Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had iui basting on Tuesday - now on lovely 2ww! 

This is my 4th iui.  Have decided to take the basting day & today off & back to work tomorrow (I'm a primary school teacher) - in the past have taken a week off but no pregnancy so think I'll try something different this time!

Good luck to anyone else on the 2ww - fingers crossed & sending tons of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jess x

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi Jess

I'm due to test on 25 July. Had puregon injections to develop one follicle. Had lots of scans and things worked out okay. Most probably ovulated on Saturday. Also on 2WW. Wonder why they told me to wait 16 days for the pregnancy test. Looks like you're testing earlier in your cycle. Think I'll feel very tempted to test early.

I'm also a primary school teacher! Am doing supply. Took a few days off when I had scans. Some days they let me come in late (I'm teaching reception in one school this half term.) We've only got this week and 4 days next week before summer holidays. I'm finding work is helping me get my mind off things.

Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hiya bluechirpy and jess,

I had iui yesterday (my 3rd go) and was told to wait until 27th to test but have decided to cheat a bit and do it earlier as my birthday is on 26th - can't face going all day not knowing  :)

I took day off yesterday and don't work thurs/fri so have had very short week which has been nice - i found i was really tired on basting day and just crashed out afterwards - maybe its the stress of it all??  Am going away to festival this weekend so that will help me to not think about it all for a few days.  Only worry is how to avoid beer tent - only a few people i'm going with know about ttc so others will wonder what's up!  Am eating healthy too so suppose i can just say i'm detoxing!

Good luck to us all,

Nixie x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi girls, my test date will be July 30th as et is tomorrow, seems like a alifetime to wait so have in vested in some of the early testing kits available on the net so means i have some idea around 25th26th same as you girlies. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

fingers xxxxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello everyone!

My test date is the 25th, but  probably won't get the results of the blood tests for a day or two after. I think, however, that I'll probably do a home test on the 25th, as I'm already going crazy!  ^idiot^  It's such a tormenting time, isn't it?  Hope you are all surviving the wait as best as you can - I've already swung from feeling positive to negative and back again so many times that I've lost count.

Sending you all positive vibes!  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Jayne

^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hi Jayne,
Thanks for the positive vibes, I think I could do with them. Surely you will get blood test results same day ?!? I am thinking about doing hpt too, as I am back to work next week, but am nervous and worried that I am tempting fate.

This is a tormenting time isn't it ?! I think I am going mad !  I have been up and down too ! Looking for symptoms, which is pointless, as any symptom it seems, can mean either AF is coming or PG  !  For last 3 days, on and off, have suffered AF type cramps, but no blood. I can feel fluttering inside, but I often feel this  during a medium/heavy period.

My test date is 20th, so I am in 2nd week, so not too much longer to go now.

Lots of positive vibes to all ladies in 2ww  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
36 Posts
HI All - can I join u

Had first IVF April this year - cancelled transfer - so 4 frozen.

All survived defrost had FET on 14th  (2 x 5 cell - but 2.5/3 in quality) Blood test due on 26th.

My aunt has just recieved positive BFN yesterday (her second ICSI).  So this should give us all hope.

I have been resting since transfer - DH hiding upstairs think he is sick of me ordering him around.  Although I am enjoying it and it lunchtime so I am about to shout him!

Named them TweedleDum and TweedleDee - been talking to them which is supposed to send good vibes.

Lets see what the next few weeks brings.

Thinking of you all.

Lizzie ^cat^

·
Registered
49 Posts
^idiot^is the name of the game. not long to go now Lorri but i know it will still feel like a life time. I feel too positive i think but my partner Terry and i have decide that we are pregnant until further notice, that way we are happy just knowing our embies and "baby" is there inside....even if only for 1-2 weeks.(just better than being a miserable moody cow like i was the last time)

Well done Lizzies i think i mis read your message but the bit about "hope" i take it it was a big fat postitive not a bfn ^idiot^ looks like the hormones have hold of you as well as me. ;D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looblyloo

Think your right - hormones all over a the moment.  I can confirm she had a BFP.

I think I am going to take a leaf out of your book - I am also pregnant until further notice. Well it is better to be hopeful than spent the next 10 days worrying.

Lizzie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ys i have been chatting to her, I totally understand where she is at right now with her anxiety but am sure she will be fine. Are you ywo very close? must be really difficult for you babe, to be happy for her, yet envious and miserable at same time i guess. at leats thats how i was with my ex sister in law before i had my boys, yet felt same with my future neice(in law) despite her having tried for 6 years since her first son. awful to feel those things but natural enough. chin up... :'(

·
Registered
49 Posts
^idiot^ this wait is killing me.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hi Loobyloo,
Its rubbish isn't it !  It doesn't get any easier the further you get into it, though you become a little more relaxed about coughing and sneezing etc.

Keep thinking positive thoughts  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
49 Posts
:) its seems to e going quicker this time, not sure if thats because when i feel negative and think hurry up next lot of treatment or because when i feel positive i dont need to be calender watching. i think once the weekend is over an af has not arrived as early as last time i will be more relaxed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My test date is 28th July and I feel completely and utterly normal for the first time in weeks whcih I can't thinking is not a good sign. Also I have had one successful ICSI before and funnily enough cannot remember exactly how I felt then.

All the best to you all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi!
Hope you don't mind me joining in.. My testing date is next Friday 29th and I feel that the days are going backwards.. particularly my time at work seems to be very slow.  Have kept it quiet this time around and finding it quite difficult to avoid certain activites that call for lifting / extensive travel etc, however the pain of having to tell all around me that my result was negative last time, has put me off letting anyone else know than the bare minimum this time..

I'm fascinated by the range of symptoms / side effects that each of us has - apparently not necesarily linked to the final result.. I have my fingers crossed for all of you! :)

Maria

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hi girls,
Thought I'd join in here too - am testing around 29/7 subject to AF not arriving before that. AF is due to come on Monday so just hope it stays at bay!
Hello other Maria - looks like we've got the same initials and are testing around the same time - how weird is that?!?!
Gisela - don't worry I don't have any symptoms either, other than the delightful side-effects of HRT and cyclogest!
Maria x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm testing on Monday 25th...have been fairly strong up until today, when we were moving office at work, and I let myself be pressurized into lifting a couple of boxes. (Not too heavy - wouldn't have given it a second thought normally, but now...) Feel like an idiot. Also DH is pushing me to get on a tube on bomb-day to meet him at the cinema...just know I will spend two hours standing in rush hour tunnel. Aaaargh. Am I being over-sensitive? Or a bloody pushover?
I've got to the point of worrying over EVERYTHING - even the fact that I've had no implantation bleeding at all. Has anyone ever had a BFP without a bleed? Sorry for this stream of consciousness!
Love and hugs to you all.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seven days to go and I'm having very vivid dreams at night and waking up and not going back to sleep for ages. In the dead of the night I can convinve myself that I am (don't dare say the word) simply becasue I feel it. And then during the day I undo that by convincing myself that I can't possibly get a positive for non-medical reasons such as: at the clinic there's an entrance with a big arch and a littel arch and I always go through the little arch at the side except one time I was in a hurry and went through the big arch which must have an effect. Does anyone else think like that or is ti just me!

All the best to everyone else!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.