Happy Chatting  ^gossip^

love and luck
Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Thanks girls for replying.

Are any of you NHS? I am so confused as I thought the ARGC were one of the the most expensive clinics, so why are the NHS sending me here?
I have been told it will either be here or the Chelseas and Westminster. Not very keen on the latter as have heard some bad reports so will have to wait and see. Am a bit worried about all the commuting from sunny sussex but hey ho

Thanks for all the advice, and good luck

Lou xxx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
^hello^ Girls

Sorry I have not been around on this thread but since my  ^BFN^ last month nothing really to report,it actually knocked us back really hard.
Firstly I just want to congratulate everyone that has had a ^BFP^ recently specally Emmi as she was always there for us.We have really just got over the fact we will never have children again well naturally anyway so are going through adoption to hopefully get our dream.We do have a follow arranged for 14th Jan so hopefully some answers there.When I started this thread back in April I would of thought who followed suit people like Fiffi,Crystal and Flick we would of all been pregnant by now,sadly thats not to be so hopefully 2005 will be there year.
I wish you all a  ^stocking^ ^xmastree^ ^stocking^ Merry Christmas and hopefully 2005 will be the year those left behind a bloody great year.

Love always
Georgia
xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Georgia, how wonderful to hear from you, I often think about you and wonder how you are.  You are so strong and I really do admire you.  Next year will be a good year and adoption is a wonderful thing, you will make such a great Mum - again.  Giving a child the love and home you can offer where it would otherwise not know is amazing.  I wish you every success in this.  Thanks for your good wishes.  I know it is probably hard to stay in touch but do let me know how you get on with everything as I would love to hear.  Wishing you a very happy Christmas my sweet,
:-*

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tonga, Good luck for your appointment today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know how you get on, fingers crossed for MrT.
xxxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kim, Thanks for your reply on your levels. Amazingly low now, fantastic!  It gives me hope as mine are high and I've had 4 but due to test them again after my next ivig again.  As for the money  ;D you must be skint!  I am struggling but hey with a baby inside me I suddenly don't care about money - although the bank manager seems too!  ;D  As for feeling  the first kicks, Oh My God! how amazing!!!!!  It must be wonderful, that's great news, WOW!  I bet you want to feel it constantly don't you?  Funny that you still check the bed and loo, I am too, even to the point of going in the middle of the night and having to turn the light on to check which wakes me right up then I take ages to get off again!  Was a bit worried last night, as I rolled over I got a really sharp pain, sharper than any other I have had that woke me up instantly, almost like I'd been shot in my tummy - not that I know what that feels like of course!  ;D but after many loo paper checks everything seems ok.  My next scan is the 28th and I so can't wait, it'll be a long Xmas!  Here's to a kicking Xmas for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am so excited for you!
Abby, You made me cry with your wonderful post, amazing and at such a difficult time in your life, I lost my Grandad at this time last year and know how difficult it is.  It is truley wonderful and the argc will help you along the way, most of us are on the gestone injections and will probably need them untill we are 3 months.  Top Tip, ice your bottom first for 10 mins with an icepack or frozen peas as you don't feel anything that way and make sure dh is handy with the tissue paper to apply after the needle comes out to stop the liquid spirting out, you will be fine.  As for the milk, I am the same, hate it so flavour it witha bit of chocolate  ;) Hope this Christmas is a good one for you and you can look to the future.xxx
Tash, good luck with your bloods today, rest up!!!!!!! I am sort of the same on the food front although I am making sure I eat even though I don't fancy it.  Sounds like you are doing the right thing.  I am certainly putting weight on though!!!!!!!!  I have no sickness atall but my boobs hurt a bit, esp. at night.  Just try to take it as easy as possible, if your levels are rising then there's nothing to worry about, it is probably just nestling in deeper.x
Nikki, Sounds good honey, I don't understand levels but if they are better than last time that has to be a good sign, roll on surge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy Christmas free of London!xx
Lou, ARGC are fab.  I wasn't aware they treatednhs patients eigther but you never know, they really are the best so you will be in safe hands, good luck and welcome!
Vic, great news, take it easy sweetie, must has missed your post, sorry!  How was the scan, could you see any more than before?  Looking forward to my next one, enjoy Xmas.xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tash, Megan, Nikki, Victoria, Emmi, many thanks for all your good wishes they mean so much.  I felt guilty posting to say I had conceived naturally as I hadn’t gone through all the turmoil of the IVF procedure but I really felt like an ARGC girl as I had been through so much before getting to the last stage of consultations at ARGC and then awaiting AF to start my monitoring, but thanks for your support and encouragement you are all truly fab.

Tash hope all goes well with your bloods, Nikki enjoy your break until the 4th, Victoria, glad everything is going well and the blood in your uterus was nothing to worry about, take it easy and get plenty of rest and to all the other girls Van, Laura, Megan, Emmi, Kim, Jane, Georgia and anyone else I have missed hope you have a good Christmas and best wishes for 2005.

Yesterday the nurse showed me how to administer the gestone injections, which seemed pretty easy, she showed me using a needle that seemed pretty big for what I was expecting and said the chemist would probably give me a smaller one.  Anyway they directed me to the John & Ball Pharmacy (or something along that line) on Wigmore St, but silly me stopped at the first chemist that I saw on Wigmore St in case I couldn’t find the other. 

Anyway the needle size was pretty much the same as the one that she used as an example, and I was expecting something smaller.  I was petrified last night and dh and I ended up shouting at each other as I kept jumping and he was losing patience and kept saying the sooner we do it the better as the needle should be sterile and not hanging around for ages.  I have to say it was painful, and is still sore this morning, feels like I have been kicked in the backside by someone wearing steel capped boots.

Sorry for all the moaning, but I have a few questions, should the needle be smaller than the one I have which is 0.8mm x 40mm, can I only inject on the left buttock and does every bit of the needle need to go in?  Appreciate any advice you could give.

Love Abby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi girls,

Yes I am going completely beserk  ;D :eek: ^eyes^ ^tantrum^ ^roflmao^ ^scared^ ^NahNah^ ^help^

I keep waking up at 3am always assuming I got to sleep in the first place, then I cant sleep after that. Feeling totally exhausted and not very hopeful. My pg test which is due on the 25th cant be done until the 29th!!!!! I will have lost my mind before then. ^NahNah^ ^NahNah^ ^NahNah^

Love

Laura
XX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Van and thewife,

Good luck for tomorrow. Really sending you every possible wish for a BFP  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love

Laura
XX

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Girls

Well I'm a bit :( 'cos I've had to dip out at seeing Father Christmas with my neices today! Normally, the whole family (about 10 adults & 2 kids) go off to the local park where we see ^santa^ & go on all the rides. They have a fab grotto, with loads of singing / dancing / moving animals - takes me back to being a kid! I thought I had a hangover on Monday (the day of my scan) 'cos I had a few voddies at my BIL/SIL's the night before - ended up very
and couldn't get off the
all day. Well I've still got it - I'm not being sick any more, but I can't be further than 2 seconds from a toilet at the mo. Maybe it wasn't a hangover after all ::) I felt very ashamed of myself at my appt on Monday, thinking it was a hangover and nearly laughed when Mr T said " your bowels seem very active today!" - If only he knew ;D

Abby ~ Oh blimey, don't like the sound of those needles - now I'm not a needle phobic, but DH is, so if I ever have to have those injections, it'll take hours ;D Hope someone can answer your questions soon.

Georgia ~ Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and I really hope 2005 is your year. Tons of luck with your follow-up on 14th January :-*

Eva & Tonga ~ ^goodluck^ for your consultations today - let us know how you get on

Van & The Wife ~ Tons of ^reiki^ for tomorrow xxx

Laura ~ Oh No - it's hard enough to wait through the 2ww as it is, without having to wait any longer. Do you think you'll sneak a hpt before then? I know I'd have to but I promise I'm not encouraging you to - you'll have the ^police^ after you!!

Hi to everyone else - hope you're OK ;)

Catch up soon
Take Care
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
247 Posts
hi

thanks for your good wishes everyone, but it looks as though it is over for me....af seems to be starting and I've never bled before test date before.

I'm at work now, so have popped in quickly....will follow up later, when I get home.

brave face for now!

thewife - I soooo  hope you get a +ve tomorrow

Van
XX

·
Registered
204 Posts
the wife,

hope so much you'll get a positive tomorrow, good luck!! ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love renata

·
Registered
204 Posts
van,
so sorry to hear about your bleeding, hope so much it's a positive anyway. I'm thinking of you ,hun.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love
renata

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi girls :),

-georgia- so good to hear from you, this must have been so hard. However, I am convinced you will be very very happy with adopted children, I know so many happy stories about adoption.

-tash- agree that wind and funny tummy is definitely from cyclogest. About your loss of appetite: this just means you are really truly pregnant. In my first pregnancy I had no appetite at all and could hardly eat a thing for the first 4 months, all food just grossed me out and I actually lost weight, everything went fine though afterwards. It really helps to eat small frequent meals or snacks and I have also found that chewing crystallised ginger makes the nausea better ( tea made from fresh grated ginger is even better. Also fennel tea and peppermint tea helps.

Am in for my first scan tomorrow, am terribly nervous, ironically because I feel actually better (OHSS has calmed down and overall less nauseous). this waiting is so hard!

If anyone is in tomorrow around 10 am please say hello: I still have a big belly and will be wearing black coat with black fake-fur trim.

Love
renata

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya everyone,

Georgia, really good to hear from you. I wish you all the luck in the world in your pursuit of adoption.

Renata, good luck for tomorrows scan. I was at the clinic today and they were saying apparently tomorrow is gonna be really busy with loads of gestation scans so be prepared to wait!

Abbey, the gestone needle IS really long I know. You can put it in either buttock - if you put your thumb where your hip bone is, lay your hand flat  and draw a circle with your 1st finger that is the area that may be injected. It is painful, we had problems with the stuff coming out after but if you leave the needle in for 10 secs or so after injection it helps. Also blot with tissue after. Some girls find freezing the area with frozen peas 1st really helps. Also whilst having IVIG someone mentioned a spray sold by Boots that one can use to desensitise the area prior to injecting, apparently its better than frozen peas! Good Luck!

Kim how great to feel kicking, I was surprised that you still check for blood, I have this vision that after 12 weeks I wont worry anymore...I dont think that will be the case somehow!

Lou - welcome. Its great that the NHS have referred you to ARGC - they are THE BEST!! At leat you have benn through tx before so you'll roughly know what to expect although ARGC do daily bloods during stimming which is apparently different to other clinics.

Van please dont loose hope because of the bleed, I bled 2 days after my positive and all still seems well. GOOD LUCK for tomorrow.

The Wife - GOOD LUCK for tomorrows test.

Hi to everyone else

Tash
xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya

clinic just called, levels have risen to 4657 HURRAH!

No more bloods now, Scan booked for next Wed 29th and possible IVIG after depending on scan and immune results. I may therefore be joining you Emmi and Vic!

Need nerves of steel between now and then...

LOL to all

Tash

xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tash, fab news, great levels, really high, well done!  In will see you next Wednesday then as I too am in for a scan and ivig.  Barbara just called me and said she'd mis-booked me for tuesday when they aren't doing ivig's so to go in Weds instead.  I am also in this Friday for a scan but was warned it'll be manic there.  Your scan will be brill, you will be 6 1/2 weeks then so should see a good strong heartbeat, how exciting!
Renata, good luck for your scan tomorrow, it is amazing, what a nice pre-christmas treat to meet your baby!
Van, please don't give up honey, as Tash said, lots of women bleed, just take it easy and keep those fingers crossed, mine are crossed for you.xx
thewife, good luck too for tomorrow. :-*
Nikki, you made me laugh with your quote from MrT saying your bowels were very active today!  haha.  Bet you wanted to die, please tell me you didn't  fart on him or something... ;D ;D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Megan - hope you are feeling a bit more sane. I am also keeping my TX secret from my parents, it makes me feel like a naughty school girl with all the lies i tell!

Kim - how great it must must feel to get a small kick for the first time  ^cloud9^

Abby - so happy to read your story, look after yourself + please keep us updated.

Lou - hi, hope your TX is at ARGC because they are the best.

Georgia - nice to hear from you. I wish you all the luck in the world with the path you have chosen to follow.

Laura - love your smilies! I think the  ^police^ will have to make an exception in your case, you would have to be made of very strong stuff to wait an extra 4 days!!!

Nikki - you must have that horrid tummy bug going round. Hope you recover soon and it doesn't spoil your Christmas.

Renata - good luck for your scan tomorrow

Thewife - EVERY THING IS CROSSED FOR YOU TOMORROW

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Tash - well done on your great levels

Hello to every one else

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
890 Posts
Van - i am so sorry, was so upset to read your post. I still have every thing crossed for you until you know for certain.
Love Carmela x

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi all
i had my first consultation today - i think it was mr g (?). i had to concentrate to understand what he was saying as he spoke as fast as an express train. there was so much to take in i kind of gave up half way through and tried to digest the most important things, like, they can definitely work with our severe male factor problems and that i have a scan on the 29th december. i am now worried that there will be something wrong with me - but trying to not think about negative things for the time being!
i have to say that mr g (?) smiled a number of times and every time he did i wanted to burst out laughing  ;D as i kept thinking of all the messages about him i had read here. my dp who doesn't speak to anyone about anything to do with his infertility looked bemused if not a little petrified  :-[ ..! it wasn't that busy there which surprised me - i was there about 11-12ish..
van keeping everything crossed for you.

eva x

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.