Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having irregular periods since coming off depro vera jag approximately 4 1/2 years ago. As there is a history of early menopause in the family I was told that it may be likey to assume I would go through the same.

I was told at that time that there was no facility to freeze unfertilised eggs. Can you tell me if this is true?

I have been off ALL contraception with no pregnancy scares. Although I do not want a family straight away I would like to know if it is possible for me to have eggs frozen should I go through early menopause

Thanks and look forward to your reply

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Please note Peter is on holiday till end of May - he may not get round to answering your questions until then.

·
Registered
856 Posts
DZine said:
I have been having irregular periods since coming off depro vera jag approximately 4 1/2 years ago. As there is a history of early menopause in the family I was told that it may be likey to assume I would go through the same.

I was told at that time that there was no facility to freeze unfertilised eggs. Can you tell me if this is true?

I think that soem clinics will do it for you in the UK (not sure which) and I will certainly do it for you in Canada.

I have been off ALL contraception with no pregnancy scares. Although I do not want a family straight away I would like to know if it is possible for me to have eggs frozen should I go through early menopause

Yes, see above

Peter

Thanks and look forward to your reply

·
Registered
28 Posts
I attend CARE at Sheffield Fertility Centre and they have got a poster in the waiting room advertising egg freezing, so i presume that they will do it.

Jill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts