Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any posters that can share their story.

I am just gone 11 weeks and have been bleeding since before 6 weeks. It has varied from spotting and older blood to bright red flow. Thankfully everything has been ok with our bean. No one has really been able to tell us why it happens or even where exactly it is coming from but they feel it might be my cervix.

I was just wondering if others have had the same thing. If so when (if at all) did it stop o were there any special concerns as time went on (please god all will stay well for us) that were because of it.

Thanks a million  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
Hi Starting out and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I had spotting (mostly dark brownish) from about 5 weeks to 6 weeks. I contacted my clinic very worried but they said there was no point scanning me before about 6 and a half weeks as they'd be unlikely to see anything so early - just told me to try not to worry as I had no other worrying symptoms. The bleeding stopped on its own after about a week and sure enough at my early scan a few days later, all was fine and thankfully has continued to be fine since with no more bleeding. I also was never given a clear reason for where the bleeding came from. Obviously this is much less bleeding than you have experienced though.

I know from other ladies' stories that bleeding/spotting seems to be really common in early pregnancy and as long as your bean continues to grow normally and you have no pain, it is not necessarily anything to worry about. But I realise it must be worrying for you, not to mention a bit of a nuisance! I really hope it stops soon and you can start to relax and enjoy your pregnancy  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Carrie  :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi starting out,
I bled every day of the first 20 weeks- varied between brownish discharge to trousers soaked in blood. Was absolutely petrified at the time but all of the many scans the hospital kindly did showed my precious bubs waving away. They are now 9 months old and doing well.
I was told the blood was coming from the edge of the placenta.
Hope the bleeding stops soon
Janet

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks carrie lou  ^hugme^ I's driving me mad alright but as you say once the babs is ok I can put up with it. Congrats on your pregnancy too.

Thanks too jwb i ^hugme^ It must have been so hard to have it so long but delighted your pair are doing well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and I bled from 7 weeks to 12 weeks,  then it stopped and i had more bleeding at 16 weeks for a couple of days.

I was absoultely petrified,  i still am incase it starts again,  but i kept getting scans and the baby was fine.  They have said my bleeding was due to a sensitive cervix and are sending me for a colposcopy.

I kept getting scans at different hospitals during the bleeding just to give me piece of mind and i also paid for private scans,  i know its a bit extreme but i figured that i was probably doing more damage to the baby worrying all the time then getting the actual scans and at least it eased my mind for a few days.

Apparently bleeding is pretty common, but it still scares you when it happens and i'm still constantly knicker checking.

I hope it stops for you soon and you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy
x

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you have all this worry, I remember it well.

I bled from 12 hours after getting a BFP through to 8/9 weeks, bleeding all day everyday, somedays brown, somedays clots like you somedays bright red. One evening I was admitted to hospital for an ERPC they were shocked when I was scanned to see a little heart beat pounding away!

I had lots of scansand private scans every week up to about 18 weeks I was so nervous.  I was told the bleeding was probably the other embie that had come away and was stuck at the bottom of my uterus?

Anyway, my little man is 10 weeks old and the rest of the pregnancy was healthy, although I knicker checked for the whole of my pregnancy and still find myself checking now  ^idiot^

Good Luck, I hope the bleeding stops soon and have a wonderful pregnancy xx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing guys. It's terrible to see other people have been through it as well but kinda reassuring that I'm not alone if you know what I mean.

Nicky S thats interesting about sending you for a colposcopy. I'm waiting to see the consultant at the end of next week and will be asking him about long term issues esp if its coming from the cervix.

Shell30 congrats on your little man and I suspect it will be a long long time before I stop knicker watching!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

Oh hunnie, it's such a worry isn't it  ^hugme^

I bled with the boys from 6 weeks through to 13 weeks. I had everything from brown spotting to gushing red blood when I stood up with clots in it. Every scan we had I thought there would be bad news, but each time there were 2 little heart beats still there! They never found a reason for it either but thought it was coming from my cervix too. The boys are 2 1/2 now

Hang on in there xx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slinkyfish thanks so much for sharing your story. I've shed so many tears from it even this morning as I've had a lot over night and this morning and always have the same fear waiting to be scanned.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Oh love, it's such a difficult time isn't it. I really feel for you  ^hugme^

In the end they stopped scanning me as they thought the internal scans weren't helping the situation.

Try to stay positive hunnie xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Obviously there are no guarantees, but bleeding during the first 12 weeks is more common than you may think. I was told as high as 60% of ladies have some type of bleeding. I just wish I had a crystal ball to be able to put your mind at rest. I found the not knowing one way or the other so hard xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Will be thinking of you xxx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

How are you getting on? xx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Slinkyfish thanks so much for thinking of me!

Its still going but dare I say a wee but lighter than before but consultant is happy with everything and is hoping it might stop in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi,

Just wanted to share that I too experienced bleeding from 5 weeks up until 13 weeks of my pregnancy. It also varied from light brown spotting to heavier, with clots. One thing though, I never experienced any pain with any of the bleeding. I was lucky enough to have a scan at the local EPAU following each occurance of bleeding and all was perfect. I did also bleed a fair bit during labour and birth. I was fine though and my baby girl is perfect.

No one could ever tell me why I bleed or where it came from. One possible reason is that prior to getting pregnant I was found to have some cervical erosion near neck of my womb & this could have caused some bleeding.

It is comforting to know others have experienced the same but it doesn't stop you worrying.

x x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hang on in there hunny  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Just checking in to see how you are! Have things stopped  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.