Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi girls!

Tyler - I was chatting to you today at the blood clinic, but was too shy to say who I was!

Wasn't sure what to say to introduce myself - maybe we should have FF badges? Or all wear an orange flower or something.. ;D

But is it was nice to see you.

I looked for Holly at the ARGC, but didn't see her.

BTW, I have long brown hair, glasses and was sporting a "boho" type top with maroon trousers.

I also met your lovely dog outside!

I will be back at the clinic again for more bloods at 9am.

I had my first cetrotide injection this morning - ouch! I had forgotten that they stung.

Puregon reduce to 300iu - which I take to be a good sign that I am responding ok.

Hope everyone has a great bank holiday!

Love
Jules

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi girls,

I just wanted to wish all you sniffers and stimmers all the best of luck - sounds like you're all meeting each other which is fab and will be a real support for the 2ww.

Marsel - good luck with your scan tomorrow - text me when you know!

Carmela - how are you? I hope you are well - sooo not long to go now - sooo exciting!!!  How is the nursery coming along???  I am fine, it's just that my feet hurt - they get all puffy but it's not that, yesterday I was out on my feet all day and then they reallly hurt - must be all that extra weight! Did you get that?  Also, did you ever get 'restless legs' when you were trying to sleep?!?!  I used to get it every month or so and now get it every night :eek: I think i just have to get used to all this and take things easy!!

GM - will send you an IM

Nikki - hope all well with you

Georgia - hello - hope you enjoyed seeing Smudgey

Speak to you all soon girls, love Tiggy x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello girls,

Layla, Martha, Amanda, Moni - thinking of you during 2ww, hope you all well and positive, DVD's sound like a great idea

Marsel - I am sorry you had trouble with your veins, hope you are feeling better and wishing you all the best with your scan, I have trouble with my as well but so far they found them after a while(my wrist or top of my hand), My levels are now 25723 (Sunday) and our first scan is on Wednesday, Are you feeling any different?

Tiggy - hope everything OK with you

Sorry not too many personal, need to catch up.  I was going crazy at home, being home from 22nd of July, so my dh decided to take me to North Wales. We wanted to stay from Friday to Monday but we had to come back on Saturday evening because I had blood test on Sunday morning. But the two days were excellent and the scenery is sooooo beautiful. I can't wait to go back to work on the 1st but my dh is not too happy about it as we have to prepare the classroom for children to come in. We'll have to be careful but don't want to tell at work just yet. 

I hope everybody who I haven't mentioned is well, sending you all lots of :)

Love Zuzi ^idiot^

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Girlies :)

Wow - this thread is alive and kicking! 

Wish I'd dicovered it before - I was just browsing last night as I agonise during our "fortnight from hell!"
I know I've already met some of you at the clinic - Martha and Layla - sending you lots of positive vibes.  (Martha - we met again on the steps just after your ec)  Layla - we started stims at the same time and were in synch but you beat me to ec.  Jules -  we met in that horriffic queue outside for bloods on Sat am - what a nightmare that was - not ideal 2 days post transfer!  Good luck for the rest of your cycle. Hope you had a better journey home  ;)!

I had ec last Monday (22 nd August).  Was amazed to have 12 eggs - best ever - our first fresh cycle at ARGC (but was on 450 units - I think that's the maximum)!  11 were suitable for ICSI and to our amazement 10 fertilised - it all seemed to be going so well.  2 days later we had five 4 cell embies, 3 x 3c and 2 x2c - I was starting to relax!  We  were called by the clinic the next day for a day 3 transfer - the best we had were two 5 cell embies which we had transferred (after a 3 hour wait!) and I have to admit to being very disappointed (I had one 6 cell but they didn't like the look of it and thought the 5c were better).  We were told they ideally should have been between 6-8 cell and they did not comment on the quality so I can only assume it wasn't great. The following day out of all the other embies only one had continued to divide from 4 to 6 cells and I'm now absolutely terrified.  I could not have hoped for the actual cycle to go any better - at the end of the day I think it must just be my egg quality is not up to much anymore (my FSH was 8.6 this time but 6.8 last cycle).  Feeling quite low but trying to stay positive.  Sorry if I sound negative - I know we were lucky to get as far as we did.

Our story is a little more unusual in that our embies were transferred to our wonderful surrogate so am trying to be as upbeat as possible for her sake but its hard. 

Has anyone heard of a positive from a 5 cell embie on Day 3?

The clinic wouldn't let us see the embies this time (we had a 6 and 7 cell tranferred in FET last when we were shown them).  Has this happened to everyone else too - is it a new policy?

We're testing Tuesday September 6th.

Clare xxx

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can't believe I forgot you 2ww girls - i am soo sorry - thinking of you and hoping that you are keeping sane - not long to go now - sending you loads of  ^reiki^ thoughts.  Welcome Clare - wishing you all lots and lots of luck x

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi all

Welcome Clare! This website will save your sanity during the 2ww. Goodness knows we all need it.  :p
Well, only a week today till I test, and I am going bonkers! Not much in way of cramps or spotting, and I have taken that to be a bad sign. But am doing my best to think positive and hope for the best - I hope Moni, Martha, Layla and Clare are all managing to do the same.
Good luck to everyone doing all their injections at the moment, and with all your blood tests. The bruises are a killer aren't they? Not so easy to hide when the weather is like this - no excuse for long sleeves!
Good luck to Marsel and Zuzi with their scans
love and luck to everyone else - hope you are all having a lovely long weekend
Amanda x ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi Clare!

Welcome to FF!

I really enjoyed chatting to you on Saturday - it certainly helped the time to go quickly in that awful queue!

So glad that you found the FF website! It is such a good source of advice and support. Hopefully it will help you through the dreaded 2ww.

I don't know if I told you but our DD was a 3 day transfer of 2 X 4 cells and a 6 cell, and I was told by one of the embryologists that one lady became pregnant with triplets with 3 X 4 cell embryos, so a 5 cell embryo stands a good chance!

I do hope that this helps to reassure you and hope to see you posting again on FF!

I am glad to say that we avoided the "many happy returns (of breakfast) on the journey home :)

Tyler - it was lovely to meet you and Holly today at the blood clinic. I am back yet again for another blood test tomorrow morning. The ARCG told me that they want me to have my blood test as near as possible to 7:30am, though I don't know why they want me there sooo early. So it will be another early night for me!

Wishing all the ARGC girls good luck,whatever stage you are at with your treatment.

Love
Jules

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good luck Moni, is it tomorrow you test? ^goodluck^

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks Ruth,
Yes it is tomorrow.  Have been ok the last few days until this evening - I'm really scared about tomorrow and want to run away and hide!  Trying to tell myself 'what will be will be', was working until an hour or so ago. :( 

I haven't done a hpt though - can't wait 4 hours between weeing, even at night!!

So glad I decided to post during this 2ww, as it has definitely helped.  Thank you  everybody.
Speak to you all tomorrow.

Love Moni
xxx

·
Registered
586 Posts
Moni - I wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow. I have everything crossed for your bfp. Take care, love GM XX

·
Registered
712 Posts
Moni - I realllllly hope you get your BFP tomorrow - I will be thinking of you. Sending loads and loads of  ^reiki^ vibes.  love Tiggy x

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very best of luck to Moni for a BFP!

Just wondering..........
Does anyone know Mr T's policy on the interval between fresh cycles? 

·
Registered
586 Posts
Cbee

I think the ARGC like you to have 2 afs inbetween cycles. Barbara told me you need this time to get yourself ready mentally. I know from a friend who had their follow up after a bfn that there is no reason medically why you have to wait, the drugs do not stay in your body she was told.

I am sure you wont need to even think about this.

Love GM xx

·
Registered
588 Posts
Moni

best of luck with your test tomorrow - hope you get a bfp.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Stay brave for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.
Cbee - have been told that milk thistle (avail from boots or biocare) is v good for detoxing liver after all the drugs, might help af get back to norm if u have problems.
Amanda x

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
MONI
GOOD LUCK  ;)
Love
Eva

·
Registered
284 Posts
Moni - good luck for tomorrow - I want to hear a  ^reiki^ in your result.

Claire - welcome - I think I chatted to you briefly on Saturday in the queue too -  I made a comment when I arrived to join the queue that we had shared the same lift at Regents Park tube. I then abandoned the queue to go to ARGC. Good luck for your 2WW.

Holly it was lovely to meet you today - hope your scan went fine

Jules - glad we met up properly today

Lisa - it was good to see you again too

Hi to Tiggy Zuzi Ruth and Carmela

Take care everyone else  (particularly Martha, Layla and Amanda - on your 2ww)

I'm in at 7:30 tomorrow but am waiting up to sniff before bed

Love Tyler

xxxxx

·
Registered
693 Posts
Moni, have everything crossed for you today.
Hoping to hear fantastic news  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Martha
xxx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Morning All,

Just wanted to wish Moni lots & lots of luck - ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you for today.

Martha, Manda, Layla, Claire - how are you all doing on the 2ww? Hope you are relaxing and managing to stay poitive.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you all.

Tyler, Sabina, and Holly - it was lovely to meet you all over the weekend. I was in and out of the blood place like a shot this morning, which made a nice change after the weekend. All this coming and going is starting to tire me out now especially when you have to stay up to sniff. ast might I went to bed at 9.30, set the alarm for 11 and practically sniffed in my sleep. ;D, it's the way forwardI think.
I've now got a long day ahead of me at work, so I hope I can stay awake, I think I feel more tired on the stimms than I did when I was just d/r.
Also, I'm getting very bad night sweats, did anyone else get these?

Hello to everyone else I haven't mentioned, love and luck to you all.

Lisa.x

·
Registered
890 Posts
Morning ladies hope you are all well.
Just want to apologise in advance if i miss anyone out or if my post has the wrong info,you see it does not take much to confuse me these days ^idiot^

Moni - wishing you so much luck for your results today ^reiki^

To our 2wws Layla, Martha + Amanda - hope you are all keeping well ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

To all our stimmers/DRs - Jules, Tyler, Holly + Lisa - wishing you all well and nice to see you have all met eachother

Marsel - good luck for your scan

Zuzi - hope you are well, please take things easy at work

Clare - welcome, wishing you the best of luck with the surrogacy

GM - hope you are well

LadyTango - hope you enjoyed your time away

Tiggy - yes i have both the swollen and restless legs, it does get frustrating but worth it considering what the cause is :)
At 1st only my ankles would swell, now the more i stand the more they swell along with my feet and legs.
You must take things easy because your body is having to do so much extra work it needs the extra rest.
Have you got your hospital sorted out?
We are going to work on the nursery this week and go shopping :)

I had a scan on Friday which showed to our amazement each twin now weighs approx 4 1/2 lbs each. Each time i see my Obstetrician the delivery date comes a bit forward, i still don't have an exact date but they are looking around the 23rd Sept. It is now starting to hit home that this is actually going to happen!

Love Carmela x

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.