Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

We've arranged our first consultation for IVF in November - and I'm nervous to say the least.  Kinda feel in limbo - don't know what to do.  I've read the pack that the hospital have sent me, so I know about the procedures, but the waiting is killing me.  I keep wanting to phone the hospital to see if there are any cancellations, but I think it's just me being impatient.

I can't believe how many people are going through the same thing.  It kinda feels good to know that you are now alone.

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Again Steph  ;D

I think you mean Good to know you are "not" alone !!  ;)

I'm blooming impatient too - we had our first appt booked for the 3rd of September but I had to cancel and I was gutted - the last 26 days has been torture - I just cant wait till wednesday now and it still feels like a long way off !!
We have passed the time by improving our diets, (plus i've given up smoking) and taking vitamins !!  Generally improving our health so we have the best possible change when our time comes.  There are lots of books available on infertility and a fictional one has come out called The Baby Trail by Sinead Moriarty - Its about a woman going through infertility treatment -
The best way to pass the time though is being on this website chatting with all the wonderful girls who are in the same boat - and there are many of them who are just as addicted to the site as I am !!!    ;D   Have you found your local area on "Meeting Places" ?  You can chat on there and lots of areas have local meet ups. 

Good luck with your treatment

Jennifer xxxxx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers - I haven't been to the local area thingie yet - I will do though.  Thanx for the advice  :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Steph,

Like you we are also very impatient. Our app was for 21st oct but i phoned and got a cancellation. We had our app today!

Its always worth ringing! Our start date for ivf now has to be postponed for two months due to needing a procedure whereby saline is washed around uterus to see if its healthy. I'm on cd25 so they can't do it until my next period!
Then i can't start ivf until i've had a bleed after that!!
Very gutted as really thought we would be starting soon!!

Give them a ring then if things take a little longer or if things like this pop up you won't feel as disappointed.

Good luck and let us know how you get on,

Lots of love
Emmak xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts