Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I had my embryos put back in on tuesday (at the ARGC) and am now trying to occupy myself.....Is anyone else due to test around the same time? What are you doing to occupy yourselves?

I am getting very bored and nursemaid husband is being remarkably patient.

I'm due at the ARGC to test on Sunday 28th. I have a feeling that this site is going to help me keep some sanity over the next week or so!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there

My test is on bank hol Monday.  I am going crazy, my boobs are so sore and I keep getting stomach pain so I'm thinking I'm gonna come on any minute and then when I don't feel anything at all I think that the embryos must not have taken.  This is the longest 2ww of my life.

Feel free to email me as I need to talk to someone too to keep my mind occupied.  At least at work it takes your mind off it but when you are home you are constantly thinking about it.  My fetish at the moment is watching all the TestTube Baby programmes on sky.  Which is actually on at 7.30 tonight sad or what.

Let me know if you want to chat. ^fairydust^

Niki

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello, i am due to test on the bank holiday. had ET yeaterday but the cramps that i'm having are terrible. they feel worse than period pains. can't really relax properly becuse of them. is it the pessaries causing this pain? due to go back to work on monday and it will be nice to think about something else.very nervous.
lots of good wishes go out to you all who are testing around this time
claryx

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
im due to test on the 26th so a few days before you-but the 2ww wait is awfull. my partner is so calm and isnt impatient like me and i wish i was more like this.  some 2ww go really well but this one is taking forever.

i also sit and watch sky, discovery home and health, all the baby programs to pass the time and sit and imagine me with my very own child..... knicker checking all the time, thinking af is about to come, o its all a nightmare!

i hope you get the result you and you dp are hoping for,  ^goodluck^

bendybird.x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice to know I'm not the only one.  Got to go Test Tube babies is gonna start in a mo.

Looking forward to weekend where I can think about 2ww even more (not)

Speak to you all soon

Byeee ^2ww^ ^2ww^ ^2ww^

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Niki - It would be good to chat - I've been signed off work for 2 weeks so am climbing the walls. Not sure how to exchange e-mail addresses as I know they won't display them on the main page. Do you know?

The only thing I'm managing not to obsess about is looking for spotting. I've had 2 bio-chemical pg in the past :(, one with implantation beeding, one without. The nurse at the clinic said that this is perfectly normal as no 2 pg are the same. The bleeding was exactly like the start of my period so try not to panic if this happen to you... (yeah right). Not sure what else to look for. The other main symptom I had in the past was really sore boobs but the Cyclogest is causing that anyway.

I've been trying really hard not to watch Test Tube Babies as it isn't helping the rollercoaster but I don't see me sticking to that

Loads of positive thoughts to everyone

ruddles  xx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
I'm due to test on Sat 27th - a whole 16 days after ET - doesn't that seem a bit late to you? Apparently it's to avoid any false positives...
Am feeling ok at the mo, but I think the 2nd week will be the worst.
I'm also an avid Test tube baby fan, although I think they need to film some new programmes, I must've watched them all 3 times! I've discovered another one called Baby Lab which is set in the states and is an hour long, perfect!

Be positive everyone!
Px

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi girls

I'm testing on Sat, 27th. Don't know what to expect. Will just have to wait and see. Easier said than done!

We've still quite a way to go. Haven't we? Yes, it's the second week where we start looking for signs.

^fairydust^ to all Bank holiday weekend girls!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi All, just joined site today -  had my one miracle transferred on Tuesday morning, doing test on Tuesday 30th.  feeling lonely and desperate and like I should be doing something like rubbing some miracle cream onto my tummy.  This is my third and final attempt, this time I only had one egg, everyone says "oh well you only need one!" Phoned clinic on Monday afternoon and it hadn't started dividing so had frantic evening and had to ring clinic on Tuesday to find out how it was.  It had only divided twice but they went for it anyway. 

I get very confused, some clinics tell you not to move after ET others say go about your normal business.  What are we supposed to do???  I read an American site and the lady stayed at the clinic for two hours then taken by wheelchair to her car, where the seat was layed flat, once home she had to lay in that position for 24 hours.  How can they all be so different?

Anyone fancy a chat?????

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Donna

I had my transfer on the same day as you. Equally confused at the mixed advice on what to do whilst waiting. I can only pass on what Mr Taranissi at the ARGC said to me (and with his success rates at nearly 60% I'm not going to argue...). I was not allowed to move a muscle for nearly 10 minutes after the emrbyos went in (I was really lucky and had 2 at 6 and 8 cells respectively). I was then asked to sit in the waiting room for half an hour before getting in the car to go home. Beyond that I was told to go from bed to sofa to garden and nothing else until next week and even then nothing more than a gentle walk to the shops until i test (on the 28th)

Hope this helps but there is loads of conflicting advice out there. The only thing I can say is that on one of occasions I had an early mc, the week when the embyro would have implanted I was on holiday, throwing myself around in the pool and drinking loads of wine so the body is obviously more ressilliant than we give it credit!

If you want to chat on this let me know - I'm off work so have time to kill!

Stay positive

Ruddles  x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lizzy

thanks for adopting me on to the main thread  - shall post on there from now on!

Ruddles x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All

Nice to hear everyones stories and you are all feeling the same emotions.  I was told to rest and not to anything too strenuous like going to the gym but wasn't told to take time off work.  I must admit I've been trying to carry on as normal because at least at work you can forget about it for 7 hrs.

I'm still trying not to panic.  I've had really bad stomach the last couple of days and my my boobs are ready to pop!  I keep saying to my hubby are they getting bigger but he says he can't tell. Men eh!  They spends most of their lives looking at womens boobs and then when you ask em' for an honest opinion they can't give you on.  Bless em.  We are on the downhill stretch from this weekend ladies.

I've got my fingers crossed for everyone.  Let's keep in touch as its doing me a world of good to listen to what you are up to.

P.S  Which channel is Baby Lab on???!!!

Hoping to hear from you soon

^banana^

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

Can't believe there's only a week left to go....

The Baby lab is on Discovery health - same as test tube babies - but not sure what day or how often, I've only seen two so far...

I'm a bit worried at the mo, I've had a headache the last couple of days, just like the ones I normally get before or during my period, so that's got me thinking that it's around the corner. If only I can get to test day without any show of AF... seems like a tall order!

Got to be positive though
Px

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Pups

I've had a headache too for the last two days.  I don't normally get one before AF so not sure whether I should take this as a good sign ???

I daren't take any tablets though just in case it harms in anyway. 

Niki
x ^goodluck^

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm 5 days behind you, my transfer was yesterday.  Bought 25 sticks off internet and will probably start testing on Sunday though I'm not due my official blood test until Tuesday after B/H.  Nerve racking time...  Let's keep in touch, Mandy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.