Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Evening All

What a lot to catch up on - good to see so many ARGC girls posting.

Carmela ~ I am so chuffed for you and DH reading about your embryo fertilisation - you must be over the moon with excitement.

Flopsy ~ 11 eggs - what brilliant news after such a stressful stimm stage.  Hope you're having a well deserved rest.

Emmalou ~ Glad DR is going OK - hope AF has arrived on time!

Debbie ~ Welcome to the ARGC girls.  If Mr T wants you to have your NK cells checked, I assume he'll want the full immune tests done first, which will set you back about £720.  It'll take a good week to 10 days for your results to come back.  I think it's worth having done - good luck!

Victoria ~ So pleased your nuchal scan went well last week & that you're going to be having a girl - you won't be able to get away from all those pink outfits now!  ^storkgirl^

Tonga ~ Hiya Humira Buddie - well my second jab went OK - seemed to sting a bit more than last time, but I think that's 'cos it's been in my fridge for the last 2 weeks and it's most probably a tad colder than it should be!  I'm defo going for follow-up tests on Tues, so we'll have to look out for eachother (you know what I look like from my piccie!).  Shame it's going to take until 11th to get our results back - I'm pencilled in for my hysteroscopy on 12th, so hopefully I'll know before then.  Although I'd love to start treatment next month, I'm not banking on it - what about you?

Van ~ I can't believe where the last 2 weeks have gone either - it's flown by! 

Georgia ~ Hope you're appointment went well - can't wait to hear your news.

Well, I'm off to bed in a bit.  DH is so in my good books - we're having our house valued tomorrow and as it's my day off, I was going to clean the house from top to bottom.  I came home from work today and he'd done the lot - bless him!  I can have a nice lie-in now.

Catch up tomorrow
Take Care
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
890 Posts
Just lost a really long post :mad: :mad:

Flopsy - 11 EGGS THAT IS FANTASTIC
After all you have been through that is such good news.
Sending all my best wishes for great fertilisation rates.

Maureen - thank you, hope you are feeling a bit better now

Jane - thank you. It isn't long for you now, time just flies by and before you know it you will be cuddling your little ones

Tonga - not sure yet if it is day 5 transfer. Hope you are ok after your 2nd jab. Good luck with your follow ups

Kim - thank you, hope you are well.

Sophia - thank you, before you know it you will be on your way again. Best wishes

Wishbabe - thank you, hope you are well

Countrygirl - thank you, hope you are well

Paranoid - it is my first try at ARGC only time will tell for me.
It is hard sometimes to stay positive, you have been through a lot and must be strong to have gotten through it. You will find the strength to carry on because that is what we do.
Don't be nervous of the immune tests, if they are positive then you at least increase your chances of success by dealing with them.

Van - thank you.Hope you are keeping well

Nikki - thank you, glad your 2nd jab went well. Good luck on your follow ups. Your DH sounds fantastic!!

Love to everyone Carmela x

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi- wow it is a real joy reading so many positive posts. Makes it all worth while.

Carmela - excellent news, I am so pleased for you and await your next post.

Flopsy - well how fantastic, it is just brilliant to read such a success story - I am so pleased for you.

Croc  -I am glad you had such a good time. I hope you are feeling positive.

Nikki and Tonga - I hope you stay side effect free.

Georgia - hope all went well, thinking of you.

Megan - how did your scan go? Thanks for the info. I had my immune results today and have been told NK cells are a little high and IVIG is recommended. I will read your information and maybe ask you some more questions. Thanks.
Have you seen Amelie and Chocolate?

Thanks to others for sharing with me about their cycles. I can't check back over names now we have gone on to 47.

When Jo gave me my results she explained to me about the immune cells and IVIG being a coating to help but that is about all. I asked whether it would be a good idea to read some info and then book a consultation with Mr T. She said I could do so but he is on his own at the minute and it would take 5 weeks and the nurses could answer my questions and I do believe in them and am happy with this. I also need to sort out my hysteroscopy which confused me alittle as at first she said come in to see us then she said phone. Can I please ask for some advice - what did other people do now? I feel positive because I feel there is a way forward but I don't know how best to play it. I don't really want to leave it too long before trying again as I feel age is a factor (I am 36) and if it doesn't work again you are talking more time. But I don't want to rush in.
Thanks girls
Thinking of you all, sending warm wishes and lots of luck for whatever you are doing.
GM xxx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi to everyone,

GM – I know it’s a personal decision and I have only had one treatment.  But this is my experience. 
We waited so long to get the go ahead for IVF cos I had to have one op after the other and I thought when we finally got the green light I would be very happy but I actually felt scared and also angry that I had to go through another round of hospital tx, as I had really had my fill of hospitals over the years, and I just wanted me and my DP to have some normal times and fun for a while.  However as I had turned 42 I felt that I didn’t have the luxury of waiting and felt under enormous pressure to get started as soon as possible, even though I knew physically and emotionally I wasn’t up to it and with hindsight I was right and should have listened to my doubts.

Anyway it failed and I spent a few days crying and then went into fight mode(which is the way I normally cope with things). And boy had we had things to cope with over the past eighteen months,  (I have had to have three major ops, a cancer scare, my mum died and of course the failed tx).  Anyway  as we had lunged from one crisis to another, without having much time to get over one thing before something else happened, it all eventually caught up with me on Christmas Eve and  I stood in Marks and Spencer’s sobbing my heart out because everything we had come through  hit me at once and my poor kind loving DP has seen my cry practically every day since, hence why I took our follow-up appointment so hard too.

I think deep down I knew I was coming to breaking point because originally, (again due to the pressure I felt due to my age) we had decided to have our 2nd tx in Jan/feb and if needed our last one in June/July.  But before Xmas I had already said to my DP that I felt I wasn’t ready to go through another tx and it would be like chucking money away and I was so relieved when he agreed because I know it was the right decision. 
So now we are aiming to have our next tx in May/June when the wedding will be out of the way and I will hopefully be so relaxed after two weeks away. In between time I am trying to do all I can to help nature by losing weight getting fit and having acupuncture, not just for tx but to make me feel better and stronger.
I am ever conscious of time ticking away (my follow-up appointment didn’t help) but also I know what I am able to cope with and there are so many hurdles to jump with tx, are you responding, did they get any eggs, have the fertilised etc. Frankly I am not strong enough to cope with that and even though everything we have been through luckily brings us closer, I don’t want to put our relationship through any more hard times its about time we had some laughter back. 

Anyway what I am trying to say in a long winded way is you need to be really honest with yourself about how you are feeling about doing tx and not feel pressured because of your age (I actually think 36 is nothing to worry about, but that doesn’t help you)r.  If you feel you don’t want to rush in then don’t, a few months/six months whatever you decide, wont really make any difference one way or another. You have to reach the right decision for you, your body, your state of mind and of course your relationship. If it is meant to happen it will happen whenever its meant too.
I wish you luck whatever you decide

Croc

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
GM - i think just do what your gut tells you.  When I had my first abandoned attempt i couldnt wait to dive back in again.  And I can tell you that if this one had failed then I would be doing exactly the same again.  Because I know it would have been hard but i also know i could've handled it as I would have resigned from work.  As for the hysteroscopy I ended up having mine during treatment.  I think it was a day or so before starting stimms.  I had a funny feeling mr T would want me to have one even though i'd started sniffing.  And sure enough i got the call one day to say come in tomorrow for one!  so very short notice but it all turned out well in the end.  So if your gut is telling you you can handle it then do it.  But if not, then wait.  Re the age thing - a month or 2 makes no difference.  I have to say it was easier for me this time because just before EC i got signed off work and havent been back since.  Something I would highly recommend.

Scan went ok thanks, looks like a little baked bean.  Heartbeat still tup tupping away.  Mr T seemed more interested in my NK follow up results though.  I'll get them tomorrow.

Good luck.  M

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Paranoid - Like Van, I also had a BFP on my 2nd attempt at ARGC (although am yet to meet the results of it!!). It was also after immune testing and IVIG etc. due to raised NK cells - let's hope you join Van & I!!!!  ^reiki^
Carmela and Flopsy - Am still crossing everything for you for those little embies  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Georgia - Hope last night went well - can't wait for an update on it!  ;D
Croc - I admire your decision to postpone until after your wedding, and really think you made the right choice. You will be emotionally and physically ready at that point, all the more good things for a BFP!
GM - Like Megan, I also had my hysteroscopy whilst sniffing. I agree, do what your heart tells you. When I was about to go for a Day 1 scan on our 3rd tx, DH 'pulled out'  :mad: (No prior notice, I was walking to the station!), and we ended up postponing for about 8 months. I was fuming at the time as I'd got 'ready' for it, but am now glad we waited until we were both ready to go again, and it worked!
Megan - Great news on the baked bean! ;D
Hi Van, Kim, Megan, Tonga, Nikki, Sophia, Wis, Countrygirl, Victoria, Croc and everyone else
Jane
XX

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi ARGC girls,

Thank you for all the support and positive vibes. It is still working - Hurray!

Well not a stunning fertilisation rate but not bad for an "old boiler" such as myself.

Out of our eleven eggs, seven were mature and four actually fertilised. A miracle I would say!

The plan seems to be to get the best three for a transfer now. The embryologist will call me tomorrow and let me know how many have survived.

If there are four left we may wait another day. However, if there are three remaining we will transfer same day.

Carmela - hope that you are surviving this nail-biting time and your embies are dividing happily.

Can anyone advise me on IVIG around transfer. I am due for another one and was wondering if it best pre or post ET now?

With love to all the ARGC from,

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Flopsy - Great news on fertilisation (and don't call yourself a boiler!)
Good Luck for tomorrow and ET
I had IVIG during stimms (about 1 week before EC) and then post-ET, but I think Mr T. recommends different times to everyone!
Jane
XX

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Victoria i am so glad everything went well with your scan. How wonderful a little girl. :)

Carmela congrats on your embies, good luck for you et.

Flopsy 11 Eggs collected WOW and ferterlized it just goes to show we should never give up  ;D I am thinking  ^reiki^ for you.

Tonga and Nicki glad everything is going ok with your jabs. If AF shows up you might see me up there on Tuesday for my scan.

Georgia i hope everything went well for you, looking forward to hearing your news.

I am still waiting for AF to show, i am so frustrated and i am sure its not helping!!! :(

Hi to everyone i have not mentioned hope everyone is ok.

Speak Soon
Emmalou X

·
Registered
537 Posts
Flopsy I still have a very good feeling about this, something is telling me you are still going to have four tomorrow

fingers crossed

Maureen

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lots of good news - thats what we like to see!

Flopsy - I am so glad you got lots of eggs after such a stressful stimming period and that you have 4 lovely embies growing now....bet you are glad you didnt abandon the cycle now.....I think it is a good omen...

Carmela - congrats too and good luck for et

Paranoid - like Jane and Van I got a BFP on my second attempt at ARGC.  It was a FET since we had embies frozen during our first cycle. 

Megan - glad your "bean" is doing ok! 

x
x victoria

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Flopsy - well done.  Like Jane I had one ivig during stimms, and then another the day after my positive.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hiya girls

Well congrats to Flopsy and Carmela great news !!!!!!

Well god it was so exciting but very emotional last night, we looked at pics and videos of the children that our in the system over 40 and they are all over 2.Alot of prospective adopters were there last night in all different stages some like us at the beginning and others that have been to panel and waiting for a match.We spoke to a few social workers and we had to fill in loads of forms asking for more details of the children we were interested in.We liked quite a few some single children some siblings.So now we just wait for them to ring us.Next step for us is our first course next Wednesday.
Will let you know if we get any calls

Love to all
Georgia
xxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Georgia- was really happy to hear that you have started road to adoption. It must be very exciting for you. I am looking forward to hearing all your news.

Good luck to everyone else!

Amber x

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Georgia - sounds like a great start - Good Luck
Jane
XX

·
Registered
537 Posts
Georgia

So glad everything went well last night, it must be so exciting...

I think its a lovely thing you are doing

Hope you get fast tracked and are soon a mummy again

love

croc

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi everyone

Georgia - really pleased to hear that it went well last night, 40 sounds an awful lot to choose from.  Hope things move on quickly for you :)

Flopsy - well done on the fertilisation - I ended up with 4 fertilising too and had a day 3 transfer as by that stage 2 were definitely better than the others.  And one is still doing well.......As for IVIG, I know some girls had it done immediately after transfer, without any warning, so go prepared with some reading material just in case!

Carmela - have you had your transfer now?  If not, good luck for whenever it is ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

Emmi - I keep logging on to see how your scan went - hope you've got good news.

As for me, today feels like a real milestone, as 24 weeks marks the point of viability - so if I was to go into labour today, the baby would have a 40% chance of survival.  I'm so very pleased, and can't believe we've made it this far.  Fingers crossed things continue to go smoothly....

Love to all
Kim

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kim, I am so sorry, our internet connection has been down  :mad: so I haven't been able to post and I was desperate to see how Flopsy and Georgia got on too, very frustrating. 
Thanks for all your well wishes girls and I am soooooooo happy!  All is well finally!  We didn't find out the sex although she said she knew what it was, I was so tempted to ask her but dh looked at me sternly so I shut up!  ;D  Our risk of downs is 1 in 11,000 which is great and it's all looking good.  I can't tell you all how wonderful you all are.  All the support over the last few very difficult months has paid off.  THANKYOU!
I am to have another nk test in 4 weeks. 
More importantley however,
Flopsy - I am soooooooooooo chuffed for you honey, really really happy.  Was stressing last night and almost chucked the computer out the window!  That sounds fab.  Well done you!
Georgia my sweetness, sounds amazing!  Can't wait to hear your news next Wednesday, it's so exciting! :)
Carmela, Fab news from you too honey!  Amazing.  Maybe you'll get a couple of frosties too. ;)
Vic, Glad your scan went well too, a little girl - brilliant!  I bet you are on cloud nine.xxxx
Tash, any news?
Nikki and Tonga, Jab no.2 done and dusted - hurrah!  Well done girls.xx
Paranoid, this is our 2nd attempt at the argc with a bfp  :)

Hello to everyone else, dh is kicking me off, work to do! :mad:
Emmi.x

·
Registered
890 Posts
Flopsy - 4 EMBIES IS GREAT NEWS. I didn't have that many during my IVF when i was 36.
SO US NOT SO OLD BOILERS STILL HAVE IT IN US.
Sending you all my very best wishes for all 4 to do well overnight.
We might be having ET on the same day Friday.
IVIG was mentioned to me but not when i was going to have it.

GM - i sorted my hysteroscopy out over the phone for the cycle berfore my TX. If you feel ready mentally and physically to start again then there is nothing wrong with that. It is a decision you and DH will have to think about carefully.
Hope you get things sorted out

Megan - glad your little bean is doing well. Hope your NK Cells behave themselves

Jane - Your DH pulling out like that must have been such a shock. Looks like it did the trick !!

Emmalou - hope AF starts soon.

Georgia - it must have been so overwhelming last night.
Wishing you so much luck.

Kim - great news you're at 24 weeks. Hope you can relax a little and enjoy your pregnancy

Emmi - great news about your scan, after what you have been through you deserve some good news

Nikki + Tonga - hope you are both ok

As for me my embies are dividing nicely and will be in on Friday for ET which is day 5. Then the dreaded 2ww  ^scared^

Hello to eveyone else
Love Carmela x

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.