Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi everyone hope you are all well. My levels did go up yesterday so felt much better.  :)

Jane - my DH can't wait to inject me but i keep getting Inject Now calls. I am sure he will have his chance to play DR.  ^doc^

Karen - thank you for your support, it made me feel much better knowing it happens to others as well.
So happy all is well with you please keep us up to date with your progress.  ^afro^

Megan - thank you for your support, i felt better after reading your post.
So happy your scan went well, wish you all the best + please keep us informed.  ^baby2^

Nikki + Tonga - hope you are both feeling OK + good to see you are both on your way
Nikki my DH also is a very loud Foghorn even my neighbors have heard him!!  ^eyes^

Kim - so glad things have settled down for you, it must be great getting those little kicks.  ^cloud9^

Eva - hope you get things sorted out.  :)

Van - thank you for staying with us, your support really is appreciated.  ^hugme^

Emmi - great news that all is well. Sounds like you are going to have your hands full with a really active Bubba.  ^babycrawl^

Flopsy - glad to hear you are getting on well. It is nerve racking waiting for the phone to ring everyday!  :)

Hello to anyone i have not mentioned
Love Carmela x

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Everyone

Van, Flopsy, Emmi & Carmela ~ thanks for your messages - I haven't noticed symptoms since taking the Humira.  Can't say I've got any side-effects, which is really good - I think!  It was quite good as I haven't paid for the Humira yet.  Apparently, the hospital will bill me at the end of the month, so I can get away with another month after that too - it'll give me a chance to save won't it.

Tonga ~ hope you're OK hun.

Got a text from Emmalou yesterday - her hysteroscopy went well.  Hopefully she'll be back on in a couple of days to tell you herself.

Well my exercise bike turned up yesterday - had about 10 mins on it last night and I was whacked  ^excercise3^.  I'm going to go for the burn later and try half an hour - what do you think!  Luckily, it's got a heart rate monitor as well, so I'll be able to see if I'm going to pass out.  I am so unfit!

Anyway, I'll catch up later.
Take Care
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hi Carmela,
I am seeing my doctor on Monday to discuss things. Might put icsi on hold as i need to sort my head out. We seem to have gone from severe male factor - to a urologist saying every component of his test is more that normal. I think i need some time out-  now that the landscape has changed - even if it's just one month to review things. However, the urologist did suggest that although iui and ivf are cheaper - the best results are to be found with icsi!  :-\
Eva

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi girls,

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Nikki - Glad you're doing OK.  I too seem to have no side effects so far.  Do you think it's too early days yet or do you think we may be two of the lucky ones to have no symptons / side effects ?  Perhaps they don't kick in until jab number 2??  Don't you think it just seems like an eternity away to even get to the real treatment ?  Ho hum !!!!!

Eva - sorry you are having such a confusing time at the moment.  Go with what your heart says - that's the only advice I can give !!  :)

Flopsy and Carmela - glad everything's going well for you both. 

Emmi - hiya mate.  Glad you are still on Cloud 9 !!  ;D

To everyone else - good luck with whatever stage your at (because I'm useless at remembering) / decisions you make.

Love Tonga xxx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Victoria

Oh what a shame, I wasn't in work yesterday and so didn't see your post until just now.  I too had IVIG this morning but was lucky enough to be started off really early - I was the one with blonde curly hair in the corner.  Tariq told me it would be my last one so fingers crossed.  Also my scan on Tuesday isn't until 4pm so I guess we'll miss each other again. 

Emmi - congratulations on the scan, I'm so glad everything is well.

Kim - lovely to hear from you and that everything is well.  I can't wait to start feeling those kicks.

Hi to everyone else, hope everything is going well - I have my fingers crossed for you all.

Love

Emma

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Girls,

Been in to collect my Gonal-F and have a demo on injecting. Should be OK as I used the Puregon pen on my last ICSI attempt.

The Nurse said that I was not responding to the Meronial exactly as they had hoped and that the Gonal-F was for that reason. Can't help but feel concerned but it is early days yet and Gonal-F may do the trick.

Oh well - should find out tomorrow!

Thank you for all of the support!

Carmela - glad to hear that things have improved. Hope those levels continue to go up!

With love from,

·
Registered
154 Posts
HI Flopsy

Don't get too worried about the lack of response to the Merional - that's why ARGC monitor you so closely, so that they can save the treatment cycle by changing your stimming drugs to suit your body.  I had the opposite experience - I didn't react properly to Gonal F, so they switched me to Merional, and I was on the highest dose of that twice a day before I got to where they wanted me.  I know it's really stressful, but try to remember that you're in very experienced hands and they'll do the best they can for you.  I'm sure you'll find out everything works out ok once they find the right drug and dosage for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Good luck
Love
Kim

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi Girls,

Firstly thank you all so much for your replies regarding NK cells blood test. I phoned ARG this morning ad they said to go in for blood test 2 months  before starting treatment. Can anyone tell me if they post theresults to you or you have to phone them?

Also does anyone believe that being over weight has anything to do with not being able to concieve? I am going to a fertility nutrisionist ( sorry cant spell!!!!) in a few weeks to help me get my body back in order before starting next attempt. I nm about 4 stone over weight so we are not talking a few pounds here!
I know some IVF clinics dont except you if your BMI is over 30 but the ARGC dont really seem to be that bothered!

Would be great to join you all if thats o.k!!?

Good luck to you all, whatever your stage.xxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Happy Friday everybody!

Paranoid -  I'm afraid I don't know about the link (if any) between BMI and conception but I have had immune testing and treatment. DH and I visited argc to collect the results from our first set of immunology bloods and discuss their meaning and the treatment options. We found the results pretty complicated so having them explained face-to-face helped us - not sure if it's compulsory though.

Tonga and Nikki - well done on starting humira - you're certainly on the the road now! I'm jabbing again next week (injection 6) and hoping (for the sake of my bank balance as much as anything else!) that it will be last.

Carmela and Flopsy - hope the stimming is going well and those levels are rising.

Scan on Wednesday did not look good and Tariq (?sp) wasn't sure if the cycle would go ahead. :-\ Fortunately bloods and a repeat scan yesterday were OK, so I started stimming last night (suprecor am/gonal F pm) and in for bloods tomorrow. Very relieved to have got this far  :) Still feeling apprehensive as I hardly responded to stims last time  but fingers crossed switching to the short protocol will have made the difference!

Good luck and warmest regards to all
j

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Paranoid - there are divided opinions on the relationship with weight and fertility. Some research says that women with a high BMI can be more infertile due to problems ovulating. Other research show lower IVF success rates for the very over and under weight.  However, I did find one UK research paper that found no relationship.

One earlier clinc refused to let me cycle because of my weight. They said that so many cycles had been cancelled with them and they thought this was due to the weight of the women. However, when I did cycle at the next clinic all went perfectly each time, we had great embryos but the embryos failed to implant.

That clinic blamed my 3 failures entirely on my weight. They were very blunt and rude about it.  The tests from Dr Beer (visits the ARGC) showed that the implantation failures may be due to immune issues instead.

You will hear mixed things about weight depending on who you ask. The ARGC (as far as I know) do not select on weight but I don't know if they have a cut-off limit that I don't know of.

Some research also says that very overweight women have more problems with the actual preganancies so it may pay to loose weight (if one can) for that reason.  It does seem to be an individual thing.

Sorry, can't help you with the NK stuff as Dr Beer's clinic faxed the results to me from USA.  Not sure how the ARGC does it.

Hope that this helps.  Good luck!

With warmest regards,

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi girls - though it was time for an update...
Good Luck with the follow-up today Georgia and to all the stimmers and sniffers too!
Any updates gratefully received....

ARGC list
ARGC baby boomers

Wendy - ^baby^ EDD 08/03/05

Kate (MrsP) - ^baby^ EDD 28/03/05 ^angel^ RIP Baby 2

Amber - ^baby^ EDD 01/04/05

Nic - ^baby^ ^baby^ EDD 10/04/05

Kerry - ^baby^ ^baby^ EDD 05/05/05

Kim - ^baby^ EDD 18/05/05

Jane - ^baby^ ^baby^ EDD 19/05/05

Lara - ^baby^ ^baby^ EDD 26/05/05

JenF - ^baby^ EDD 4/07/05

Karen - ^baby^ EDD 5/07/05

Teresa - ^baby^ EDD 5/07/05

Emma - ^baby^ EDD 31/07/05

Victoria - ^baby^ EDD 4/08/05

DBZ - ^baby^ EDD 6/8/05

Emmi - ^baby^ EDD 9/8/05

Tash - ^baby^ EDD??

Renata - ^baby^ EDD??

Abby - ^reiki^ First scan??

Megan - ^baby^ EDD??

2WW gals - Good Luck!!

EC/ET

Stimmers and sniffers
Carmela (sidsgirl) - stimms
Flopsy - stimms
DaisyJ - short protocol - stimms

Immune tests/hormone profiles
Patrice - immunology results
Bels - Oct-Dec 04
Callie - NK cells Dec.
Chablis - Humira
Nikki - Humira - 1st injection taken Jan 05
Tonga - Humira - 1st injection taken Jan 05

Cycle Monitoring
Eva - Jan 05
Emma- Jan 05

Waiting impatiently!!
Sophia
Dockers
Wisbabe
Mags
Moni
Fiffi
Crystal
Marly - FET Jan 05
Lou
Flick - FET Jan 05
Juliet - D/R Feb 05
Paranoid

Follow-ups
Zosh - ??
Est - ??
Georgia - 14/1
Thewife??
Van??
GM??

Initial Consultations
Croc - ??
Missy London - Feb

Honorary Member
Georgia - No 1 girl (originator) ADOPTION course starts 25/1/05 GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Girls,

Just a quickie as my laptop at home is not working so i am having to e-mail on the quiet at work!!!

I had my Hystocopy(sp?) on wednesday everything went really well. I start sniffing on Sunday. ;D

I hope everyone is ok? Nicki and Tonga i hope you are ok and not having any side effects??

Take care
Emmalou.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi ARGC,

Brrrr.... it's cold outside. Hope that everyone is OK and keeping warm.

Kim - Thank you for the resassurance!  It really is keeping me sane right now. After 2 ICSI's and a FET you would think I would be able to cope but strangely It's not working like that..

The clinic just called to say "inject now" and they have upped the dose to 450u of Gonal-f. 

I am to have my first scan tomorrow so should get an idea of how well this is going.  Very worried and nervous.

Janis - thank you for the list. It's always nice to see it with the Baby-boomers at the front to give us new girls hope.

Carmela - hoping that you are going OK.

With love to all from,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi ARGC Girls,

I am finishing my 3rd failed IVF / ICSI cycle, currently in treatment in France (100% funded) but I work in London. It's looking like we will be moving to London in March, so we'll have to find new doctors etc. I've heard pretty positive things about ARGC and was hoping for your suggestions on getting started. They don't seem to have a website - Should we make an appointment? Is there someone in particular to ask for? Have you had to wait to get started?

Thanks very much for any advice,

kb (in paris and london)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
kb - i think you can send them e-mails via their website & ask for an info pack to be sent to you. They dont have a website a such just a home page. http://www.argc.co.uk/. You can also just call them and ask for an information pack. Its better to call them in the afternoons as they are normally pretty busy in the mornings. It might take up to 6 weeks for a first appointment but if you are flexible then let them know that you are able to come earlier if there are any cancellatons and you may get in earlier. I think they prefer that you have a referral from your doc. but i dont think its a big deal if yu dont. At the first appointment your husband might be asked to prepare a sperm sample so be prepared. Also if you have previous HIV & hepatitis blood test results then take them in so you dont have to pay for any more. Also records of previous attempts so they have your history. You dont need to ask for anyone in particular. They will start by monitoring your cycle - testing hormone levels on day 2 and just before and just after ovulation. They will also do a couple of scans to check ovulation. You might even be able to start that cycle (I did) depending on what they see. Good luck! m

PS Jane my due date is 9 Sept i think ....that will do for now i guess!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi everyone, i have to go in tomorrow morning at 7am for my first IVIG, bit nervous don't know what to expect. I am sure it will be fine as i don't remember any of you feeling bad after it.

Eva - good idea to take some time to sort yourselfs out, it all sounds a bit confusing. You really need to know where you stand before starting any treatment, best of luck

J - looks like you will be joining Flopsy and myself. Good Luck with the stimming

Jane - thank you for the updated list

Emmalou - Good Luck with the sniffing

Flopsy - i keep getting inject now calls. I feel a little overwhelmed with everything happening so fast and all the blood tests etc. My last cycles were not monitored like this at all.
Hope you are well and everything is progressing as it should. 

KB - welcome hope you get your appointment sorted out soon

Have a nice weekend everybody

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi
I'm new to this section of this site. My husband & I have "unexplained infertility". We went through one stimulated cycle of IUI back in August and then IVF cycle in October 04. Both negative. Our IVF didn't even go through to the end. Out of 16 follicles I only had 3 matured eggs and non of them fertilized. We were both devastated. I'm now going through the monitored cycle with ARGC. Next Monday I'm due for the postovulation scan and possibly blood test. I'm hoping to start ICSI soon. Even though my husband's sperm is OK we were advised to do ICSI rather then typical IVF to avoid the former problem with fertilisation. I can see some of you had to do hysteroscopy test prior to treatment at ARGC. At the moment I haven't been asked to go through this as I had both laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done last March (04). Do you know if this test is necessary for everyone? Would they ask me to repeat this?
I would really appreciate your help.

Shade

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi girls,

I hope that the other stimmers are getting on better than I am!

Went in for my scan this morning and things are not looking good. The left ovary just has one big follie and the right a host of very small ones. Looks like the 450 Gonal-F has still not done the trick. The problem we face is that with the large one on the left it is unlikely (the doctor said) for any more to grow there and the ones on the right are tiny.

Another 450 of G-F today, bloods tomorrow and I hope another scan Monday.

Came home and had a cry. My DH is off to the football today and offered to stay home. I've sent him off to the game as it would be nice for one of us to be happy today.

Sorry about this down posting. I'm saying all the right messages to myself - it's not over yet, early days etc.... Will feel better soon I hope.

Carmela - hope that the IVIG went well. I had no side-effects but the Bendryl makes me very sleepy.

With love from,

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Flopsy,

Sorry to hear things are not going according to plan.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything sorts itself out real soon.

Take care of yourself and try not to worry too much.

Lots of love.
Tonga xxx

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.