Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1483 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ahh that sounds so horrid molly, hope you get resolved soon. Thinking of you  xxx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh Mollly, what a nightmare!! Am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. I really hope they find the location soon and then you'll be able to make plans to get back on track again. Thinking of you and I hope things get better soon. 

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Molly im so sorry for the terrible time your having.
Also the stress of getting such a mix of opinions on what the situation is from your clinic then the epu. That can't be helping matters.
I hope your being kind to yourself. Thinking of u at this difficult time  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks everyone I appreciate the support. Well I finally had a miscarriage on Monday although they are still not officially diagnosing it! Having a scan today so hopeful that will now show an empty uterus and if my HCG levels are coming down they should be happy! It’s been quite a traumatic few weeks I have to admit but hoping I can finally get closure on it and then begin the healing process! Booked a holiday to Italy so hopefully that will help!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello Molly, just read through and I am so sorry for what you're going through.  I remember the time I had a BFN but I suppose that is entirely different.  Hugs to you. ^hugme^  I hope you have a fantastic time in Italy dear.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
How did today go molly?
X

·
Registered
377 Posts
The sac has gone and my HCG levels are coming down so that’s good news (although that feels a very wrong way to put it!). I feel much better today after a couple of days of cramping. Just need to take a pregnancy test in 3 weeks and hopefully it’s negative and I can think about the next steps. All feels incredibly unfair but as usual I’ll pick myself up and try again! At least I got pregnant which I was starting to think wouldn’t happen.

Thanks for much everyone for your support. Molly. xx

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Huge hugs molly
Im glad that this didn't drag on. But it hardly makes things better does it. Im keeping everything crossed that its not long before your luck turns a long awaited corner.
Time to look after yourself till your ready to take the next steps. You can never have too much self care i think on this journey.
That's why i was never 1 for following dietary voodos such as cutting out wine, chocolate and coffee.
It doesn't make a blind difference to our 'egg quality' and treating ourselves is essential to surviving this journey
Take care and have a lovely holiday xx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Molly - good to hear it is coming to an end but as you say it's all pretty unpleasant and seems very unfair. Agree on taking some time out and looking after yourself to grieve the whole process. A holiday will be great to get away from it all and enjoy all the things Italy has to offer like great food and wine!! Enjoy the hols!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi everyone, gosh it feels like a long time since I was active on here and i'm rejoining with a mixture of joy and trepidation! I spent a good few months/years using this thread for support and it's strange being back.  I had a son in Feb 2016 (donor sperm/DH sertoli cell only) and am so grateful.  Decided to use our one frozen embryo in the hope for a sibling.  No idea how a FET works as not had one before and am not sure of our chances of it working but going to give it a try.  We were in the position of only having to do one round of ICSI (I feel bad almost saying that!) so I can't imagine we'd be so lucky has to have our one and only embryo work!  I only managed to have one frozen out of 8 eggs retrieved so not a lot of back up.  Also not sure what will happen if it doesn't work... will we go through it all again or be happy with our lot? I hadn't realised how anxious I was until I just wrote that!
Anyway just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and generally get some support again and support you lovely people! I will also hop over to the FET threads.  I need to brush up on my acronyms again!
Molly sorry to read of your experiences  ^hugme^

·
Registered
504 Posts
Also wanted to say, anyone else in Australia? I'm in Victoria at the moment in Geelong (from Bristol originally).  My embryo is in Sydney so there are a few logistics involved - luckily the border is now open, I wanted to start earlier this year but wasn't to be.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Wilberdoo,

You just never know, there’s nothing to say it won’t work! Just take it step by step and make the decisions that feel right for you! I find FETs much easier although I do natural ones so there’s really not much to them!!

So I have got back on the horse and today had a day 6 hatching blastocyst transferred. My last one (although I know I won’t give up after this one just yet!). Fingers crossed we have a happy end to 2020.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Molly xxx

·
Registered
504 Posts
HI Everyone,
Wilderdoo-Welcome back. I had 2 sons in 2016 and also had a long break from the website but back again since Oct. We had some frosties abroad and I thought its now or never as I'm not getting any younger. We have no 3 on board now ( will be our first biological one together ) ... i'm 10 wks pregnant , still nervous but wish you every success with your treatment and whatever you decide. I found going through it all again really tough , maybe its my age or having been through so much the first time , felt like years and years of trying ... but maybe it'll all be worth it if this one hangs on and we get our happy ending.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Thought I'd just jump on and say  ^hello^ ^wave^ to all you veterans  ;D

Triona wow congrats!hope all is going well and heres to an uneventful 9 months -or how ever long u have left

Wilberdoo I'm in a similar situation 2 u.  Just 1 lonely frostie left . Itll be a while before I'll be using it but already my thoughts are racing ahead ..its the only chance of a genetic sibling for our boy and I'll be heartbroken if ,when we eventually transfer, it doesn't work out.

Molly best of luck for this 2ww you really deserve this . I'm hoping so much that this is your long awaited xmas miracle

Love 2 u all  ^Heart^

·
Registered
377 Posts
Today I got a BFP on a clearblue digital! The words feel somewhat more real than a faint second line! Just praying this little one sticks around. xxx

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi all!

Didn't realise there were replies, not getting notifications!

Oooh Molly congrats, fingers crossed it all goes well
..and Triona congratulations!

Hi Wilberwoo! When do you start treatment?

AFM, after a loooooong covid wait we're due to start IUI at my next cycle. Which actually wont be next cycle due to Christmas. It took us a while to decide whether to have another due to likely PND and our first having the most terrible sleep (much better now, only wakes once or twice haha! but climbs in with us and we don't even notice  ;D ). Decided on 'Super ovulation' IUI as that worked on second cycle last time (thanks for your replies about this on my last post!). Will be paying the time so trying to source the cheapest meds! The clinic can arrange it but the nurse suggested we shop around! Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
377 Posts
So I’ve had my 7 week scan and once again it’s not a viable pregnancy. I’m heartbroken, there must be something really wrong with me. Now I have to go through the wait and miscarriage all over again. xx

·
Registered
116 Posts
Goodness molly so so so sorry to hear this. I can’t remember your history of reasons why non viable pregnancies... but have you thought about using a surrogate if it is for example your womb? Or donor embryos.. just trying to think of ways to get to the end game. Thinking about you, what a rubbish time for it to come at Christmas xxx

1421 - 1440 of 1483 Posts