1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hope you are all ok?

Can anyone help me?

I got my BFP on Friday 15th July, but due to past experiences am very nervous and can't relax (see profile).

I'm having all the normal PG symptoms, dizziness, nausea, sore boobs etc BUT also have lower abdomen tenderness, twinges, tingling and slight af cramps (could be bowel related). Nothing is painful but just 'there' kinda niggling feelings that I can't dismiss.

Anyone else had these? Is it normal after IVF?

Am so worried I haven't even informed the hospital about BFP yet as feel I could be tempting fate.

So sorry to start a new topic but I'm beside myself with worry.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love Dakin xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Dakin honey congratulations!
I had all sorts of strange cramps - it's supposed to be caused by anything from your your womb adjusting/wind/bowels to continuing recovery from IVF.  Are you still taking progesterone?  I found they went away a bit after I came off the progesterone - think i was double dosing with my own progesterone giving me more pg symptoms than usual (ie lots of wind and constipation TMI!!)

Ring your clinic though if you're worried (and to tell them the good news!) it's what they're there for!!!   They can give you a blood test to check your beta HCG and confirm your pregnancy and if you're really worried they could do another in a few days to check it's still developing. I insisted on a blood test even though it wasn't normal policy for my clinic because I had a biochemical (early m/c) on my 2nd IVF.  They did it very happily because they knew I was nervous about my result.  Please try to relax and enjoy, I know it's hard with your history but IVF can work and you will get your baby!

Claire

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Dakin, try not to panic. I had pains all the way through the first trimester and even get the odd twinge now - they felt like period cramps and occassionally a stabbing pain in one side, but it is most likely just the construction work going on inside you to build everything ready for your baby to have a comfortable nine months.  But do call your clinic and get an early scan just to be on the safe side - I had a 7 week scan to double check it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy.

good luck

rachael md

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Dakin,

Congratulations on your BFP.

I think these pains are pretty normal. I had terrible cramps in the early days which I think were a result of the treatment. (My ovaries ended up in a pretty bad state with lots of cysts after EC). I know it must be hard particularly after your m/c but it doesn't mean that theres anything wrong. An early scan is a great idea as hopefully it will help put your mind at rest.

Best of luck.

Edna

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congratulations Dakin!

I was about to post exactly the same thing, I am 5 + 5 and have been getting mild cramps (have them now) and odd stabbing pains!  Thanks goodness we seem to be normal!! When is your 1st scan? Ours is on Tues, I can't wait!!!

Tulip x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.