Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Girls

I thought I'd see if we could start a first timers' thread. I spoke to one of the girls on one of the earlier cycle boards and she started one and said that she thought it was really helpful as first timers sometimes have different issues to people who've gone through the procedure before.

So, if you are a first timer ICSI or IVF (or any other treatment that's going on in April/May), will you join us and we can start our own thread?

Hope to see you all here.

Marrianne1

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'll join you!!

I started down regging yesterday, I can't believe that it has all finally started!

Look forward to hearing from all you other fellow newbies!

Soz xxx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Marriane1

Great idea!  I am a first timer and I feel so stupid asking what are really obvious questions which aren't obvious if you are a first timer!

Soz, I started down ****** this very morning!  How are you keeping?  Are we supposed to drink loads of water or something the nurse never said anything to me about it?

Thanks

Shi

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi girlies,

The nurse I saw yesterday said to try to drink about 2 litres a day to keep side effects at bay, which I am trying to do, but my loo is so far away from me at work!!

Did they give you any dates Shi? They said to me approx 25th April for e/c, though I will have to wait and see if everything runs smoothly yet.

Marienne have you started any drugs yet?

Love Soz xxx

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Soz and Shi, thanks for coming on board. It's really good to have other people in the same boat as me.

I start down ****** on 10th April. Which means this is my last weekend of drinking n having the usual fun I have at weekends - but it will be worth it, give my body a rest from the debauchered life I lead!! ;D ;D

I'm becoming addicted to the site  aren't you? I check it at least twice a day! Think I'd just like to get started now, get on the programme. How you girls doing with the down ******?

Marrianne1

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Marriane and Soz

God yeah I am so addicted to this site!!! I check it as well all the time inbetween a bit of work here and there!  Yeah I saw on the other thread your ec is on the 25th April Soz mine has been give to me as 3rd May. So more or less I am a week behind you.  Are you on nasal spray or jabs?  They have given me a schedule and I asked how did they know and she said, well unless something goes wrong, that is your schedule.  It is so different to IUI cos you went in every few days and things changed each time.  But there you go.

Marriane I haven't drunk alcohol since Feb 24th my birthday when I got totally sozzled and had to be put to bed and I only smoke when I drink so I have been clean living for a while.  D/H has given up smoking on 1st January though when he has a few beers on fri and sat night he has a couple of cigars.  He asked me should he stop that too?  I told him maybe to stop 3 weeks before the EC cos that is what a nurse told me a consultant told a male partner one time if he could give up for the 3 weeks before the EC and he could start again after!  Maybe since I have started my d/r today I should just tell him to stop and make him suffer too!  Only joking, my hubby is very supportive but quiet on it if you know what i mean?

Marrianne  I know what you mean about just wanting to get started thats the way I was and it was so hard the last few weeks and I do feel better now I have started.  I suppose any side effects I do get won't be for a while yet.  I started the nasal spray this morning.  Nothing happened!  In fact I feel pretty good today! 

So guys I will head on now and get a bit of work done.  I had lunch early cos I was up early have my nasal spray.  Have a great weekend both of you although being friday afternoon, I will probably be back in here later on!

Shi

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Shi,

Funnily enough my man smokes the odd cigar too. I'd agree with you too. Hes supportive but quiet. I kind of know exactly what you mean on that one. I had a chat with him about it last night as I was interested in what some of the girls on here were saying about d/h's, my impressions are over on the main cycle buddies page (just posted).
Don't know about the giving up alcohol thing.....will be hard I think....d/h thinks it will be hard too......still, I suppose we have to, so that will be an incentive!

Have a good afternoon

Marrianne1

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi girls,can i join you,this is my first ivf,i'm due to start dr on monday,but and here comes the kick,had my baseline scan and they discovered i have fluid on the only tube i've got so at the moment i'm waiting for the hozzie to phone to see if consultant will let me start.
Talk about rollercoaster,my emotion are all over the place,but that's what comes with this.hope to get to know you all alot better,as the weeks roll on.Love lisa 1 xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi ladies,

I am a total FF addict too!!

Lisa -  that sounds like a total nightmare, especially when you mentally prepare yourself to start. Hopefully you will still be able to go ahead, I'll be thinking of you!

Marianne - I had a wild weekend last weekend! I had been really good preparing myself for treatment, but went to a party last week and let my hair down! But I have been really good this week trying to detox a bit.

Shi -  mine are jabs, I got really nervous just before hubby did it for me yesterday, i have never had injection done by anyone but a doctor before. But he was really good and it didn't hurt, it is only a tiny needle. I feel fine today, felt a bit fussy headed this morning, but think that was tiredness not the drugs. How are you finding the nasal sprays?

love Soz xxx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Aw Lisa

Chin up girlie you have reached the best site ever!  I only discovered it a couple of weeks ago and I am addicted!  It is helping me big time and it is so good to get your thoughts down.  So pour all your troubles out here and we will take them off your shoulders!!! ;)

You can look over in the April/May Angels too we are back and forth!  I hadn't a clue at the start but I am getting the hang of it rightly but I would need to get back to work before someone notices! hehehehe

Lisa I hope you hear good news about starting, my d/h always tries to tell me not to worry until I have something to worry about so I will try and tell you that, but I understand it is not always that easy.  I sound really in control of myself but that is only today, tomorrow could be completely different!  

So chin up everyone and we will all be positive together. I am sending you some hugs Lisa  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ and keep in touch with us.  We will help you through this!

Soz  well I had 6 IUI's last year so I am great with needles, could do them any time any place any where!  My d/h fainted tho at the blood test!  Honestly!

Pixiep, I know you are probably like a cat on a hot tin roof!  I was really bad until I started this morning and now I have come over all calm.  It just shows you when you are doing something it makes it easier, but I dread the 2ww (if I get there) cos I was reading the others there and it is panic stations!  Really hard, i nearly cry everytime i look in it.  :'(

Shi

·
Registered
166 Posts
hello there everyone,
                            please could i join in with you all i am a first timer too!i start DR on 8th april a week today so will get my schedule but been told EC on 9th may.me and dp have not had a sip of alco since went to see consultant on 31st jan just been drinking diet coke all the time could kill for a drink but we have lasted this long we may as well wait a few more weeks now or months in my case if it works first time hope so got every thing crossed possible to cross.i stopped smoking then to have had odd one or to but its better than 22 a day!my dp doesnt smoke anyway so makes it a bit easier but a lot of my mates do.anyway girlies will stop going on about me just like to say that this was a good idea having a first timers board good luck to everyone luv smoggie xx ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi everyone I am on my coffee break so I thought I would just have another peep in!!  Oooh I am an addict!

Smoggie, make sure you are drinking caffeine free diet coke cos there is loads of caffeine in diet coke and you should be avoiding caffeine.

Pixie P!  You are mad!  But we love it!  I keep having those thoughts too!  Every year I think will I be pregnant on my summer hols!  We only go down south (Ireland) but every year I hope that I am pregnant then.  Every holiday time kills me but summer is like a time I measure my life, don't know why.  Anyway I would like my baby born in January pleeeeease!!  as that is when the new year for irish dancing starts hehehehehe ;D  and she/he would have the best advantage over the others!  You see the way our minds work!  I bring my neice every saturday for 3 hours to irish dancing and I sit there with her she is only 7 and we are both really into it.  The other mums say lovely things and I can say yes she is wonderful cos she is not mine and they can't say I am blowing about her.  But I love her to bits.  And I totally ruin her!  I know we all say we just would love a baby but I would love a girl and my d/h would love a boy.  It is funny talking like this, cos its like you are really not allowed!!  ??? :-\  But there, I have said it too Pixie P!

Shi

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gosh, I can't believe it, we've got so many on our board so quickly. I'm delighted. Thanks for backing me up on the new thread.  ;D Welcome all!

I agree it will be a good idea to keep popping back and forth to the other board - I suspect we're all so addicted, no one will be able to stop us anyway!!

I'll be having the injections, rather than the nasal spray for d/r - I must say the nasal spray sounds more appealing!

Smoggie, I'm very impressed. No drink and cutting down your cigs like that. I'm a 20 a day girl (cigs not drinks!! :) and wish I could slow down a bit. I'm sure I could if I put my mind to it, but right now, things feel too uncertain,,,,too much going on in my head, if you know what I mean.

Pixie P - let's hope we're all lucky!! I think you're completely bonkers by the way (but in a nice way ;D)

Whatever happens over the coming weeks, at least we've all got each other!

Have a great weekend

Marrianne1

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Pixie P

Do you do that too?  I keep putting things away thinking that will do if it happens.  You have made me laugh  ;D ;D ;D

I hope it helps to be positive cos at times I have 5 minutes to myself and I enjoy feeling positive and that it will work and I will be pregnant.  Most of the time I am being so wary and well not negative but "level headed"  about the whole process, but every now and then I allow myself 5 minutes to think about how it would feel if it really happened and I was one of the lucky ones to fall pregnant 1st time.  Pretty unlikely but I love those moments.

So back to being level headed.  Me and the other girl in the office have music blasting out from the computer (Frank Sinatra You make me feel so young!) and we have the friday feeling (which usually means no work!)  Heheheh

So take care, I will prob go home soon, and I will miss this site until Monday again!  I really need to invest in a home computer but I keep saying I am not spending any more, like we need a new kitchen and a new suite but I told d/h I would rather have a baby than a new kitchen so we are saving in case we need the money.  We have 2 free goes and then we pay.    A new kitchen means nothing to me in comparison.  And even so I have been looking into adopting a chinese baby girl so we would need a loan for that too.

Marriane just saw your post, it is a bit easier to tackle things when you start cos I have been very good and not eaten any chocolate this week at all and eaten really healthily, so don't stress yourself.  My friend told me today about a girl she knew during the 2ww who smoked herself stupid over the stress of it all and she is carrying twins now!  So there you go,

Happy weekend to all you gals and keep sane! ::)

Shi

·
Registered
166 Posts
HI EVERYONE,
                  marrianne thanx"dont feel that good about myself honey i just feel i had to and my partner is a no smoker and consultant went on and on at me when we went to see him and you no what none smokers are like but he said it halfs your chances so my dp and me decided i would give it a go i was on a diet before i stopped smoking but no **** no drink i cant starve sawell can i ??only 7 bays to go for my down ****** just hope i can manage needles any way gunna go now have a bath will prob be on later very addicted to this site its cool!!!!
                                            love smoggie xx ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi girls,thanks for all your good lucks,well hozzie have just phoned and said i can start down ****** on monday,so start taken tablets ^confused^tomorrow and we shall see if the fluid is still there when i have my next scan on 22.4 if fluid is still there that's it for this txt,if not then it's on to the stimms.I know they say that you have to see it as a huddle,but i don't know,we will have to wait and see.
Once again thanks for listening girls and "Bring it on".
Love lisa 1 :-* :-*

·
Registered
166 Posts
hi, lisa smoggie here just wanted to say good luck for monday honey
                      love smoggie xx ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi guys can I join you too? I'm a first time ICSI.

I'm waiting for confirmation of dates from the clinic but if all goes well should start d/r 21/22 April.

Edna

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi everyone, mind if i join you all?
I have started "sniffing" since wedensday. So far have not killed anyone apart from my husband!! no seriously its not that bad, maybe the symptoms have not started yet??????.
I have also stayed away from alcohol drink lots of water eat well and take pregnacare, force my husband to eat five fruit and veg and 2 litres of water a day and ban him from having hot baths!!!
And i have now relised that i am a bit mad!
Is anyone out there the same or should i calm down?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi me again!
Shi, i have just relised you are attending the royal in belfast,like i am,and that you are going to kyle on the 9th,i am going on the 8th!!!!
Is that in dublin?
looking forward to it ,i think its important to organise things to look forward to during treatment.
bye!

1 - 20 of 658 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.