Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi again everyone

Croc - I don't think you're losing it at all - I think that's a really lovely way to look at it!  ;D  Glad you're excited about the wedding - where are you going on honeymoon?

Joanna - where are you?  Thinking of you and hoping all is going well.

Lots of love to all.

Debbie xxx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Croc

I seem to remember that you're getting married in the new forest - is that right, or am i dreaming?!! :) I got married there in 2003.  It was fab!
Where abouts are you actually having the wedding?

Love Tinaxx

·
Registered
537 Posts
This is great sitting in this corner cos I must look like I am really busy ;D

I'm gald you knew what I was trying to say Debbie...

We are going to Mauritius staying at the Dinarobin, which some people on here have stayed at and luckily it is meant to be great

and yes you're right Tina I am getting married in the New Forest in Lyndhurst at the crown, its a special place for us
apparently we have this really cookie registrar called Jeff who our hotel manager explained is a cross between Peter Sellars and a Shakespearian actor, the former because of the way he says 'the law'...anyway came back to work and I sit in between two guys and as soon as I said about our registrar both of them had been to weddings where officiated (which is weird considering we all live in and around london.)

Where did you get married?  maybe you had jeff too!! 

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Girls,

Nikki - sending lots of hugs and positive vibes to you. Everything crossed that the remaining eggs will be mature and go on to be wonderful embryos.

Tina - yes, you can get a prescription from the ARGC and then buy the drugs elsewhere. The prices vary considerably and some private chemists add a huge whack on top of the cost price as well.

Also with regards to the long cycle - my advice would be to ring or ask to see Mr T. I queried the long cycle and got fobbed off by a nurse. She was supposed to check with Mr T. and come back to me.  When it (the long cycle) turned into a disaster it transpired that she had never done this. Mr T. said that if I had an quibbles with my treatment I should have rung him on the emergency number.  Better safe than sorry.

Audrey - so sorry about the HEAF test! A friend of mine who has RA (not IVF related) also had a very positive test. She had to be investigated for a past or present Tuberculosis infection before she could start the drug.  She was OK but it was frightening for her at the time - as it must be for you right now.  Good luck at the hospital and I hope this gets sorted out soon.

Good luck to one and all!

With love from,

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi

Croc - I got married at Le Poussin at Parkhill (between Lyndhurst and Beulieu - which I know I have spelt wrongly!) - just me and DH and 2 witnesses.  Fab!  We had a female registrar, so not mad Jeff - although he sounds like fun! We went surfing in Cornwall for the honeymoon - not quite Mauritius!!!! ;D

Flopsy - thanks for your advice.  I will call Mr T now and see what he says.  I have already started injecting today, but one injection isn't going to make any difference.  I am very concerned as I do respond so badly, that the long protocol could be a disaster for me.

Take care

Tinaxx

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Croc - I don't live far from the New Forest....sounds like you will have a fab wedding day. I hope the sun shines all day for you.

Tina - I know Le Poussin well....mine and dh's favourite restaurant! dh takes his most special customers there - ones that spend most money that is!

Small world!

Crystal
x

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Crystal

Where are you based?  I am in Christchurch, so also not far from the New Forest.  Le Poussin is fab, isn't it?!

Love Txx

·
Registered
828 Posts
Argghh - forgot to log in and just lost my post!

Debbie, thanks for your positive vibes.  It must be helping as I went to almost 2000 yesterday.  Still worried as no scan as yet so don't know how many follicles I have or how well they are doing and it is now day 10. Things are at least going in the right direction though.  Do you think I should ask to speak to Mr T and ask for his thoughts? The nurse said it was too early to do a second scan as my levels are too low.

I hope you are feeling better today and able to focus on the moving forward stuff such as nutrition and acupuncture.

With regards to acupuncture, I did the Zita thing (nutrition etc) for 3 months and am still on her vits etc and trying to eat healthily.  I decided to go to Daniel for the acupuncture. 

Tina, with regards to drugs there are lots of threads on cheap drugs. You will probably be able to get them from the cheapest place for the 1st 4 days of stimms but after that I would cash in one day at a time and find somewhere that does a good price either near home or near ARGC.  I have 1500 of Gonal F left as I was switched to Merional cos of poor response.  I should have left them in the fridge at John Bell and Croyden and picked them up one day at a time as then I could have swapped them for Merional but once they have left they are not able to be returned. I was lucky enough to get my first lot of drugs on the NHS but they may not give me any more prescriptions as they did freak at the cost!

Flick, hope your levels are still rising.

2WW girls, hope you are relaxing and watching lots of day time TV/movies. 

Shade, hope your stimms are still going well.

Sorry to anyone I have missed.
Nikki, have sent you a message.

Lolx

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am really jealous of you two living in such a beautiful part of the country..

me and DF absolutely love the new forest, we are taking 24 people down there for two days and paying for all accomodation etc) cos we wanted to share it with the special people in our lives

I would love to live and work there it beats living in Essex and working in London any day

If your near Lyndhurst on the day you will have to pop in for a drink

Maureen

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey Maureen

I lived in London for 15 years, and have to say that moving down to the country has been the best thing I have ever done!  We walk our two (completely nutty) springer spaniels in the new forest every weekend, and they love it!

I would love to meet - I am sorry I can't make the ARGC meet up on Friday.  But if I am around on your big day I'll pop in for a drink (non-alcoholic!  :mad:)

Love Tinaxx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Tina

You are making me just soooooooo jealous the chill factor of being able to walk around the new forest when you want

I can't make the ARGC meet either which is a shame, as I have to hold onto every bit of my precious holiday (as using three weeks up for the wedding and honeymoon)...
and am going AWOL in here on Monday as our 1st appointment at the ARGC is in the middle of the day

I would love to see you and anyone else who lives around or will be visiting the new forest on the day, but you will  have to have a couple of sips of champagne at the least

Maureen

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Maureen

Good luck for your first appointment!

I will definitely pop-in if we are around.

Take care

Love Tinaxx

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Tina - I live near Southampton. Have you tried 'Simply Poussin' in Brockenhurst?

Croc - Lyndhurst is lovely, we often go there to look around the antique shops, so may see you if we are around that day. You have chosen a beautiful location.

Crystal
xx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey Cystal

I work near to Southampton - in Broughton, very close to Romsey - so another coincidence!

I haven't been to simply Poussin - I might try it though as Poussin at Parkhill is closed for refurb at the moment - and we're getting withdrawal; symptons!

Maureen - you have chosen a fab location, and here's to a great day  ^spin^

Take care

Love Tinaxx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks for your kind messages and I mean it you are very welcome to pop along and have a drink with us

Now I better shut up and give everyone else room to post otherwise everyone else on here will be sick of my bl**dy wedding  ;D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just to say that I'm back home again, DH rushed down to pick me up last night with all my bags and I crawled into bed around midnight.

Have gone back to work as I can't really afford to take additional time off.  I work P/T so it's not really a big stress in my life (as opposed to house renovation Juliet, which is, I spent the weekend painting alcoves... do you think paint fumes can affect FSH levels?)

Thanks for all your supportive messages, I will just have to hope that FSH levels sort themselves out.  Moral dilemma coming up though, MILs 60th birthday is beginning of May and we're booked up for a weekend at Centreparcs with DH's 2 sisters and their families.  If my FSH levels are right next month we'll have to drop out.

Given that FIL died over a year ago, it seems cruel to cancel at last minute... but the months seem to be slipping away and I can't even guarantee my FSH levels being normal any more...!  Am beginning to wish I'd gone last month even though I was mentally unprepared.

Debbie,  ^bow^ for your note taking powers, that was a hugely impressive post.

Good luck for fertilisation Nikki and best wishes to everyone on tx (sorry I'm still scrambled myself)

Georgia, wish I was still in London, not least for meet-up!!! Another time I hope... I guess I should really be on the Waiting Impatiently list when you have time to add me...

Croc, I love hearing about other people's weddings and I REALLY love to see photos!  Hoping there's going to be a gallery!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Afternoon

Nikki- great news on 7 eggs. Sending you lots of positive thoughts for fertilisation. Good luck for tomorrow. xx

Debbie  -hope you are ok hun. I feel for you. I am ok thanks and awaiting af to come to get moving with things. Hysteroscopy pending on date of it and my cycles are all over the place now so I have no idea.

Croc - can't believe how close things are for you now, your ist consultation and wedding are nearly here. I love reading your posts. I used to live in Devon but I like the city too much - can't survive without Selfridges 30 mins away!!

Claudine - hope you are ok. You seem to be quite jolly but it must be a real pain in the backside to plan things and have to unplan them.

Moni - hope you are not too bored, it must be weird to have time on your hands as that is a thing which we rarely have.Devon was gorgeous. The weather was awful but our retriever loves the water and we went to the beach lots and he swam and it was so exhilirating to see the waves crashing on the beach and the wind blowing the white spray. I loved it.

Girls can I ask a question? Before my tx I used to know when I was ovulating and had pains in my side. I know I have mentioned this before and you gave me advise but do you think I should phone the argc to see if this could affect my next tx in April or would you wait til hysteroscopy time and ask Mr T. then? I don't know why but it is bothering me as since tx I have no pains which to me means things aren't normal. Sorry girls it's just my mind has started to think .. and what if this ... and what if that...!!

Love to all and good luck with whatever you are doing
GM xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi ARGC ladies,

Can I join you?  I am due to start a monitored cycle as soon as AF arrives (hopefully in the next few days) and then ICSI no 3 the next month if all goes well.

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hiya
Kim- Thanks for the post back.
I had a miscarriage at nearly 10 weeks in 2002, before I got diagnosis of factor 5 and prior to ARGC, was convinced I should be on heparin but other clinic said only after 12 weeks - doh!!
Your case has given me fresh hope that if I am lucky enuf to conceive, then perhaps I will get to keep it this time.

Cheers honey- your post really got me inspired again!

Love to all.

Missy xxx

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.