Sussexgirl Eggshare ICSI April/May ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Caro70 ICSI 1st week april ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

AlisonS 1ST ICSI beginning April ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lisa1 1st IVF D/R 8th april ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emile 3rd ICSI April ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Raggy 2nd IVF Mid April ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

MnM 2nd ICSI start D/R 20 March ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nessa 1st ICSI Start Mid April (cd 21) ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Caz 3rd ICSI start pill March start sniffin 28 march ec/et Mid april ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nightnurse 1st IVF April ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tj71 FET April ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lisa Sabin ICSI April ^reiki^ ^reiki^

BigJ IVF/DE at IM in Barcelona 14/04 ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

ZoeD 2nd IVF End April ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Dizzyizzy 4th ICSI/IVF start d/r 25/03 ^reiki^ ^reiki^

MrsT 2nd IVF start around 10th April ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Anne1327 2nd IVF April ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Pickles 1st ICSI ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jan B IVF ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Pixie P ICSI ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Edna IVF/ICSI April awaiting af and dates ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marrianne1 IVF D/R 1st week of April ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hope this is ok for you girls
Any changes just post or IM me and i will amend

Lots of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Emilyxx

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi all

Emily - the list is fantastic. I can't believe you can keep up with so many threads. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Hopefully we will both have something to celebrate soon. I am actually starting on day 21 in April not March so could you change it when you get a minute (wish it was starting in March though!!)

Hi to everyone else, hope you aren't getting too impatient!

FLH x x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya FLH

all updated for u

Doing the lists keeps me outta mischief ;D ;D

and keeps me going til its my turn so to speak

Hope u r well

Emilyxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Emily

Excellent list as usual - thanks for keeping us all in check!  ^evil^

FLH - don't worry, 21st April will be here before you know it. Pack in loads of bad behaviour in the meantime, it will make the time pass quickly!  ^evil^

love to you all,
Caroline
xxxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hi all. Can I join?

Technically I'm a March/April cycler, but...well, I'm on the pill for 21 days first so I won't start sniffing until 28th March. I'm guessing EC will work out about mid April. Mostly I just want to come here because my old May/June buddie Caro is here, and I need hand holding this time, a little more than the last.

Love and luck to all.
C~x

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
^Cuddle^ to Caz
You and me both, hun, I am sooo glad you're joining me.

Ladies - you're gonna love this girl - she's responsible for alot of May cyclers wetting themselves laughing!!  ^roflmao^

night night
Cxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Gals

April will be my first cycle of ICSI and am so incredibly excited. Perhaps stupidly I keep thinking nothing will go wrong and that this is it at last! Seem to have been waiting my whole life for this.
Tell me, why does it seem that everyone around you is getting pregnant and having babies! I'm not jealous but just keep thinking what have I done wrong! I wouldn't mind but we spent the first few years together trying not to get pregnant when we needn't have worried!  ::)
How do you stop yourself from thinking of names and looking on the internet at prams?
Becoming obsessed! Hope I don't tempt fate!!

Nessa

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Nessa - welcome! I remember doing the same - I don't think it hurts to dream, just don't go too far. At a wedding 2 years ago, I went overboard admiring a friend's baby and said she looked cute enough to steal - it was a joke but there was a collective gasp from the mothers in the circle and my DH was mortified!!!  ;D

Feeling  ^reiki^ is a big part of this rollercoaster so bring it on!
Good luck and I definately have to go to bed now  ::)
Cxx

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi girls,

Emily-Great list thanks!! We need to get a name for ourselves and will let you know!

Hello to eveyone else.Nice to meet you all :) :)

Nessa-I totally know where you are coming from!You try for years trying not to get pregnant and then you find out your infertile!A total kick in the teeth!I see you are attending Dundee,I'm at Aberdeen but live in the highlands.Its a 3 hr drive to the clinic!Do you have far to travel?

Caro and Caz-Glad we are together again  ^hugme^

What about a name........Does April Angels sound good to you all?

Speak to you soon
Love Em

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Em

Totally sympathise with you regarding travel - we have over two hours travel on a good day. Also means we have to keep taking holidays to go the hospital as I don't feel comfortable explaining to my work.
Hopefully all be worth it!

Nessa

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Evening ladies,

April Angels sounds good to me!  ^wings^
Em & Nessa - that's a long trip! I bemoan the 75 minute trip to our clinic, but never will again!

Do you think we need to bring everyone over to this thread? It's a bit confusing having 2 running at the same time.

Nothing to report from me tonight so see ya later,
love
Caro
xx

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi girls

May I join you. Caroline recommended that I come and join you all!

I will be starting first ivf cycle april.  Due to start d/r whilst on holiday!  Have to take a letter from the clinic to say why I am carrying drugs  ;D  So if you see the headlines  'British Nurse thrown into Venezuelan jail for drug trafficing' you will know its me  ;D

Also I am having lots of trouble with work right now so feeling very down, stressed and fed up!

Bye for now
NN xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Ah Night Nurse. Totally understand the feeling down sensation. One little tip though. I was on the pill prepping for my first cycle while I was on the holiday of a lifetime (literally, because there' no way I can afford that ever again). I made the mistake of thinking about my impending IVF too much and it stopped me in my tracks a bit when it came to the enjoying myself. Admitedly enjoying myself usually comes in the form of copious amounts of alcohol followed by a mysteriously obtained injury that just seems to "be there" the next day, along with the thumping hangover... ::) The point I'm not very rapidly coiming to, is don't let thinking about IVF or what you're about to do, ruin your hols. Go, have a great time and try not to get arrested for drug traffiking or anything!

Nessa; Yeah, completely with you on the "other people's babies" thing. It's like all of a sudden everyone around you is out there with a bump or carting around a newly born. I work in retail as a checkout manager and - lately - I've noticed a lot more of them lately in the shop. I think it's a conspiracy.
I spent years wondering why me and what had I done to cause this before realising that - well - sometimes s*** just happens. Unfortunately it often happens to those who deserve it the least.
I was also on the pill for about seven years trying not to get pregnant. Before that it was always protection or no sex (I was a sensible girl, y'see). If I'd known then what I know now I'd've been a very very bad girl. ^evil^

Ironically, my worries for this cycle aren't whether it works or not, but how will I cope if it does? I really hate the fact that any joy I might have on being pregnant (should I ever be that lucky again) has been sucked out of it by worrying about whether it'll be ok. The only thing I've learned from the whole experience is that I'm a lot tougher than I ever thought I was, so I'm just going to have to jump off that bridge if/when I get there though.

April Angels sounds good to me.

Love and luck
C~x

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi NN,

Welcome to the April cyclers.Sorry to here you are feeling low and having trouble at work.We are all here for you if you want to chat!

Look forward to cycling with you

Love Em

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi girls,how are we all doing.we had another hozzie trip yesterday,dp had to do another test,and got to see where i'll be having ec/et done,all i need now is an af dance ,the ^witch^is due next week didn't think i'd ever look forward to her arrival,but you know how it is.
I think April angels is a great name.
Welcome nn,i'm a first time ivfer as well,sorry to hear work are being a pain,i know i have to have a chat with HR at work once i get exact dates,but they do pay for time off for scan's and things so i'm very lucky.
Any way girls take care and chat soon.
Love lisa 1 :-* :-*

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Woo hoo! AF dance for Lisa1!!
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^clapping^

NN - great to see you here. Will be checking the headlines.....

Caz -  ^Cuddle^ You're always very funny but I think you need a hug.
And the last bit you wrote echoes how I feel - each set back makes us stronger and we don't realise we can get through stuff until we're out the other side. I too am more scared that it will work than if it doesn't. Em and me will drag you through this, and you WILL be OK  ^reiki^

Nessa, Em, FLH -  ^hello^

Is that everyone so far? Special hello to Eeyore of course. ;D

love
Caroline
xx

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
hi Everyone

I am going to the clinic to sign consents tomorrow and order our drugs and I should be down regging in about 7 weeks. I agree with Caz and Caro, all this stuff makes us stronger. After my first failed icsi I told dp I would NEVER have another go as the disappointment was too hard to take. That was only a month ago and now I am getting really excited about icsi number 2  ::)

We are going to tenerife on friday for a week of relaxation before all the madness starts again. Its nice to have something to look forward to which isnt baby related. I am going to eat and drink all the wrong things for a week (yum) but as soon as I get back I will start being good in preparation for the treatment.

April Angels is a great name and I am glad there seem to be a few of us already.

Speak to you all soon

FLH x x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hiya

NN & Lisa 1 - You mention about telling work, I never thought about it like that. You've got me wondering if it's something I need to do! Has anyone else and do you think it make's asking for time off easier? Currently, I've just been asking for time off for the odd appointment and not telling them why or taking holidays.

nessa

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi everyone

This is my first post on this thread.  I thought I'd share my embarrassing moment at work with you all.

I had a meeting with my manager this afternoon.  He asked me if everything was ok as I told him I would need time off in April/May - we're starting our 1st ICSI cycle.  I told him yes.  However he continued to probe...asking is everything really ok?

Well, my bottom lip began to quiver and then next thing I knew, I'd blurted out the big secret I've been keeping about our treatment - He's promised not to tell anyone and has told me that he fully supports me.

I've only even given my parents the basics as I don't want any pressure of people asking questions - my mum is desparate for a grandchild and I'm the eldest.  She can be quite inconsiderate at times.

Anyway, I'm waiting on our consent appointment (should be next week), along with blood tests and am hoping we can start on my next day 21 which is 5th April.  Am I being over ambitious that things can move so fast - we're self funding (well, I plan to ask my GP if he'll fund the drugs), so I would hope there are no hold ups???

Like Nessa, I day dream about names and keep believing it'll work first time. I do worry that I may come down to earth with an almighty thump!

Take care, Alison

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.