Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1484 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Oh molly I'm so upset for u. I'd been awaiting your update looking out for news.  This is beyond cruel. U must be devastated.
Lots of love and support from all of us here whove ridden the waves of this journey.
Please tell yourself there WILL be answers and u WILL get there
(((((Lots of hugs coming your way)))))))

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Oh Molly that is beyond cruel. They have to do it xmas day....? Your right its nothing but salt in the wound.
I hope you can get some much needed rest and recovery over the xmas break.  Use covid as the perfect excuse not to see people u dont want to.
You will come  back fighting I'm sure .  Dont worry about your exact next steps for now. Just try and beleive that u WILL get there xx

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thank you, hard to think there’s ever going to be a happy ending for us at the moment but everything is so raw still. They wanted me back yesterday for a scan but we agreed I could go today in the end. They can’t rule out that’s it ectopic but it’s very unlikely. My HCG levels are still rising but obviously not enough. I expect similar timescales to last time but I just hope the miscarriage comes quickly. The waiting for it to happen is torture! xx

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
((((((Hugs molly)))))))
I've been there too. When I never believed things would work out.after so many setbacks.

PM me anytime. My inbox is always open xx

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi ladies
So sorry molly to hear your news  :( how are you doing?  ^hugme^
I’m on day 12 of my cycle, second blood test and first scan tomorrow. I think all being well transfer will be day 19, so next Thursday  ^pray^ god I’m so nervous and emotional about it all - my one little embie gets to see if it can survive thawing and I hope it works. I think my body will be ok, but still nervous about lining being ok. No meds other than a trigger and lovely progesterone pessaries. Feels too easy.
What isn’t easy was getting the scan! I did my ivf in Sydney at IVF Australia and they said I could do all prep at my local - ish Melbourne ivf clinic, then travel to Sydney for transfer. FOund out this morning the clinic only does scans on certain days so mad panic today trying to find someone to do it tomorrow whilst trying to find someone to drop my son at school and work out logistics. Ended up travelling 1.5 hours after work tonight to stay in a hotel near a clinic who can do my scan and bloods  to make it in time for the early appt time.
Those people who can just have sex and get pregnant **** me off! It’s so bloody hard! And I’ve had it pretty easy... well except all the donor poop, DH  affair etc  ;D far out ! Sorry for the rant - long day

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I hear you willbereoo

I've struggled today alot after hearing of DPs colleague who's having a honeymoon baby.
Fertile people intrigue and infuriate me.
I almost see them as another species entirely!

Exciting that you'll very soon be welcoming that frostie home!

Molly how are u?  Xx

·
Registered
504 Posts
So scan good - I’m at 9mm - and blood test fine after more admin drama. I ended up in tears in the toilet at the hospital, it’s so bloody complicated here in Melb! Due another scan and bloods on Monday then will hopefully find out about trigger and transfer date. Fingers crossed all good on Monday and our embie is ok 😳 rahhh it’s so stressful!

K jade big love to you! Bloody honeymoon babies. I remember my brother in law had the same, it was very very frustrating and upsetting  ^hugme^

On a more upbeat note, I love how ff changes swear words to Widdle and poop  ;D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey guys
This cycle feels a bit doomed, more fun and games getting a scan today, I’m missing so much work and getting so stressed which isn’t good! Ended up in tears at the imaging clinic again.
Sonographer said I had no lead follicle yet - I’m day 16 - not sure what this means, will it grow, am I not going to ovulate? Will my cycle get cancelled? Urgh  it’s so Hard, waiting for my consultant to call. I’m pretty sure I normally ovulate by now each month as I get pain and other symptoms but not had that this month 🤷‍♀️
Anyone else had a natural FET shed any light?
I thought we would do the transfer on day 19 so maybe that will get pushed out now as have a 5 day blastocyst.... I think they would try and transfer 5 days from ovulation?
Sorry for all the questions just needed to vent!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Ahhh wilberdo sorry you've hit some bumps.

U are doing FET right?
Not sure follicles r needed..I thought they were just looking for thick lining?? Ovaries need to be quiet surely? However maybe I'm wrong as I'm a while outta the game..

Oh unless your doing natural unmedicated FET?? Then yes I guess they're looking for a follie

Yes with a day 5 embie transfer between days 19 and 21

Worse comes to the wort can u call it off and go again once AF comes? Know that's not what u want and beleive me I found cancelled cycles one of the hardest parts of the whole process

Remember that beautiful frostie is safe and waiting till your ready. I'd say worth getting the conditions perfect before transferring

Xx

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks KJ! Yes natural FET. Apparently the sonographer was wrong and I’d already ovulated; she told me I definitely hadn’t 🤷‍♀️
So anyway all ok, start pessaries today and transfer is on Saturday - day 21. I’ve ovulated so no need even for the trigger shot. Lining good at 10mm so seems like we are good to go. We fly to Sydney tomorrow - just need corona cases to not do anything crazy in that time. We have very few cases here but when we do get one they clamp down hard - it’s good but not for interstate travel! I imagine anyone doing treatment overseas from the uk experiences the same - so hard!

I felt physically ill today, it’s been so stressful doing treatment interstate. I get to do bloods on Friday at my actual clinic and it feels so much better! I took most of the day off work to sleep and have a bath. Luckily I have a lovely team and a very understanding employer!

COME ON FROSTIE!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey all.

Molly, I hope you're doing OK.

Wilberwoo, sounds really stressful. Adding covid on top is just awful right now. I hope it all works out for you.

I'm on day 13 post medicated IUI, so 15 days after trigger shot. I ended up with too many large follicles so decided to pay for a reduction instead of abandoning the cycle. We had enough of the same donor sperm (that helped make our son) left for 3 cycles so we paid for a 3 cycle package but meds on top = £££ so I don't know if we could afford to pay any more or even if the donor is still donating. Cant see him on the website we used. Obviously incredibly lucky to have our son but still hoping for the second baby. Anyway, I stupidly tested yesterday and possibly got a very faint line. I am trying to remain calm but keep wiping every 5 mins as I am getting twinges and ever the pessimist I won't let myself get my hopes up. I thought I was coming on my period on Sunday due to some spotting which stopped but then started again and stopped. I don't remember that happening with my other IUIs, failed or successful. I'm trying not to google a load, and even worried I'm jinxing things by typing here and letting the world (of donor insemination  ^idiot^ ) know. Will proper test tomorrow with my last test. I wish I'd not been a cheapskate and just bought a digital one!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Yay amazing louise!!!!  I'll be watching eagerly waiting for that BFP !sound like you've got it in the bag though!!

Wilberdo glad cycle is back on track.  Time to get this show on the road.And hope the Sydney trip is as stress free as possible.

God this is making me broody now.
I have 1 frostie and no idea how/when /if I can use it.
My boy is full on. I may have to wait till hes in school.

Keeping everything crossed for both of u xx

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks so much KJade! I do hope so. Since posting i've checked once more and till getting occasional twinges. I know it sounds stupid but even if the 2nd or 3rd was successful I just want it over with NOW as with covid and work (some extra responsibilities i agreed to which I'd bloody rather not do and the sooner im pregnant the easier it is to say actually no thanks) it's just extra stressful. I know what you mean, my boy is 3 and a bit and full on loopy. If we get success with treatment I would be on maternity leave until around the time he starts school but I'd totally put him in pre school for an extra day with a second child. He loves it so i wouldn't feel bad  ;D

Would you need to go abroad for further treatment?
When's school ?  ;D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well.. definitely a positive. Surprised this even happened first time. Not feeling that excited though as have ongoing cramps. Definitely don't remember this with my son. No further spotting though. Also trying not to get too worried either. I think last time I was pregnant and had our son I didn't let myself get too excited which wasn't that helpful as for so long I think I kept pushing any emotion aside in case it didn't work out. Fingers crossed! Have scanned booked for end of the month. Later than I'd hoped but didn't want to be potentially feeling like crap on my mum's birthday, so first day of eased lockdown it is.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Yes amazing news louise !!!!! ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^
Enjoy the sickness! Xx

·
Registered
504 Posts
Woo hoo congratulations Louise  ^BFP^ ^congrats^ ^jumpin^

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thankyou! It's still not sinking in. Ahh, the sickness! I never got an ounce of sickness with my son, no cravings, nothing. It was weird. Apart from getting big there were zero signs I was pregnant, I never even struggled with my bladder and so never got up in the night for a wee. Not had any symptoms with this one so far. I feel like I'm massively complaining and being ungrateful or something, I don't mean to sound that way. I struggled with post natal mood stuff after he was born and I don't think it helped that I never really fully let myself get excited or appreciated my pregnancy as it felt so unreal after 4 + years of ttc, investigations etc. I think now I'm just so anxious it's not going last. If it does I feel like I wanna go full on baby shower or pregnancy photo shoot or something (which is totally not me)  ^idiot^

·
Registered
504 Posts
So my amazing embryo thawed and I’m now PUPO!!! Love this early bit, just me and embie hanging out with no expectations yet👍 Bring on the crazy testing in a couple of days 🤣🤣

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yay, amazing news wilberwoo! Hope you're having a super chilled hangout. Everything crossed for you :)

1441 - 1460 of 1484 Posts