Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
476 Posts
hi girls

hello to natile, welcome to the thread and good luck with your tx.

Tracey- aren't you the clever one, and with a big cheat last week  :eek: :eek:, i hate all that clapping etc get really embarassed, but taking home the goodies must have been nice  ;D, didn't brave it to sw class ,but shes sent me another letter and discount tkt, should make myself go really :p,glad you'll have company on this cycle with the new girls.

Ange - hope you had /are having !! a chilled out time in the peak district ?? Debs is coming over to our place next week , no I won't be wearing a red rose, I'll just shout your name if i don't recognise you  :eek: what sort of things do you like ,or hate to eat drink then I'll make sure we have them in, is Mike taking you to the airport ?, poor fella he'll be on his own a lot this month with all your gallavanting mrs  ;D ;D

Deb - hope you could decifer my instructions.
have you got P on the flora pro active or benacol, we get it in the milk as well,must get Dame to book a new appointment with the nurse again .
did you get a letter from care today about the waiting lists getting longer, and **** thinking we get TOO MUCH information about donors so they wont be telling us age fert history anymore only caracteristics, also if we wanted to be taken off list, it says they are finding it harder and harder to get donors these days even with all kinds of publicity, wish I knew what they did differntly abroad to get donors.

Joe - hope your appointment goes well tommorrow , and you dont have too long a wait for this donor !!!

Welshy - good luck with your fet ,whenever it is, wonder if we will be doing it at the same time, are you having drugs or a natural cycle like me ( mind you Care still want me to have cyclogest after et even with a natural cycle )

Squeak - hope everything is ok with you ?? not heard from you for a while, hows bubbs doing, are you getting fat now ???

Jaq, Lara, Janny , Sarah, Mandy  and any one I've not purposly  forgotten  hope your all well.

still waiting for af to show , but the longer it is the better with timeing for scans everyday and our bosses being here, but if it overlaps theres nothing I can do about it.

take care all
love caron xxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls

I'm back from my whistlestop tour of the Peak District - had a great time and got back last night. Having a relaxing morning before going up to London this afternoon - the Lister want me back for, hopefully, my last hcg blood test and then I've got a hair appointment and reunion drinks this evening with my old colleagues, so busy, busy….!

Caron - I eat everything!!! Really looking forward to meeting you and Debs next week. Don't know how I'm getting to the airport yet, might drive but there are loads of roadworks on the M25 around Heathrow so I might get a train to Wimbledon and get the tube…decisions..! Mike was happy being on his own one night this week when I was away, no-one to fidget around in bed and wake him up!

Welshy - good luck for your secret treatment!

Mandy - sounds like everything is well organised in Spain for you - look forward to following you through the tx

Natalie - welcome to the thread and good luck with your tx

Tracey - I start my new job on 1 Nov, I'm a bit apprehensive about starting something new but I'mlooking forward to it as well. Well done on your 3lbs loss - bet you were dead embarrassed to get a certificate! I need to find a local SW - the one I used to go to was up on Oxford St and I used to go in my lunch hour and it was literally a weigh-in class, no certificates or anything!

Hello to everyone else - hope you're all well and happy.

Thought I'd update the list as we've got a new thread.

Love Ange x

Ladies awaiting treatment
Ange inbetweenie
Caron waiting for AF to start FET
Debs inbetweenie
Janny Bear inbetweenie
Jaq follow up appointment end Oct
Joe33 appointment at CARE - 7th Oct
Lara follow-up appt on 18th Oct
Mandy waiting to start tx in Barcelona
Natalie waiting to start tx in Barcelona
Niece inbetweenie
Sas Jane waiting for donor
Sonja waiting for tx
Tracey waiting for tx in Spain
Welshy waiting to start FET

Our mums to be
Alli mum-to-be - due 4 Feb 2005
Lorraine mum-to-be - due Jan 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due 16 April 2005

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all

Ange - hope your last blood test goes well.

Natalie - I dont want to bore the other laidies with tales of Spain so are you aware of IVFConnections.com.  This has an IVF in Spain section and a thread on Institute MArques (I post as Richmond).  It has info on accomodation and such like, although as only myself and one other girl have been to IM on that site (others are waiting appointments) its fairly new.  It would be great if you could join us especially as you have experience of IVI as well.  I would love to know more about what you thought about both clinics and why you changed to IM.  Do join us.

All the best

Mandy

·
Registered
476 Posts
hi girls - just a real quickie from me for now.

Ange - how did the blood test go ,did it go down ?? what can they do about it or what do they think is keeping it so high ?
glad you eat EVERYTHING ;D you sound just like us !!!!

Deb - will reply to your email later on when I come back up stairs, you should be able to get here in 20/25 mins thats how long i took to get to yours, hope fully there won't be a lot of traffic at that time either.

we are on the front page of our local paper again today, its updateing everyone about our tx and telling them about our tv programme on the 19th, the researcher from the programme has writen some really nice comments about us , brought a tear to my eye  ;D ;D ;D

love to everyone I've not mentioned, will try and post again later
caron xxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls

Finally my hcg is below 20, it's 14 so that's good, it'll save me a fortune in blood tests and travelcards up to London! Got visitors coming for the weekend, they'll be here in a while, so I've been a good girl doing my housework today.

Caron, what's the newspaper? Make sure you save it for me to see next week.

I'd better go, still got the kitchen to clear up. Have a good weekend everyone!

Love Ange x

·
Registered
476 Posts
hiya all

did you get the house done in time Ange ??, glad your hcg 's gone down but still 14, you see your bod likes the idea of being pg, have you been practising yet ? :eek: ;D ;D
paper is the Bangor mail , will show you it when you come up, but you'll have seen the Womans own mag by then won't you !!!!!!

doing a flying visit tommorrow night to my mums to pick up my gran from the airport at 4.10am ,then try and kip for a couple of hours and drive back home ,fun day off  :p

still no af but don't think it will be long now.
love caron xxx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi girls,
sorry I have not been around for a the past couple of weeks.
Sad news I'm afraid. :'(
I went for nucal scan a week last Friday as I was 12 weeks preggers. I was a little anxious as the scan analyses the risks of abnormality between 11-14 weeks but at the same time had no symptoms to suggest there was any problem. When the scanner was placed on my belly I was told that the fetus had died and was no longer there. As you can imagine I went into shock. I had not miscarriaged and was still having all the pregnancy symptoms.
  The following Monday morning I went into hospital to have a DNC but began to miscarry before getting to theatre. Have been off work all week recovering from the op and to try and get my head round things.
Went straight back to the clinic and went on the waiting list for a new donor - since we had no suitable embryo's for freezing. Been told the wait might not too long as I'm CMV+ - but who knows?. Will need to find another £4000.00 which we can't afford right now - as our drains have gone up the creek this weekend and need replacing.
Was told I would cry a lot and that my emotions would be all over the place - due to the hormones. Have cried a bit but am more angry than anything and am determined to overcome this. Out with the old in with the new. Excercise and weight loss.
All the medical staff have been great and tell me it is not my fault, 1 in 6 pregnancies end in miscarriage, that I am extremely unlucky - as most people who get this far with a donor go full term, something like this normally means there was something wrong with the fetus and to try again!

Hope you are all well and doing much better than me!

SqueakXX   

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh Squeak

I really don't know what to say apart from that I am so so sorry for what has happened. This is so unfair. I understand your feeling of anger - that's what I felt too - and your emotions will be all over the place as they said. Just take your time and allow yourself to grieve your loss.

I'm glad you've gone straight back on the list, it's good to do something positive.

Please take care of yourself

Love and hugs

Ange x

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Just realised that the thread had changed so no wonder wasn't getting any notifications -  ^eyes^

Squeak - am so, so sad to read your news...I can't imagine what you must be going through - just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you...it's all so cruel -so unfair....as Ange said, glad you got back on the  list straight away..now you need to focus on yourself to get through this..

Lots of love,

Deb xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
Squeak ,

so so , sorry never know what else to say we have donor eggs so this can't happen to us ,but here we are again , they say its natures way of telling us something was not right but when we have to go thru so much to just get a positive its twice as devastating. Glad your staying positive and not giving up yet, hopefully by the time you get yourself sorted out you will have a new donor, i know its easy to say but time really is a great healer , save some of the drain money and go out and treat yourselves ,theres always the 0% credit cards if push comes to shove :)
thinking about you both
love caron xxx

·
Registered
207 Posts
Squeak

Really sorry to hear your news.  I can only slightly imagine what you have been through after suffering a m/c almost a year ago but in the very early stages.  If anger gets you through this then thats the way to go.  Life is really unfair.

Mandy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Squeak

I just wanted to give you a big  ^Cuddle^  and to let you know we are here you.  I'm so very sorry.

Take care and lots of love, Natalie xxx

·
Registered
618 Posts
Squeak, take care and take strength from all of us. our hearts go out to you. Love
Welshy and SteveX

·
Registered
154 Posts
squeak,

i am so so sorry mate, i hope you are getting loads of love and hugs from dh. just remember all us girls are here to care and listen.

loadsa love,

tracey x

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hi everyone

Just got a quick question I hope someone can help with.  My last cycle was the first time I've used progesterone pessaries and when I stopped using them, I bled about 3 days later.  Its now been about a month and AF is a bit late, so just wondering if the progesterone can cause this? 

Hope someone can help.

Lara

·
Registered
568 Posts
Girls

Don't forget to buy Womens Own this week - just bought mine  - our lovely Caron is in there on page 46 telling her story.

Well done Caron - it's a great article!  ^afro^

Love Ange x   ^daisy^

·
Registered
476 Posts
why thankyou Mrs  ;D ;D
pleased with it myself, dames not impressed with his photo tho, but now you know what he looks like too :)
love caron xxx

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
:) :) :)Well done, Caron - another brill bit of publcicty! Glad you reminded everyone to buy it Ange as I kept meaning to and kept forgetting - old age settling in, eh?!

xxx

·
Registered
362 Posts
Squeak - just read your news, I'm so, so sorry. We've not been doing very well on this thread recently have we? I hope that each day just gets a little easier for you and dh, and that next time with a different donor, things will be different and it will all work out for you.

Caron - not seen your article yet - I looked at all the magazines last week (surprised I didn't get moved along!)but must have been too early. Have a great time with Ange and Deb  ;D

Lara - don't know if its the progesterone, but after my first 2 ivfs my next af was about a week late each time; I think all the hormones you've taken muck up your own system a bit and I know a lot of girls don't ovulate the month after a cycle which can delay things.

Hi to everyone else

Love Jaq

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.