Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my second cycle of clomid and after reading a few of the topics on here was wondering if it is worth taking as my partner has had three sperm test done at crm the results are as follows density 55 million motility A 20% B 34% C 16% D 30% normal forms 3%
the second test was 48 million, motility A 31% B 15% C 27% D 27% normal forms 7%.
Third test he had was for morh only which came back at 6%.

Could someone tell me whether this is a good or bad result

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi

Im no doctor but I was told that any count over 20million is to be considered normal.  As for the motility I think it has to be 50% or above to be 'normal' and anything lower than 30% motility is not good.  BUT I was also told that it depends on the shapes etc.  For instance if a  ^sperm^ ^sperm^ has a funny shaped head and has perfect motility it still wont be much use because it couldn't crack the egg (so to speak). 

I hope this is helpful.  I would say (and again I point out Im not a doctor and could be wrong) that your dh sounds ok.  My dh has count of 26 million and motility of 47% and we are being told to keep trying normally (just to give you a rough idea).  Although I have to say it hasnt worked yet  ;D.  We are considering egg share. 

Sorry to ramble  ^idiot^ good luck with TTC!  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Ruby

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Ruby

Density sounds fine.  We were told that normal is about 20 million and my DP's first sample was only 13 million.  I'm not sure if this was just a "bad day" (as the doctor said a low resulty can sometimes be followed by a perfectly "normal" result and sperm production can sometimes be temporarily compromised by bouts of flu etc) or a symptom of the problems he had as a child (groin hernia + op and an op on an undescended testicle).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.