Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Awwww, got locked out by Mookie...!! Trying again...

Marly & dh, congratulations on the birth of your little miracle James. Your post was lovely and your joy is quite tangible.
You sooooo deserve this - well done mate!
Love Ruth xxx

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Damn ! Got locked on me too

Paranoid - Nice to have you back. I have no clue about NK cells, but wanted to wish you luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marly - Brilliant news, welcome to James, and good luck with the breastfeeding !

Lisa - Poor you - toothache ! Have you tried oil of cloves ?  It is supposed to be the best thing for toothache. April 2006 doesn't sound that far away, lets hope they get the right notes for that one !

Bells - Welcome. ARGC can take a while. I don't remember how long it took for them to respond, but I think I had to wait about 8 weeks for my first appointment. If you are worried, give them a call to check their turnaround times for new patients. They are always very busy though, especially first thing and last thing.

Ruth/Martha/Alli thanks so much for your good wishes, it means so much.

ET went ahead quite smoothly. I had both embies put back, but 1 was still a 2 cell, so am not expecting anything from that one, but it is much better in than out. The othe embie is a top grade 8 cell, and apparently looked really good. Shame we don't get to see them any more. DH is cooking my dinner now, so gotta go.

Thanks everyone for your support. Now officially on 2ww, testing on 25th !

^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^2ww^

Lx

·
Registered
693 Posts
Marly, your posting has brought a tear to my eye. What wonderful news - congratulations to you and DH on the arrival of James. You give us all hope, both through your own story and your kind, kind words.

Lorri - fabulous news about ET. Now be a good Mother Hen and nest well over the next couple of weeks.  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ .

Love
Martha
xx

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi Girls,

Marly - Congratulations to you and DH on the birth of James - so pleased it all went well and you are all happily at home.  Can't wait to see pics!

Soulcyster - Congratulations to you and DH - fab news - I hope your levels rise really nicely.

Lorri - Great news you are now on 2ww - so pleased you have got both embies on board - that little 2 cell could definitely surprise you!

Wisababe - Not too long for you now - how exciting!

Lisa - So sorry you had a sh*tty day today - how disorganised. I hope your follow up goes really well and more than that, I hope you get a miracle this month.

Paranoid - FAB to hear from you and good news that your levels have finally gone down - really hoping that you can start tx soon.

We had a growth scan today and both twins are fine - almost the same weight but our little boy has got a bigger tummy and the little girl has got longer legs!

Thinking of you all and wishing you all lots of luck, love Tiggy x

·
Registered
693 Posts
Tiggy, that's lovely - what an amazing thing to see on the scan. I'm so glad the twins are well and thriving. Lovely news.
Martha
x

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Tiggy - Thats lovely news. Sounds like your baby boy has his beer belly already  ;D !

Lx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Marly
CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of baby James - your post brought a tear to my eye
Keep going with the breastfeeding, I promise it does get much easier, but it takes a while! (I can't believe people tell you it's easy - they must forget those first few weeks quickly!)
Lots of love to all of you
Jane
xx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Oh Marly
What wonderful news  :'( i am crying but for all the right reasons. You must be one proud mum!!
Welcome to the world James - I hope you have a very happy life and you are so lucky to have such an amazing mum...
Love
Eva  :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Layla - your story continues to be an inspiration. This little one is so strong, I'm sure he/she is here to stay against all the odds. Good luck with your resting up I hope it does the trick and stops the bleeding.

Marly - congrats to you and DH on the birth of baby James. What a lovely post. And yes, breast feeding is difficult, I remember saying at the time that it was the most difficult thing I ever did in my whole life. I remember a good analogy, it was likened to attaching clothes pegs to your nipples and jumping up and down. I can still recall the pain now. It does get better. :eek:

Soulcyster - Congrats on your BFP. I wish you lots of rising HCG's  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lorri - good luck for your 2WW. Your 8-cell certainly sounds like a good'un.

Tiggy - Your twins sound fab, a little beer belly and a leggy daughter. What more could you want.

Hi to everyone else - all the DRers, stimmers, 2WWers and inbetweenies.

I'm just waiting and waiting for my follow up on the 28th. It's such a long time I'll have almost forgotten the whole cycle  ^idiot^

Holly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

I am just starting treatment with the ARGC and wanted to say hi! :)  Currently going through the montoring cycle and just had immune tests done so fingures crossed!  how have you guys found the clinic?

Love

nikki :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Laylar - so pleased your little one is ok. Rest up and take it very easy.

Soulcyster -  congratulations on your  ^BFP^. Sending lots of  ^reiki^ thoughts for those rising levels.

Lorri - glad all went well today. Rest lots and sending you lots of  ^reiki^ for that bfp.

Marly - wow how lovely,congratulations, so glad all went well and you sound so happy. Hope the feeding goes well.

Paranoid - lovely to hear from you. Hope you are well. Only 6 days till half term. Will send you an e mail over the weekend.

Jane - hello.

Tiggy - how sweet a big belly and she will be pleased having long legs.

Georgia - I thought of you on Monday, glad you are ok. Close one nearly having a different operation.

Ruth - hello there, not long for you now.

Nikki - hello and welcome.

To everyone else hope you are well and good luck whatever stage you are at. I am off to St Mary's tomorrow to see the doctor because of the heparin.

Love GM XX

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Marly - huge congratulations to you and DH on the birth of your son James ^pompom^

Breastfeeding - ouch! Brings tears to my eyes even now when I think about it, but your n*pples do toughen up and it does get better. My, don't babies have hard little gums though!

Soulcyster - many congratulations on your BFP. Please don't worry about your levels (easy for me to say, I know, but my initial level was very low when I conceived DD, it was only 48, 14dp3dt but she certainly managed to make it!)

Hello Holly - I have IM you.

Lorri - sending  ^reiki^  to your 2 little embies and wishing you well on your 2ww. 8 cells sounds fab!

Tiggy - I had to smile when I read your post - lucky that it isn't the other way round! A little girl with a beer belly...  :)

Layla - I do hope that the bed rest does the trick and that the bleeding stops. How very frightening for you.

Tyler - hope that you are doing OK - I will IM you. Sorry, I know that I said that before  :-[

Welcome to Nikki - how would I describe the ARGC? Organised chaos, sometimes very long waits for scans, staff are, in my experience, lovely when they get to know you, but can sometimes seem rather abrupt. I particulary like Julie and Jenny, but that is just my opinion. You need to be pro-active and ask questions.

My Dad is improving slightly, he is now able to come off the oxygen for a short while, which is good news.
I am just very tired, juggling working, taking my mum to the hospital, looking after DD and DH and all the rest...

Love and luck to everyone, whatever stage you are at in your treatment,
Jules
xx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi

Martha - hope you are feeling OK ^Cuddle^

Lorri - glad to hear they have put two eggs back in, sending you ^fairydust^ for the ^2ww^

Layla - your little fighter certainly knows how to stress you out, glad to hear the baby is fine and hope the bed rest does the trick sending you ^hugme^

Sophie - wishing you luck with your hysterocopy tomorrow.

Missy - so sorry to hear about your BFN, hope you are bearing up OK.

Eva - try not to worry about how long it takes to down reg, on my last ICSI it took 3 weeks, so unfortunately you might have a while to go on them nasty drugs :(

Alli R - hope you get the OK to start sniffing soon, what a bummer that your GP messed up with the tests. Although I ovulated I never got to see the two lines it was only confirmed by a blood test, so I can't imagine that feeling!! :(

Soulcyster - congratulations on your ^BFP^ , ^banana^ hope your levels are rising nicely.

A big welcome to Cara & Nikki

Bells - We had to wait 3 months for our appointment and they gave us a date a month before the appt was due.

Lisa - so sorry to hear NHS appt did not go as well as expected. Hope your toothache has calmed down.

Marly - ^babycrawl^ ^blueted^ ^babycrawl^ congratulations on the birth of James ^babycrawl^ ^blueted^ ^babycrawl^

Paranoid - hoping you get feedback soon to when you can start treatment

Tiggy - pleased to hear your scan went well and that the little ones are fine, you must be so excited

Jules so gald to hear that your dad has improved.

I had a blood test on Tuesday which confirmed I have ovulated. On Tuesday night they confirmed I have immune issues (so I guess that has definitely made me opt for the ARGC as opposed to the NHS for my next treatment), although they didn't say much apart from it would just delay my treatment by a month as I need to take some more drugs (and I assume my treatment has just increased in cost :mad: ) , so I am now waiting for my leaflet in the post which should explain it all. Although I am a bit gutted about it, at least I know it can be treated. It's silly really even though we have so many factors against us, I keep trying to convince myself we might still get pregnant naturally ??? - I suppose we all have our dreams!!

A big hello to everyone else

Take Care

Love

Kerry

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Layla, I know your news is mixed but sounds like your little lodger is quite determined with what you say about size, heartbeat and movement - stick to the bed rest and remember we're all thinking of you.

xx

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Damn these gestone jabs are painful, even nearly 3 hours later I can still feel the needle. I bought the freeze spray that Georgia recommended, but I don't think dh gave it enough time to take.  What with that and 2x heparin per day I am feeling like a pin cushion, at least my water intake can go down to 2 litres per day, so I won't be swishing around so much.  Any tips on the Gestone ?  I have read somewhere on here to warm it first, so will remember that for next time.

Jules - I am so glad your dad is improving, I have been thinking about you and him lots an looking out for some news. It must be very tiring and stressful for you.

Layla - Great, some good news. Its been a real worrying time for you, and now to have all that bleeding. Take it easy and take care of your little fighter.

Holly - Did you ask for a cancellation ? Its horrid having to wait so long.

GM - I must have missed something, are you reacting badly to heparin ?

Nikki - Welcome. Jules is right, they can definitely be described as organised chaos, and it can be disconcerting at first, but once they get to know you and you know whats going on, its actually quite comforting knowing they are working their best to get you that bfp - especially Mr Taranisi.

I am off to bed now, I think I will have to sleep on my side, as  ^shake^ is too tender !

Lx

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Woke up with a start this morning as I just realised I forgot to pay the congestion charge  yesterday ^furios^ . I don't suppose anyone knows if IVF ET is exempt ?  How can they expect you to go on public transport ?  DH is really cross with me as the penalty is £50 !!!! 

Lx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Layla - it never ends does it. i am pleased you have continued reassurance. but try not to do anything and rest - don't even lift a finger!! :)
Lorri - great news about your transfer ^reiki^ ^reiki^ I remember when i was having a really bad day with all this ivf stuff and i got a £50 fine through the post i was absolutely raging :mad: - a decent law abiding citizen etc...
Kerry - sorry you have the added expense of immune issues - but great that it has been picked up and will be treated. Thanks for the reassurance about down regging, i have another blood test today (whoopee!)!

and finally a little word to Soulcyster

CONGRATULATIONS

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
My df has just been offered a job in Bournemouth!  :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Morning all

Marly congratulations on your miracle baby James hope you all settle in nicely and please hurry up with the photos we are all dying to see them  :-*

Hey paranoid your back  :p will chat to you soon matey  :-*

Tiggy what a delight to see the twins again.Now who has the big tummy and who has the short legs  ;D

Lorri well done on getting your embies put back in  :) and can't believe the gestone is hurting you with the spray.Warm it in your hands as you are doing that get dh to spray quite near the spot then jab,shouldn't really hurt  mind you I do have a big bottom  ;D.We also forgot to pay the congestion when we had ET they didn't care and we had to cough up  even when we wrote to them as well.Heartless buggers  ;D

Soulcyster congtraulations on getting your  ^BFP^ hope your levels rise nicely

Eva congtrats to your df on getting a new job hope your well as well  :)

Layla hope your resting well sweetie look after yourself  :-*

Jules glad your dad is getting better wish him well  :-*

GM hope your appt goes well  :)

Sorry if I have missed anyone,all is well in the georgia household loving having the week off.Jess is loving her walks and loves the river here.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend
Love Georgia
xx

1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.