Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We were advised we can take out HPT either 10th of 11th of December, as you can imagine, as soon as we were told that it was in our heads we'll be testing on 10th. Well the 10th is obviously tomorrow but yesterday I've been spotting brown/red, only when I wipe so far but I'm so terrified and now thinking the worst. I was going to ring the hospital but part of me thinks we should get the test out of the way first. I have only just discovered this part of the message boards and really wish I had seen it earlier as it is a comfort to hear from people at a simliar stage to us. I've been getting all my usual symptoms I normally get before the dreaded period arrives so part of me wasn't that surprised when I saw the brown/red yesterday. It did actually stop late last night but it's there again this morning although still only there when I wipe. I just don't know what to think. It all feels very cruel. My husband is being a fantastic support, you can never have too many cuddles at times like this!  ^hugme^ So we're just preparing to do the test tomorrow, I just can't help fearing the worst now though. Good look to everyone else and it's great to see so many BFP's, just wish all those positive vibes could come through for us all  :(

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Alh, totally feel for you hun, I hate the 2ww so much. Are you on an IVF cycle hun? I've been there twice and found it torture. The spotting can be nothing hun try not to worry, lots of ladies have a little bleeding and go on to get bfp. Fingers crossed for you hun, lots of luck. I'm on a clomid cycle, trying it before 3rd round of IVF next year. Will be testing sat if af doesn't arrive! Xx

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi alh2820, I'm due to test tomorrow too, so know exactly how you feel.  I am also in a mega head spin as have had some brown spotting too, since Tuesday evening, not a lot but am on constant runs to the loo to check.
I called my clinic yesterday morning and they said it is quite normal to have some spotting, lots of ladies do, but if it turns into a typical period then that might not be so good.
I've had some twinges and pains (but not sure if just paranoid period pains), boobs haven't been tender and normally are when i'm coming on.  However, my last 2ww i had no pains and still the period came (quite out of the blue - 2 days before OTD).  It really is a rollercoaster!
I'm trying to wait and test on Saturday morning rather than tomorrow if i can, because if it's negative i'll not be able to hold myself together to do a days work.
I did a test on Tuesday night and there was no sign of a line at all, again clinic said too early to test, not to worry and to only test with first morning wee on Friday.
Hoping and praying!  Good luck to you.
x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Liggsy, yes this is our 1st try at IVF. I think I totally underestimated just how stressful it can but this 2ww is by the far the worst part. Good luck for your test.

Thanks for your message too, keep the faith. I'm also trying to wait until Saturday to test but I just know I won't be able to wait so will be trying in the morning. The browness has almost totally gone now but I've a feeling it's just the pessaries putting off what will eventually happen. Just got a really bad feeling now. To be honest I am the same as you regarding the breast tenderness too, I normally get it quite bad before I come on and have to say I don't feel anything there at all. Not sure if that's good or bad though! All my other usuall symptoms are there apart from that which is a bit strange. Well I'll be keeping everything crossed for us and us and hoping and praying we get the result we deserve. Please let me know how you get on. Best of luck.  ^pray^

xx

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey, check out the Holiday hopefuls thread Nov./Dec we've had some people who are sad  ^hugme^ but also people who';ve had the spotting then got the BFP... hang in there!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Alh, I wish someone could prepare you for how bad the 2ww is, the second was far worse for me as I bled on both 2ww's a good 5 days before otd. Its just torture. I really hope you get your bfp tomorrow, will be looking out for it xx

You too keep the faith, hold out til sat of you can, I agree about the work thing hun, fingers crossed for you xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everyone, well bit of mixed news really. I just did the test this morning and it's a BFP!!! :) It still hasn't quite sunk in and I'm also terrified as yesterday afternoon I did bleed proper red blood. I lasted less than 5 mins then there was nothing there then the very light brown came back. This morning it is still very light brown. Our heads are all over right now, of course we are thrilled at the BFP but part of us feels like we can't quite celebrate just yet. I've just spoken to my hospital and they put me at ease a bit explaining that some bleeding is quite common due to all the hormones going on. They've advised me that if the red blood comes back I should wait and do another pregnancy test in a weeks time. But then she said that as far as she is concerned though, I am pregnant, and she has booked us in for a scan on 22nd December. Just praying to god we get no more bleeding till then.  ^pray^ So looks like we've got ourselves another nervous 2WW!!!  ^hugme^

·
Registered
321 Posts
^hugme^ hi  alh2820 I just couldn't help my self Reading ur post and leaving without leaving a message for u... I no ur still on egg shells but Hun u got bfp I'm sooooo happy for u.. I'm on the 2ww and it's only the 2nd day have been noseing around seeing every post.. It gives others ladies hopes Hun when u hear som1 has bfp. Goodluck Hun hope everything goes smothly with u. And take it easyxxxx 

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Would like to say Congratulations, try not to worry too much, I know it hard. I'm also on the 2ww and it's killing me!! I can't test until Wednesday but keep looking at posts to see if I could test earlier!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well well well alh2820! ::) congrats to you... panic not - loads of gals have bleeding and their hormone count keeps rising in the pregnancy, try and keep positive, look after yourself, we all know what will be will be but this is your time. ;)

I managed to get to work without testing this morning - how ??? I have no idea, I am officially a crazy ^idiot^ I am so scared about getting a negative i almost don't want to find out. At least i am in work and not in tears today!!

I really advise against testing early by the way toria77, if it's negative it will really upset you and could mean nothing - a few girls have gone on to have BFP on actual OTD. (I tested Tues negative, my OTD is today - so wait and see what tomorrow brings).

Hoping and praying for all
x

·
Registered
207 Posts
just started bleeding really heavily - tested and BFN.  :'(

Good luck to the rest of you and those who have positives.

xxxx

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Alh, congrats hun, fab news. Please don't worry about the bleed, lots of ladies have that and all is fine. Loads of luck for your scan xx

Keep the faith, I'm so very sorry hun, how awful. I was hoping it would be positive for you tomorrow. Life is so cruel. Sending gentle hugs, look after yourself xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, well still feeling a bit concerned. Yesterday the browness was very light, almost not there but I've noticed today its become more pinky in colour. Tonight it is slightly heavier. Really nervous now. Got a feeling we'll have to test again next weekend but just feel sick at the thought. Still got cramps and my stomach is looking really swollen for some reason but no sore boobs or anything else. Just don't know what to think. So worried the bleeding is going to get worse now.  :( My sister says she remembers having the brown spotting when she was pregnant but I'm just worried that mine has now gone more pink. Anyone else getting this or experienced this after getting a BFP?? x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.