Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello girlies.

I've been away from this site for a while as have been on my month break in between treatments.

About to embark on my 2nd ICSI and have just had the day 21 appointment with the doctor.

I had poor response to stimi last time, so they are changing me from 200IU of Puregon to 450IU of Gonal F. Seems like a big jump but apparently doc thinks it is necessary as I have a very low reserve anyway and one ovary didn't seem to respond at all last time.

I'm also really worried about it as:

a) it may sting more  :eek:
b) I'll go even more loopy than last time  ^idiot^
c) it will be obvious from any side effects that I'm going through IVF  :-[

Any advice from anyone who has been on this before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks girlies!

Lennypops

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Lennypops

My DW and I have just got to the 2WW stage of our first attempt at ICSI and she was on the maximum dose of 600IU of Gonal F.  As you will see, this had the desired effect for my DW of producing 12 eggs.

She did experience stinging but did find it helped when the needle was wiped of any leaking liquid prior to injecting.  In terms of loopyness and side effects - I wouldn't like to comment in case she reads this  ^bigbad^.  But will say a lot of the side effects seemed to be in line with lesser doses.

Obviously there is a ££ issue when you are on a higher dose and I would recommend sourcing the most competitive price.

Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both! That is great. I'll get onto the other board and check out if there are any bits of Gonal F.

Good luck to you both and thanks again!

Lennypops

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I had 450 for my one and only cycle... I found the buseryln made me loopy.. this one was fine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I started on 225IU of Gonal F but, in the end they put me up to 600IU for over a week - I didn't feel too different - although I just injected slower as there was more to go in.  I found I have more negative symtoms on Bureslin then Gonal F. 

Hope this helps

L
xx

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi

I've been on 450ui on all of my last 3 attempts. One of my ovaries has given up the ghost too and never managed more than 5 mature eggs at ET. 

I was a bit more forgetful than usual but no real side effects apart from that.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts