Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just had my first cycle of IVF, 6 Eggs only 2 fert,  Menepur dose increased during stimms as not responding.  Does any one know that if i have to start cycle again and Menepur is started higher initially, am i likely to get more eggs next time.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hello
I can only answer from my own experiences, but on my first ICSI cycle I started on 2 vials of menopur. I was put up to 3 vials part way through as was not responding as quick as I should (stimmed 11 days in total),  and I then got 8 eggs, 6 of which fertilised.

On my second ICSI cycle they started me on 3 vials of menopur and I stayed on 3 all the way through (stimmed 10 days). They got 11 eggs, but only 5 of them fertilised - however I got my BFP on this cycle.

I would think they would start you on a higher dose  next time (if you need another go that is!). They start you as low as they can on the first cycle to make sure you aren't going to overstimulate and get OHSS as they don't know how you will react.

Good luck
Karen
xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

If you had to have your dose increased then it's likely that if you have another treatment cycle that they'll start you off on the higher dose and then adjust it from there.

I responded a little slower than they'd have liked on our first IVF so after first scan I had dose increased and I ended up with lots more follies and a good number of eggs.  When I started 2nd IVF, I started on the higher dose and ended up responding really well so having to have dose dropped right down as risk of OHSS.  The next 2 IVFs I've again been started on mid-high doses and have the doses tweaked...and I've got really good numbers of eggs collected (and risk of OHSS again but never full blown, thankfully)

So as you can see, there really is no way of knowing what can happen as each cycle is different.

It's quality over quantity though so better to have less eggs and good quality rather than lots of eggs and perhaps not so good quality.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts