Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i guess im finally in my 2ww..........
TTc for 3+ years, diagnosed PCOS @ 19. metformin 1500mg/clomid 50,100+150mg- all no response.
Had Ovarian drilling september 9 2010.... about 16 weeks after op had first period in 8 years.( had +opk exactly 14 days before AF arrived, had sore boobs, "heavy crampy feelig" about 4-5 days before)

I monitored my next cycle, and had definate signs of ovulation again on day 19. EWCM. and +opks, so im guessing i have ovulated again, Which is fantastic!!!!!

Im now day 21 of cycle and based on ovulation am due to Test on day 34, or AF should arrive.
Dh and i, BD'd 6 out of 9 nights in the period leading upto, and two days after O, so im hoping we have covered it!!!

Just wondering if anyone else is due to test on the same day(or there abouts), and when i should expect to have symptoms. if any!!

Wishing every one luck !!!!
^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Amy xxx

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Amy

I am due to test on the 16th Jan so it would be good if we could keep each other company on the 2ww. I have just completed my 6th cycle of Ovulation Induction using Menopur injections. The symptom thing is interesting as I find pg and AF symptoms can be very similar and can start from about 7/10 days post ovulation.

Lets hope this is a really good new years present for both of us.

SS

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shooting star....

I really hope it is a good start to the new year!!!

To be honest im just over the moon for my body to actually be doing something on its own for the first time in 8 years. Im not sure if i will have concieved on my second cycle, but who knows, suppose it could happen, think thats just me preparing myself for it not to happen.

Im gatehring then, that its completley normal at this stage not to be feeling any different (as im not!) and have no symptoms.
Last cycle i did have really sore boobs about 3-4 days before AF arrived, so suppose i just need to be patient and see what happens!
easier said than done though.......

I really hope this is our month. Strangley too, if i have concieved this month, then my due date(based on ovulation dates) would be my 2nd wedding anniversary!!!

Hoping and praying    ^pray^
Amy

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good evening, how are you all??

Im now 6DPO

have had slightly sore boobs today, not sure if related to anything, but im noticing every little twinge and hoping it could mean something!!!! so fingers crossed!!!

Had a bit of bad news today, our dog (lives at my mums- but still "our dog") has had to be put down, he hasnt been well for a while, but still been a sad day, hes been with the family for 9 years, so will be strange without him, could do with some good news to cheer everyone up........

How are you shooting star?

Amy x

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Amy

So sorry to hear about your dog. I totally understand how much a part of the family they are we had 2 Kerry Blue Terriers and one died in May. It really is hard when they go.

I too have been having twinges and sore boobs but I know lots of my symptoms will still be due to the HCG injection up until 10dpo.

Sorry I have not been on for a few days as I started a new job last week (part time cos I am blessed enough to have a 2yr old) and it has been really busy finishing off in the old job and starting the next.

SS

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SS- Dont worry, i dont come on here all that often when im in work during the week, im now 8DPO and continuing with sore boobs, but dont seem to have the crampy pains that i did yesterday?

I had appointment at fertility clinic today, they are continuing with the plan to re-start clomid with next period (if i have one), for 2 cycles, at increasing doses. if i dont ovulate regulary on clomid then will be starting injectables.

I wasnt sure if they would restart the clomid as i have had a period on my own last month, and possibly another cycle this month...... but they said will ensure regular ovulation, and help "time" everything. as will be monitored each month they will be able to see whats going on. Im happy with that as at least i feel like im doing something!!!

Congrats on the new job, im sure working part-time with a 2 year old is still hard work!!!
Amy x

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Amy

Glad you are going to have monitoring as this really helps but lets hope you don't need it!

I think I am 10dpo today and have had some sharp pains today. I am really struggling with the 2ww now. Its far too early to test and although I want to test I get so upset and feel so depressed when its negative.

New job is really hard and want to leave already!

Hope you are doing ok

SS

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi Amy, my OTD is 22nd Jan. I saw your post and wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Persian

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Amy

Just wanted to say all the best for this weekend, I hope you get your BFP

SS

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good morning Shooting star,

Thank you for you thoughts but i think its over for this month. I caved in and tested this [email protected] 7am (13DPO) and it was BFN,  i went back to sleep for an hour or so and was woke up with AF pains and a little spotting ^bigbad^, so think she will arrive properly later today or tomorow. I feel a bit silly that i actually let myself believe that i could be pregnant.

But on a positive note (if there is one!!) ^reiki^ ^reiki^, it means i can now start clomid again, which if my body has started trying to doing things on its own, then surley clomid has got a betterchance of working and can only increase my chances in the coming months!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you  ^hugme^, and i  ^pray^ that you get those two lovely little lines!!!!!!

Amy xx

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Persian,

IDidnt see your post untill I had posted mine, didnt want you to think I was being rude  ^hugme^!!!
As you can see in my last reply, I think is game over for this month, but means I will now be starting clomid again when AF arrives properly,
Thank you for thinkng of me, and I hope you get you BFP on the 22nd!!!  ^pray^ ^pray^,

Keep us updated!!
Amy
xx

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Amy - still hoping you might get a positive in the next few days but if not hopefully the clomid will do the trick.

Persion - All the best for your test next week

2 days until I test but cant face as I am still getting these pains. Will probably just wait and see if AF arrives next week

SS

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ladies, Def BFN for me this month, but have taken my clomid this morning, so at least i feel like im doing something.

SS- i hope AF keeps away, and your pains are just a sign of things adjusting!!

Persian- let us know how you get on!

I have the in-laws coming this afternoon to watch the Everton/liverpool football match, so sould keep my occupied for the afternoon at least.

Baby dust to all xxxxxxx

Amy
xx

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Amy

We had the inlaws yesterday.

Sorry you got a negative but good that you have started the clomid again. Clomid worked for me on the 4th cycle.

Tested today, one day early, and got a faint positive on a cheep supermarket test. Excited but nervous. Will use a clear blue digital tomorrow morning and hope its positive

SS  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations ss! A line is a line! Hope it stays fo you., what lovely news! Xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
SS - Fabulous! Congrats!! ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^spin^. It'll be even darler tomorrow! It's so funny being delighted to hear of a pregnancy. Outside of FF I usually just sigh and feel crap.

I woke up to those horrible pre-AF feelings at about 5am this morning. Wen to the loo to check knickers but fortunately no blood. Am now thinking of testing Thursday or Friday (OTD Saturday) as do not want to find out it's negative from AF. Although one of my cats licked my belly button so am trying to take that as a good sign as he's never done that before! ;D

Persian

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks Amy and Persian

I did a Clear blue digital this morning and it came up 'PREGNANT 2-3' in under a minute.

Persian - I totally understand what you mean about hearing about people getting pg, fertility friends and the outside world always seems soo different because we all know how much we all go through. I really hope AF does not arrive for you. I have had AF type symptoms on and off for several days so the two sets of symptoms are very similar.

SS

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SS- Im so glad you got you BFP, heres to a happy and healthy 9 months!! ;D

Persian-I hope this is a lucky month for you too. I was adamant i wasn't going to test early-I did....only by one day, but AF arrived less that 3 hours after doing it, so should have just waited!!!!
I totally agree with what your saying about hearing others news, its different when you know of people going through the same or similar things, I usually get upset hearing of peoples pregnancys, but now get very excited when hear of people who have struggled who get there BFP's, as you can understand what they are feeling, and how exciting it must feel, I wouldnt wist the "infertility journey" on anyone.

I WILL be a mummy one day.........

Amy xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
Amy - you will definitely be a mum. I wish I had your young eggs!!!

SS - Looks like your pregnancy hormone levels are way up there! What do you need to do now? Who are you going to tell? I haven't even thought that far yet ;D. Am just sooooo hoping for a BFP.

Persian x

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Persian - I am hoping you get your BFP too, and Amy.

I have to take progesterone pessaries and asprin as it is a high risk pregnancy. I have a booking in appointment at the GP's tomorrow evening where they do all the paperwork an appointment with my con on the 4th Feb and an early scan booked for the 8th Feb.

Just praying everything is ok.

SS`

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.