Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's me AGAIN with yet ANOTHER question ::)  Has anyone with endo been treated at the ARGC?  If so, what medication did they put you on?  Thanks. Jo x  ;D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Jo,  I have endo and have had 2 x Fresh cycles and 1 x FET. They put me on similar meds to everyone else - buserelin to down reg, Gonal F and Merional for stims, clexane, dexamethasone, aspirin.  They have always had to drain cysts prior to treatment.  The docs have always maintained that even with endo my chances are the same as anyone else my age but not sure if that's still the case after latest go.

Best of luck, Kx

G

·
Hiya

I had Endo removed in 2004 and was treated in 2006 at ARGC (guess I prob still have some endo?) - my comments would be the same as Kate's. Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi

I did have endo dx when i was 20 but it has gone since 2005  ^idiot^ i was given the same meds as everyone else  :-*

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the problem with me is I didn't know I had it in the first place so I wouldn't know if it had come back or not...  I had a laparoscopy in Jan 07 and it was mild/moderate and one of my ovaries was stuck down.  I just don't want to go to the ARGC and pay out all that money and then find out I've got the endo back again.  I wish I could have a sneaky peak inside of me to see what's going on  :mad:

G

·
Hiya

Just so you know, as long as the inside of your uterus is clear of any scar tissue then you will be fine even if you do have endo now (they will know via Hysteroscopy if the uterus is clear)...however women with endo are likely to have immune issues too so meds for that will be forthcoming no doubt.....do not worry....endo is not seen as a crisis in IVF anymore...

xxx

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi

I've got severe endo and have had 2 laps to remove it- the second one in december 07 prior to this treatment. I also had the same meds as everyone else. On the scans they could see endo on one of my ovaries even though it had all been removed a few months ago ^bigbad^ and this ovary didnt respond very well but my other one was fine. I would have a chat to one of the drs about your worries? they wont want you to cycle until they feel you have the best chance of a positive.
Good luck

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess the best thing is to make a list of questions to ask at the consultation.  Good luck with your testing on the 27th.  Jo x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts