·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls

Emily

PS

will update the list over the weekend

(busy with house move as we speak or other are !!)

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New home New list!!

FLH 2nd ICSI starting day 21 of April AF ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sussexgirl Eggshare ICSI April/May ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Caro70 ICSI 1st week of April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

AlisonS 1st ICSI April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lisa1 1st IVF D/R 8th April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emile 3rd ICSI ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Raggy 2nd IVF Mid April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

MnM 2nd ICSI Start D/R 20th March ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nessa 1st ICSI start mid april (CD 21) ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Caz 3rd ICSI start pill March, start sniffing 28th March, EC/ET Mid April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nightnurse 1st IVF April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tj71 FET April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lisa Sabin ICSI April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

BigJ DE/IVF April at IM Barcelona 14th April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

ZoeD 2nd IVF April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Dizzyizzy 4th IVF/ICSI start D/R 25/03 ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

MrsT 2nd IVF start around 10th April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Anne1327 2nd IVF April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Pickles 1st ICSI April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

JanB IVF ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Pixie P ICSI ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Edna IVF/ICSI April awaiting AF and Dates ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marrianne1 ICSI D/R 1st week of April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Shi 1st IVF April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Soz 1st ICSI April ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Smoggie2507 IVF EC 09/05 ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lydia ev 1st ICSI ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

DebbieB IVF D/R 1st week of april ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lots of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Will update in more detail for u over the weekend
Loads of love
Emilyxx

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks Emily :) Hope house move goes ok. I hate moving house.

Well a little update. I have been lurking in the background but haven't had time to post very much as work has been a little crazy.
Called clinic yesterday to chase up results and they have all come back ok  ^jumpin^ I signed my characteristic matching forms and the nurse was going to call the recipient she had in mind to see if she wants my eggs. Have to go on the pill to regulate my cylce with recipient and hopefully if recipient says yes then we will be going about the end of April  ^pompom^
I can't wait now. After my negative I thought I would wait 3 months but it has only been 2 and already I am champing at the bit to get going. It wil be 3 months by the time we get going (hopefully).

That's it going to do more work now. Have been in the office since 7am!! Definitely going home early

Hugs
Chris

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Angels

Well another day another dollar!  I can only access this at work  ;) so I have mixed feelings about going off on leave until next Wednesday as I won't have access to the site!  :'(

Thank you Caz for the info on the timescale of the whole process.  I must tell you guys I am getting more nervous by the day.  I have stopped my chinese drugs as another thread here told me that the doctors advise you not to take anything to interfere with their drugs, but I will continue Acupunture.  This will be hard to do as I will have to tell my chinese doctor who I have got a good relationship with over the past 7 months (and why wouldn't I as I have paid her the same cost of IVF!)  AAAAAGHHH!  Maybe I should just have logged on here, it may have saved me some money.  Anyhow, I will continue with the acupunture.  I am getting it once a week and it is helping with my mood swings (tho don't ask my husband, cos I am sure he would not agree - just think they would be 10 times worse!)

Do you get worse mood swings during the down-****** or the injection time?  I have just realised when I am writing that I just talk about me, me, me!!!!  Sorrrrrrrrrry!!!!! 

I do love reading all about you, but I am finding it hard to remember exactly what stage everyone is at!  And then I don't want to single anyone out cos I don't want to offend the others.  Is that strange?  I feel i have found a whole lot of new friends here and it is just fab!!!!  ;D  I am not even going to look at the thread discussing the programme the other night who are arguing.  I can't stand arguments, like the programme Wife Swap, I hate it! 

My mum always said I am too sensitive and she is probably right.  Marrianne1 and Caz, you are both very wise people cos I know we should hold something back of ourselves before we go through IVF to protect ourselves from the immense hurt we will get, unfortuately the way I am I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have never learnt to curb it, much as i would love to.  I am trying very hard at the moment to show everyone I am happy go lucky, but it is hard. 

Also, I wanted to ask you, I have completely changed my mind about egg donation, is it too late to tell them or will I tell them at my consultation on the 30th March.  I am starting my down ****** on 1st April.  (The way I say these things, you would think I knew what I was talking about, I hope after my consultation I will know a little more and not sound like an IVF virgin!!!)

Anyway lovely to hear you all here, I too hope we can all be friends!! 

Thanks so much.

Shi

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Shi,

Bless you! I know what you mean about not being able to remember something to write back to everyone, then worrying about leaving someone out!

I haven't posted for a few days and already there are about 10 new Angels! I think it's fantastic so I'll just say hi to everyone and am looking forward to sharing the ride with you all. ;)

I can't answer your question Shi, about changing your mind on egg donation, I've never been allowed to go down that route (dh not happy with it unfortunately, although I think it's a wonderful thing for both women :)).

Re the mood swings...boy I get them too... I seem to get them far worse during the d/r stage and then as soon as I start stimming I feel so much better. Dh copes really well and as you get used to the feeling you get better at realising when you're doing it, a quick weepy "I know it's me" look is usually enough to delete all the moody nasty things i;ve done!!

Very best of luck with it all. I start d/r tomorrow, have just been organising the bags and bags of needles  ??? ??? and am getting that nice hopeful feeling starting up, hooray ;) ;)

Love and lots of  ^fairydust^ to everyone I've not yet said hi to!!! Hope everyone is doing ok so far.

Bye for now.

Dizzy xxxxxx 

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Angels  :)

Before i try to include everyone.....please dont hate me if i dont!!

Vanessa May will br here before you know it...this years already flying!!

Pixie We are not allowed to fall out on here cause i say so!

NN I will tell u all bout concert..my god u will think you were there!!

Caz Hey im rid of winter blues too....im into my 9th week of bein an ex smoker and am on ww to lose about a stone.....so them daffodills certainly help morale !....also what a great idea for IVF virgins, i wish i knew this site when i went thro my last cycle.....it would have been so much easier to deal with....as it was i was in the dark completely and no one speaks in the clinic waiting room!!
Ive just purchased a street ka....love it my first convertable....im gonna keep it even if i have a baby as we have another car......yeah right how long will it be before i exchange it for a more suitable boring car!!!

Edna i would be gutted not bein able to log in here at work...it make comin here bearable!!!.....poor u can u not snaek on??

Emily thanks for the list.....how do u do it....well how do u have the patience!!

Sussex girl...u best be havin Easter off for a break or else!!

Shi if your hubby thinks u have mood swings now wait until after the 1st  ;D ;D ;D
Im a bit like yourself by wearing my heart on my sleeve.....this time im covering it up a bit!!

Dizzy good luck tomoz hun  :)

Well im shattered now!!....hope u all have a fantastic easter and dont eat too many eggs!!!....i know for a fact my dh has bought me an easter egg and he knows im on WWatchers!! bugger!! at least my mil bought me some hand cream instead!!!

See ya all soon

Jan xxxx

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey girls, how you all doing today?

Sounds like most of us are just waiting to kick off the treatment. I don't see much chat going on about D/R anyway. Has anyone started yet? I start on 10th April so have three weekends left to relax before the rollercoaster begins! ;)

Caz, thanks for your input. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who wonders sometimes. You've had a tough time by the sounds of things - what a determined lady you are! I wouldn't like to be up against you in a courtroom! :) ;D

Anyway, I'm off work tomorrow and Monday and just going to chill out over the long weekend and hope we get some nice sunny weather for Easter (which in Scotland, is a bit like wishful thinking, but you never can tell......).

YOu all have a nice time over the break. I'll be back next week.

Best wishes to you all.

Marrianne1

·
Registered
173 Posts
God Pixie P!!

You are not thick at all!!! :-\  You know more than me.  Am waiting to hear the answers!!!

P.S Happy Easter everyone, I am off work until 30th March so will miss you all. 

Work is only bearable with my angels!!

Shi

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi ladies,

Can I join you?? I am starting tx this month starting down regging 31st March.

this is my first cycle, we are having ICSI (my hubby has very low sperm counts) I am nervous and excited!!

I am not really sure what to expect so I might ask lots of silly questions hope you don't mind!

Best wishes and good luck to all!

Love Soz x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi

Welcom Soz....of course you can join us and ask away, if any of us can help we will thats what we are all here for......each other  :)

Shi thats such a nice comment about us angels making work bearable!!

Well only an hour to go and im fffffffrrrrrreeeeeeeee until Tuesday!...my dh has informed me an hour ago that we are havin a BBQ tomoz for friends!!....OMG im stressed!!!.....he does all the cooking its jus gettin nibbles ready!!  ^eyes^
Weather sposed to be nice in North West England tommorrow n Sat so here we come!!!!

Take care all.......i will pop in and say hi over weekend!!!!

Jan xxx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi Angels.

I know its been said earlier but good luck with that house move Emily. And many thanks for organizing us. It can't be an easy job keeping track of all of us.

Jan, sadly I can't sneak on at work, open plan office and everything entered in the computer is logged. Big Brother is definitely watching. Still gives me something to look forward to in the evening catching up on everyones news.

Have fun with your Ka. What a great time of year to get a convertible. I bought an MGF a few years ago and love it. Not at all practical but then I do refer to is as my favourite "toy".

Shi, I doubt its too late to change your mind about donation. From everything I've been reading in the press recently they're desperate for donors with the removal of anonymity from 1/4 and will no doubt welcome you with open arms. I don't know what I'd do in your position. I'm too old to donate so its not an issue for us.

As to where I am in the cycle twiddling my thumbs waiting and praying that its on for April / May (my clinic haven't confirmed dates yet). I really hope its this month as I've had enough waiting. (I also don't want to be thrown out of the Angels as a pretender).

Marrianne and Caz, its good advice to keep something in reserve but I'm not good at holding back and think I'm going to end up investing everything in this too...

Soz, My DH and I have to go down the ICSI route and its our first go at this too. I love this board as I don't feel quite so alone and can ask those daft newbie questions. Welcome to the Angel club!

Dizzy, best of luck for a great cycle.

Pixie P, also interested in the answers to your questions. From what I've gathered so far from reading there are differences in cycles. My clinic goes for sniffing for d/r but on Precious Babies they had injections. Would be very interested in knowing what everyone is doing.

Also where did you get your IVF drugs from? I've heard that there is a substantial mark up at the clinics and if you shop around different pharmacies you can save money.

Anyway I've got to sign off now until after Easter. DH and I are away for a trip to Wales over the long weekend. Hurrah.

Have a great break and catch up with everyone next week.

Love.

Edna

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Angels,

Pixie - very good questions to which Iwould like the answers to as well.  Have one of my own too - Can you inject in one go if on a big dose or do you have to do it in two?

Emily - Thnaks for the list hopefully I should have a date for d/r real soon, af due on Saturday  ;)

Welcome Soz!

Edna - Heres hoping you can join us all on the rollercoaster.  I hate rollercoasters by the way would never step foot on one  ;D

Happy easter angels!

Love NNxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hiya Angels

Hope that u all have a gr8 bank holiday ^bunny^

Dont eat too many easter eggs

You wont believe it but i have 6 of them

5 are from dh though what is he like

Tomorrow we begin to move the stuff over.....pc is one of the first things to go so i will be offline til probably sunday when dh is at work and i set up the net!!

Love 2 u all

Emilyxx

PS welcome Marrianne1 Shi and soz ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi angels,
been offline for a week as mu mum came over to visit and I've been doing the tourist bit with her.  She loved the Easter decorations in Germany with painted eggs hanging from the trees in the town and in peoples' gardens. The Osterhase is the "thing" over here (actually Easter Hare) and I am going to break my diet to eat loads ^evil^ ^evil^.  You want to know why???? well Saturday is my 42nd burthday  :mad: :mad: :mad:

I always thought by now I'd be grown up with a family..........ho hum  :'(

Tell you what though it makes me all the more determined that this IS going to work, evenm if we have to have a few goes, we are going to do it. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Do any of you get doubts during this waiting phase?????

Still PMA and all that, MIL sent money for us to go out to dinner, wot a sweetie as we're saving hard for the very ££££££££££ tx at IM Barcelona.  Any other IVF/DE out there???  Sussex girl you are a sweetie for your egg share, hope it all goes well and she agrees to go for April.

The waiting is terrible, we all seem to be in the same boat.  Does any of you know what they do with recipients who are on HRT???  I guess we don't need to de-reg as we are already on "the pill"...??? All I need is a yummy womb lining....and a donor angel.... ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Snow has thawed here and we have good spring weather, perfiect for walking the doggies on the beach..

Happy Easter to you all

LOve bigJ

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi Angels,

The list is growing and growing!Thanks emily for updating it,good luck with the house move.

Pixie-I will try to answer your questions,I know Caz won't mind!
You usually down reg for about 14 to 21 days.Most people bleed after 10 days or so.Your clinic will call you in for a baseline scan before you start the stimms to check your womb lining is thin and do bloods to check your oestrodiol levels are low.Sometimes you may need to down reg for another week.Don't worry it will all be explained to you
Also some people downreg using injections and some people sniff a drug.Depends what your clinic does or you may get a choice.

Nightnurse- if you are on a big does you draw up 2 or more powders into the one syringe so only one injection each time

Hope that helps :)

Well quiet Easter for me.Only off Sat and Sun.Going for another acupuncture session tomorrow morn and then a bit of shopping me thinks!

HAPPY EASTER ANGELS

lOVE Em

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Blimey give us a flippin' chance luvs! ::)
(Ahem) Sorry for the delay in answering. I was working on lates last night and had a day out to Weymouth today with DH. Only 120 miles and back for a spot of lunch but hey! It's a day out, right!

Pixie in answer to your questions:

1. When you start IVF/ICSI I know you have to Down reg for a number of weeks - is the number of weeks you have to do this dependant on when you bleed following down regulation (or perhaps you don't always bleed?) or are you just given a date when you can start stims regardless of if you have a bleed (thinning of womb??) or not?
The time you down reg for is dependant on how well you respond to the drug. i.e., most women down reg for about three or four weeks. At the end of this they usually (but not necessarily) bleed and are usually scanned and can start injection of stims straight away. I'm not sure if every clinic does this baseline scan, but I would imagine it's pretty standard as this is the basis for starting stims. However if you have a cyst or have not responded well enough to the drugs then you may need to down reg a week or more, even if you have had a bleed.

2. I know you have to inject with the stimulation phase after down regging but do you have to inject with down regging too?
Yes, you will continue taking the down reg drugs right throughout stimming. You will only stop down reg drugs at the same time as you stop stims - when you take your HCG trigger jab. You then get one blessed drug free day before egg collection.

Can you inject in one go if on a big dose or do you have to do it in two?
I think you can inject in one dose, but you may have to mix your powders with more than one liquid. For instance with menopur you can disolve up to three powders in one vial of liquid. I can't see why you can't draw up two vials of liquid in one syringe though.

Do any of you get doubts during this waiting phase??
Hell yeah! It's like a will it work/won't it work seesaw. The two week wait is possibly the most agonising two weeks of your life. Relax! Stressing out is normal behavious for an IVFer.

Also where did you get your IVF drugs from? I've heard that there is a substantial mark up at the clinics and if you shop around different pharmacies you can save money.
I've always got mine from the hospital as I egg share and they are included in the package. If you are very lucky your GP might even fund them for you. I think there's a "Where to buy cheap drugs" thread on this site somewhere, but shopping around is definitely worthwhile.

Welcome Soz. I once read somewhere that there are no silly questions, but there are a lot if inquisitive idiots! ^roflmao^
Ask away. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer.

Good luck with the move Emily.

My bad! In the time it's taken me to write my incredibly slow reply, Emile has answered your questions. Well, at leastw e don't conflict each other! <waves to Emile ^bow^>

Love 'n' stuff
C~x

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya ^wave^

just popped over to say i am following my old buddies ( you know who you are ) and reading all your news in anticipation of your tx

Love to all

Mini xx

·
Registered
166 Posts
hello everyone just like to say good luck to you all my EC is 9th may cant wait but a bit scarred
                              love smoggie xxx  ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
872 Posts
^birthday^ ^birthday^ HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIGJ ^birthday^ ^birthday^

Have a lovely day!

Love Em

·
Registered
268 Posts
Happy easter angels!

Caz - eggscellent answers to the questions  ;D

Welcome smoggie and good luck for your ec  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi mini nice to hear from you hows that baby doing?  Have you recovered yet from the labour  ;D

Happy bithday Bigj  ^festival^

Hello to everyone else whatever you may be doing this easter may all your eggs be of good quality and in one lovely warm basket !

Love NN xx

1 - 20 of 1184 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.