Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, but I am so tired, having to have the early morning bloods so I can hot foot it back to work to do a full day (and the rest !) and then come home to a lovely injection (or two). I am on 600iu of Puregon and so sometimes need two injections to finish one cartridge and start another. Last time it was 450, but the pen only allows max 450iu each time, dh just winds it up again with needle still in me, is that OK, or should he do 2nd injection (I keep forgetting to ask clinic)?  I have booked every day next week as a half day, just to give me a break from getting up at 6am and getting home at 7pm. 

Georgia - How scarey, my heart pounded just reading your note. I am glad you and the boys are OK. Was this in Watford ? I am not sure about the 8th now as that is potential EC or call backs, I will have to play it by ear !

Jess - Thanks for that info re your "flare", it just seems so different to my last "flare". I haven't had a call yet to take the Cetrotide, but I am guessing that will come soon. I hope you are recovering OK from Hysteroscopy, it took me 5-6 days get back to normal, then of course AF came ! I was terrified that my FSH would let me down again, but it was fine, I hope yours behaves itself.

Layla - Excellent news on the heartbeat and rising levels ! You sure have a little fighter there.

Eva - You have probably discovered by now that they can call you any time up to 6:30, it depends on when they get your test results and when Mr T gets a chance to review them.  I had to call them the other day, as they hadn't called by 5:20 and I needed to know if I needed to go in for scan and to start stimming so as to arrange time off at work - they are fine with that though. Of course today they called at 1pm (whilst I was in the pub at a leaving lunch)  ::).

Lisa - Enjoy your pampering !

Tyler - Good for you ! Enjoy spoiling yourself. I went through a eat and drink what I like after my BFN, trouble is I am still in that phase, I just can't seem to give up the nice bad stuff  ::)

Missy - I hope ET went well today. Goodluck on 2ww

Jules - Your dh's description of ET describes it perfectly, made me giggle  ;D

Janna - I have sinus problems too, but I made sure to blow my nose before sniff time, just to try to clear things a bit.

Soulcyster - Wow, not only a bumper crop but excellent fertilisation and dividing, you are bound to get frosties out of that lot. Congratulations.

Kitty and Nicky - Try to keep positive, its so hard not to analyse every twinge  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love and best wishes to everyone else

Lx

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi everyone, Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

EC went well yesterday- got 2 blastocysts inside and for the first time ever , have been able to freeze some.
I am on Heparin, Prog injections, thyroxine and baby asprin. I agree with the perosn who said the gest shots DONT hurt . Poor hubby felt that it was like a horse jab but I have to agree its the heparin shots tha feel really scratchy! Got my HCGG test Mon 10th Oct -

Layla- SO pleased that your news was better on Thursday.
Soulcyster- you have got lots of lovely eggs- good luck for ET.

Off to relax a bit before back to work Mon ( groan)
Love Missy xxxx

·
Registered
413 Posts
Great news Missy!

I am due to have ET tomorrw.  My embies are currently in the blastocyst process.  I am a bit worried about the whole blasto process - why do they decide to do this and do you tend to lose a lot of embies?

Soulcyster

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
well done Missy... glad things went well for you. hope the 2ww flies by... hope you're resting up! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Soulcyster - GOOD LUCK for transfer tomorrow. I am sure that your embies will be nice and comfy when they are transferred!!  ::)
Layla - hope you're OK and your bean is GROWING
I started sniffing this morning and really now feel like i am on the icsi journey for real. as an icsi 'virgin' i am feeling quite nervous about it all - feel so out of control with it all - really have to just sit back and hope for the best!! should i be drinking all that water during sniffing or stimming? i think it's stimming where you're at risk of OHSS..right?
HELLO to everyone  ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
really weird. when i do my sniffing it completely clears my nasal passages - but then there is some dripping/liquid that comes out and i have to wipe my nose with a tissue... is this normal? i also get horrible taste after at the back of my throat..
sorry for all the questions!
eva

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Eva, if you lose a bit of spray by it dribbling out your nose it will be fine.

Soulcyster, they try and get the embies to the balst stage cos you have a better chance of betting a bfp as they know the embies they are putting back are good ones. Sometimes at day 3 they can't tell which ones are the stronger ones. i have had multipul BFN and got a positive in Jan this year with 2 blasts, sadly the pregnancy didn't continue but i would want a blast transfere every time. Yes there is a risk that you could loose the embies, but would they have gone on inside you? that's the million dollar question. Good luck for the et tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else, i have had a shi**y week, when i got pg in Jan 3 of my friends did to and they both had baby girls this week, My cousin phoned this morning to say she is pg with baby no 2 while i am so pleased for all of them i an jealous as my cousin said they only did the deed 3 times this month and it was their 1st month of trying. It is so hard sometimes to sound pleased for people.

Roll on  ^witch^ so we can start FET again. I am busy trying to get my embies transfered from the Bridge centre to ARGC.

Fiona

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi everyone

Great news about your frosties Missy well done!  It was me who said the gestone doesn't hurt, now you've reassured me that I have been doing it right - i was really starting to worry!  Fingers crossed for your embies now. I am on everything you are except thyroxine - what does that do?

Eva - great that you are starting the sniffing.  The horrible taste at the back of your throat means you are getting the dose which is good. I tend to blow my nose first, and really shove it up so it can get to the upper part of your nostril - but not so far that it is squashed against the nozzle as then it will dribble out.  The ideal is to get a fine mist all over the inside of your nostril.  I worry about the sniffing everytime as it feels so imprecise but i have never not downregulated, it seems to work. You are right about OHSS for the stimming stage but during downregging you will get headaches and the water helps that.  Also good practise for when you start stimming!

Soulsyster I agree with Fiona about the blast thing, it is just the next stage of their development so statistically you stand a better chance of getting pregnant with a blast transfer but equally well you can have a blast transfer and not get pregnant and have a 3 cell put back on day 2 and get pregnant.......
I have read that in a natural pregnancy a healthy embryp reaches blastocyst about the same time it arrives in the uterus, so it is eally mirroring what happens naturally. Fingers crossed for you. Good that you are going back to work, it will take your mind off it!

Hope you are ok Lorri, the daily blood trips are v tiring aren't they.  Are you on two trips a day yet? When is EC likely to be?  I reckon you are fine using the same needle, I can't see why not....as long as you don't waggle it around too much!  Sounds like you are getting very slick!

Fiona I know a bit how you are feeling - sister in law revealed number 2 pregnancy today and a close friend has confirmed hers. But very hard for you if it reminds you of what would have been, that must be really hard.  I've noticed you were at the Bridge Centre, we are planning to go there for DIUI after this (cos they import from the US). How do they treat their patients? Fingers crossed your AF will come soon. 

I am still getting intermittant AF cramps, so everytime I go to the loo I say  to myself - ok you're going to see some brownish discharge now which wil mean it hasn't worked...(sorry if TMI).  But I am worried I am losing the plot, as then when there is nothing there, I show some attitude to AF "Ok you're going to play it like that are you, ok well I'm ready for you"  ^zombie^  ^zombie^  ^zombie^

Take care all
kxxx

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Kitty,

We wouldn't go back to the bridge, have heard too many bad things about them and they got silly things wrong with our treatment which made us loose faith in them.

We are having a PGD "template" made in USA at a cost of $2,000 so will have another 3 attempts as we feel it would be a waste of money to only gove it one more go after paying all that money out.

If all that fails then DIUI may be the way forward or adoption yet to decide

Fiona

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Kitty, How long before you test?
Thyroxine helps with your thyroid and hormones in the blood. Am taking everything as prescribed and just wait and see.
CHin up , the 2ww is always the wotst bit, hope you are finding ways of passing the time.
Love Missyxx

PS SO glad that I read your post about the gestone shots, reckon its cos my bum aint that small!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Missy
I test on Monday morning but this is really inconvenient for school - so am thinking of doing a hpt tomorrow night and then if it is neg (which i really am expecting) then I will just go in on Tuesday morning which is better for me.  I almost feel like not bothering going at all - but i suppose it is good to get closure.  If i do get some kind of miracle tomorrow night with a hpt then i will go in mon am as i have read on here about girls having their meds changed etc if positive. 

By the way - that was also my conclusion about why the gestone wasn't hurting!  I have a very ample botty  ^shake^ with lots of soft flesh to cushion the blow!  ^roflmao^

Take care and hope you don't find the 2ww too terrible (of course with blasts it is only 10 days isn't it!)

Kx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hi Kitty
I just wondered what is making you so convinced that you will get a negative result? this isn't a flippant question as i know that you have been through alot!  :-\
I really hope that you get a good result tomorrow or monday and that it goes against your gut instinct!  :)
i am feeling very restless tonight just assessing our life. My DF took redundancy and he is interviewing for a new job which means we are putting our flat on the market. ??? we decided that London is no longer for us - too stressful. Just so much to do that at least it kind of takes my mind off treatment!  ;)
Eva xx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi

Layla - what great news,  ^spin^ fingers crossed for your next scan.

Soulcyster - wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow, so far so good - it's fantastic that you have so many at the 7/8 cell stage.

Marly - it sounds like you're going to have a full house  ;D

Missy - best of luck for the 2ww.

Fiona - I know exactly what you mean.  My cousin has just got pregnant with her 2nd and it is very good news but the selfish side of me is saying it is so unfair.

Me - I am just waiting for my mid cycle scan on Tuesday - getting very impatient as I really want to start my treatment a.s.a.p.

Hello to everyone else.

Take Care

Kerry

x

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hello

Haven't posted for a bit as I have had a rotten cold. Not used to it as have always had great immune system. A gril in my class sneezed and I caught a cold.

Kitty - I know it is hard but don't be negative I had af cramps before my bfp for days.

Missy - great news about your embies and having some to freeze. Just rest now and I hope time goes quick.

Georgia - that was a close one. I hope you are ok now, poor you, you must have been terrified.

Eva - great news on you getting started. Having the taste is a good sign and I always had to wipe my nose after as there was a dribble of the stuff - don't worry.

Audrey - hope you are ok and getting ready for starting tx.

Tiggy - will send you an IM. Was it fish and chips?!

To everyone else I hope you are ok and having a nice weekend. I can't remember what was on the last part.

Love GM XX

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for your good wishes girls. Eva I think it is just because I have had 4 BFNs in 18 months, with absolutely zero symptoms every time, so it feels like we haven't even got close to implantation. And I feel exactly the same this time, I know that in theory that doesn't mean I will feel different if I am pregnant but it's almost as though my brain and my heart have reprogrammed themselves to not allow even imagining the possibility of a BFP. I don't know if other girls with repeated failures get that feeling too. But I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom and don't want to bring others down.
Let's see what tomorrow brings!  ^rainbow^
Night night
Kxxx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi all,
Lorri - good move to take those half days next week, you must be exhausted. I trust ARGC have warned you about the "double blood test" days towards EC? Sorry not sure if you are already there yet but that is when you can test at 7.30am then get a call at 11.00am ...or 1.00pm ..or anytime...saying come back in now for another test please. I just mention it because it helps to be ready! I'm sure either way of taking the Puregon is fine - as long as it goes in.
Missy - 2 blasts and frosties! Well done - that is great news.Apologies for my Gestone complaints (yes it was me) I think it's both my bony bum and my total fear of needles longer than my arm. My DH has the horrors giving it to me too - well he did at first but I think after a full day of my pmt type rants I think he secretly likes to jab me with it.
Soulcyster - Good luck with ET today...take it easy this afternoon.
Eva - Either way it doesn't hurt to start drinking all that water now...if nothing else it really gets you in the habit...good luck with this cycle.
Kitty - I have IMd you - thinking of you today!
Laylar - Sending the little one positive thoughts!  :)
Fiona - I really feel for you surrounded by all those pregnanices ...its always the way isn't it. During just this cycle I've had three close friends announce theirs ....and my sister in law met her partner on the internet in April and is now three months pregnant! 
To everyone else - hope you are ok and doing well...
N x

·
Registered
57 Posts
^hello^

Layla- fantastic news about your litttle fighter!

Tyler, Lisa and Amanda - you all seem to be coping really well.

Thinking of you 2ww's Kitty and Missy London -the best of luck.  By the way Kitty - both times I've been pregnant I had cramping and brown discharge around time AF due so doesn't necessarily mean bad news - really hoping its good news for you! ^noAF2^

^help^
This first cycle for me after ICSI (august) is turning out to be a mega long one - ovulated this month on day 28 so will be 42 day cycle!!!  Normally I have 28 day cycles regular as clockwork - any of you other girls experienced this?  I certainly didn't have this after my previous IVF so wondering what it all means?

We were planning to start another cycle at the end of October but because of my long period it means things are delayed and we can't fit a cycle in then as my surrogate is not able to cycle November/December for family reasons.  January seems such an age away but then would give me time to prepare- try different supplements, lose a few pounds, get fit etc etc. 

I've spoken to Jenny at the clinic and she says we can definetely start in 2 weeks instead although not sure Mr T will agree (it would also be better timing cos my cycle would be naturally more in synch with my surro's then so less sniffing for her) - I'm in shock - seems sooo soon and when we went for follow-up were told to wait for 2 periods after post ICSI period!  The plan would be be to do the short protocol for the first time - anyone done this?  Not sure what to expect but guess it will be quick! This will be our final try so want to give it our best shot.  If it doesn't work at least this way would be able to move forward on a different path asap.  Our surro needs to have a hysteroscopy too so this would need to be done v shortly before transfer - we were originally told it should be cycle before - has anyone else had a hysteroscopy during stims?
Maybe we should see what my FSH is next period - hasn't been a problem up to now but it seems to be edging higher - do want to cycle when its as low as poss as I presume this may affect outcome.

Very confused - just wish we could speak to Mr T !  Many things Ahmed told us about our next cycle has been contraindicated (he was lovely though) and afterall its Mr T who makes the decisions. Any advise would be much apppreciated.

Hello to everyone  ^hump^ ^hump^

Clare
xxx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
GOODLUCK TOMORROW KITTY HOPE ITS A JUICY FAT POSITIVE

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hello everyone hope you are all having a  ^spin^ weekend.

Kitty -  ^goodluck^ I have everything crossed for a BFP for you...preparing yourself for a negative is a natural protective mechanism..but I truely hope you get your dream BFP well done for surviving the 2ww  ^bow^

Clare - sending you  ^witch^ vibes..my first cycle after icsi was 47 days..no-one got excited at my last clinic but my cycle after that was 28 days  :) I think it just proves how much our bodies go through physically.

Lorri - keep going ^sunny^ recharge your batteries whenever you can.

Eva -  ^pompom^ keep sniffing..well done for starting..sniffing is a nightmare..I felt worse (tired, hot/cold etc) whilst sniffing than when I was stimming. I used to old my head back for a few seconds after sniffing to stop that dribble..I also used to sneeze alot.. I would never make a coke addict  ^roflmao^. But don't worry too much as most people seem to Down reg with all sorts of miss-haps :)

GM - hope the cold is better  :)

Kerry - goodluck for Tuesday , like you I can't wait to get started  ^bigbad^ my scan is on wednesday..can you let me know how it goes so I know what to expect..hope your trains on time  ;D ;D

Missy & Soulsyster (well done with the blasts  ^banana^)...hope your not going stir crazy on the 2ww  ;) how many films have you got through ?  ;D

Fiona - sending you  ^witch^ vibes

Big    ^hello^to everyone else

Alli R

1 - 20 of 251 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.