Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I am about to start my third IVF cycle and even though my basic immune tests came back ok the clinic has still decided to put me on Clexane and Prednisone just in case. The thing is I have had a stomach ulcer in the past (now healed) but still suffer from some stomach inflamation and I read that the above medication can cause stomach problems so I was just wondering if anyone else with stomach problems has ever taken these meds and if so did they have problems on them (i.e. did it aggravate their stomach problems?).

I want to give this cycle my best shot but don't want to damage my health long term either...

Thanks for any feedback!
Ondine

·
Registered
108 Posts
Afternoon Ondine,

I suffer with severe IBS and I take my Pred after breakfast, it actually helps my stomach and makes me feel better (I may just be weird though  ^idiot^ )

xx

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi Ondine

its Zeb from rc here.  I too suffer with IBS and have found taking pred absolutely fine, the enteric coated ones are definitely easier on the tummy and take them with your breakfast if you can at all to help absorption.

Best of luck hun.

Ermi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi everyone

Thanks very much for your feedback, that's very interesting re the IBS as I have a touch of that as well so good to know it may help! I think I will give them a go and sure if I start to have stomach problems I can always stop.

Hi Ermitrude, thanks for the good wishes, delighted to see all going well with you, can't believe you are 12 weeks!

Thanks again girls
Ondine

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found they gave me really bad uncomfortable heartburn and bloating so will be carrying Gaviscon around with me this cycle!  I do suffer from heartburn a bit anyway so they exacerbate the problem somewhat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts