Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Nikki - Starbuck is a FAB name for the embie!  ;D
I'm sure he/she will thank you at their 18th birthday party  ;)
Wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrows call  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Jane
XX

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nikki, dh & little Starbuck  ^goodluck^ for ET

xxx

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi girls

I am now at home so don't have to worry about flicking between this screen and a spreadsheet whenever anyone comes near my PC.  I think FF should get a coded site in corporate colours so that we can spend our days posting instead of working.  I can't even think about work at the moment as I just want to know what is going on with everyone!

Jane, I hope you had a nice lady who lunches day. Your handbag sounds gorgeous, you should post a picture on the site of that too! It is nice to hear about handbags and weddings as it gives us all something else to think about apart from hormone levels and follicles so keep posting details Croc.  

Georgia, I haven't replied on the Friday meet up as I was waiting to see what is happening with me.  I don't think I can make it as tomorrow will be my last day at work as I am on day 12 of stimming by then so am hoping I will get to trigger over the weekend or on Monday.  BTW, love your picture.  Did you all see the Comic Relief Trisha episode?

Debbie, I love your long posts and wish I was as good as you at ensuring I don't miss anyone.  Do you have a method!?   I also feel guilty about the me, me, me posts.  The trouble is that because it is my first time I am in no position to advise anyone else and also panic about everything so need to ask lots of questions.  Hopefully I can pay it forward once I get to the end of my first cycle.  I hope your diet goes well, don't worry - if you are seeing Zita/Mel you will lose weight as all the nice things are not allowed.  My DH has just bought himself 3 boxes of Cadbury's Cream eggs and is planning his intake of Caramel Machiatos as we speak.  As once he has done his bit he can take a break from the 4 month diet for a week or two.

Shade, I hope the scan went well today.

Nikki, good luck with ET.

I had another scan this morning and the left side is looking much better than I was expecting.  I had the new DR so could ask him how many I had as I know Mr T doesn't say.  He has also learnt the art of telling me to mind my own business but there seemed to be about four or so big ones and I think they are about 17mm.  The right side were all about 1/4 of the size of the left ones and I don't think they will be any good but depends on how much longer I stimm for  I guess. I haven't got a scan tomorrow, anyone got any idea how much longer I have to go based on this?

Sorry to anyone I have missed (I am on a fresh screen so can't scroll down!) and good luck to 2WW girls.  

Lots of Love

Lolx

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi girls,

Nikki - good luck for et.  ^goodluck^

Joanna - good luck for ec.  ^goodluck^

To those meeting up tomorrow, have a lovely time - wish I could go!

Good luck to all,
Love Moni
xxx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Girls

Just a quickie!

Nikki - loads of luck for tomorrow.........and I did have a 2 day transfer.....Claire, Mr T and DH dragged me in crying as I said I could not take another failure..........!!  You just never know in this game!! Big +ve vibes to you and your embie!!

Carmela - so so sorry to hear your news.....Look after yourself hun, my thoughts will be with you for next week.

Flick - thinking of you.......send you a quick txt

Big hugs girls

Still can't believe I am here!

Jenfx (26 +4 weeks)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Quick question I hope you can help me with: after worrying that I've not had any signs at all of anything happening on the 2ww I've just been to the loo and there's quite a bit of blood in the loo and then when I wipe. It's not what I'd expect to call spotting but pretty much normal af. Is this possible when I'm now Day 9 (having had ET on Day 5)? I've had af type cramps today.

I'm sure the cyclogest is meant to keep af away - but as I say this doesn't seem like spotting due to the quantity.  There aren't any clots.

Can anyone help?

Thx

Ruth.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Ladies

I spent ages today at ARGC and I've only just logged in to see what's happening, particularly with Nikki.
I'm so sorry to hear your news, it reminds me so much of my previous cycle when most of my eggs were lost and none fertilised. At least you have one good embie which is a real hope. I don't want to repeat that it only takes one here again but this is so true. Please try to stay positive and create a lovely home for your embie, it is a really special one! You can do it - I know that. I'll be praying for you and your little one.  All the best.  ^fairydust^

Joanna - good luck for tomorrow's EC  ^afro^

To all ARGC ladies who are meeting tomorrow - have a lovely time, shame I can't join you. (rotten work)

I had my scan today, the other doctor who also saw Lol before me told me that I had too many follies. Then I got phone call for another blood test and scan. I went back to the clinic and again waited for a while to see Mr T. He told me all was OK and decided to keep me on the same dose of gonal. I'm a bit confused why I was called to come again (it was only day 6 of stimms) but better safe then sorry I guess. Tomorrow only blood test so at least no more waiting...

All the best to everyone else
Lots of love
Shade
xx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good luck Nikki.

I had only 1 little embie on my first IVF - a little slow growing 4 cell 3 day transfer, and she's now a gorgeous bright little 20 month old.  ;D ;D

So think positive thoughts ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ruth,

It could be implantation bleed, so try not to worry hun (easier said than done on the 2ww as I know).  The cramping could be due to the embies burrowing in too.

As it says on the sheet given at et, bleeding is common even before the pregnancy test and does not mean you are not pregnant.  I'd give the clinic a call tomorrow (it says on the sheet you can call) if you're really worried and they may increase your cyclogest dose.

Try and rest as much as possible sweetheart.

Love Moni
xxx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Ruth,

Try not to worry. I've sent you a message

Niamh

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi girls,

Ruth - hope your bleeding sorts itself out. Everytime I have been pregnant I got implantation bleeding about 5 days after ovulation ( I always thought it was AF as I had AF type pains). Keep rested,relaxed and try not to worry.

Carmela - hope you’re bearing up. Thinking of you

Nikki - good luck for ET. I will be sending you positive vibes all day.

JenF - hope you are enjoying your pregnancy

Joanna - good luck for tomorrow  ^goodluck^  ^goodluck^

Debbie - Hope you're feeling a bit better. I am sure people at your work will be very sensitive when you return. Hope your return to work goes well.

Lol - hope your treatment goes well

Jane -  Welcome to the Ladies Who Lunch Club ! Not long to go now. Enjoy your "break" and get as rested as you can cos life is gonna be a lot busier for you very soon   ;D

Flick - hope your levels are rising nicely

Olwen - hi, where are you in your treatment?

Kayse - welcome, good luck with the 2ww

Eileen -  Hope the 2WW is going well. Not long till testing . Hope you are relaxed and well rested.

EH - welcome, good luck with your treatment

Juliet - Hope your FSH comes down this month. Hows your kitchen looking now?

Tinak - hope your down cycle goes well.

Moni - hope 2ww is going quickly. Hope your well and relaxed

Georgia - hi, hows your treatment plan coming along?  I love your pic.   ;D

Debbie - hi hope your feeling a bit better. I think your going back to work soon? Hope this goes well.

Callie - hope your FSH gets to the right level.

Marly - hope your pregnancy is going well

Croc -  Like the sound of your diet. I am actually on the GI diet and  I mix that with the diet I got from Zita West. Ocassionally I enhance the diet with select pieces of chocolate too  At least the chocolate is organic!! J

Shade - Hope your blood test goes well tomorrow

Hi to GM,EmmCook9, Amanda, Eva04, Lou, Shade, Emmalou, Paranoid, Missy, Crystal,. Emmi, LOL, Sophia1 Claudine

Thanks flopsy, croc ( maureen ), Emmi, Debbie, Moni, Juliet for your advice on the Heaf test.
I was in hospital for the day in isolation  ( because I had the Grade 4 Heaf test ).  I discovered  I had been in contact with someone who had TB without knowing it and am on a course of antibiotics. I don’t have active TB or am I ill but they just give you the antibiotics just in case and they want to do repeat x-rays/blood tests over the next 3 months.  Don’t know how long I will be on them or how this will delay my treatment but the TB doc says no Humira or IVIG for me. Will find out all the answers soon once I manage to get hold of Mr T

Georgia - I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to come to the meet up tomorrow ( although I would love to ). I think after being in a hospital all day and being on antibiotics and all that stuff that its better I stay at home for everyone's safety.  Do you think there will be another meet up?

Hope I haven't missed anyone out
Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Ladies
I havn't posted before but have been lurking around for ages.  In a nutshell I have been ttc for 3 years.  I was on 50mg of clomide for a year as I didn't always ovulate.  Then I had cysts due to excessive clomide use.  These were removed in November last year along with some mild endo.  I then went on to have 3 IUIs in Worthing hospital. All negatives.  Decided to move on to IVF and am now at the ARGC.  I have had the Chicago tests and have slightly raised TNF levels.  I am now on Humira.  DP did my first injection in my leg and I am due to have the second this Saturday. Reading some ladies posts I see that most of you have the injection in your stomach.  Is there a reason for this.  I am worried that if I do them in my leg they won't be so effective.  Sorry to introduce myself and launch straight into a question. I promise I will try to keep my questions to a minimum and hope to get to know everyone.  It so nice to know that you are not the only person in the world in this situation.

Beachbabe X

·
Registered
614 Posts
Welcome to the ARGC thread Beachbabe!

Not sure where Humira injections are meant to be given, but I always did my suppressing/stimmulating injections in my thigh as it was much easier.

I noticed that you had IUIs at Worthing - I live in Worthing!  Feel free to fire any questions you need to ask: I did when I first joined this thread.

Good luck,
Love Moni
xxx

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Well - I will be joining Claudine in the quest for low fsh. Mine came back at 12. something (2 or 3 I think). I don't mind too much as I didn't really feel ready this month and have a load of things to take care of, which I don't want to be stressing about during tx. Roll on next month!

Crystal
xx

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Audrey
Hope the antibiotics don't make you feel too rough and sort out your TB issue.
Beachbabe, ARGC told me it didn't make an difference.  When we switched drugs we switched to the stomach (I didn't respond to GonalF).  I am responding to Merional but I am sure that is just a coincidence.  The final injection has to be given in the stomach I think so I guess it is good to get a bit of practice in but I would do it wherever is easiest.
Some of the girls have also said you can switch sides depending on which side is responding....
Lolx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi Girls,

Niki- Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ vibes for ET 2mrow mate. I am thinking of you and DH.

Joanna- Goodluck 2mrow for EC. Hope all goes well :-*

Moni- Hope your 2ww is going good and you have a BFP soon.

Hope all the girls meeting up 2mrow have fun!!!

Love Em.xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about my post this morning all day and have realised how selfish I must have sounded moaning about the new baby at work and pregnant women!  Sorry if I have caused any of the ARGC mummies to be any offence whatsoever.  When I see anyone with a bump I feel so envious and start thinking "oh I bet is was easy for her - just one night of sex and hey presto!".  I know that's really silly and may very well not be the case.  But I feel really rude having moaned about this today and would just like to say sorry and that I love reading the posts from the mummies to be - they really give me hope that one day I will get there!  So please excuse me Jane and Carmela and the other mummies to be - I think I am a bit mad at the moment!

Nikki - I can't believe it - how can that happen?  What does Mr T mean he thinks it is the trigger drug - it's just not good enough!!!  Thinking of you sweetheart and keeping everything crossed for your little fighter - hope he/she settles in comfortably into mummy's tummy - the best possible environment there is!  ^reiki^ Loads of luck for the ET.  I also have a 1 embryo story as told to me by the embryologist before ET and it resulted in a successful pregnancy! Big hugs to you, DH and Starbuck!

Audrey - very glad to know you haven't got active TB - thinking of you and hoping you are ok and the antibiotics will sort things out asap!  Hope you get hold of Mr T really soon!

Crystal - sorry about your levels - hope they come down really soon.  You sound really positive - take it easy hon.

Hi Beachbabe - welcome and good luck!  If you're worried why not ring the clinic - they will put your mind at rest.

Ruth - you poor thing - it's such a nerve wracking time isn't it?  You are definitely at the right time for implantation bleeding - it's supposed to be between days 8 to 12 following ovulation (or ec).  Zita West says in her book that cramping and slight bleeding is a sign things are going well and I have read loads and loads of stuff on the net that say the same.  Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for you!  What day are you testing?

Shade - don't worry - if Mr T says its ok that has to be good news - and if you have too many follies I guess he will just coast you till some disappear?  Wishing you lots of luck - hope the bloods are ok tomorrow.

Hi Lol - thank you for saying you love my posts - hope I am not boring everyone!  Like you I am new and hope people don't feel I am being cheeky adding my two penn'orth (I'm sure that's not how to spell it!)!  Having been through one cycle I feel a little bit wiser but still have loads of questions too!  I have developed a method for my long posts - I open the thread again on a new page (right click with the mouse and choose open new window) so I can keep referring back.  Don't know how easy that will be in work next week but sod it - I may just have to set aside an hour or two just for this thread!  Hope your follies keep growing - they sound good - and all I can say is keep asking about them - I really wish I had asked more questions and when you think how much we are paying for this we have every right to do so!  What day of stimms are you on?  What are your oestradiol levels like?

Joanna - loads of luck for tomorrow hon.  Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Hi Kayse - glad your IUI went so well.  All the best for the next 2 weeks - take it easy and look after yourself!

Hi EH - hope you start stimming asap.  Good luck!

Hi Flopsy - thanks so much for your reply - anything you can send me would be a really big help.  Is Dr Beer the Chicago guy Mr T has links with?

Hi Croc - hope you're ok.  The embryologist at et told me that it's 1,000 units of oestradiol per egg - so maybe your levels are only a tiny bit high after all?  PS your wedding plans sound really fab - how lovely and exciting!  I loved my wedding day - definitely the best day of my life - you must enjoy every millisecond because it goes by really really fast!

Callie - hope AF turns up asap!  Good luck!

Love to all and hi and lots of luck to anyone I have not mentioned.  Hope you girls meeting up have a fab time!

Debbie xxx

·
Registered
375 Posts
mornin girls, looking forward to meeting some more of you later xx

once again i had the nightmare wait till 7.30 pm for my results!!! arrrgggghhh anyway good news levels now up to 170 and progesterone level is very good- yiiipppppeeee- my last frostie fighter hubby called gladiator- not quite as sweet as starbucks- so this is now gladiator mark 2!?!- gotta to be boy anyway causing this much grief!

Nikki- i hope your starbucks is ready for "come to mama day" and snuggles in nicely- remember positive thinking goes a long long way- good luck xx^fairydust^

Joanna-  ^banana^ good luck for EC- hope you didnt have a sleepless night- and take it real easy for the next few days  :-*

Ruth- dont worry too much about bleeding it is very common and does not indicate only bad stuff! easier said than done :-\

Beachbabe- i was a humira girl- you will need to rotate the injection site each time in your thighs and your tummy- once each side of tum- dont do an injection in the same place twice in a row.

debbie- let it out girl ^furios^ that is the whole point of this place- we can all say those awfull things that other people would not understand. we all know what you mean- sometimes i want to scream when people say how easy it was for THEM to get pregnant or moan about not sleeping because of their kids- i personally want to kick em in the head ^evil^ or worse!! i avoid all situations now that involve pregnant women- argc girls exempted! or small children- i have not seen my family since my last miscarriage as i just find it too too painful and difficult and i know they have no concept of how difficult all of this is- indeed they are all saying to me why dont you give up- what?! give up- do they have any idea how difficult THAT is...see you have started me off now!

nice fridays to you all

big love F xxx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ PLEASE CAN WE GO TO PIZZA HUT AS THEY HAVE A BUFFET ON ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^
Could you let me know where you want to go by tx you all have my mobile number as I am meeting Fiffi in Oxford Street at 11 so we can go and book a table for us all for 2pm.Half the girls here know how much I love pizza ;D
Mind you don't care where I go as long as I eat and hey I can be the alchobolic  ;D :p for the day and drink all your drinks......yippee just love not being on any tx for the mo anyway

Hope you all have a lovely day and yes we will try and do monthly meets
I will post piccys later

Love Georgia
xxx

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.