Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home ladies ... Good Luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the responses to my question from last night and for the welcome! Had first consultation today, which went well - feel much clearer now on the procedure. Feelng fairly positive today - but DH is now booked in for Pesa on 5th April, so this will be the moment of truth. All being well and assuming they find some sperm we will then start tx in May/June.

Thanks again
Helen

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi Helen, nice to see a fellow azoospermix, haven't met too many at ARGC as yet... wishing you and DH lots of success (lots of vials of sperm!) on April 5.

I'm coming in for bloods next week, all being well again with FSH levels I will start SP around April 1st, so planning to come along to the meet-up Friday.  Haven't been posting much as I have been trying to wrap things up here before transplanting myself in London for the next month!

I have been trying to keep up with your (very rapid) thread:
I just wanted to particularly say how sorry I was to read of your news Flopsy.  Words fail me, it's just all so unfair.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
^twitch^ Mr. T retiring?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congratulations to Ni, Kate and dh's.  Brilliant news - well done!

Flick, Am keeping everything crossed for you my love and thinking of you soooooo much.  Hoping this little frostie is just getting used to this lovely weather we've been having of late, rest up and try not to stress too much, imagine frostie on a beach dethawing with a huge glass of ice cold non-alcoholic sangria in it's hand coz that's what it's doing.  Love to you and dh.xxxxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh and thanks Georgia for the entertaining and hopefull list, it's great to see so many way up there and soon everyone else will follow  :-*  Only just cottoned on to the boy girl teddies?  Derrrrr! :p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Georgia - thanks for keeping us updated with news.  It's lovely to hear about some more ARGC babies being born.

I'm sorry to hear that Flick's having a difficult time of it again - it never seems to be straightforward for her and I'm sure she's feeling very anxious at the moment.  Please pass on my love and good wishes, I'll be keeping everything crossed for a good result tomorrow ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emmi - past the 20 week stage - hurrah!!!  Have you had your scan?  Did it go well?

Ruth - hope your fertilised eggies are still doing well today!!

Love
Kim

·
Registered
154 Posts
PS - Jane, just seen your photo in the gallery - what a wonderful bump :) :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Eileen, wishing you ^goodluck^ for fertilisation today!

I've sent you a message.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just wanted to say a big congrats to Nic and to Kate on your new arrivals.
Flick- thinking of you and hope you get the good news you deserve.

Amber x

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Flick - sending warm hugs to you, DH and little frostie

^Cuddle^ ^sunny^
Hope everything goes as it should  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Love
Jane
XX

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Quick question: my tummy is still quite sore (EC as you know was Tuesday) especially just before I go to the loo. Is it just a full bladder pushing up against ovaries (not sure on what's where!)? I am drinking 3-4 litres of water a day hence frequent visits to the loo. Going to the loo seems to ease it slightly but I'm stil aware of some discomfort.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ruth - I was sore for about 4 days after EC I think its OK provided things are improving and not getting worse.

Flick - Goodluck for Friday I hope those levels rise

Helen - I hope the %th brings you good new so you can start Tx

love

Marly

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hello been reading but not been posting here, been to busy throwing my weight around on other boards oh yeh and doing some work!!!!! ???

Talking of weight have lost 5lbs this week so hopefully I wont look too blobby in the photos if  I keep this up, but I just soooooooooooo love easter and chocolate and it is going to be soooooooooo hard. ^pig^ I was tempted this morning to forget the dieting and the massages, sunbeds, facials etc and use all the money towards having ALL the photos digitally enhanced…but then I remembered that I can’t actually do my dress up at the moment  :-\so I had better stick to the dieting :mad:
Anyway I am going to try to do personals for everyone but inevitably I will miss someone so sorry in advance

Muji good luck for the new tx, I can empathise with you, with our first tx I just launched into it, now, knowing what it entails, (the emotional side mainly), I am a little apprehensive as I feel I have only just started getting back to normal again… 

Georgia love the new pic, is that you on your wedding day, you look really lovely you 

Nikki – I hope you tx is going well, you have been missed on here
Joanna – hope your tx is also moving along and you both are growing a bumper crop of follies 

Tina – I haven’t met Mr T yet, but I think the same as the others, with your FSH so low you aren’t going into menopause.  He probably says this to everyone and its his general approach that all eggs are precious whether you have a lot or a little so that’s what he probably meant by not wasting them.

Ruth – Wow 12 fertilised you must be so pleased, if I have missed your ET then just wanted to wish you the very very best of luck for the 2ww, but hopefully they are still going strong for blasts  ^reiki^

Lila – sorry to hear you missed ovulation but the month will go quickly and gives you time to consider the IVF road. 

Tonga – hope you are on your stimms now, good luck for this cycle ^goodluck^

Welcome back  ^afro^Audrey glad to know you had a lovely break good luck with the Humira ^goodluck^

EMC welcome wow 17 eggs that’s brilliant good luck for the next bit ^goodluck^

Callie good luck to you too ^goodluck^

Congratulations to Nic and Kate on your little bundles ^congrats^

Flick I really hope your beta levels start to rise as everyone says the little frostie probably needs to warm up a bit  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi to emmalou. Carmella, Jane, Kim, Marly, Megan, Emmi god there are a lot of ARGC mummies to be now ^wave^

Flopsy belated happy birthday I hope you and your DH are bearing up, I really don’t know what to say to you…

Welcome to Helen

Hi to Plink, Sparkle38, Claudine, amber and anyone else I have missed    ^wave^

Well happy easter everyone whatever your doing
^bunny^ ^bunny^ ^bunny^ ^bunny^ ^bunny^
Croc

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi ARGC girls,

Thank you very much for all of your kind birthday wishes. I've been very poorly with another sinus infection but managed to pick up a little in the evening and have birthday cake and champagne. We have hired a car for the weekend so we are looking forward to having some day trips.

******WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY AND RESTFUL EASTER******

Flick - I am thinking of you and hoping that the little frostie is settling in and those levels starting picking up soon.

Ruth - congratulations on the incredible EC and fertilisation rate. You must be very happy with this.

EMC - Welcome to the ARGC thread. That's a great egg result and I hope that you get lots of embies from this. Please let us know when they ring.

Callie - hope that your FSH goes down and you can start soon.

Georgia - I'm so happy to hear about your consultation. Very brave of you to think about going on the rollercoaster again. Thank you for all of your support!

EM - loads of ladies get a positive on their 2 or 3rd go at IVF. I found the "waiting" the worst part and money is always a worry. Hopefully the NK stuff will be the "missing link" for you.

Tina - I'm so sorry that you were given bad news in this way. I wonder if Mr T. is talking about things like hysteroscopies, immune tests and building up things like the womb lining rather than menopause. You are a "spring chicken" compared to some of us here. You are in good hands regardless and it sounds as if Mr T. is really concerned about your well-being.

Emmi - thank you for the kind words. Good news on the big baby!

Jane - you sound so very brave about the breech and the C-section. Will look out for your photo. Thank you for all of the kind support!

Tonga- hope the blood test and OK and you can move onto stimms. A long cycle is a LONG cycle indeed. How's the Humira going?

Carmela - really enjoyed your posting about the scan. So happy that all three are doing well even if they are establishing their pecking order for later on.

Audrey - good luck with the Humira. Hope that it does the trick and things can more forward for you.

Lol - hope your stimms go well. My ovaries didn't start twitching for a few days. Not sure about the "inject now" as I was usually at home when they called.

Marly
- wishing you a happy Easter with a taste of sunshine.

Meghan - thank you for all your kind support over this rollercoaster time!

Maureen - you have been more than kind by remembering me and the lovely messages. Thank you.

With lots of love to all the wonderful ARGC girls from,

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi there

Ruth - tummy sounds normal to me - I think mine was quite tender for a while - your ovaries are probably quite swollen

Croc - well done - 5lbs is loads!

Flopsy - glad to hear you managed to celebrate your birthday in style, despite the sinus and recent horrible news. Hope you have a fab Easter.

Girls - I have posted a pic in the gallery (wasn't expecting it to be quite so difficult to get the file size small enough!) - not my most flattering shot, I must say - I must have lost my dignity!!! Oh well, I'll get it back soon!

Love
Jane
XX

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi girls,

Thanks for the best wishes, I'm at home now after a day 3 transfer yesterday.
EC was pretty traumatic as I had to go under twice.  The first time no eggs were found in the 2 follicles drained: I was pretty distraught at this.  They sent my blood away to check my levels, this came back good, so I went under again.  Being under twice didn't affect me too much, but I bled a lot: from the obvious area and my hand as I must've pulled the needle out (don't remember!).  Anyway I got 4 eggs, which was expected as I'm not a great responder.  (Re poor responding: when I asked Mr T last week during stimms if this meant I was close to menopause, he said not necessarily so.)

3 eggs were mature and 2 fertilised and both were at the 4 cell stage on day 2.  Apparently Mr T is doing some day 2 transfers on day 3 to see how the embryos progress.  So we went to day 3: one of the embies was a 'lovely 7 cells' (to quote the embryologist), but the other was still at 4 cells.  I'm being realistic about the 4 cell one, but hopeful with the 7 celler - not bad out of 4 eggs!

Feeling really numb: not happy nor sad (well maybe a little bit down).  Not sure why.  When DH told me today his brothers girlfriend had her baby earlier this week, I felt absolutely nothing?!

Maybe it's the drugs, I seem to be on everything!  Gestone  and heparin (2x per day!) injections, ritodrine, aspirin, thyroxine and steroids.  DH did the first gestone injection this morning.  He has a real phobia about needles and was really worried about it, but it didn't hurt at all, which was very surprising considering the size of the needle.

Sorry for no personals at the moment, will do so when I feel a bit more jolly.  Hope you don't mind, but I won't be saying the date I'm testing (you probably have a rough idea!) - we're not telling anyone - I feel it's less pressure that way.

Love Moni
xxx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Poor you Moni you have been through it, wishing you all the luck in the world for the 2ww, don't right off that 4 cell embie either

here is a positive vibey thingy to help you along

^fairydust^ ^afro^ ^daisy^ ^clapping^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^goodluck^ ^monkey^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Croc

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Moni - sorry to hear you've been through such a traumatic experience, but it looks like you had a really good outcome in the end. As Croc says, don't write off that little 4 cell - you might need to look after it for the next 18 years!!!!  ;)
I was on the same drugs as you (except Thyroxine), and know how you feel, but I know they certainly helped and hope they do the same job for you too! It sounds like the rehearsal wasn't too good, which hopefully means the real 'performance' will be perfect - you had a fantastic result from 4 eggs - wow!  ^afro^
Wishing you & DH all the best for a  ^BFP^ and a calm and quick 2WW(!)
Lots of love
Jane
xx

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi everyone,

Moni - you have really been through the mill. Stay as positive as you can. Not surprised that you feel numb - its probably the shock of everything. Keep thinking of the end result. Sending you lots of good positive wishes for those embies ^reiki^

Flopsy - good to hear you had a nice birthday. I've had a sinus infection too - think its going around at the moment. Enjoy your weekend !

Ruth - hope your tummy is getting better. Not experienced EC yet but hopefully it will be soon

Jane - good to put a face & bump to the name !

Croc - great weight loss ^clapping^ ! I have another stone to lose but am finding it a bit difficult ( my DH keeps buying me chocolate ;D ) How are you losing the weight - are you on a specific diet? I am on the GI diet which works very well ( if I don't eat chocolate ;D )

Claudine - one of the girls on this thread ( can't remember who ) send round a note saying Mr T was retiring - I asked the girls in the ARGC office and I also asked Zita West ( who knows him ) and they haven't heard this. I haven't got any more info.

Helen - welcome to the thread and good luck for your treatment

Nikki - hope things are going well.

Whilst we were on holiday we found a magazine in the US called Conceive. Its a really good magazine that you can subscribe to at http://www.conceivemagazine.com Its specifically targeted at getting pregnant through IVF/ICSI and other assisted techniques. I found it really interesting as in this months issue they show you different techniques ( in picture format ) of how to inject painlessly - great for a newbie like me.

Have a good easter weekend.

Hope everyone is well

Take Care
Audrey

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.