Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Tonga

I know what you mean about the cost of the Humira (plus IVIG, but I'm not thinking about that til treatment begins!)  I've kind of given up worrying about the money side of things - don't get me wrong, we're so not made of money, but I don't want to end up stressed out and working myself up (like I normally do).  I want to stay all  ^reiki^ and think of a rosy future - well it's working so far  ;D

It'd be great if I could only have one month on Humira - but I know that that hope is a tad pie in the sky.  Mind you, Julie did mentioned that it does only take a couple of injections for some girls - but for others, it can take months!  Let's hope were part of the one month lucky ones eh!

To be honest, I'm not really working towards any date for treatment.  I'm putting myself in the hands of ARGC and whatever they decide is right for me, I'm kind of happy with.  I got so het up at my last clinic because we were always trying to reach 'goal' dates and the stress of that was far worse than the treatment itself.

When are you hoping to have your first injection?  Do you know where you've got to inject?  What type of injection?  Is it one of those 'bite on something' painful ones do you reckon?

Take Care
love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi Nikki
Thanks for your explanantion it was really useful. Have you had a hysteroscopy? If so does it hurt? I had a laparoscopy years ago so is this something they would still suggest after my failed cycle? I know I am probably jumping ahead but when I go for consultations and things I can never think fast enough at the time to bring things up and then after I wish I had asked about all sorts of things.
Well done on your shopping, I am most impressed, since my bad news I have survived on a diet of M and Ms, pizza and red wine - good eh?!! When do you go back to the Clinic? What do you have to wait for before you can start your injections?
GM xx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRLS

Emmi Thanks for the email loved it babe  :p
GM Sorry to hear you got a BFN it hurts I know but that positive is only round the corner ;)

Van We have been in contact with our local authority since Oct 03 but I pulled out just to give myself another chance.Well no such luck there so phoned them back again and went to see the manager who accepted us back on track the reason so quickly is because as we had already been investigating adoption they found us to be very serious about it.Hopefully things work out and we will be parents again soon ;D

Tonga & Treacle
I was on Humira for 1 month and Mr.T was happy to see my levels drop dramatically so was able to start TX.Treacle you inject it in your tummy and it doesn't hurt at all just stings for a while.Good luck girls ;D

Well I'm not well got a kidney infection so feeling very sorry for myself :'( so off to have a lie down

Love always
Georgia
xxx

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Everyone

GM ~ I haven't had a hysteroscopy yet, but I know that there's a couple of girls on this thread who are having one in the next couple of weeks, so they'll be able to tell you what it's like soon. I'm sure some of the girls have already had one. I am booked in for one, but I've got to delay it until my TNF levels are lower. I think it's definitely something you should ask at your next consultation. Good luck xxx

Georgia ~ Thanks for the info on the injection - doesn't sound that painful. So sorry that you're so poorly - get plenty of
and hope you feel much better soon ^hugme^

Well I haven't been too bad today. When I was at Tesco's I bought some Walkers Lites - they do them in Cooked Ham flavour now - I've only had one packet so far ^evil^

Take Care
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
247 Posts
hi

Nikki - I like the picture!  Good luck with the humira.  Re re-testing for immunology - when I had my repeat tests it cost about £300.  I'm not really sure why it was so much less than first time - I guess they are more specific about what they are testing.  My second test included my cytokines which, I understand, are the cells relevant to humira.

Tonga - so, with 2 shots and 10 days, I guess that makes about a month from starting taking it to finding out whether it is working?  I do hope it only takes you the month.  Will you need to keep having top ups once your levels are down?

Georgia - thanks for the information.  I wondered whether the process was started by contacting the local authority, but as we want to go for international adoption I'm not sure whether that is the way we need to do it - I guess I should contact them and they'll point us in the right direction.  I'm so pleased for you that they have accepted you back so quickly - I hope things go quickly for you now.  Your ds is wonderful, offering to move rooms like that!  Hope you feel better soon.

I'm sitting here stuffing myself with liquer (can't spell it for the life of me!) chocolates - yummy!  I promise I will start my diet after the holidays are over.  My current excuse is that I don't want to stress my body further as I am still fighting off this horrible bug that dh and ds have had.  Unfortunately, if my itchy nose is a warning symptom, I seem to have lost and the virus has won.

Van
XX

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi girls,

Van - I think that maybe I might have to keep taking Humira until I get a BFP !  (With any luck).  Hope it's not for too long anyway as otherwise I'll be bankrupt at the end of it !!

Nikki - I'm going to ring the ARGC on Tues and find out where my prescription is.  With any luck I would like to think that I could take my first injection week beginning the 10th !  How about you ?

Anyway, enjoy your bank holiday Monday girls. 

Love Tonga xxx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tonga - you're kidding??? :eek:  Gosh, with the prices per injection...and the rest of tx!  But - soooo worth it to get a +ve outcome at the end of it all!  Can't put a price on that!
all the best

Van
XX

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi again
Nikki - I hope your levels drop quickly and you can get on with your cycle. Waiting is never ending but I am sure it will all be very much worth it.Yes you can't think about the cost about any of this kind of thing because if you did you wouldn't do it and it is for the most wanted gift at the end.

Georgia - I am sorry you are not feeling well, get some rest and take it easy sweetpea. I hope a BFP is around the corner for us all. This year is our year.

Enjoy your Bank Holiday - I am off to the sales, haven't been out all holiday - not to spend to window shop - never done this before but  saving for ICSI no.2.
GM xxx

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi
Can someone shed some light on a couple of abbreviations for me?
What is FET? What do BFN and BFP stand for? Is DH - darling husband?
Thanks GM x

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Morning Everyone

I should've been lying in this morning, but woke up at about 6am with the worst heartburn ever.  It was just me and the dog watching tv this morning while DH was snuggled up in bed (which he still is might I add!)

GM ~ FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer), BFN (Bit Fat Negative), BFP (Big Fat Positive), DH (Darling or Dear Husband), EC (Egg Collection), TX (treatment), AF (Aunt Flow), DX (Diagnosis), ET (Embryo Transfer), TTC (Trying To Conceive) - that's all I can remember for now.  I think there's a list of abbreviations and their meanings on the home page.  Enjoy your shopping spree!

Tonga ~ If I get my way, I'll be joining you in injecting on Monday 10th.  It all depends on when I can get my prescription (and of course how my HEAF test results go).  I can fax my prescription through to [email protected] and they said they can deliver it on a 2 day turnaround.  I noticed yesterday that 2 of the pin-pricks on my HEAF test are raised and red - how did yours look?  Also, do you think we'll be on short protocol if we manage to get our TNF levels down, i.e. start on day 1 instead of day 21?  I read it way back on the Humira thread that one girl was doing that.  Have you been told anything about your treatment protocol if Humira is successful?

Hi to all of the other ARGC girls, hope you're all OK.

Take Care
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Nikki,

My HEAF test results sound much the same as yours.  Mine had three red spots slightly red and raised, but my result was still negative.  I'm sure yours will be the same.  Mr T told me at my initial consultation that I would be on the short protocol.  What did you do last time?  My first two IVF's I was on the long protocol (what a drag) and the second two ICSI's I was on the short protocol.  (None were done at the ARGC).  I think it might depend on your FSH level ???  Mines normally around 6ish - any idea what yours is ?  Have you had a look at the Humira prices on this website yet.  I think there is a pharmacy in East London somewhere that can deliver the Humira for less than £800. I'd use Healthcare at Home as a last resort if I were you.  When are you going back for your HEAF test results ?

Spent the evening with my little brother and his girlfriend and their 1 day old baby girl - all felt a bit weird.  Just got to pray it will be me someday I suppose !

Lots of love.

Tonga xxx

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hiya Tonga

Just seems to be you and me here today!

Well I was originally going to have long protocol before we had our immune test results, but I'm not sure if that's what happens after Humira - I kind of got the impression from the Humira thread that they like to 'strike while the irons hot' in terms of the levels. I'll have to ask when I'm in next.

My FSH was 7.2, which is low, like yours. It was about the same for my last treatment at my last clinic. Thanks for the reassurance on the HEAF test, hopefully mine will come back negative too - I get my results next Friday (7th). I'm going to spend a good couple of days working out the best place to get the Humira from - thanks for the tip on [email protected] - I'll defo take your advice there.

Oh how clucky would it have made me to be cuddling a 1 day old bubba - do they live close by? Positive visualisation - just keep thinking
it will happen to us! (That's a preggers smiley by the way - not one with a fat gut ^roflmao^)

Catch up later
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya everyone

GM, Nikki missed one abbreviation that you asked about - FET = Frozen Embryo Transfer. Ive had a hysteroscopy and it didnt hurt at all, they knock you out completely for it and I had no pain after. The Lap was much worse as they pump air inside the uterus which is later expelled and this can cause shoulder pains over the next few days (weird I know). The hyperpingy thingy (where they put a dye through the tubes) REALLY hurt me, they dont knock you out for this. Some girls dony find it painful at all though.

Emmi, I've been thinking about you loads, I hope you are bearing up and managing to be as strong and calm as possible. I hope to see you at the clinic tomorrow. Big Hugs.

All the best to everyone else.

LOL

Tash

xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi all
yesterday i got a positive from my ovulation predictor kit - because i can't call argc over a weekend or bank holiday - will it mean that they might miss fitting me in for a scan? also, if i test again today for lh surge might it still test positive or does the surge only last for a day??
i guess if the first signs were yesterday then a scan might take place on friday..?
hope everyone is well
eva x

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Eva

Great that your surge has happened.  You shouldn't have any problems being booked in for a scan, so I'd give them a call tomorrow morning. 

In fact, you aren't given an appointment time, they'll just tell you to turn up between 9.00am and 10.30pm (or something similary) on a given day.

Catch up soon
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi ARGC girls,

Can anyone offer me some advice on this downregging hell please?  My previous cycles have been short so I've not experienced this particular IVF torture before.

I started d/r on day 19 (rather than 21 maybe because of my age?) and I'm now on day 27 and the symptoms of extreme exhaustion and brain death have set in badly.  Spent yesterday in bed. Breathing is hard work.

Does it get any better or should I just be thankful that I have no headaches or moodswings?

Also does AF start normally and behave in the usual way? 

With love to all sniffing, injecting, waiting etc from,

·
Registered
890 Posts
Flopsy - i also started DR on day 19. I am exhausted, brain dead and unfortunately for DH have had a couple of bad mood swings  ^tantrum^
I am on day 24 of my cycle and from past experience things have only gotten worse. Af in the past has come and behaved normally.

Hello to everyone else hope you are all well.

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi girls

Eva - good news on getting a surge.  I understand that the surge may last for more than a day, as it tapers off slower than it starts (I think - gosh, I sound confident here!).  Let the clinic know tomorrow and they'll have you in for a scan soon - I was told that they just want to check that you have ovulated.  I had the corpus luteum pointed out to me at my last mid-cycle scan.

Flopsy and Carmela - I really feel for you with the d/r symptoms!  They were always the worst bit for me (and dh!).  I slept worse than ever, had stinking headaches, my brain turned to total mush and my temper hit an all time sensitive stage.  DH only had to breath the wrong way to suffer my wrath!  Luckily once stims started and the d/r drugs reduced I returned to normal and actually felt pretty healthy and full of life.  My af always started normally, but a bit late sometimes and 4 of the 5 times it lasted longer than normal.  Just keep reminding yourselves that it will all be over soon (it turned into my mantra, over those days!)

Wow - Tonga and Nikki, looks like you'll be starting humira together.  what a great coincidence

love to all
Van
XX

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi van
thanks for that. i just did another 'pee stick' and the line is much less prominent than yesterday. infact, yesterday i also had dull period like aches. our bodies are so fascinating - even though i would kinda rather not know!!
eva xx

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.