Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,  Have been posting on the cycle buddies board but figured I should maybe on this one too ?
This will be my 7th 2ww and they dont get any easier do they ?  I had my et last Friday and thankfully everything went ok.  I have no idea what grades my embies were cos they didn't tell me ?! I have been able to have 3 replaced, being over 40 !  So, the wait continues !!!  It is so good to see so many  ^BFP^ results around at the moment.  It gives the rest of us some hope for the same results.
Take care everyone and good luck with the 2ww.  I hope all of our dreams come true soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Hollysox

I'm testing on the 6th May too and had 2 embies put back last Wed.

This is my first 2WW and it's definately the worst part of the treatment.  I've had loads of pains and twinges and each time I think it's AF on the way.  Was in a really bad mood last night (like I get with PMT) so spent most of the night  :'(

Anyway, feel better today and working has helped keep my mind off it.

What clinic are you at?  I'm at Ninewells in Dundee.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Hollsox & Satsuma
Me too, mind if I join you?, I had e/t/ last fri too! Feeling v bloated, and exactly like you are by the sounds satsuma, anyway.... sending you both positive wishes   
Alex
xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi there
I had e/t on Monday and will be tested on 6th May too!  I had really bad AF pain yesterday and felt a bit sick this morning, but I'm fine now.  Also have the bloated belly.  I'm at Wolfson Clinic at Hammersmith Hospital.

Sham63

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Sham,
How are you feeling?

Hi again Satsuma...it is isn't it?, though I must say I'm going to be a nervous wreck when the time comes...my hosp. dont test until 4 weeks, they wont do a preg test, you have to do your own at home and if you get a pos then they will only confirm it via a scan, its kind of made me feel nervous about the whole testing process as they have also told me that you can get false positives (and negatives) from testing yourself too early as the injections can fool the pregnancy test  :-\

wdyt?

xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi girls can I join you

I think I have spoke to a few of you on the other boards.

I had two cuties transferred last Friday and I am dreading the 6th May. This is my 1st 2WW. I feel like I should test earlier just to be prepared, then I think I cant change anything now so I should just wait and see. Its such a nightmare. I have AF pains too and sore boobies.

Hi Alex my clinic sounds the same as yours. I have to do home test and then if its positive they will scan 3 weeks later. I know that the HCG from the trigger injection stays in your system for about 10 days so we could get false readings if we tested too early, but its so tempting.

Maddie x

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi girls

Looks like we've got quite a few 6th May testers!

Alex & Maddie- my clinic is the same as yours.  I have to test at home and then if it's positive I go to the clinic for a scan.  I'm not sure what's better, as having to phone the hospital for the result would be pretty nerve wracking too. 

My main concern is that the clinic only give 12 days worth of Cyclogest, so I'll be stopping it 4 days short of my test date.  They say that you should expect a withdrawal bleed when you stop taking it, so how to know the difference between that and AF?  I have a meeting in London on the 5th and had a nightmare last night that AF started while I was waiting to board the plane.  When we were trying naturally, I remember AF was late and I thought 'this is it'.  Discovered AF had arrived just before called to board and nearly missed my flight as I was crying in the loos!

Also, my DH is terminally positive about it all (he's like that about everything) and it would kill me to disappoint him if we don't get a BFP.  Also, his parents have funded the treatment so it would be awful to have to tell them.  I haven't told my parents (if we could have afforded to fund it ourselves we wouldn't have told anyone) as I couldn't bear for them to be disappointed too.

Maddie- I'm feeling strong about not testing too early at the moment, but don't know if I'll be able to hold out come next week!  We've got loads of great support on this site though (I've never come across so many kind and generous people) and it's great to know there's always someone there when you need it.

Sham- I've got similar symptoms to you, but no nausea yet...

Satsuma

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Likewise, 6 May is my birthday, so it just has to be a good day for you. Sending you all lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Abby
x

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi to Satsuma, Alext, Sham69, Maddie, Lizzy and Abby.  How are you all doing today ???  Like some of you mentioned I feel quite bloated, sore boobs and am worrying about every twinge.  To be honest, I've felt bloated since ec !!  I also have the problem of constipation (I know TOO much info - sorry !!!!)  Sat and ate half a tin of prunes yesterday ?!  Dont want to take any kind of medicine so I'll just have to suffer I suppose.  Of course, I am getting pains in my tum cos of that but it doesnt stop your mind wandering and worrying.
Alex Satsuma and Maddie, your clinics do things different to mine.  I have to ring up next Thursday to say if I will be going on Friday.  When I go I need to take a urine sample and they test there and then.  Having said that, I may do a test myself before I go !  What do you girls think ?
Satsuma, you asked me where my clinic is.  I'm with the Q.E hospital in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear.
Thanks Lizzy for adding us to your list and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for the 6th May !!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Abby for that day too !!!!
Take care everyone xx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi girls!

Hope you're all doing OK today.

Lizzy & Abby- sounds like 6th May is a special day for you both, hope we can make it even better with some BFPs!

Just a quick question.  Do you think it's possible to get a BFP with no implantation spotting?  Just wondering, because I haven't had any yet (been looking out for it) and was worried that if I don't get any soon it will be a BFN.

Hollysox- I know the QE in Gateshead well.  I used to do some work with the Stroke team there, it's a great hospital.  It's hard to say if it's better to do a test yourself or wait to have one at the hospital.  I guess it depends if you can bear the wait!  I would definately feel more comfortable if my clinic did one for me, but I guess since the home test kits are so sensitive and reliable now it's hard to tell what's best.

Satsuma

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hiya Hollysox, Satsuma, Sham69, Maddie, Lizzy and Abby,

Is anyone getting really impatient now?!?! (I am), woke up so early today just lying there wondering. I had some bad news this week too, the other 2 embies we had were not of good enough quality to freeze :( ....and I was surprised at how badly I took the news to be honest as I thought I had prepared myself for the worst news (and that wasn't it), but I guess you can't control your emotions?? Can't help worrying about the 2 little lovelies that went back in now?? please let them survive ^reiki^^reiki^ 

Satsuma: I haven't had any spotting either and have exactly the same concern as you?  re. your cyclogest, wont they be able to provide you with more to last the full 2 weeks?

Hollysox - If it was me I'd have to test before, naughty I guess but I'd want to have a good idea before they do if you know what I mean. On this general subject I am really nervous about the quality of the result from the hpt's 'cos of all this 'false positive' possibility.

Hi Maddie, Did your clinic say it took 10 days for the drugs take to come out of your system, so in thery we could test on day 11 (No I'm not going to!!! ha ha just if thats true then by 14 days the result should be more acuurate I guess?)?

Lizzy, thanks for adding us to the list, gosh its going to be such a big day next Fri? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for then too and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Abby  Does anyone else have to go to work? I do, pants! maybe I should get the day off? 

Well not much other news from me, still no soreness of the boobies which I am longing for, but I am having stomach cramps, and weird twinges as everyone is describing so lets hope this is all good and no visits from AF perlease (is anyone nervous to go the the loo just incase she has arrived, ha ha )  positive thought to all and hope you have a lovely bank holiday, love Alex x x ^reiki^^reiki^

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi there

Alex and Satsuma, just wanted to reassure you - I had absolutely no implantation spotting/bleeding, and got a  ^BFP^

Remember, everyone is different and gets different symptoms (or none at all!). I know how hard it is hanging in there waiting though, and am still sending you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for test day.

Abby
x

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi to all  of you beautiful future moms
I just wanted to reassure you I hadn't any single spot during my 2ww & got  ^BFP^ ^BFP^& it's well known that implantation can happen without spotting so don't think about it
Hope all of you well get BIG ^BFP^ ^BFP^soon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi everyone

Not sure what to say, but was naughty and did an HPT today...

It did come up positive, but think it could be the HCG injection (taken on 16th April, 6500IU).  Do you think it's a real result or could it still be the HCG injection?

I had et on 20th April, so not sure to believe the result or not.

Satsuma

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all

Sorry to but in, but I'm due to test on the 6th May as well - the day after my birthday.

I'm getting really nervous and impatient now so could do with a bit of support.

Satsuma - my e/t was the 22nd April and my hospital told me to do a test 14 days later. If your e/t was the 20th then my hospital would have told you to test on Weds 4th??  By then you should have a genuine result I would have thought....but this is soooo hard.

I'm at work at the mo, but really struggling to concentrate.

Good luck everyone for the 6th (let's be honest the 5th  :))

I need the  ^police^

Catnap xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya

Mind if I join you?  My test day should be Saturday (close enough! he he)  I'm starting to get impatient now too!  But on the other hand I'm kinda scared to do the hpt just in case.  When my mum was having me she never showed positive on any hpt's and had to have a blood test to confirm - I keep telling myself that I'm different from my mum so this WILL work! he he  Mum could get pg, she just couldn't keep them - I couldn't even get to the first stage - hence ICSI!

The nurse at the hospital said to test on day 16 after e/t - has anybody else's hospitals told them to wait that long, or are you all testing on day 14?

Thanx

xx

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi !  How's everyone doing ?????  I bought a hpt at the weekend and am thinking of doing it tomorrow ! :-\  I'm scared to do it really incase the result comes out negative though !!!  Is anyone else planning to do a test before Friday ???  I got a first response one but others on the site seem to recommend clear blue but you cant use them until the day your periods due ?
I'm thankful to those who have written and said that you dont need to have implantation bleeding for it to have worked !  I have had no signs of it so far.  I do keep getting sort of cramping pains, not bad and not there all the time.  I have been light headed a couple of times but dont know if this means anything ???  Arrrgh, this waiting is a nightmare isn't it ??  I'm trying to keep positive but as the time is getting closer it is getting REALLY difficult !
Sending everyone tons of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ and lots and lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ and wishing catnap a  ^birthday^ for Thursday !!!  I bet I know what you want for your Birthday ?? Have a good one !

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hiya

Know exactly what you mean!!  I was thinking of doing one on Thursday (day 14), but DH keeps telling me that we're waiting until Saturday!! he he  Part of me will probably wait til Saturday as I'm too scared to do it at the moment!!!  ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ he he.

I too have been dizzy and getting achy feelings in the lower part of my belly - I keep telling myself it's Neo & Trin getting comfy!!  he he  I keep looking at pics of embies on the Internet to see what they look like!  ^confused^ ^confused^ ^confused^ ^confused^

I think this website is amazing & is a great help for everybody, but do you find, sometimes, when you hear about other people's BFN's you get a bit less positive?

xx

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.