Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the good luck messages you are all so brilliant. I'm really nervous but very much looking forward to having a definite answer (I've been so paranoid that I don't even think of myself as pregnant at the moment).

Tina - I think the water and aspirin etc starts with stimming but you can ask them when you go for your scan to check you have downregged enough.

I took fish oils before because they are brilliant for your heart and generally good for you. I think they help with the immune issues of infertility too. if you take them it is recommended you take the high dose (1gram).

Sophia - I hope you aren't feeling too rough and I agree with Megan its the quality that matters - i had 15 eggs but only 7 fertilised cos the rest were immature and of those 4 went on to divide well. other people may only get 4-6 eggs but have a much better fertilisation rate.

I hope Emmalous ET went OK - I may have missed the news on the last thread.

love

Marly

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a good day.
Trying to feel more  ^reiki^ about things. I have made an appointment to see Mr T in April to discuss what to do next, so feel a little better.
It is the money we have spent around £17,000 to date on IVF and I really dont know where the next lot of money is coming from :-[!!!
Does anyone else worry about the money side of things or do you all thing we should just get on with it and worry about the money after?
Hope you are all fine, whatever your stage.xxx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement.  You guys are wonderful.
I've just been re-reading Zita West's book and am trying to take her advice and banish all negative thoughts.  I'm really going to try to think positive and remind myself that it just takes one!

Thanks again,
Soph x :-*

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went to start ICSI this month and was told my FSH was too high and felt very unhappy as I had mentally prepared  myself to go ahead with treatment. I have been researching the site and gathered ideas for lowering this in the future.  My job is fairly stressful, does stress play a part in raising levels?  I very much sympathize with you Paranoid, when you say the cost of IVF bothers you it is a lot of money for most people and although a family is very very important to me you do wonder at what cost?  I will only be able to afford one or two cycle so heres hoping.

All good wishes to everyone

Chucky egg  ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi

Marly - GOOD LUCK for tomorrow. Enjoy every minute of it.

Soph - you really must be positive and think quality not quantity. When I had one of the latter scans I remember saying to Mr G. there don't seem to be very many there and he said it is quality not quantity we want and that stayed with me. I only had 9 eggs, 7 fertilised and I had 2 blastocysts, couldn't really have expected better. As they say it only needs 1 - stay  ^reiki^. It is very true, negative thoughts bring about negative thoughts and you only see the negative side to things, be a Polyanna xx

Kim - how wonderful, enjoy every minute of your 10 weeks as it  wont be long before you wont remember what rest means!! xx

Carmela - I thought of you so much today. Went back to school and kept seeing the 2 pg women at work and thought of you having 3 of them, sooo exciting.

Paranoid -  I have not thought about the money side of this at all, not because I have the money to hand but if I did I know it would be something we couldn't afford and I have decided I don't want to spend my life childless so I realise that the money has to be something which I can't even think about. I know how you feel.

Chucky egg - I have read on here posts where others have said stress has a part to play in high fsh levels. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. Try to keep positive.

Hope you are all well. Take care
GM xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Paranoid

I totally understand how you feel about the money issue.  I've just started down regging but the amount of money we have already spent seems vast -what with the hysteroscopy, drugs and immune tests etc.  It does scare me sometimes but I'm trying not to think about it and focus on why we're spending the money.  I try and tell myself I have enough to worry about without even getting into the money issue! So, I think you are right - we just have to get on with it and worry about the money later!

It's really good that you have made your appointment with Mr T - he is fantastic!  It helps to be doing something and making plans as well doesn't it? 

Lots of luck.

Love

Debbie
x

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ARGC Mummies

Van - 06/02 ^blueted^

Dada - 10/12/04 ^blueted^

ARGC Mummies To Be

Wendy - EDD 08/03/05 ^babycrawl^

Kate (MrsP) - EDD 28/03/05 ^babycrawl^ RIP Baby 2 ^angel^

Amber - EDD 01/04/05 ^babycrawl^

Nic - EDD 10/04/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^

Kerry - EDD 05/05/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^

Kim - EDD 18/05/05 ^babycrawl^ (Induction 04/05/05)

Jane - EDD 19/05/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^

Lara - EDD 26/05/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^

JenF - EDD 4/07/05 ^babycrawl^

Karen - EDD 5/07/05 ^babycrawl^

Teresa - EDD 5/07/05 ^babycrawl^

Emma - EDD 31/07/05 ^babycrawl^

Victoria - EDD 4/08/05 ^babycrawl^

DBZ - EDD 6/8/05 ^babycrawl^

Emmi - EDD 9/8/05 ^babycrawl^

Tash - EDD?? ^babycrawl^

Renata - EDD?? ^babycrawl^

Abby - First scan?? ^babycrawl^

Megan - EDD 9/9/05 ^babycrawl^

Marly - Good Luck today ^babycrawl^

Carmela - EDD ? ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^

2WW girls

Emmalou testing 3/3/05 ^2ww^ ^goodluck^

EC/ET

Stimmers and sniffers

Sophia - Short protocol 17/2
WisBabe - D/R 21/2
Debbie704 - D/R
Nikki - D/R 27/2

Immune tests/hormone profiles

Patrice - immunology results
Bels - ?

Cycle Monitoring

Eva - ?
Country Girl - ?
Shade - Claudine - Feb 05
Flopsy - Ongoing

Waiting impatiently!!

Callie
Dockers
Moni
Tonga - Tx March?
GM - TX April/May
Crystal - May/June 05?
Flick - FET maybe Feb ?
Juliet
Muji
Paranoid
Audrey (Sparkle38)
TheWife - TX May/June?
Tina ?

Follow-ups

Zosh - ??
Est - ??

Initial Consultations

Croc - May (after honeymoon ^goodluck^ )
Missy London - Feb

Honorary Members

Georgia - No 1 girl (originator) will tx again one day
Fiffi (undecided)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Morning girls

Hope your all ok and behaving yourselves,well today is the last day of our course and feeling quite drained about it all but onwards and upwards we will find out next Tuesday if we can go the next step which will be home visits.

Sophie hun I know how you feel as that just sounds like it came out of my mouth but it is quality not quanity babe and Mr.T was always preaching that to me  ;D

Kim you lady of leisure you hope you don't get to bored hun,maybe we should organise a meet up to keep you company....OK GUYS ALL ROUND TO KIM'S FOR LUNCH  ;D ;D

Paranoid money is always an issue and blieve me we have spent a pretty packet over the last few years but they do say you can never put a price on a baby's head.It is a tricky thing but we were lucky enough for our last go to borrow some money of our house as it has gone up alot in the last few years  ;)  ^goodluck^

Carmela hope your resting girl !!!!!!

Well girls in under 2 weeks time Wendy shall be adding to the list another ARGC baby those of you that didnt know Wendy her story is warm and uplifting.She only had 1 embie put back in a 2 cell Look where she is now.If anything can lift your spirits that can

Well I suppose I better get ready to make myself respectable  ;D :-\

^Heart^  ^fairydust^  and ^Cuddle^
Georgia

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Morning ladies,
Kim - Enjoy your maternity leave and the rest you are going to get. The calm before the storm!  ;)

Marly - Hope you are having a FAB morning seeing your little 'un!  ^reiki^ ^babycrawl^

Paranoid - I think regarding the money, that we tried to put that to the back of our minds and worry about it later. The last cycle was really expensive (before we even knew it had worked!) and we didn't want to add to the stress. Of course, when it works, you completely forget about every penny you've spent though!

Soph - Keep those positive thoughts going ^reiki^. I've got a good feeling about this cycle for you. ;D

Chucky Egg - welcome and good luck. I think stress plays a part in the whole fertility 'game' really. Some friends and I had a discussion about it recently and found that there was an inverse correlation between the ease of getting pregnant and the available funds (i.e. of the group that were skint, they all got pg straight away!). This then transcribed to the fact that those who were better off financially had higher stress jobs and lives (and of course were probably better off financially as they didn't have kids!) ^eyes^

Georgia - wishing you all the best for your course tonight. I'm sure you don't need any luck though, 'cos whoever gets you all as a family are going to be the luckiest kids in the world!  ^afro^

Hope everyone is well. We had good news yesterday at our 28 week scan, the babies are estimated to weigh 2lb 11oz and 2lb 12oz and are growing very well apparently (same as if they were singletons)

Love to everyone

Jane
XXX

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Georgia glad to hear all is going well.  So after you get the ok from the home visits how long will it take?

Jane, how exciting that they are the same size as singletons!  Are you huuuuuuge??

Marly, wishing you all the best for today, then you can start posting on the 1st tri thread.

Paranoid, money is always a tricky one.  Also up there is how much emotional energy you can afford.  I guess you dont want to have any regrets down the line.  But its an individual thing.

Well i had booked in for a nuchal scan privately next week but i thought well i pay my taxes so i'll give the nhs a go and went to the royal london yesterday.  It was brilliant and all is well so thats another hurdle jumped over.

Love and luck to all.  M

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi girls,

Hope everyone is well today.

Jane - congratulations on your twin’s weights, looks like they are doing really well. Not long to go now ! Do you still get care from Mr T ? I just wondered as I heard other mums-2-b are still seeing him. Are you comfortable carrying twins?

Paranoid - I know what you mean about the money. We just decided to put the money to the back of our minds and get on with the treatment. I don’t keep a count of the money we have spent so far. In a way I suppose I am glad that it doesn’t come to us as a final bill. It doesn’t seem too bad if you don’t add it all up !  ::)

Soph - more positive vibes to you today  ^reiki^

Chucky Egg -  I was told by my gynecologist that high stress levels, excess exercise and copious amounts of tea led to high FSH levels. I know for sure that stress has a strong influence as I used to have a very high stress job and whilst working my FSH levels were well over 10. Now they are around 6 - 7.

Georgia - good luck with your home visit ! It won’t be long before a little person arrives. :)

Emmalou - hope your ET went well  ^reiki^

Kim - hope you are enjoying your 1st day of maternity leave

Megan - hope your scan goes well next week.

Welcome Tina !  You are in the best place.

I’m just waiting  to start Humira injections now …….

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all well.

Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi everyone,

Jane- that's wonderful news that the twins are growing so well.  well done you!

Megan- Excellent news on the scan.  It must feel great to have that worry behind you.

Georgia- hope everything continues to go smoothly for you.  I'm sure it will and it won't be long til you have your wonderful new addition(s).

Marly- looking forward to your news today.

Thanks again girls for your positive thoughts and stories.  It does help to hear of others who thought they wouldn't get there and did.  Starting the dreaded clexane tonight.  I think I'll try tummy and see if that helps.

hello Audrey, GM, Wis, Paranoid, Debbie, Chucky, Kim, Carmela, Nikki, Tonga, Croc, and all the other girls.

In for IVIg tomorrow- anyone else?

Love,
Soph xx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Thanks girls!
I am ENORMOUS already - people think I'm about to pop and when I tell them I have 10+ weeks to go, they are shocked. Some just laugh ^confused^. So far, I have been really lucky and have been fine. Am getting quite uncomfortable now, but I can put up with it (of course!). Us tx girls wouldn't dare to moan about side-effects anyway!  ;)
Megan - glad to hear Royal London were good (and more glad to hear the nuchal scan was OK  ;D). I actually got an appointment to see them at last. I'll only be 29 weeks, and it's only for a scan, no midwife or anything!  ^snarl^ Am going to St Thomas's (privately) tonight though, slightly annoyed I have to do this, but don't really have any choice if I want some care.  :-\
XX

·
Registered
161 Posts
Carmela, WOW - Am sooooo happy for you - do they make 3 babied buggies?  ???  ;D  Take care and enjoy, it's a wonderful feeling so relax now all looks well my lovlie.

Marly - Come on..... desperate to hear your news too.  Hope today went well.  :-*

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Girls,

Thank you so much for your warm wishes and positive thoughts. I arrived home yesterday it feels like i have been away for 6 months. :)
Everything went really well the transfer went really smoothly and they said the embyros looked perfect. ;D They have given us a 65% chance of success. Is this normal at my last clinic they would never have given us a percentage. I am on heperin and gestrone injections once a day. Had a bit of a moment last night, Jim went to give me the gestrone injection and i just freaked out because the needle was so big got my self in a right state ended up at A&E where a nurse gave me the injection at 11pm. I just get the feeling i have blown it getting so worked up and taking the injection so late. :mad:

Not sure what i should be doing now, i feel like pottering around but i think i should be sitting down with feet up. (I am slowly going out of my mind already)!!!!

Anyway lots of love to all you lovely ladies and thank you again for all of your kind words.

Lots of love
Emmalou XXXXX

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dear all

Thanks so much for all your good luck wishes - they worked!!! We are now the offcial owners of a little blob with a heartbeat.
Mr T said everything looked fine - not sure I saw the heartbeat myself but he seemed pretty convinced.

Me and DH are thrilled and relieved as you can imagine - it all seems much more real now.

Anyway I'll probably need another scan at some point next week but good news re the NK cells - don't need IVIG for a while.

Emmalou - I'm really glad everything went well - The ARGC does have success rates around 65% for high grade embryo transfer so thats great news - make sure to take things easy now.

Sophia - glad you feel more positive its the only way to go - just keep reminding yourself you're at the right place and your dreams will come true.Also I am living proof it only takes one embryo as only one of ours thawed properly.

Paranoid - the cost is a nightmare and I'm sure everyone worries. Having said that at this point in time its worth every penny.

Chucky egg - I'm sorry about your FSH what a pain to have to delay - but its quite a common problem and waiting til it comes down gives you a much better chance of success - some of the girls from the ARGC have used acupuncture and other natural therapies to bring it down - might help pass the time to look into these things - may make you feel less helpless and it may even work!!!

GM well done on your progress - one step closer to your complete family.

Debbie - hope the downregging is going OK not long now til it starts getting really exciting.

Jane - congratulations on your scan - sounds like you've got 2 really healthy bruisers in there.

Carmela - I hope you are well and taking it easy - do you have another scan date booked yet??

Lots of love and luck to you all - still early days but I'm just a little less paranoid today

Marly

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Marly - YYAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! Great news (I don't know if I could see the heartbeat at our first scan either, but as long as Mr T. is happy, so should you be!!)  ^clapping^ ^jumpin^ ^congrats^ ^bundle^ ^banana^Great news on NK levels as well - well done. Keep resting and looking after your precious little cargo.
Emmalou - there's no way you've blown anything by injecting late. Keep up the chanting and wishing you loads of luck for testing next Thursday.  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Jane
XX

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Marly that's fab news! ^congrats^

Emmalou- excellent news on your transfer. As Jane said, I'm sure it's not a problem at all that you injected late. ^reiki^

Sophx

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi,

Marly - congratulations on your successful scan - good news. You can relax now!  ^clapping^

Emmalou - don't worry about your injection you will be fine  ^reiki^

Ruth/Debbie - hope your DR is going ok

I have got to buy Humira - are there any specific places to buy it from ? I have asked an internet pharmacy for a quotation and am waiting for their response. Do you have to buy the needles separately? Any info appreciated as I don't know anything about this injecting business !  :)
I have been told that I have to go on Humira for a month - is that normal or do people stay on Humira for longer?

Hope everyone is well this afternoon

Take Care
Audrey

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.