Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2566 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Hi,  Anyone out there from Brighton and surrounding areas?  It's a bit lonely on here.

^bye^

N xx

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hello to you too! I am in worthing....only recently joined FF and not had the courage to post much yet!! :)

Not been on the county boards yet and didn't want to butt into people's conversations but would love to chat with some other sussex folks.

I'm just starting out really, TTC 2 years but am nearly 37 so now waiting for referral to Esperance. Seems daft when Agora is down the road, but hey, the logic of PCT funding!

Take care  ;)

fizzgig xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey there!  I'm out in the Brighton area, waiting to get the go ahead to start a cycle at the Agora.  It is frustrating having other health issues on top of IF, but life wasn't meant to be easy.  ;) 

Fizzgig - I started out at the Esperance for my NHS freebie, the nurses are really nice there so you should be well taken care of.  I don't think the Agora has an NHS contract to do IVF yet, although I think they do the IUI's for the area.  I got an appointment at the Esperance about a month after the referral went out, so at least there isn't the long waiting list you hear about from other PCT's.

Jenny

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya!!!
I'm also a sussex girlie - just got my first appoint date with DR Youssef at Crawley. We've had our diagnosis through bupa already (will need ICSI IVF due to low sperm count) so have been waiting (what seems endlessly!!) to switch over to NHS for tx - 12th May is our first appoint to see him so any excited and nervous and anxious and happy and lots of other emotions that we can actually get the ball rolling on the treatment side of things....

Hi Fizzjig - any news on an appoint date yet? Wishing you lots of luck that it happens quickly- sure it will

Hi Jenny - hoping things are going smoothly

Hi W8!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Fizzgig - Lovely to hear from you. I hope the referral comes quickly for you. I'm sure once it does, things will get moving for you. I've heard lots of good reports about the esperance. Keep me posted on any updates.

Hi Jennybob - Really hope you get the news you want to hear soon. Would be lovely to be cycle buddies.

Hi Louise - Lets hope the 12th May comes soon. Any questions about IVF/ICSI i'm happy to help if I can.

Me - 36, Married for 2 1/2 years. TTC 2 years. Had ICSI last July and fell pregnant, but sadly the baby was diagnosed with a severe abnormality. We were faced with the heart-breaking decision to terminate. We found outn that she was a girl and we called her Poppy. We cremated her at Woodvale, Brighton. I am hoping to start the next cycle of treatment at the end of May. We are going to the Agora.

Lots of love to all

W8 x x  ^hugme^

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hello im here as well. We are hopefully starting IVF again at the end of may at SEFC after losing my twin boys Jake and ben at 18 weeks last may.

W8 - Hello hun looks like we will both be going through treatment around the same time. Will have to get your number to give each other some support. R u going to MAPS next month. I realised it was you when reading your signature.

Hello to everyone else, look forward to chatting to you all.

Hayley x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Hayley, I think we used to be at the Esperance together.  I was so heartbroken for you when I heard your sad news. 

Louise - good luck with your appointment.  It is almost surreal when you actually start going through a cycle, but I always am happier when I am cycling as at least that means that I'm doing something.

W8 - I'll be thinking of you next month.  Why is it so hard for us to have kids????

I think I might have gotten an approval to go ahead with a cycle.  I have a mild case of multiple schlerosis (MS) and my neurologist is supposed to give me approval to start fertility treatment again.  I emailed him yesterday about this, and he implied in his response that my case is not urgent so he can't see me until August, which I think means that I'm fine to proceed.  YEAH!!!!!  I just need to go back to Mr Howell now and explain everything to him, and remind him that women with MS get pg everyday, it is just bad luck that we have fertility issues and MS.

Jenny

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi W8  ^hello^
I'm in Brighton, in the middle of my first IVF cycle at the Esperance (one free go from the NHS).
Just about to start stimming tomorrow!
What are you up to?
KPx

·
Registered
27 Posts
W8, Hayely - I can't even begin to imagine how very sad  that must have been for you both, you are both so very amazingly brave xx and W8 thanks for the offer of guidance on the icsi ivf - i will most defintely be picking your brains as i get going!

Hi Jenny -look forward to chatting to you, so pleased to hear that you are able to get going again wishing you lots of luck

KP - hello and hope you are feeling ok

May I ask a few of you have already been through cycles how you find things with your other halves? I haven't started any tx yet but through diagnosis stages my DH has had moments of being amazing and other times where I don't think he gets my desire and drive to start a family. I almost think its like I think about having a baby everyday and him just some days.....

Louisex

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hayley - will send you my no on PM. Not sure if gonna go to the next maps meeting. I dont feel i need to go now every month. Depends on how my mood's been and with starting treatment soon think i'll leave it a month or two. Isn't Pam just brillant though! I know if ever couldn't cope i could phone her anytime. I'm always telling people how amazing she is. So not long to go till both start again. Will be great to be cycle buddies. I think it will be quite comforting.

KP - Good to hear from you. Hows it all going so far? Are you on the long or short protocol? I was on the long protocol where i took Buserelin with 450 of gonal f for about 8 days then had to take  menopur with the gonal f for another 7 days then had transfer.  Hope your feeling well. I was quite lucky i didn't experience any side effects. Am hoping to start end of May. Have got an appointment at Agora tomorrow with the nurses to go through injection training and hopefully get some dates. Is your profile picture taken  at the race for life? was hoping to have a go this year, but not sure where i'll be with treatment. Where you at in Brighton?. Any questions, anything your not sure about just ask. I think this site is great. When i had my last treatment didn't know about fertility friends. It's great that you've always got someone to talk to.

Hello Louise- How long have you been together? Perhaps he just doesn't show his emotions as much as you, as he's trying to remain calm and strong to help you get through it. I know that my husband is as desperate as me to have a child but  he doesnt feel as though he always needs to show me. It has been quite difficult for us too as we have only recently moved to sussex and don't have many people to call upon, so we have  had to help each other out. This can sometimes put a strain on our relationship but most of the time things are good. Any questions on ICSI am happy to help. Have got my appointment tomorrow with the nurses to go through my injection training. Hoping to start my second ICSI end of May.

Love w8 xx ^bye^

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi ladies....though I guess most of you have been sensible and gone to bed by now!!

Lovely to hear from some other southern gals and so sorry to hear the heartbreaking stories that some of you have experienced - big hugs to all. ^hugme^

Still waiting for appt at esperance to come through, jennybob thanks for info that it shouldn't take too long. I am one of those people who want things yesterday alas, patience is not one of my many talents!! ::)

Reagarding other halves - mine has been amazing so far, though he thinks I am a bit of a sucker for all the books, monitors and megavitamins that I have started buying. Our biggest problem is going to be that he has a job that he is simply not going to be able to take leave from at short notice for clinic appts etc - not quite sure what we'll do really. Not really something men want to admit to to their work colleagues either.

Good luck to everyone with treatments - hey at least the weather is picking up a bit....

fizzgig xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey ladies, I hope everyone is doing well!  Boo hiss on the rain this morning, I was having a good hair day until then.  ;D

I know what you mean by patience Fizzgig, I think I'm finally starting to develop some, but not out of choice!  ;D  I always feel better when I going through a cycle as at least I'm moving forward. 

With regards to OH's, mine is usually good, although IF has put a strain on our relationship and I found that we sometimes have to work harder on it.  I used to think he should know when I'm upset and immediately do something to comfort me, and get annoyed with him when he didn't read my signals correctly.  Now I tell him when I'm upset and tell him to comfort me, that way there are no crossed wires or second guessing.  ;)  But, I have given up the idea that my OH would learn about different treatments, diets, etc., I have several IF books that he will never look at.  It used to frustrate me, but I think he would just rather be told what is happening and the rest of the time pretend that everything is fine (kind of like putting his hands over his ears and saying "la la la, this is not happening").  Having said that, he is instrumental sometimes - if I need advice then he is willing to voice his opinion, and when I start going OTT with my negative emotions, he tries to quickly qualm them down.  I'm sometimes envious of guys that really get into IF solutions, and willingly look up things and go on different diets without ever being nagged, and get into conversations about the different treatments, etc., but my OH is not one of those guys.

Jenny

·
Registered
27 Posts
We've been together 5 yrs - he is amazing don't get me wrong - I think it may just come down to the fact I think about having a baby everyother minute and him just once a week!! As IF is due to low sperm count he has been brilliant and given up drinking and taking about 9 supplements a day (bless him!) but like your OH Jenny is does kinda feel I'm the one driving that side forward but I guess I often expect him to know excately how I'm feeling with out saying much....hey not that I'm high maintenance  ;D

W8 - good luck on injection training!

Hoping this rain clears up!!

Louisex

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello ladies!
Good Luck for injection training W8.  I find a couple of deep breaths do the trick.  Luckily I have lots of padding on my tummy so can heartily pinch and inch!  Yes, my pic is at Race for LIfe last year on the SUnday.  Won't be doing it this year as following Zita West's advice and no exercise just a bit of light yoga - feeling very flabby!  I live in 7 Dials with DH and and cat. Good lUck with your tx - I'm at the Esperance as they do the NHS for Brighton, so it's a bit of a schlep!

I'm on the Long protocol, I start my first stimming injection tonight, relieved that the burselin dose has gone down, so the headaches have subsided (but not the hot flushes).

On the subject of OHs response to treatment, I think mine finds it difficult becuase he feels so helpless and can't  physically do anything (except pretend to be the doctor and prepare the injections). Especially as he has male factors and I think feels responsible that I am having pins stuck in me.  A bit of denial when it came to giving up drinking etc. but he got there in the end and now is a acohol free Becks guy with a rattling tum from all the supplements I forcefeed him!

Love
Kpx

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi girls,

Yay! Got my dates for treatment should be starting May 19th. Long protocol.

Kp - I live in the dials too.  perhaps could meet up for coffee sometime? Good luck with the stimming.

Have just booked a weekend away at a spa in East Grinstead - we're going a few days before Poppys due date and just b4 treatment. really looking forward to it.

Bye for now.

Love w8

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me again!

By the way, if anyone wants to meet up for coffee\wine and chat (whereever you are! :)) we also have a meet up once a month or so in Brighton.

Luv w8

xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alexander house? Its devine there! you'll love everyminute and get the well deserved relax you need.
19th May will zoom round!

Lx

·
Registered
77 Posts
That sounds lovely W8!  I hope you have wonderful time and it will get you in the right frame of mind for the next cycle.

I have gotten a reluctant all clear from my neurologist, so I've booked an appointment with Mr Howell for tomorrow, and hopefully I will be DR very soon!  I'm very excited, but very nervous as I know mentally I'm putting a lot into this cycle as I know I can't have many more (the MS drugs that my neurologist wants me to take cause mc's, so are not compatable with pregnancy, which is very annoying, plus these drugs work better the quicker you are on them). 

Kaypea - I know what you mean by feeling flabby, between not doing as much exercise during a cycle in combination with hormones, I always feel as if I let myself go a bit during treatment.  I do love Yoga though, and try to do a small bit each week.  Good luck with the stimming!  I'm glad those headaches have gone away.

I think my OH also feels a bit guilty as well, and he has only told his immediate family that our IF is male factor, as pp said, it's not somethings guys really like to talk about....

Good luck everyone!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Morning sussex! Just a quickie before I dash off (late) to work - this site is addictive...

Jennybob - fab news from your neuro consultant, really good luck with that. Having to deal with MS on top of everything else must be hugely draining.

I've now got Marilyn Glenvilles book as well as Zita West, I just have to feel I'm doing something while I'm waiting, but lordy, it'd be a full time job doing everything they suggest!!! I now have some fancy megavits that are turning my urine a very eyecatching shade of chernobyl yellow.

It does worry me that they both say FSH over 10 is bad news though, cos mine was 10.7 and then 12 six months later. Do any of you ladies who've been through treatments - especially at esperance - know what that might mean for us? :-\

hope you all have a good day

xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's me again!  I just got back from the Agora and have been given the all clear to start DR a week from Saturday!  Yippie!  There aren't many times in my life that I actually am excited about stabbing myself.  ;D

Fizzgig - good luck with getting an appointment soon, it is so hard to wait!  The Marilyn Glenville is a pretty good book, although I'm selective about what bits I follow.  I've never read the Zita West one, but I've heard other ladies rave about it.  One book I did find to be good is Conquering Infertility by Alison Domar as she looks more at the pyschological issues around IF.  I'm sorry that your FSH is high, but please don't despair.  I have a friend with a high FHS but managed to get pg on her third IUI (after 11 years of ttc'ing).  I don't know what it means in terms of protocols though.

How's the stimming Kaypea?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 - 20 of 2566 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.