Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Hi everyone,
Nikki and Claudine  I'm glad both your hysteroscopies went well yesterday and they found everything to be in good working order.  I'm a little bit confused when you say you were at the Wellington as I'm having mine tomorrow but thought I had to go to the ARGC!
I'm now a bit worried that I haven't listened properly when being told about it and can't phone as I have to be there at 7am.

Claudine My DH too is disgustingly fit (he is a sportsman) and Mr T said its really common for men who do a lot of sport to have bad sperm as they over heat and sometimes it is possible to be too healthy (bring on the chocolate cake I say!).

Love Joanna x

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow Joanna - they do hysteroscopies at the ARGC too so you probably were listening.

Marly

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Thanks Marly. I'll go there then and hope for the best. :)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Girls,

It's me again with hopefully my last post on the subject. So sorry to have taken up all this space on this issue.

I met with Mr T. and we had a full and frank exchange of views. We did not agree on some issues but did on others. We both stood our ground but listened to the other's point of view. We have agreed a course of action and I will be monitored by the clinic to see what is happening. Hopefully we can proceed somewhere from there if my body is able.

My admiration for Mr T. and his approach has doubled today. It is a pity we did not meet at the start and agree on common terms and that's where the misunderstanding have crept in with his staff.

He really is a class-act and one of a kind. Also a very compassionate, caring human being.  It is a brave man who can face a hormonal and angry woman......

I won't be saying any more on the subject but will post when I have some news about future events.

Wishing you all well and hoping to participate as normal without all these "me, me, me postings".

Thank you for all of your understanding and support in what's been an awful time.

With love from,

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi girls,

flopsy - glad you have got an action plan with Mr T. I hope that makes you feel a bit better.
I do worry about the fact that a lot of the communication is done by his staff and we have already had some misinformation due to this but we managed to resolve. I hope he is doing something about his staffing levels.  Keep updating !

Carmela, Marly - hope all is going well for you. Your numbers look good!

Joanna - good luck with your hysteroscopy

Thanks for everyone's advice on caffeine. I am not going to make any changes to the amount of tea I drink!

I am getting a bit nearer to my cycle starting my FSH levels came back and they were low so just need to see Mr T for a scan before I start ( I think! )

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Girls,

Quick question, please.  Looks like af has arrived so I need to go in tomorrow for my bloods.  Can you remind me the hours for the tests?  Is is 8-10 or 9.30?
Thanks,
Soph x

·
Registered
248 Posts
Flopsy - I'm glad you had a productive discussion with Mr T and that you have not lost faith in the ARGC. I really hope that the next month or two brings good news and enables you to plan further teatment.

Sophia blood tests start a 8am

Audrey great news about the FSH you must be eager to start - lots of luck

love
Marly

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks Marly, but do you know what time they finish?  I'm hoping for a bit of a lie-in. ;)

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Sophia - I was told midday latest for hormone profile. I got mine done last week. ( I also wanted a lie-in !! ) I went in just before midday.

Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
161 Posts
Flopsy, I am so relieved for you my love.  Have been thinking about you all day.  I agree Mr T is one in a million and hopefully he will see you through your tx himself causing no confusion and misunderstandings this time.  I think you should feel 100% positive this time honey, he will do his very best for you and I wish you the very best of luck.  :-*  And DONT feel bad about asking advice etc... that's what we all do and why we are here, to support each other INCLUDING YOU!  Have a wonderful evening my love.x

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sophia, yep 8-12pm is blood times.  Good luck!
Joanna, Hope tomorrow goes well my love.  I had my hysteroscopy done at the ARGC during the week and I think MrT only does the ones at the Wellington on Saturday's  ???
Audrey, Good luck, nearly there now.x
Hope everyone else is well.xxxx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Flopsy - so glad you met with Mr T and they will monitor you. Hopefully no long term damage has been done. Please keep us updated on your progress.
You have no need to apologise, you are always there to give support to all of us (even in your darkest moment). If you can't rely on us when you most needed to talk when could you?
Wishing you all the best.

Croc - no offence taken at all, knew exactly what you meant.
As for your sister how selfish and spiteful is she?
Jealousy can make people say + do the most awful things. As long as you and DP are happy that is the most important thing.

Marly - your levels sound great. I am also in tomorrow for follow up bloods and NK cell test. I still do not know when my scan is, i am very anxious though. I keep letting myself think about my "babies" but not for long.
Hope you are resting and not stressing too much.

Shade - hope AF arrives when you want so you can start TX

Van - thank you for your post, it put a very big smile on my face because it is oh so true!

Moni - sorry you are feeling down.
Please do not feel bad about your egg reserves. I feel some cycles just work better than others.
At the age of 36 i only produced 6 eggs of which only 2 were any good to use.
At the age of 40 i produced 18 eggs of which 12 were good to use. So i really do not think age is always a factor.
I think you are still feeling down with good reason. I also feel you made the right decision to wait to March, giving yourself another month to recover mentally and physically.
Wihing you all the best.

Nikki - so glad your Hysto went well. Not long at all until you start TX, wishing you all the best

Claudine - i have raised CD19, my DH has normal sperm.
I ahve been pregnant 2 times through IVF and 3 times through Natural conception. I lost all five.
I have no immune symptoms and nothing else is wrong with me.
After the 5th miscarriage i found out i had immune problems, to me everything fell into place in my mind.
I am now pregnant after IVF and immune treatment only time will tell if it works. One thing i know is that i would never have forgiven myself if i did not do the immune treatment and things go wrong. This way i know i have tried everything.

Joanna - good luck with the Hysteroscopy tomorrow

Audrey - glad your FSH levels were fine and you can start TX

As for me my spotting got a little worse yesterday but today seems to have calmed down. So trying not to worry too much

Hello to every one else

Love Carmela x

about

·
Registered
248 Posts
Carmela - good to hear from you. As I'm sure you know spotting occurs in approximately 1/3 of all healthy pregnancies so stay cool about it at all times. Lots of luck for your blood test tomorrow - I'll have to skive off work for a couple of hours to have mine done but I really don't care any more.

One good thing about all this is that its really put my life into perspective and work just isn't top priority anymore (something I probably didn't get right all these years).

I've been on call this weekend and its been quiet so far which is good but boy has the time past slowly (I've logged in about 100 times to see if anyone else has posted - how sad am I)

love

Marly

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello everyone

Moni - Don't consider yourself as an oldie, you are only 38  - as others said, your egg quality will vary from cycle to cycle. I'm glad all is well with your blood profile. Have you been advised before if you would need hysteroscopy?  I had one done together with laparoscopy last year at NHS hospital. At the moment nobody suggested at ARGC that I would need this done again. You've mentioned, that you were advised this during your consultation following the blood profile. Is this a routine?
I'm hoping to start my tx soon (subject to AF arriving at the right time) and I'm not aware of a need for hysterscopy. Does it mean I may be asked to do the same?
I hope your hysto goes well and you'll be able to start your tx when you are ready.

Flopsy - I'm so pleased you have met with Mr T, at least things are now on the right track. Please stay positive.

Jane - the Bridge Centre did not give us any answers, I felt they did not monitor us closely at all and at the end some mistakes were made. I really hope we get more luck at ARGC.

Van - thank you for your advice on the blood profiles at the weekend. I will call ARGC again to find out more details.

Nikki - I'm very happy that your hysterscopy went well, give yourself plenty of rest. Good luck with your tx.

Joanna - all the best for your hysto tomorrow.

Carmela - spotting is quite frequent in the early stages of pregnancy. A friend of mine, who s now 12 weeks pregnant with twins  had similar experience in the first 8 weeks. I hope this goes away soon.

Audrey - good luck with your tx, when do  you think you will be starting?

Marly - I hope you are OK and taking things really easy, look after yourself.

Have a lovely Valentine's Day tomorrow girls. All the best to everyone else I haven't mentioned.

Lots of love to all
Shade

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi

Thanks for everyones kind wishes, everything is now very quiet here now, my sister ended up writing a long letter and posting it through our door yesterday,she is again apologising but also pointing out my wrongs and I think that is the only way she can apologise so I am so glad to let it all go cos I have been completely exhausted by it all...as dramatic as it sounds....I think its because, although I am no angel I absolutely hate confrontation or arguements and when it happens it really drains me and this weekend I have felt like I have flu...as I feel so tired

Anyway, enough of me..

Flopsy I am glad that you have managed to meet with Mr T and the outcome was satisfactory, I truly hope whatever you have agreed has a positive outcome, you deserve it...

Treacle/Claudine glad your hysterscopy's went ok and you have nice healthy homes for your future embies ^afro^
Joanne good luck with you hysterscopy  ^goodluck^

Carmella, I forgot to say in my previous post that my best friend didn't spot through her pregnancy she bled heavily clots as well (sorry tmi) but went on to have a very chatty boisterious little boy as someone said it is more common (though no less worrying) than you think..personally I think you have twin trouble ;D ;D good luck

Marly - you take it easy  you are so right, nothing is more important than you and what you have to look forward too, work will always be there and no matter what happens everyone copes with or without you, so if there was ever a time to put yourself first this is it...make the most of it cos you will never feel this special and this clever again unless of course you have another one ;D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Audrey and Emmi- thanks ladies. x

Carmela- very happy to hear that the bleeding is easing up. I'm sure that everything will be just fine.  Hope you can relax very soon.

Joanna- all the best for tomorrow.  It'll be over before you know.

Shade- not sure if you'll need a hyst. as you've had one already.  I was suggested mine only after my failed cycle.  Hopefully it won't be necessary for you.

Love to all,
Soph xx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Whoops sorry posted the last post by mistake, hadn't finished....

I think someone is telling me its time to go to bed....

Anyway to everyone else whatever you are doing this week, have a good one, hope any scans tests tx is sucsessful and after the week I had last week I wish you a peaceful one too....

going to see my GP tomorrow morning to see if she will agree to paying for my blood tests (FSH LH E2 etc) don't hold out much hope, but you never know

Good night

Croc

Oh and have a great valentines day everyone

^BMS^ ^smlove^ ^Cuddle^ ^DizzyLove^ ^censored^

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Flopsy - Great to hear you have had a good chat with Mr T. and it sounds like you will be looked after like the VIP you are.
Sophia - Enjoy the lie-in, and congrats on AF arriving - good luck with the hormone profile.
Shade, you saying that you weren't monitored closely by the Bridge, made me remember how the end of my tx went there - I had a couple of scans, and on the Thursday, they said I was ready to trigger. However, as they are closed at weekends, they told me to wait until Saturday night, and come in on the Monday for EC. Looking at the report and notes - it said my eggs were 'old and grainy' (I was 33 at the time) - I think they went all 'kevlar-like' and told DH's sperm to p*ss off! This would never happen at ARGC - they do EC at the optimum time for EC, not the Doctors! ARGC don't always ask for a hysteroscopy (especially 1st time round), but it's worth checking.
Joanna - Good luck for tomorrow
Croc - Hope you get a great nights sleep and next week is more fun for you (Without the wedding 'planners' all putting their oars in!). Good luck with the GP.
Emmi - 2nd tri already - well done!
Jane
XX

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi girls

Nikki  -I am glad your hysteroscopy went well, not long now until your treatment starts. Exciting stuff.

Claudine - when I got my immune tests back and was told my immune system was over active I was not surprised in the least. I  am very healthy and in 13 years of work have never had a day off sick. I teach and am with children all day and there is always someone who has a cold or bug and I never catch things.  My mum is the same as me, never ill, never catches things, she had loads of early miscarriages (obviously nothing wrong with male factor) and I believe that she would have the same as me if she was investigated. I keep meaning to look on the websites into the IVIG stuff but feel I trust Mr T. completely that I will get round to it some time.

Croc - so sorry you are still having problems with your family over the wedding and then added things. I think your sister is very selfish and hurtful. I hope things get sorted out.

Flopsy  - so glad you had a meeting with Mr T. and that you feel you have got some answers. I hope things go how you want them to. Please don't feel you are ranting and raving and being me, me, me - we are here for you and so glad when you feel better for getting things aired. You would do the same for others.

^hugme^ ^hugme^

Carmela - your levels sound fantastic. Try to stop worrying, I have read so much about people spotting and bleeding heavy and still going on to have healthy pregnancies. Rest lots and look after yourself.

Marly - glad you are doing well. Did you have immune tests and treatment?

Joanna - good luck for tomorrow.

Audrey  -good luck, glad your levels are low.

Can I ask a couple of questions. I am looking to do tx in April / May. I will have my hormone levels done at my GPs. Can I have them done in March or do they need to be done the af before cycle monitoring? Also I am to have a hysteroscopy do I  book that for April or do I do it  the month before when tx is to start or does Mr T. decide on this? Am I right in thinking that hormone profile is to be done days 1,2 or 3?
Thanks
Thinking of you all, hope your weekend was good and you have a good Monday.
GM xxx

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.