Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi everyone

Sorry, I'm in the middle of packing for a long weekend to Scotland (lots of woolly jumpers and waterproof gear!) so can't write personals tonight, but just wanted to say the following:-

Good luck for Sunday Flopsy  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^goodluck^

Good luck for Monday Carmela and Marly  ^goodluck^ ^fairydust^ ^goodluck^

I have everything crossed for 3 BFPS -  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^.  Will be thinking of you and hope you get the positive results you all so deserve.

Lots of love
Kim

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Kim, you darling, thank you! Have a great weekend and enjoy the bracing weather....

I am due to test Tuesday (sorry, I got confused with dates there for a while) but I may sneak in a quick one if I start spotting.

Carmela and Marly - thinking of you both and hoping OK.  I had a bleak day yesterday but spirits better now. On my previous cycles I started spotting tonight or tomorrow. Suspect that the Gestone will keep it away longer.

Am I the only one without a sore bottom from the Gestone? Frozen peas before hand and DH is so gentle but I was expecting a hand-biting experience.  Anyway, I shouldn't question small mercies......

Love to all the wonderful ARGC girls from,

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Flopsy - stay away from the peesticks!!!!!!!  Easy for me to say I know.  But try to resist!  At least until your blood test morning.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hi Everyone

Wow! It's been busy on the ARGC girls thread the last couple of days - don't really know where to start.

Had a c**p day on Tuesday travelling up for bloods - there was an accident on the M3, so instead of getting to the clinic for 8.30, we ended up getting there for just before 10.00am.  Had my bloods done, then went for a bite to eat and went back home.  We managed to get caught up in another traffic jam on the M25 on the way back & I didn't get back to work until 2.30pm!  I was in a foul mood I can tell you :mad:

I managed to catch up with Emmalou.  She's up in London full time for the next couple of weeks now and hasn't got access to a computer, so I said I'd keep you all up to date on her progress.  She wasn't quite DR'd enough, so had to increase her DR drugs.  Naughty girl, wasn't drinking enough and ended up in bed feeling very unwell yesterday.  I spoke to her today and she feels much better - she's having her first stimm jab tonight - hope it went OK.

Tonga ~ sorry I didn't see you on Tuesday, both me & Emm were looking out for you.  Jo said our results should be in next Weds, so fingers crossed eh!

Flopsy, Carmela & Marly ~ Our 2ww gals!  Stay  ^reiki^ and get any negative thoughts out of your minds.  Sending tons of ^fairydust^ your way

Croc ~ your wedding dress looks stunning.  I want that link though - I would laugh even more if it's someone I know - I certainly wouldn't be offended  ;D

Crystal ~ hope you're having a lovely birthday ^birthday^

Jen ~ have a fab time in Miami - sounds wonderful!

Claudine ~ We were originally MF diagnosis.  I was on a monitored cycle, then I got my immune results back (which were quite high) and am now on Humira.  I need to get my levels down before I start tx, so hopefully won't be that long now.  If I'm lucky enough, I could be starting in the next few weeks, but I don't mind the wait.  Your FSH levels will soon get back to normal, I'm sure.

Van ~ you always seem to be on the go and always working - what is it you do for work?  Hope you manage to find some time to chill and relax.  Look after yourself  ;)

Hi to Emmi, Jane, Georgia, Kim, Megan, GM, Eva, Wis, DaisyJ, Sophia, Audrey, Moni, Thewife, Tash, Victoria, DBZ, Renata, Amber & any other ARGC girls I've missed - hope you're all OK.

I'll catch up soon
Take Care
Love
Nikki
x
^wave^

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nikki and Kim
Thanks for the good wishes - its definitely getting harder. Everyday now I'm getting AF like cramps and although everyone says you just can't tell its really scary.

I'm busy planning lots of really nice things for the weekend to take my mind of Monday - you know meals out, retail therapy etc... I'm now too scared to do a home test as I'm worried it might be negative. I was really bad and bought 40 tests for £12 online cos I was sick of paying loads in Boots and now I can't bring myself to use them (how sad am I?)

Carmela and Flopsy I can only imagine you are at a similar sort of place to me now - I'm thinking of you both and wishing you loads of luck.

Nikki - sounds like you have a real marathon journey to the ARGC it must be pretty stressful for you.

lots of love to you all - most of all thanks for being here to listen to my ravings

Marly

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi there ladies

Sorry I've been away for so long.  There have been so many new ladies at the ARGC.  Welcome to all of you that I haven't met (so to speak...)

Hope you're all doing ok with the downregging, stimming and waiting through the 2ww.

Looks like I'm the next baby boomer to pop!!!  (35 weeks and counting)  Its all starting to become a reality now - little bubs is kicking me all the time, he/she is definitely a strong'un, thanks to the ARGC.  Am finishing work at the end of next week but looking at the list of IVF babies and dates, there is definitely a high proportion of babies who come early...so you never know...this could be sooner rather than later.  I'll add a picture of me and my huge bump when dh can show me how to work the camera properly!

All the v. best to everyone. 

Wendy HP xxx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi all,

Wendy HP - great to hear from you.  I just can't believe you are 35 weeks pregnant.  I can remember reading your post at the very beginning when you were convinced it was going to be a BFN !  All the very best to you, dh and bubs !  x

Nikki - sorry I missed you on Tues.  I ended up getting there at about 10.20 so I must have just missed you.  Can't wait to get the results back and see what's happening !  How are you feeling now?  I feel fine.

Emmalou - good luck with the stimming and sorry I missed you too.

Van - nice to hear from you.  Hope you're not working too hard!

Marly and Flopsy - really hope you are bearing up.  Not long to go now.  Stay strong and keep  ^reiki^

Carmela - hope you're OK and also bearing up.  I was interested to see your post about you having to be injected with some of your dh's blood ?  How did that all come about?  I don't recall Mr T mentioning that to me at my consultation. 

Croc - hope you are OK.  I too would love that link if you get a chance.

GM - how are you feeling now?

Georgia - I really hope the prep course went well for you this week.  What's next ?

Crystal - Hi ya, nice to see you back. 

Emmi - hi lovlie.  Hope you are doing OK today. x

Hi to everyone else I've not mentioned.  Hope you are all enjoying your evenings.

Love Tonga xxx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Kim - thank you for the good wishes. Hope you have a great time in Scotland.

Flopsy - glad your spirits are a bit better today. I use frozen peas but still sore the next day. Your DH must have a secret technique, well done.
Wishing you all the best.  ^fairydust^   

Nikki - sounds like you had the day from hell on Tues, you must have been exhausted.
Hope your results are good next Weds.

Marly - good idea about keeping busy this weekend, i am doing the same. Hopefully i can resist doing any peesticks.
Wishing you all the best.   ^fairydust^

Wendy - how exciting, its ladies like you who give us all hope. Wishing you all the best

Tonga - hope your results are good on Weds.
I had the compatibility test before i went to ARGC, it is not something ARGC do.
It all came about from Dr Beer, it is called LIT. They have banned it in America so Dr Beer cannot test for it any more. But through Dr Beer i found out about a DR in the UK who does the test and can treat you if needed. It is legal in the UK but i think that there is only one DR that does it.

Hello to everyone else

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Morning all

Wendy thanks for your im will ring you later but will love to meet you  again before bubs makes an appearance ;D

Kerry how can anyone forget you ,I have often wondered about you and even sent Dee an im to see how you was doing glad things are going well for you .Please keep in touch and keep us girls informed ;)

Amber your moving up girl not long now  ;D.Have you left work yet? Will TX you in the week would love to hear from you.I heard from Kate (Mrs.P) last week all is well with her snowed under with work though but things are going grand for her and moby

Hi to all the other girls!!!!

Well adoption course is going well still have got to go every Weds throughout Feb but felt really like jacking it in on Weds evening when we got back.BIL rang to talk to Brian and told him SIL was pregnant and then to make matters worse my other SIL is having a csection next Thursday.But with talking with hubby and lovely TX from Fiffi and Flick my mind is focused on this adoption.
Anyway would any of you ladies like to meet up as I would gladly organise this,would a week day be better then a weekend? and where are you all based? I'm in Watford but don't mind travelling to London.I'm sure Crystal will come and Flick and Fiffi will ring them and ask

Anyway better get ready for work

Love Georgia
xxxxx

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sophia, too late to wish you luck I know - sorry, wasn't around last night to post - but hope today went well?

Marly, Carmela & Flopsy - sending lots of positive vibes for test day ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

I'm nervous about starting d/regging, especially now I've read the leaflet with the suprecur!! I'm assuming a lot of the side effects kick in on longer term use?!!

Hi everyone else - enjoy Friday, soon be the weekend!!

Wis.

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Morning all,
Georgia - sorry to hear about SIL's, but glad you are focussed on the adoption - it will be wonderful, and such a great thing to do - think of all the happiness it's going to bring to you all. I'm up for a meet - weeknights or weekends are OK with me, and I'm in London. Would be lovely to put faces to names!
Wis - D/R is not exactly pleasant, but it's over quite soon and you feel immediately better with the first stimm injection! Keep away from that leaflet, it's poison!! ^evil^
Marly, Carmela & Flopsy - hope you are all doing OK.  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Megan - FYI - I went round the Wappin' Elf Centa last Friday to register my pregnancy (2nd try!). Once again they were quite unhelpful  ^snarl^ - the Dr actually asked why I couldn't go private! After justifying why I'd like NHS care rather than pay myself (mainly because of it being twins and the likelihood of needing special care costing £2k per night, which isn't covered by private insurance because of the 'method of conception'), I said I want to go to St Thomas's, and he said he'd refer me there. Lo and behold, yesterday, I got a letter re: a scan appoint at the ROYAL LONDON :mad:. So I went back this morning and said please change this, I don't want to go there (I have a freaky phobia about that hospital ^confused^ - could be something to do with going there as a teenager (wearing 'kylie-style' shorts  ^spin^and getting chased down an underground corridor by a man with a dead body trolley). I'm going to decline the appt., as if we end up not moving, I'll then be stuck with it there. I'd recommend trying to sort all this out ASAP if you can. I said if St Thomas's won't take me, then I'll go to Chelsea and Westminster. Failing that, any hospital in Edinburgh will do fine!!!!
Wendy - Good luck! How exciting, not long now.  ^cloud9^
Hi to everyone - have a great weekend  ^daisy^
Love
Jane
XX

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hi Jane , you crack me up.  Wappin 'elf cenna indeed!  Thats exactly what they sound like!  I went there last monday.  Told them over the phone that I was pg. and they said I'd have to come in and register with the nurse before i could see a doc.  I asked if I could do them both together and oh no thats too hard.  So have an appt with the doc next monday. 

Carmela , Flopsy & Marly.  I wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you.  I will be off line for a bit as we are moving tomorrow and therefore will have to get our broadband reconnected at the new place.  So I wish you the very best of luck for testing.  I havent forgotten what torture it is during the 2ww, and I hope you all come out the other side with great news.  xx

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me butting in but as you're all ARGC girls and I'm soon to become a patient there too, I thought I'd ask for your advice.

I've recently had immunology blood testing done by Care in Notts which costed 1000 pounds (sorry - my keyboard won't let me type in the pound sign), and recently I've gone to Dr Beer for a second opinion, and he's recommended further immunology testing.  When I've priced this up at the ARGC this is going to cost another 1000 pound approx. too. 

Has anybody else had to pay this much for all the immunology blood tests ???    I'm feeling quite overwhelmed at how much these are costing as I wasn't expecting to have that many more done after the one's carried out at Care  ???

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Hazel

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hello

yet another day of the 2ww gone and i haven't self combusted with stress which is good.

Wisbabe - ignore all leaflets everyone is different I started DRing in jamaica on holiday and felt fine - not a side effect in sight.

Haze £2000 sounds like a lot for immunology - I had a bank of immunology tests at ARGC which cost £780. Why don't you phone and ask a bit more about the actual tests they want to do so then you can look them all up and find out more. The whole immunology thisn is quite new and is changing all the time.

Georgia I really feel for you - its always the same - when we started fertility treatment everyone around me seemed to get pregnant at once. Good luck with the adoption side of things. One question though (as we have thought about it too) is there an age over which they won't let you adopt?

Jane - sounds like a nightmare - I've worked at The royal London lately and I can say that it has really improved and that you may actually quite like it if you give it a chance. Its one of those progressive hospitals which has had a major overhall in the last 10 years and they now take a lot of pride in themselves. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Carmela and Flopsy I hope you are staying postitve and reasonably sane just a couple of days to go.

love

Marly

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi

Marly  - re adoption.  They don't like to give an age over which you can adopt, but the older you are the older the child is if you adopt domestically.  The books I have (we're going for adoption too) say that social services don't like there to be more than a 45 year age gap between you and the child (direct from the BAAF book!) and it goes on to say that "the average age for adopters in the UK is currently 38". 
One of the reasons we're going for an overseas adoption is because our ages mean that we are very unlikely to be matched with an infant or toddler in the UK. 

Nikki, Tonga ...you're both right - I need to ease off work a bit!  Trouble is that I'm self employed and work from home as well as in the office...and have been taking on as much as possible to try and make up the cost of tx!  As we're going for international adoption we'll have to pay for a home study - it's never ending!

We still haven't decided whether to go for a follow-up.    I kind of feel that we're beginning to draw a line under the tx  so it doesn't seem worthwhile.  What do you all think?

Carmela, Flopsy and Marly - I hope you're hanging in there.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you all!

Love Van
XX

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Van - Do you think that if you don;t have the follow-up, you might ask yourself questions in a couple of years? If not, don;t bother with it, as it sounds as if you have your focus on the adoption process now - Wishing you LOADS of luck. Which country are you hoping to adopt from?
Marly -thanks - maybe I should calm down a bit over the Royal London, I just hate driving past that place and seeing all the horrid dirty people outside, it makes me think it's like that inside! Not the sort of place I want to bring my precious babies into the world in!
Glad to hear you 2WW girls are still sane - like Megan, I haven't forgotten it either (don't think I ever will!), hope the weekend goes quickly for you all
Jane
XX

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi ladies,

Carmela, Flopsy and Marly - hope you're not feeling too nuts waiting.  Not long now.... ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ruth- thank you for thinking of me for my hyst. It went fine - everything looks normal, so it's the green light in about a week and a half. And don't read side- effect leaflets! They'll scare the bejeezus out of you. ^scared^  The only side effect I had through nearly 3 months of sniffing (didn't work for me) were hot flushes and feeling knackered.  I'm sure you'll be fine.

Van- I agree with Jane.  If you relly feel you've put the cycle to rest, then don't go. But make sure you won't wonder later.  Good luck with the adoption.x

Georgia- SIL's pregnancies are the worst, I think.  I have one who's a bloomin nightmare of a woman and she's popped out 2 in the time we've been trying.  She has no sensitivity and thinks she's God's gift.  It's great that your hubby understands.
I'd love to go to a meet up. Thanks for offering to arrange it.  My vote is for a weekday eve somewhere central.  I live in Wimbledon. Shame it's too cold for a picnic.

Hi Jane- hope the appointment gets sorted.  I can understand why you'd want to feel right about where you go with that precios cargo.

Tonga- good luck for your results.  Glad you're feeling well on the Humira.

Looks light I'll start stimming on short protocol around 16 feb. Any cycle buddies out there?

Lots of love to all the girls,
Soph xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello All ARGC ladies

I haven't posted for a week, since being back from holiday my work became a bit of hell.  :(
I have a new boss who is planning a complete re-structure of the department. What this really means: more work for me. He sort of knows that I'll be going through tx however, he seems not too care. What can you expect from a single man with no family etc (he is in his 40)?
I had a very good relationships with my old boss, he knew about my tx and gave me space to deal with this. We were not lucky with the good results of our former attempts, he left and I'm now facing lots of pressure from the other guy to deliver on time. Unfortunately, I'm at the start of a very exciting project, which will be at the peak during my tx. Any other time, I would be very excited, but not now. He doesn't understand my priorities and this is causing a lot of stress. I know I should be concentrating on relaxation before the tx, but somehow I can't. Not sure what to do...
Anyway, enough moaning.

Marly, Carmela & Flopsy - not long to go! I hope you're OK - wishing you lots of luck  ^BFP^

Wis - don't be nervous about downreg symptoms, it really depends on the person. During 3 weeks of that I only had 2-3 headaches. Acupuncture helped a lot.

Croc - your wedding dress is fab, I'm sure you'll look fantastic!

Georgia - good luck with adoption course, sorry to hear about all these pregnancies around you, it always hurts really bad. However, please remember that you'll get your baby - one way or another and you are doing everything possible to get there  ^goodluck^
I'm also up for a meeting. Weekdays are better for me than weekends. London is a good venue for me Great idea!

Van - it's hard to advise on this decision. I would probably go for a follow-up to get some answers (but that's me). Once you have decided on the adoption, it may be easier to stick to your decision and the follow-up may distract you. I wish you all the best with the adoption process.  ^sunny^

Jane/Megan - good luck with your NHS hospital appointments, I really hope you'll end up where you want and they would provide a very good care for you. :)

Hazel - I think you should investigate with ARGC on the immunology test. It's best to call them to find out. I don't think you should be paying again for the same thing.

Wendy -congrats on your 35 weeks, I hope you're feeling great and not too heavy, it's not long to go - put your feet up girl!  ^afro^

Hello to everyone else I've missed and have a great weekend :)

Lots of love
Shade
xx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts, not too long to go but it is getting harder every minute!

^eyes^ ^scared^ ^zombie^ ^surprise^ ^snarl^ ^spin^ ^tantrum^ ^confused^ ^shake^  ^furios^ ^jumpin^ ^mercy^ ^help^ ^scared^ ^tantrum^

Flopsy + Marly - how are you both doing? I hope all is well and you are both still trying to keep sane.

Georgia - sorry to hear about the SIL's.
I had just had my 5th miscarriage (at the age of 39) and had to put up with certain family members having an open conversation in front of me.
They were telling their 17 year old daughters (who they had without problems at very young ages), that they have to hurry up and get married so they can start having their own families.
They said that women over the age of 35 should not have children because it leaves too much of an age gap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hows that for compassion???
Anyway the meet up sounds good.

Wis - the DR side effects are really not that bad and it is over so quickly. Try not to be nervous

Jane - i completely sympathise with you about choosing a hospital you are going to feel comfortable in. The hospital in my area was on the top of the "SHAME" list for being the most unhygienic in the UK. I really hope you can sort out something you are happy with.

Megan - good luck with the house move

Hazel - as the others have said i think you need to find out exactly what tests you have to re do

Van - i think you need to follow your heart. If you are trully over with TX and have no need for the follow up then that is what you should do. As the others have said as long as you are sure you will not look back and regret it. Wishing you all the best.

Soph - glad your Hysteroscopy went well. You will soon be on your way,wiishing you lots of luck.

Shade - sorry you have to put up with such an unsympathetic boss.
Hope he does'nt make things too hard for you.

Hello to all the other ladies hope you are all well.
Love Carmela x

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.