Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I was just wondering if anyone is using the clear blue fertility monitor?  I'm using it for the 3rd cycle but have not reached peak fertility yet  :(  Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, good and bad  :)  I'm  ^pray^ i will eventually reach peak fertility

Babydust to you all

xxxx

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Hiya sweetcheeks

I used the Clearblue Fertility Monitor last year for about 6/7months. I got peaks on the first 5 months, then after that I didn't get any, only Highs. I knew my body was trying to ovulate because I always feel it :) but maybe on those occasions i didn't ovulate. I was diagnosed with PCO this month, I have read that the monitor is useless if you have PCOS but as I have PCO I'm not sure if it counts for that too? To be brutally honest with you, at first it was an amazing piece of equipment to have but after not getting a peak-I was a mad stress head, my DH was completely turned off by it and his enjoyment disappeared, he said the amount of 'come' to produced got less because he said he felt like he had to perform. Even our consultant said that they cause more problems than they are worth and to just BMS every other day rather than timing it. Our bodies are amazing things and can tell when we are stressed :)

Since I put mine away I have ovulated regularly :)

This is just my opinion, it works great for many, just not me :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey ladies, I am!!!

As you can prob see from my signature, me and hubby had ICSI in Jan/Feb, tested earlier this month and it was a BFN, we were gutted, now we have used out ONLY free go on NHS we have to self fund next time, hoping to go again Sep/Oct so in the mean time bought a monitor and thought what the hell, not likly to happen, but certianly worth a try!! ^pray^

Anyway so far I had 2 > Low days, 11 > High days (which was frustrtating as we were BD'ing EVERY day, aghhhh, anyway today I got my first PEAK, yeyyyy, so more BD tonight, how you all getting on?? Was starting to panic after day 18 and NO peak, was morried I wasnt ov'in!!! ^eyes^

Nice to meet you x

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
crossedforluck Good luck with it and just remember that even with the peak, it doesn't mean that you are definatley going to ovulate-it just tells us that the hormones are rising to try and release an egg. ^pray^ it works for you xx

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Im only on CD9 so my monitor is still reading low fertility.  Im  ^pray^ that i will peak this month but i don't think it will happen.  If you don't mind me asking how long to you hold the stick in stream? xx

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Ladies
I'm also using the clearblue fertility monitor. On my first go i had 10 lows , 1 high and 2 peaks (peak wasn't till day 18) , and this month i have had 10 highs and 2 peaks (peak wasn't till day 20).
Faithope as you can see by my signature i also have PCO , but i decided to give it ago anyway and after the reviews that i had read on amazon of ladies actual conceiving who have pcos .
Sweetcheecks i would normally hold the stick in stream for 3-5 seconds first thing in the morning. XXXX

·
Registered
178 Posts
So ladies had my 1st peak yesterday and today so been babydancing both days ;) ;)

......anyway as it was/is the my first cycle I was using OPK's alongside, OPK peaked the day before it peak on fert monitor, also yesterday and today OPK back to neg, however fert monitor said peak again today.....I guess at least it was all around the same time eh lol xx

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Keyno1 - Thanks, i hold for about 3 seconds aswell so at least i know im doing it correctly xx

Sounds like it works for alot of people so im thinking if im not getting any Peak days im not ovulating.  Will just have to keep trying and hanging on in there xx

·
Registered
178 Posts
sweetcheeks2009 - Have you tried using OPKs alongside to check fert mon working? I used OPK's and it picked it up the day before the fert mon did! x

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Hi ladies, I had a 7DPO progesterone blood test done when using the monitor, that month I only had highs but my results showed I had ovulated, it wasn't very high but did show ovulation. I also want to pass a tip on-I used to pee into a shot glass and then dip my stick for 10 seconds rather than trying to catch my pee on the end as one side is shiny and won't absorb the urine..  :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Crossed4luck - What are OPK's? xx

Faithope - Its funny you should that because when i first used the monitor i use to pee in a pot then dip the stick in for 15 seconds, when i did this i got high fertility days, the following cycle i peed on the stick and it always read low fertility and it made me wonder whether i should refer back peeing in a pot  :eek: xx

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ovulation Prediction Kit, Pee sticks! hun x

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh and ladies did you notice that that sticks are absorbant on one side only? I never noticed at the start then made sure I pee'd on the right side, not sure if that will affect if your pee'ing on them? x

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
crossed4luck my previous post has a tip about the shiny side of the stick ;) It is non absorbant on the shiny side so best to pee in a pot first :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh yeah just read thats, how slow am I, I must have missed that post, lol ^idiot^ x

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello Ladies
I didn't know that only one side was was absorbant , i used a couple and thought they were faulty as no lines were showing in the little windows and it didn't look like it had absorbed my urine  ::) . Good tip that faithope i will pee in a pot next time . Lots of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
to every one. XXXX

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Glad to be of help  :) good luck with the monitor  ^hugme^ xx

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi
Thanks, but whats the difference between OPK sticks and the pee sticks that i use in my monitor? Hope im not sounding thick  ^idiot^ lol.
Also when i pee on the stick the one line is always there and very dark blue but the other is sometimes not there or very light.  Im on CD10 today and this morning the second line was there but very faint.  Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions  ;D xxx

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nothing really at all, except you are not surposed to be able to read the stick that go in the monitor by eye (althought as mist of you know, you actually can) the OPK show if your ovulating or not, however the reason I mentioed try the POK stick's too is that it was my 1st month with the monitor and they say it can take a few cycles to get to know you, so I used them just incase the monitor didnt detect my surge, and oddly the OPK picked it up the DAY BEFORE my monitor did!....I know the monitor works on E levels and the LH surge, where are OPK its just the LH surge, so maybe monitor didnt peak as sisnt detect enough of a rise in both hormones??!? I just used them purely as a bad up to make sure the monitor working until it 'knew' my cycle, now I know it can find a peak I prob wont bother next time (I didnt want to miss out on lots of BD around Ov), does that make sence at all?? x

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Crossed4luck - I see what you mean now and yes it all makes sense, thankyou.  The reason i got the monitor because i was using the OPK sticks but it was costing me £40 a month and the monitor sticks are only £20 a month.  Is that how much you pay for them?  I was at one point thinking im going to use both but i can't afford it every month  :(
What CD are you on at the moment?  Im on CD10.  Do you know what the 2nd line is for on the monitor stick?  I always get a dark line but the 2nd line is sometimes not there but today its appeared but very faint, monitor read low fertility.  Hope you get peak this month  ;) xx

1 - 20 of 51 Posts