Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Lol

I'm sorry your feeling like this but everyone is completely different and every TX is different.For Example my 1st TX I was on gonal f all the way through and did excellent and got a  ^reiki^ only to lose it.
My 2nd TX was completely different I didn't respond to the gonal f at all and kept on being changed to menopur and merional the cycle felt crap and I was on a downer all the time,those on here that can remember will tell you what it was like.
My 3rd TX was exactly like my 1st one both of those times I had blasts put back in.I remember speaking to Mr.Taranissi about this and he mentioned it actually goes on your cycle as on my 2nd TX my AF was nothing really and was 2 weeks late but on the other ones it was on time and as I said I had no problems.Yes the 1st go is trial and error but a majority of people actually succeed on this attempt.
Hope this helps a bit and is not too confusing

Love Georgia
xxx

·
Registered
586 Posts
Georgia I was reading your reply to Lol and was interested in what you said about the first attempt being trial and error but the majority of people succeed at this go. Is this what statistics reveal? as I have always been led to believe that statistics prove that most take about 3 goes and so the % that get pg on first attempt is actually very low. I am interested to learn that you have been told differently only really because I have been consolling myself that it is OK to fail at first and still be in with a chance of getting there. I hope this makes sense. GM x

·
Registered
586 Posts
Lol - I am sorry you are feeling this way and it must be awful for you having so much going on in your mind about your tx and the way it has turned out. You need to sit down and right a list of questions that you want to put across in your follow up, that is if you need one. You need to think about all the things you feel could have been done / changed and ask why or what would have happened if some thing different was done. It is your consultation and you should come away feeling that your questions have been answered. And I am sure they will be as they are so lovely at the argc and their priority is you.

You might find that light will be shed on things before you have to mention them and that you will feel better at the consultation. I understand that you feel let down and not happy with the way things have turned out and no I don't think you are being hormonal. I agree with  Georgia in that every tx is different and your body does different things depending on what is going on around at the time.

If you feel you can't or don't want to wait until your follow up, give them a ring and see if someone can speak to you on the phone.

I hope this makes sense to you. I hope you feel better and not so down soon, but I know it takes time.
Take care GM xx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I was told that yes the 1st go is like a trial and error as they have no idea what your body reacts to and what drugs to give you,come the 2nd they know your body alot more then before and basically what will work.But as said each tx is different just because some are on gonal f all the way through 1 tx doesn't mean to say it will work the 2nd time around.With my 1st one I was only on 300 gonal f a day but for my 2nd gonal f didnt work.
Hopefully Lol all will be well and that miracle will work it has happenend before so it can happen again.Think  ^reiki^ thoughts 

Moni I hope your feeling ok hopefully it will not be an ectopic.Please try and be  ^reiki^ after having Dan as I said to carmela I had to abort twins as things were not going to plan then I had an ectopic and also all my miscarriages.But everyone including you will get to be a mummy.Why do you think you will not be sweetie.I'm here for  you if you need a chat.

As I mentioned above yes I also had to abort twins but a bit early then carmela did.,as both of them only had torsos.Carmela I hope my im helped you a bit.Not a day goes by when I don't think about them and also all my losses but by having some stars named after them really helped.In the gorgeous summer months I just sit and watch the stars and try and think what things would be like now,but in time you do feel better.

Anyway on a better note hope your all well

Well I haven't managed to speak to Mr.T since my follow up so will try and speak to him this week sometime to see what he has come up with,we will hopefully start tx in July/August.Think I better start getting in practice with my drinking lol ;D.

Tonga good luck today sweetie hope it all goes well and that you have some frosties left over.

Joanna have a great time in the maldives are you sure I can't fit in your case ;D 

Hope you all have a lovely day

Lotsa Love
Georgia
xxx

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ARGC GIRLS

ARGC Mummies

Van - 06/02 ^blueted^
Dada - 10/12/04 ^blueted^
Wendy - 10/03/05 Eleanor ^pinkted^
Kerry (KT) - 22/03/05 Matthew and James ^blueted^ ^blueted^
Nicj - 22/03/05 Abbie and Megan ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
Kate (Mrs.P) 23/03/05 Gabriele ^blueted^

ARGC Mummies To Be

Amber - EDD 01/04/05 ^babycrawl^
Kim - EDD 18/05/05 ^babycrawl^ (Induction 04/05/05)
Jane - EDD 19/05/05 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Lara - EDD 26/05/05 ^blueted^ ^blueted^
JenF - EDD 4/07/05 ^babycrawl^
Emma - EDD 31/07/05 ^babycrawl^
Victoria - EDD 4/08/05 ^babycrawl^
DBZ - EDD 6/8/05 ^babycrawl^
Emmi - EDD 7/8/05 ^babycrawl^
Renata - EDD 18/8/05 ^babycrawl^
Tash - EDD 23/08/05 ^babycrawl^
Megan - EDD 9/9/05 ^babycrawl^
Marly - EDD ^babycrawl^
Carmela - EDD ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Emma lou- EDD ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^
Flick - ^reiki^
Moni - ^reiki^
Wisbabe(Ruth) ^reiki^

2WW girls

Lol -Testing ?
Tonga- Testing 20/4

EC/ET

Shade E/T /4

tj71 -FET 12TH/13th April ^goodluck^

Stimmers and sniffers

Countrygirl-D/R 17/3
Kitty- Stimms
Euston-D/R
Tina-D/R
Juliet -SP

Immune tests/hormone profiles

Patrice - Immunology Results
Plink- Immunology Results
Sparkle Humira
Lou-

^excercise3^Cycle Monitoring ^excercise3^

olwen
Eva -

Waiting impatiently and going crazy

Callie
GM - TX April/May
Crystal - April/May
Fiffi - Summer
Muji
Paranoid
TheWife - TX May/June?
Missylondon- Summer
Hellooo
analise
jparks(jen)
Claudine
Joanna
Nikki

Follow-ups

Lila
Dockers
Flopsy
Dee- 17th May
Sophia-12th May
Eileen
Debbie-6th May
Croc

Initial Consultations

Laylar ?
Emmacg 28/04

Argc angels gone but never forgotten

Kate -Baby lost 12 weeks RIP
Teresa baby boy lost 22 weeks RIP
Carmela- Twin boys lost at 12 weeks RIP

Honorary Members

Georgia - No 1 girl (originator)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Lol,
I can totally understand why you are feeling like this - the 2ww is bad enough when you've got 2 embies on board, but having one embie that hadn't carried on must be a worry - I'm really thinking of you and as the others have said and Mr T himself, you CAN get pregnant from this embie and it is so much happier in your tummy than a horrible petri dish. 

I don't think you are being hard on ARGC at all - I believe that the first tx is really trial and error - when I had ET, they didn't give me any drugs to take, just the cyclogest pessaries and the embryologist was really surprised - I think they just wanted to see what would happen - now i've learnt that i've got a longer than average uterus and slightly raised NK cells so these may all have been a factor and they know a lot more about me.  Sorry for ramble, but I just wanted to say that they will learn such a lot about you from this cycle but why they didn't want to abandon before EC, I think as GM said, you wil have to write a long list of questions and go through them during your consultation if you need one - you've got to stay positive.

I don't think you are being irrational at all - during the 2ww there is not a lot you can do apart from think about it all and as you say, you have spent a year preparing for this. My last time was my first and I think like you I would have been upset/disappointed so don't be hard on yourself. Mr T is brilliant and you ARE in the best place, you just need to voice your worries and they will be there to reassure you. As GM said, you could call them this week and try to talk it through with someone.

I really hope your embie is snuggling in - thinking of you and I will hopefully be joining you on 2ww on Tues or Thurs if my frosties defrost ok.

Sorry for no other personals for now except to say WOW Georgia, you're up early ;D and great news for starting in July time

Oh and have a great holiday Joanna, you deserve the R&R - you will come back brown and healthy and ready for another tx, I am sure
^bye^

Speak later girls x

·
Registered
712 Posts
Georgia - could you add me to the list - i am having ET on Tues or Weds if frosties defrost ok - am on natural FET cycle.
Thanks x

·
Registered
359 Posts
Morning Ladies,

Hope you are all o.k.

Thank you to Juliet,callie and Tina for your IM. I have sent you all one back  :)

Not long until my appointment at the ARGC. I spoke to one of the Nurses on friday to request that we see Mr T. She said she could not promise, but has put a note on our file. What do you think our chances are?

Hope all is o.k.

Have a good day all.

Love Em.xxx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good Morning Ladies

I have just typed a long message and lost it!!!  :mad: Let's try again...

Lol - I really understand how you are feeling, 2ww is so hard and with the outcome of your tx it is so hard to stay positive. Please remember, the Nugget may still surprise you, so don't loose your hopes completely. As others said - first tx is always a learning curve for the doctors, for some lucky ones it works and for the others doesn't. It is though a very helpful lesson for the future. I'm sure Mr T does his best to make you pregnant. I think it maybe helpful to call ARGC and talk to someone about your issues, they may not want to arrange a follow-up before your test though. There is still hope Hon and I'm praying for you and your Nugget.  ^reiki^ ^angel^

Georgia - I'm glad to hear that your are planning for tx in the summer, get your body ready too in the next few months but remember the fun part too (all in moderation).  ^spin^

Paranoid - I hope you are feeling better, wishing you all the best for you appointment  ^goodluck^

TJ21 - not long to go - EC round the corner.  ^goodluck^

GM - I'm also under impression that a small % of tx works first time, your chances improve 2nd, 3rd time.

Flopsy - all the best for your appointment, I really hope it's not the end of the road for you.  ^afro^

Best wishes to everyone else
Have a lovely Sunday

Love
Shade
xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello,

A few of you may remember I posted a while back, just before our initial consultation. Bad news for us I'm afraid - unfortunately it seems now that we won't be able to have a baby together. DH had PESA and TESA on Tuesday and they both failed - not one sperm. THis has come as a huge shock to us both, as every doc we have seen, including Mr T have been v.positive and just assumed there was a blockage. They have told us that even when they were doing the TESA all looked healthy and normal so they were v.surprised in the lab when there was nothing.

Anyway its early days and just taking each day at a time, but pretty devastated. Life seems so unfair doesn't it? Our only hope is to try the other testicle - they only took a biopsy from one side, as they were convinced they would find loads of sperm - but Mr T has told us it is pretty much guaranteed now that that side would be the same too. Just one of those unexplainable things....

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know. Georgia please take me off the list. Although I hadn't posted much, I was looking forward to getting to know you all better when I started tx. I think you are all wonderful girls and so very brave. Wishing you all so much luck with your treatment and hope you will all achieve your dreams before too long.

Hxx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi Hels-Bels,

I was so sorry to read your post. My DH has CBAVD which basically means he has no tubes that carry the sperm so the only way to retrive sperm is through SSR. At our last clinic they managed to find some sperm but we have now moved to the ARGC and he has to have another SSR but there are no guarantees they will find sperm again.

What has Mr T suggested? Do you think you will go down the donor road? I really hope you and your dh can discuss things.
I wish you all the luck in the world for the future. :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dear H, I was so sad to read your post - life IS so unfair. You both must be devastated. I know a lot more focus is usually on us girls, but DH must be feeling so down. Look after each other. I don't know what to say except I am thinking of you both and I'm really hoping that when you start to come to terms with this you can sit down and explore other options available to achieve your dream if that is what you both decide. 
GOOD LUCK and big ^hugme^ to you both x

Shade - is your ET tomorrow? I am on a frozen cycle so I am just waiting for ET which should be on Tues/Weds so if all goes to plan we will be on 2ww together.

Thanks Georgia for adding me to the list.

xxx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lol - i am so sorry for the way you are feeling and to be honest i am not surprised. You have been through so much, your hormones also are all over the place.
I remember my 1st IVF was a disaster (not at ARGC). I got to the stimming stage without a single blood test or scan. It came to my first scan, they found  a cyst the size of a tomatoe on my ovary so everything had to be abandoned.
It was all new to me so i did not know what to ask, or what to expect. They continued after the cyst had dispersed, i did not respond very well. I ended up with 6 eggs of which only 2 were ok. I had the 2 not very good grade embies put back on day 2.
We were angry and wondered why i had not been monitored more closely, they told us the 1st cycle is always a learning one and they would improve next time.
As Georgia said out of 4 cycles i responded differently in each.
I do not think Mr T is the type of person who would do something just for the sake of it. I believe he must have thought things could still work out for him to continue.
As GM said if you are really worrying alot maybe you could write down questions you want answered and ask to speak to someone.
I hope you are feeling better soon

Georgia - your post did help alot. I am sorry you also have been through very hard times.
What i did not tell you all, is that before the procedure i had to have a 3d scan. I had to watch the iden twins wriggling around, one of them, my athlete did another somersault for us, then he hit his brother 3 times. He would not keep still. I think he would have been a little rascal.
So when i name a star after them, he will be the brightest one.
You are right it will be very comforting to look up into the sky and think of them. Thank you again.
Your smilies link is great.

Hels Bels - i am so sorry to hear your news. I do not know much about the problem you face so cannot comment.
Life is very unfair unfortunately and we have no choice but to just get on with it.
Will you not have the biopsy on the other side just to put your minds at rest?
I wish you and DH all the best. If you feel down and just need to talk please come and join us, we are here if you need us

Morning to everyone else

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi girls

Thanks for all of your advice.  I will wait for my test and then try to talk to someone at the clinic straight away and hopefully they will reassure me and will make sure I prepare lots of questions for my follow-up.  It has just hit me really hard as this was our first proper chance to get pg but I feel that I am no better off than any other month.  I am just being impatient I know and compared to what many of you have been through I know I am making a fuss about nothing. 

Georgia, your post helped me realise that I have to be prepared to expect the unexpected and as long as my follow up tells me what should happen to get a good number of eggs then I can ask lots of questions along the way during my 2nd treatment.  I can see why you are unsure of whether to put yourself through it all again.  It feels like I haven't lived my life properly since we found out we'd have to do ICSI as we are so focused on vitamins, no alcohol, organic veg, not moving house so we can pay for treatment/be near the clinic.  If we can have a baby it will all be worth it but I just wish I had a crystal ball to know for sure! 

Carmela, the 3D scan must have been heartbreaking.  I'm so sorry.

Hels Bels, you must be gutted.  What to do next is a really difficult decision, best of luck to you and DH.

Shade, good luck for tomorrow. 

TJ71, good luck for Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks again for all your support.  Lots of Love,

Lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
Afternoon ladies

Carmela- your scan must have been so lovely but so devasting to see knowing what you had to go through. I feel for you so much and think you have been through so so much more than most people could even begin to tolerate. You are a really special lady and will be a very special mum. xx

Georgia  -my heart goes out to you. You have been through so much too and yet you are such a lovely spirited and positive person. I cried when I read your bit about the stars, how lovely is that. I don't know how you and Carmela do it, I get so emotional when I read these things if it was me I would be in a constant state of tears. You deserve so much to be a mum again and will be quite soon, great to hear you are trying July / August.

Shade -  ^goodluck^ for today. Lots of rest now and let dh pamper you.xx

Tonga -  ^goodluck^ for today too. Thinking of you.

Lol - I hope you feel a bit better but it is not surprising you feel like this so don't beat yourself up about your emotions.

Paranoid - I hope you are feeling better today. I did send you an IM but don't know if you got it ok. When is your appointment?

tj71 -  ^goodluck^ for Tuesday or Wednesday. I hope your frostie warms up nicely.

H - I am so sorry to read your news. Yes life is so unfair I agree. I hope you take time to think through your situation and look after yourselves. Sending you a big hug xx ^Cuddle^

Lou - ( I am sure it was you who asked about the car park but it is on the last thread). the nearest car parks to the argc are on the corner of Chiltern Street and Crawford Street that is an NCP multi storey, there is one one block west of Marylebone  High Street which is an open air one also NCP. There are loads of meters around the place and single yellow lines if you go after 6.30 or Sundays.

Well af arrived during the night so off for bloods tomorrow then hopefully it will be round 2 for me.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday - shame it has to be followed by Monday.

Love GM xx

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lol - you are not making a big fuss about nothing. Do not under estimate what you have been through. There is always someone worse off than what we ourselves are, that does not mean that our pain is insignificant.
It is all very raw for you now, but when you get afew answers + start planning what to do next (if you have to) your hopes and dreams come flooding back and you will find you start coping again. Wishing you all the best

GM - thank you for the lovely complement, it had me in tears (see i  am not that different from you).
Hope you are well

Love Carmela x

·
Registered
586 Posts
Carmela - I suppose not. Yes I am well thank you. I hope you are having a relaxing day. I am now as dh has just kicked me out of the kitchen - says I am a disaster area so he is doing lunch, how lovely. It pays to be incompetent at times! Love GM xx

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
tj71, good luck for ET this week - hope you've got a nice comfy warm home waiting for your frosties ^goodluck^.

Shade, good luck for ET and 2WW - I hope everything goes well and the time doesn't drag ^goodluck^.

Lol, you've been through a lot this tx and it's only natural you're asking questions - but don't feel you're making a fuss over nothing as that's clearly not the case. I hope you don't need a follow up - you've got to remember that Nugget has every chance of implanting and it's not over yet. Easier said than done, but try to relax. When do you test?

Tonga, hope today went well and you've stocked up on dvds, magazines etc for the next 10 days. Make sure you get some rest even though the boredom may drive you crazy - and don't buy any hpts!

Carmela, the 3D scan must have been such a heartbreaker. You & dh are such lovely brave people and I'm so sorry you had to make that decision. You've got two very special angels looking out for your two babies, that's for sure.

Jane, not long now - how exciting for you & dh!

Georgia, I'm so pleased you're trying again later in the summer. The emotions you must have felt over the tx years must be so varied and I'm really hoping this is your year. When I next look at the stars I'll think of your little ones.

GM, hope your levels are okay and you start the rollercoaster again soon ^goodluck^.

Paranoid, I hope you get to see Mr T. I didn't see him until stimming and for a time wondered if he really existed or was more like the Wizard of Oz(!) but if you've asked then I'm sure they'll see what they can do.

Hels Bels, what a shock you must have had. Life is so unfair and nature so cruel. Take some time out and good luck with whatever you decide to do next ^goodluck^.

Moni, good luck for your levels tomorrow. Are you doing the bloods locally? I hope you have managed to relax a little bit this weekend ^goodluck^.

Amber, good luck this week - look forward to hearing your news ^goodluck^.

Hi Nikki, hope the house sale is going through nice and smoothly.

Eileen, I hope you get your much needed peace and quiet now your relatives have gone. Take care and keep in touch.

HollyB, hope you had a lovely holiday and you've come back with some good news for us?

Hope everyone else is doing okay - sorry for not mentioning everyone by name (Juliet, Flopsy, Callie, Tina, EmmaLou, Emmi, Megan, Flick, Joanna (awol in Maldives), Sophia (awol in Mexico)...).

I'm back in London for another blood test tomorrow. My initial level of 92 increased to 209 on Friday so fingers crossed all is well tomorrow.

Take care all,

Ruth :)

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.