Hope everyone had a great Christmas
Love always
Georgia
xx

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Morning Everyone

I've just tried phoning ARGC and the answerphone message says that they're not open until 4th Jan.  I thought they were open 9-12 today for phonecalls.  Answerphone doesn't say to leave a message, just to call the mobile if it's a medical emergency.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for ARGC - I just want to get a message to them, don't really need to contact them urgently, but preferably needs to be before 4th Jan.

Laura & Megan ~ tons of luck for you both today xxx

Take Care
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Nikki,

Just to let you know that the ARGC are open today because I popped in this morning at 8am.  Mr T and Mr G were both there as well as one of the girls (think her name was Susan).  I think they are open until at least 12.

Good luck.

Emmi - not sure if I saw you this morning or not.  I was just leaving at about 8.20 and I saw somebody and their DH coming down the stairs.  If it was you I really pray that everything went well for you this morning.  Lots of love.  Tonga xxx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nikki
when you phone leave a message, if it gives you a chance, and ask that they ring you back asap.  chances are that there will be someone in the background and will hear it - that's happened to me before now and they rang me on my mobile as I was leaving the message from my landline!

If you do send an e-mail mark it as urgent as I sent them one last year and was later told by an embryologist that they don't check them very often and had only got my message a couple of days after I sent it.  Of course, they may have since realised that they need to check them more often!

good luck
Van
XX

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you all for you warm welcolme. :)

Eva i hope your mid cycle scan goes well today, i remember the first one i had. i had no idea it was a internal scan i was all prepared to lift up my jumper, you must have seen the look on my face.  :)

Nicki thank you for pointing me in this direction. It will be great if we cycle together. I hope you manage to get hold of the clinic this morning. The minute you do i bet you will surge its just the way!!!!

Thank you Tash and van for your warm welcolme. I hope i will be able to support everyone in return, although my knowledge is still very limited. :-[

Lots of Love
Emma X

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi again

Georgia, Van, Tonga & Emma ~ thanks for your help guys, I thought I'd ring ARGC one last time before trying to e-mail them and luckily I got through.  They should be getting back to me this morning to let me know what to do next as I still haven't had my 'surge'  ???

Catch up soon peeps
Take Care
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
megan, laura and emmi - hope today brings good news for you all.

i had my scan. didn't know what to do - and mr g had to tell me practically everything. it all happened so quickly (a lot of money for 10 minutes scanning!). mr g yawned twice but i kept him awake with questions. he said something about me having very mild polycystic ovaries but only when i asked. he didn't seem bothered by it though. but it kinda worried me - does this mean that even if dp sperm was fine that i wouldn't be able to naturally conceive?
we got results back from dp sperm test and it was improved showing 10% normal forms. it was quite funny as barbara told us in a very tactful way that it wasn't in the normal range - but we were mentally popping open the champagne after two tests showed 100% abnormal!!  ::)

eva

·
Registered
247 Posts
Eva
that sounds great! Good old Mr G.  Don't be concerned about the mildly polycystic ovaries - I understand that a fair proportion of women have them but, because they don't have other problems and can concieve normally, they often don't get diagnosed.

I know I'm not the best example but I have polycystic appearing ovaries, but I ovulate normally every month.  It seems that other things are affecting me instead.

well done dh - 10% sounds great after previous results.

Van
XX

PS - Laura and Megan.  Hoping for +ves from you.....I'm constantly pushing the refresh button in hope of good news.

Emmi - hope the scan went well.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well girls, i never thought I would be writing this post.  I got a positive today.  I went in for my bloods and spent the next hour or 2 wandering around the shops.  i couldnt face going home and waiting for the call because as you know my mum is here visiting and i didnt want to have to take any bad news and pretend everything was normal.  my husband came to meet me at about 12.30 and we were having a coffee around the corner from the clinic.  DH then said he would pop into the clinic to drop off our insurance forms (we didnt think the results would be in by then but i decided to wait at the coffee shop because i just couldnt face it).  anyway he came back and said that he saw julie and that she had asked where i was and had i had my result yet.  she then said that i should come into the clinic.  so of course when dh told me i burst into hysterical tears and refused to go.  dh said well i think it might be good news because she was smiling.  so in i went, a blubbering mess.  julie came out and said 'congratulations'.

van, thanks so much for your kind words i am in awe of your graciousness.  i read the telegraph article too thismorning and had lots of uncharitable thoughts about her.

to the rest of you, thanks for your wishes of good luck.  i have been a bit quiet these last few days, but i've been logging on religiously.  Your support has made a difference, so thank you.

love and luck to all

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^cloud9^ ;D
CONGRATULATIONS MEGAN. WHAT LOVELY NEWS!! wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
evax

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted for ages but have been reading and followingyour progress. As we head into a new year, I just wanted to wish everyone success and happiness for 2005.
I never thought that I would ever be pregnant and to be honest, I still haven't bought anything baby related as I still feel like I am kidding myself and someone will wake me up at any minute.
I only hope that you all experience the complete joy that we have- you are certainly in the right hands.
Good luck to all.

Love Amber x

·
Registered
247 Posts
Megan - that is wonderful news!  I am thrilled for you ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^congrats^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

what a wonderful way to end the year!

take care and enjoy
Van
XX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all
I wonder if you could help me out here. I have been having a mid cycle scan. My cycles have recently become rather long (approx 6week). Anyway, on day 11, there was no activity. I juts went in today for day 18 scan which also showed no activity of the ovaries. I had to do blood tests for FSH and LH and oestradil(sp?). One of the doctors called me (don't know me), telling me that my FSH and LH levels were abnormally high- they were 40 instead of 10. He told me that at such high levels the chances of a positive response to fertility drugs is very limited- more or less pushing me away. He couldn't tell me why this was the case. I thought ARGC took on any cases.
He preceded to ask me the age at which my mum went through the menopause, which was not very helpful at all.
Do any of you know what cause this and how one can reduce the levels?
Any tips would be appreciated.
I have been taking agnus castus and Marilyn Glenville fertility plus, but surely this cannot effect it. Also, is stress a contributory factor?

Thanks

Viv

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Viv,

So very sorry to hear about this very upsetting telephone call.

Have you ever had your hormone levels taken before this cycle and before the supplements?  Although Agnus Castus is used to help with high FSH levels I wonder if in your case it has had an atypical effect and raised rather than lowered them?

Many Clinics will not start a cycle with FSH levels over 10, so 40 indictates some abnormality is taking place and this will take investigating before you continue. The ARGC have really fallen down on helping you to proceed further. The question about your Mother's menopause was relevent but shocking and insensitivey done.

On my first cycle my FSH level was 6ish and on my second it was 4. I took fish oils, oil of evening primrose, l-arginine and preconception vitamins inbetween.  I am told that wheat-grass is also believed to lower FSH but only on hearsay.

Hopefully other women will be able to contribute further and more factual information. I'm really concerned about the Agnus Castus and wonder what it is doing?

With warmest regards,

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi viv - before i post below - i don't know the answer to your question, but have a few doctor friends who i could ask for you. i will be interested to read the responses to your problems 0- as i am sure you aren't alone! i wonder if there is another thread on the site where you could get more information or perhaps you could search...?

i had a blood test today to check my hormone levels (will they be checking for fsh/lh in this?). should i call the clinic for the results - or will they call me if there is anything that needs to be discussed. i am 14 days into my cycle and mr g said he thought it would be a longer cycle (i vary from 28-35 over the last 4 months). i am starting ovulation prediction kits tomorrow. just feel a bit out of my depth at the moment!

evax

·
Registered
27 Posts
Megan

many, many congratulations I am really thrilled for you. ENJOY!

LOL

Tash
xxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Viv how distressing for you. Im sorry I cant help you at all with those levels and what it all means. If I were you I would try to arrange a meeting at ARGC to discuss matters further.

Eva, the clinic should let you know the outcome of the blood tests. I never found out the levels of my hormone profiles - I was just told that things were OK. Good Luck!

LOL

Tash
xxxxxx

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.