Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
I wasnt sure if any one is experiencing POF/Menopause at the moment and wanted a place to come chat.
i myself have what the clinic called a clicameteric menopause? sp (diagnosed back in the 1990's)
what this means for me is over about 15 years i will dip in and out of the menopause each time my ovaries will work less and less, i was last menopausal in september '04 REALLY bad hot flushes and night sweats to name just a couple of symptoms.
i had HK to combat this and thank God it has done the trick, but the pcos symptoms are present now!!

so anyone experiencing the menopause and facing treatment such as donor eggs because of this come and join me here by saying hi

Dizzi
XX

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi Dizzi

I haven't actually had the formal menopause diagnosis but under investigation due to extremely high FSH levels. I got married last Oct & started trying for a family & went to my doc's in Jan with another complaint & he sent me for blood tests as I hadn't had a period & my age. Then referred to the consultant who told me my FSH level was 81, ordered more blood tests & ultrasound scan. The last blood test the level was 53 & now on cyclo=progynova for 2 months to try &  induce a period & take 2 more sets of blood.
Started taking wheatgrass, changing diet & had my first accupuncture session yesterday.
If & it is a big if the level comes down we will go for IVF, & according to my consultant hammer the ovaries to try & produce. if not we will need to look at egg donor or adoption.

very sad but feeling positive at the moment as I am trying anything.
natalie

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi natalie sorry to here your fsh is so high, i never knew my fsh levels, they just said they were high.
it's really tough some days do you get hot flushes? or any other symptoms??

you are doing well if your levels have come down that much already keep going with the posative thoiughts and actions, best of luck to you  ^reiki^
Dizzi
XX

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hello

I was suffering with symptoms earlier in the year for a few weeks, hot flushes, couldn't sleep, night sweats, heart racing but all of that has now stopped thank goodness.
I am really pleased my level has come down just hope now with all the wheatgrass etc I can bring it down further.
Take care
Natalie

·
Registered
11 Posts
The doctors told me that I am in menopause. My FSH is 78, but I do not have any signs of it.

But when I drink alcohol I can feel warm, but if I do not eat sugar and drink alcohol and drink coffee then I am feeling fine. Try it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Dizzi

Also have high FSH and hot flushes and have been told that my ovaries are taking strain by the clinic -Have found FF so helpful and positive. There are so many options out there now that probably wernt available for us just a few years ago and I am hoping that we will be able to have the families we all so long for. Good luck
sandy

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI
my meno symptoms are fortunatly infrequent and at the moment are none existant, but each time I do get menopausal my ovaries work less and less the last really bad spell was september last year through till the end of october, thankfully alternative threapies put me right, at least by dealing with the symptoms. I had health kinesology and am currently having reflexology and 28day cycles.
I was diagnosed aged 24 with clicameteric menopause, basicly I will go through the menpause every few months over a number of years (15 aprox) each time lowering my egg reserve! until my menopause is over.

I have no idea what my fsh levels are I think they were last taken in febuary at mfs, but I never got told the results (if i did then I missed it!)
Good luck to you too
~dizzi~

·
Registered
112 Posts
HI Dizzi
I was dig. with POF at 30 not long after meeting the best partner I could wish for.
At the time we really would have loved kids, but I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that if I dont have d.eggs I wont have them. HRT as been a god send!!!!!!!!!
I was looking at your gallery and you look like my kind of woman.  ^banana^
I rarely vist the site any more (sometimes a reminder of the things we could have had.), but it would be nice to keep in touch with you and your progress.

Wishing you everthing you hoped for ^fairydust^
LUV karenj

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I was dx with POF at 17. I never had a monthly cycle and only bleed once a month if on the pill, which from my understanding is not a REAL cycle but rather the pill tricks my body into thinking I am having a monthly? Anyhow, I am on the pill loestrin mainly for the estrogen and feel MUCH better. I had not been on anything for 6 years prior to three months ago. I was sick of the night sweats and hot flashes and those have improved tremendously. I am working on getting healthy at the moment.

Best of luck to you and stay in touch. We have similar circumstances and I relate all too well.

GuitarAngel1979 xx

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
nats210 said:
Hello

I was suffering with symptoms earlier in the year for a few weeks, hot flushes, couldn't sleep, night sweats, heart racing but all of that has now stopped thank goodness.
I am really pleased my level has come down just hope now with all the wheatgrass etc I can bring it down further.
Take care
Natalie
Hi nathalie,

How exactly are you getting your levels down? I am interested in knowing! PM me!! :)

GuitarAngel1979 xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi I am 24 and was old two years ago that I have gone through an early menopause.
My doctor woudn't cofirm this to me and referred me but I went private and got an appointment. We spent  £120 for ten minnutes with a doctor to tell me that my FSH levels were 75 which would show that I have already gone through the menopause and that if I wanted a baby I would have to have an egg donor.
Two months previous to this my sister inlaws told me they were pregant and then two days before I went for my appointment my twin sister found out she was six months pregant.
My sister has gone on to have beutiful little boy that I love to peices he is brilliant.
Luckily for me my twin sister said that she would be our egg donor and so we started tx but when we got to the stimulation part my sis didn't have any reaction.
We then got told that it would be likley that my sis would never be able to donate, but we asked to see a doctor to discuss this.
When we saw the doctor he surprised us by saying that all we would have to do is to up the dosage of meopour and then again if she doesn't react to this.

So anyway after my mini essay we are hoping to be able to start treatment again in March we so hpefully it might go better this time.

It would be nice to hear of peoples stories as I have never talked to someone who has gone through an early menopause and I am surprised that people have had drugs to be able to see if there is any eggs left as I was never offered this.

Anyway it would be nice to hear fom someone

Take care

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello hiya!

Glad youve Found FF Hun and this thread  :)
heres a ^Cuddle^ for all you've been through already
I too need a egg donor, as the origianal post suggests! i hope to have my TX cycle this summer at the latest.....
there are a few of us here on the site that have had or are having DE TX.

I am pleased that your sister is able and willing to try again, i wish you love and luck for your next cycle  ^reiki^  ^fairydust^  ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^
~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi everyone, i think i have high FSH levels just about to have them tested  again after years.
mine was at about 12 about 8yrs ago when i had 2 cycles at ivf now i would like to try with ivf again they need to be tested but i am so worried that they are going to be high and i will not be able to do ivf .
Taking Agnus Castus hoping that will help i read what some of you put about Wheatgrass should i try that and where do you buy it from and how many should i take a day and could you take it with the Agnus if anyone can help.
Thanks xxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Nickel :)

I'm afraid I can't answer your question but if you look on the Complementary Therapies / Prenatel Care boards, you should be able to find something on Agnus Castus and Wheatgrass :)

Wishing you all the best of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know how long the waiting list is for egg donation
Has anyone had egg donation yet.
Hope you are all ok
take care
Nickel

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Nickel - The waiting list varies a lot depending on which clinic - I was told it could be up to 2 years but decided to go abroad for tx instead as there is almost no waiting.

I went to Spain for tx in September.  We had ICSI with donor eggs and I am now pregnant with twins.

Wishing you all the best of luck

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.