , it was lovely to have the house filled with kids laughter ( and a few screams!)..got them both to curl up on the settee with me watching TV ( for all of ten mins ) and felt blissfull..

How are you all doing? Caron - will be thinking of you on Thursday - what happens next? are you just on the tabs now? when can we meet next?

Ange - how's the hangover?Have had two sets of visitors over the past few days - both LOVE to drink, so have not been very well behaved.. ::) ::)

Niece, hang in there - not long to go...

Will send IM's to all I've not mentioned..promise..thinking of you all - wishing you all the best and thanks for being there..without your support I'd be lost..

xxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
evening girls

thanks for the updated list ange- god I cant wait till you add me to the last bit ;D ;D ;D(like the rest of you too ;))

Ange - thought you might be in chat, was going to look but my boss phoned ans cut me off , the bloody guests wanted some washing doing, like they hadn't had all week to ask me but wait till my day off. glad the bike ride worked :p cant wait to hear your scan news tommorrow cause then you should get a defo date for et ;D fingers crossed.

Tracey - glad you got sorted, are you still waiting for af from the beginning with tabs or is this another one??, all I can say about fet is out of all my 6tx the only time we had bfp was with a fet, just my eggs were too old to hang on so I m/c , so fet's dont scare me in the least, look at Mel and Tony the couple who run this site they had fet and now have baby Jessica, so if you go for fet you stand just as much chance , good luck for thursday tho ;D

Neice - hang on in there girl not long now, have you decided what day you'll test yet ??

hope everyone else is ok, squeak where are you, just cause your pg now doesnt mean you've got to leave us, hope you had a nice weekend (as if you wouldnt now eh !!!)

well been taking my tabs 2 days now, yes Ange have checked my phone messages today and not missed any
still getting headaches from hell, but pop a couple of painkillers in when I feel it coming on, Tracey cant find a list in any of my boxes of buserilin can you look and see if headaches are on it ,if not will call and ask clinic as they are a bit scarey dont normally get headaches at all.

love to you all caron xxx

ps Tracey you mean SINS not points on slimming world, guess my indian is up there in the hundreds with your pizza ;D, my consultant is very consiencious keeps calling if you miss a class, lied and told her I'd been to clinic for scan (wasn't going to tell her it was cause I'd cheated and put weight on ::) ::))

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.