Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are sexing scan results always right??has anyone had one and it ended up being wrong???

hayley

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was sat here thinkin maybe finding out but scared if it was wrong after buying lots of clothes ect for it to be wrong :eek: ;D we sort of know one is a boy but the thought goes through both of our heads now and again to find out properly at our next scan.half wants it to be a surprise but the other half wants to find out.

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I have heard of people being told wrongly too and that is why some hospitals have the policy of not telling. I would imagine a 4D scan would be pretty accurate though.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
We were told we were having a boy, and you could definately tell it was a boy  ;D  ;D

They do say 3 lines for a girl, bit like a hamburger but how true it is im not sure

Nikki xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

If they say it's a boy they're nearly always 100% right, however with girls is not always guaranteed!! :)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hi Hayley!

A lady I met at antenatal was told girl all the way until her last scan (over here you get scans at every visit). ANd she actually had a boy. I think there's a bigger chance they can get it wrong when they say it's a girl. I remember reading online the statistics say if you're told it's a boy 94% they're right but if you're told a girl only 80% they're right. We've been repeatedly told the same thing by our cons but because of this woman I met I keep thinking I'll believe it only when I see it. In fact hubby and I have kept it secret. Anyway It'll be more fun to announce "It's a boy/It's a girl" rather than "he/she has arrived" we think. And we've shopped for mostly neutral stuff so we haven't really given anything away.
Best of luck with your little ones!!!!
X

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
4D scans are 98% accurate I do believe. I had a 4d scan last time and it was really clear we were having a girl.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
just popping my head in as I've been thinking about this too.. Dakota what do you mean '3 lines like a hamburger'? sounded intreaging!

Bikergirl you actually made it sound really nice saying about the anouncement being 'its a boy/girl' !!

Rx

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My friend was told she was having a girl and bought loads of stuff and was really surprised when out popped a boy.  They were right with both mine though :)

Rachelxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
302 Posts
The 4d scans tend to be very accurate unless the baby is in an odd position which makes it difficult to see.  In that case, they would tell you that they were not certain.  We have been told a girl this time and, to be quite honest, even I could tell it was a girl when the zoomed in on the area!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We were told boy at 16week 4d scan - there was no mistaking it when he gave us a full frontal. My son is defo not shy hee hee.

Enjoy the moment!! Its fab when you find out xx

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
We got told 70% girl at the nuchal at 12w..

20w scan bubba was not playing...took ages to get the basic scan right let alone the sex.

We were really dissapointed as i desperately wanted to know.. Had to have a late scan at 31 weeks and the sonographer when asked straight away said GIRL..

Although she was sure and i did buy lots of girly stuff.. and was given loads at my baby shower.. i did take a plain white outfit into theatre for my section, as if there had been a mistake. Did not want my boy to spend the 1st hour of his life in pink!!

I still asked when she was born .. what is it??  LOL..

I suppose you can never be 100% sure unless you've had an amnio.. I've never heard though of any mistake..

Good Luck  xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I have been told this time 85% chance this is a girl, we saw the bum and there was no sign on boy bits so guess we having another girl much to my shock

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
first pic scan of baby girl second boy hope that helps xx( to see pic -imagine baby is sitting on a glass table and you are looking underneath at the private bits x0

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.