Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new home - good luck girls

·
Registered
568 Posts
Jan

Jaq is right - you shouldn't feel bad especially with what you've been through with Jason. You'll get a call soon with the right donor - don't worry.

Girls - had a bit of a household accident today - was stabbing a potato with a knife ready to put in the microwave and the knife sliced along my thumb instead - lots of blood, deep cut, nearly passed out…… Anyway it's all strapped up now but hurts like hell…. :'( :'(

Caron - managed to walk past the giant fingers ^chuckle^

Love Ange x

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,
It's maniac at work  - sorry not been posting as often as I would like.
I've just spent ages doing a mail to you all and I lost the lot when I posted it !!!!!!!!! I'm really frustrated eh!!!!!!!!
Will try to log on again tomorrow.
Best Wishes to you all.

SqueakX

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi jan,

just to dito what ange and jaq have said, you have really been through it these last few months, you need to feel right about what you are doing to have the strength to get through it. you must be near the top of the list so im sure you will get another call soon.

hi to all ... hope ange and caron are feeling ok on your 2ww, hi to debs. i had my scan today which showed my lining is now 6.4mm...they want me to have another scan on weds (back up the motorway again! ^spin^) they have now said that the earliest ec will occur will be friday, trust it to be the bank holiday weekend, traffic has been bad enough as it is! (wish i had some giant fingers :p)

love trace x

·
Registered
618 Posts
;D Hiya ladies, sorry I have not been in touch but we wnet away for a while to sort ourselves out. I got really ill whilst away but am fine now. Hope you are all well. good luck to all those on a cycle now. We have a review in september so hopefully good news we hope for FET's
love
Welshy and SteveX

·
Registered
255 Posts
Morning....

Thankyou, i dont know what i'd do without you all :-*

I spoke to Care yesterday with all my concerns & they listened to me patiently with all my ifs, buts & maybe's....

Apparently the main reason i was offered this donor is because we are both CMV +.
They don't have too many ladies that are + so even though i am halfway through their list, i was offered this donor.
I expressed my concerns over the heart issue & they say they understand & there is apparently a note on my file regading Jason's recent op...

So fingers & knees crossed.

Thanks for all your help once again....
I'll make a concervative effort to keep in touch.

Love to you all...  Jan xxx ^evil^

PS what's big fingers????

·
Registered
568 Posts
Morning ladies! ;)

It's nice to see so many of us posting!

Janny Bear - 'big fingers' are Cadburys chocolate finger biscuits - they now do giant ones - scrummy - a bit dangerous though cos I can eat a whole packet at one sitting….!! Glad you sorted things out with CARE.

Squeak - how's it going - you must be about 6 weeks pregnant now - good luck for your first scan on Friday. I also had problems with a post - I wrote and really long one and then a new thread was created for us and the old one shut down so I lost it!!! It's always the same when we get to around 12 pages - they get us!! ;D

Tracey - lining's growing nicely! Bit of a nightmare you having to travel up and down the motorway - definitely get yourself a packet of giant fingers…mmmm.. my mouth's watering just thinking about them!

Welshy - glad you're back with us and that you're feeling better - September will soon be here so you'll be cycling again soon! Good luck!

Caron - how's it going - any twinges or anything?

Debs - good luck for your scan on Thursday

Nothing much to report from me - keep getting indigestion and heartburn but that's probably because I'm sitting doing nothing - need to go for more walks! Got a friend from this site visiting me today, Odie - looking forward to it - not met anyone from FF yet! Getting nervous about testing - scared to know the result!

Love Ange x
^Heart^

Ladies having treatment
Deb (RSMUM) d/r since 25 July, 1st scan 14 August, 2nd scan 26 August
Tracey (new) d/r since 15 July 1st scan 5 August, 2nd scan 12 August, 3rd scan 20 August, 4th scan 1st Sept

Ladies on 2 week wait ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Ange FET 14 August - testing 28 August
Caron ET 20 August - testing 3 September

Ladies awaiting treatment
Janny Bear waiting for donor
Jaq inbetweenie
Joe33 waiting for tx - new clinic
Niece
Sas Jane on waiting list
Sonja waiting for tx
Welshy waiting for follow up appointment

Our mums to be
Alli mum-to-be - due 4 Feb 2005
Lorraine mum-to-be - due Jan 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due April 2005

·
Registered
568 Posts
sorry Tracey - just realised your next scan is tomorrow, 25th, not next Wed - good luck!

Ange x

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi girls - just poppingin to say hi to everyone and good luck all the 2wwers - fingers crossed yes even the giant ones - glad you expained wot they were they are my favourite anyway - didnt realise they did big ones
Will send dh on shopping trip tomorrow!!

having my last little fetsoon before joining you all Probably on the de game- hope there are many more  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ by the time I get there

Sarah xx  (Sas Jane)
p.s.thanks for keeping my name on the list! :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hi, I'm new here.  I posted on the IVF general board about moving clinics.  A brief background: this is my 5th IVF, first with donor eggs,(known donor).  Been with MFS in manchester since beginning.  IVF #2 worked, but lost ds at 22 weeks.  Protocol never changed, says unsuccessful due to endo and cysts causing low quality eggs.  Presently in 2ww but embryo quality was poor, so not expecting much.  Want to do it again, maybe change clinics.

I was told that CARE in manchester has a donor waiting list - MFS doesn't have one at all.  What is CARE like?  Does anyone have the website address?

Anyone got any opinions about Liverpool Women's Hosp?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lara

·
Registered
476 Posts
hellooooooooooooooooo

did a really long post to you all last nite ,then our phone rang and cut me off :mad: got to get broadband :-\

god hasn't it been busy on here ,I love it!!

Janny - so glad you got yourself sorted with care, our clinic is short on cmv- wouldn,t you think they would swap their lists especially as people like tracey and you have so far to travel for appointments. hope Jason is on the mend good luck to you both.

Jan - glad your back, won't be long and you'll be off again hang on in there girl it'll happen one day :)

Tracey-hopefully this will be your last scan before et, it's starting to look good, the travelling is a pain our journey to clinic is 2 hours as well, just thankgod you didn't have to go to manchester every time, only for the important one ;D, will you stay over nite the nite before et ? in manchester??

Squeak - how are you feeling anymore symptoms ?? friday's scan will make you feel more at ease when you see the heartbeat, soooooo excited for you.

Deb - soooooo sorry you can't meet up this week, never mind as you say once R starts school we can meet up then, hope all goes to plan on thursday will be thinking about you.

sarah- good luck for your fet hopefully you won't need to join us ;)

Ange - how are you today ??? only 4 more days and you'll know !!! yours has gone quick for me bet it hasn't for you tho, have you felt anything yet??.
changing the subject a lot now :p but what happend about Mikes car did you ever hear anything , did he get a new one?

Jaq, joe , Alli and everyone else hope your all fine :)

we got a nice call from care yesterday 2 of our embies made it to blast and they are now frozen, just hoping the best 2 that were put in me are still hanging in there, today could be the start of implantation , fingers crossed will tell you if I feel anything ;D ;D
love to you all caron xxxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
hiya Lara - welcome to the thread glad Ange pointed you in our direction :)

so sorry you've had to go thru so much, as Ange told you a lot of us on here are at Care in Manchester, where the waiting list if your waiting for donor eggs seems to be the shortest in the country, Tracey travels there from Kent!!!the phone number for the egg co-ordinators, (Julie,Caroline or tracie) is 0161 249 3066, and all of them are really nice ladies, and as your in Manchester its also handy.
you asked about liverpool womens hospital, which is where I had all my previous cycles of ivf with my own eggs, but if you are looking for donors I wouldn't bother as I was told they very rarely got donors and you could wait for 2 years or more, good luck with where you decide to go, will keep fingers and toes crossed that you won't need to and this attempt your succesfull ^reiki^, by the way when do you test ??
take care love caron xxxx

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hi Caron

Thanks for your welcome.  I test on 6 Sep, a way off yet.  I'm wondering what we'd have to do to change over to CARE; would we have to go through all the same interviews and initial consultations?  How easy is it to change?

Thanks

Lara

·
Registered
476 Posts
hiya Karen - so glad that everything is going ok for you now, won't be long before you get to meet your baby boy ;D ;D
it has been a long journey for you but will be worth the wait very soon.

it was me that mentioned on here about you as I have followed your posts , seeing how quickley you got your donor at our clinic made me join them too, was hoping we'd be succesfull 1st time at care like you (aren't we all ::)) but it wasn't to be , but we are back for round 2 with everything crossed ;D
love caron xxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
hi Lara - you test 3 days after me !!! sure Ange will put you on the list.

to move clinics, we asked lwh for copys of our notes they were a bit iffy with me as they said it was a lot of work and wasted time for a nurse to do, but they eventually sent a letter with all our tx and a copy of Dames sample test you are intiteld to this information but it might be easier for your new clinic to request this on your behalf.
if you call Julie or one of the other ladies at Care they will tell you what to do ,as because it would not be your 1st tx with de don't think you would have to go thru councilling etc same as we did, but we did find that we both had a lot more tests at this clinic, dame never had a blood test at Lwh for example! hope I've helped , feel free to ask anything else
love caron xxx

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
WoW!!! Can't believe how many posts there've been seen I was here last! Ange - is it only 4 more days? 4 more VERY long days I guess..oh all the best girl...

Caron - how are you doing? Will try to call you - REALLY need a natter...

Jan - just want agree with what everyone else said - PLEASE don't feel bad about turning down the donor - ESPECIALLY with your situation with Jason - how is he now? I'm so glad you got things cleared up with the clinic - good luck ...
All the best to everyone else - am losing track of us all now.

As for me - upped my Estrogen to 9mgs today - wooo-hoo!

xxxxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi debs,

they upped mine to 9mgs too! whats your lining like? im having a scan tommorrow again to see. hoping it will be the last scan b4 ec.

hi caron, ange and lara - god the waiting must be insufferable for you poor girls! :eek: hope you are keeping nice and busy  ^fairydust^                                                                    (please, please, please let you get positives.)

hi everyone love tracey xxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Evening ladies

Lara - hi, glad you decided to join us - good luck for 2 ww!

Caron - loads of posts from you today!!! Great the two blasts are frozen!

Debs & Tracey - you two must be getting dead excited now! Hope your linings are behaving themselves!

Thanks for all your good wishes - getting more nervous now the nearer it gets……!!

Love Ange x

Ladies having treatment
Deb (RSMUM) d/r since 25 July, 1st scan 14 August, 2nd scan 26 August
Tracey (new) d/r since 15 July 1st scan 5 August, 2nd scan 12 August, 3rd scan 20 August, 4th scan 25 August

Ladies on 2 week wait
Ange FET 14 August - testing 28 August ^fairydust^
Caron ET 20 August - testing 3 September ^fairydust^
Lara - testing 6 September ^fairydust^

Ladies awaiting treatment
Janny Bear waiting for donor
Jaq inbetweenie
Joe33 waiting for tx - new clinic
Niece
Sas Jane on waiting list
Sonja waiting for tx
Welshy waiting for follow up appointment

Our mums to be
Alli mum-to-be - due 4 Feb 2005
Lorraine mum-to-be - due Jan 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due April 2005

·
Registered
476 Posts
so are you in chat mrs???? going to have a look for you now
love caron x

must have just missed you , cause now you're off line !!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
way ya go DEBS and TRACEY just think this time next week wonder what you 2 will be doing  ;D :eek: :eek: ;D ^clapping^ ^clapping^ your linnings will be soooooooooooo thick now , hope fet and et won't be too much longer away.

love caron xxx

ps. thats another one today ANGE  :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.